What is "Parousia"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL - "wasn't so bad" = being slaughtered by Jezebel is "not that bad"???

So bad was it that the LORD had to hide people for Himself to preserve Truth on earth.
And Elijah cries out "LORD, I alone am left"
But that is not persecution. that is just people rejecting the Lord

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it says nothing of Enoch suffering great troubles. We should not add to Scriptures things not there just because they may sound logical.
The Scripture does not give us the details of Enoch's suffering but it does tell us that anyone who lives for God will/has suffer(ed) persecution."

2 Timothy 3:12 - "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,"

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is not persecution. that is just people rejecting the Lord
And they seek to Take my life , to kill me . JEZEBEL gave order to KILL that man . so he fled into the wilderness
and then made this prayer unto GOD . they have destroyed your alters and now they SEEK MY LIFE .
OH IT WAS PERSECUTION . Jezebel wanted that man dead and she sent letters saying so .
BY THIS TIME TOMORROW YE SHALL BE AS ONE OF THEM . as the prophets of BAAL that he had put to death .
In other words by this time tomorrow YOU GONNA BE DEAD . SO he fled for his life . THIS was ABOUT REJECTING THE LORD
and PERSECUTION . Lambs wont be loved either . This all inclusive dung fest so many have fallen in love with
WILL SOON result in the largest persecution against the true NON CONFORMING to its false love , THE WORLD has ever seen .
For those sold out , COURSE they wont be persecuted , but they will cheer when true bible believers like me are rounded up
WE BETTER ALL LEARN JESUS and that means READ THEM BIBLES . Be encouraged my friend . But what is and what is coming
IS MASSIVE PERSECUTION WORLDWIDE as ONE against the non conforming lambs in the days ahead .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Scripture does not give us the details of Enoch's suffering but it does tell us that anyone who lives for God will/has suffer(ed) persecution."

2 Timothy 3:12 - "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,"
Exactly . And ENOCH LIVED FOR GOD , so he must have had SOME persecutions against him . HE LIVED FOR GOD
and the world hates those who do so . SOON we will see and face the largest world wide persecution against the lambs
that has ever been or will be again . And its been rough throughout times of history . BUT we are now entering
the climax , climatic end of it all . THIS WORLD aint gonna love us david . AS YOU ALREADY WELL KNOW .
Even christedom that has united under the all inclusive we are one , are gonna BETRAY US .
ITS COMING DAVID . ITS BUILDING UP like a steam pot ready to blow . OH Butwe GOT THE LORD .
So we will not fear what man can to do us . whether we live or die we are HIS and thus MARCH ON in the trenches
no matter the cost my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the church is caught up before and not after the tribulation.
according to whom , men or GOD . My advice is
fear not what is nor what is coming against us . be prepared in Christ to suffer great things for the KINGDOM .
The coming of the LORD does draw nigh . that too is a fact .
But so long as we are in this world , EXPECT TRIBULATION . ITS already beginning and will get worse .
Fear not man , love not mother , father , children , granchildren more than HIM .
Be prepared to be betrayed by even your own family . IF we stay faithful to GOD
EVEN OUR OWN family memebers ARE GONNA deliver us over . ALL , not in the lambs book of life
are heading under a very strong delusion as we speak . And on that path of false love and unity
they will soon be convinced that the only way to ensure peace n safety is , RID THE EARTH of the non comformers .
I fear them not . Dont lose heart , fear not , be strong in the LORD and quit ye like men .
ITS COMING and even now is beginning to increase .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All inclusive . your cool with everyones belief . That makes no sense at all .
Do you think i would tell a buddist i am cool with his beliefs .
DO you think JESUS would tell a christain in error , OH I am COOL with your beliefs , LETS JUST GET ALONG and FIND COMMON ground .
PROOF you have long entertained such men . GO back to THE BIBLE my friend . Read it fresh and new as a child .
And DONT read it through the lens of other men . Read it for YOU .

You’re on an online forum where not everyone even lines up with all the things you may believe. Therefore God will judge, the heart of individuals.

Therefore for me, I’ll speak what I believe to be true, but I do not desire people to follow me. They should follow after the Lord Jesus. And they should also be encouraged to grow in learning about the Lord and getting familiar with his story and what he had taught and said among his disciples and also the nation of Israel, even passing by speaking to some in gentile countries.

People have issues with me saying and believing in the victory of Christ, even believing in the return already, and also get on to me because sometimes of the inability to answer people’s questions adequately in which they are pleased.

Even so it’s not for me to condemn others. It’s up to me to share information regarding the Lord Jesus, and even go as far as reaching out and teaching the Bible too, but that doesn’t mean sermons. It means to go through the Bible learning the overall narrative and audience by checking out a book and then going through Chapter and verse.

That is important, and to consider things as they are going through for them then, and also you will learn how to start living as Christ did the more one abides in him by having fellowship.

The ones who learn from him, also will have help by the spirit of Christ within them to be able to instead react not by the flesh, but by the spirit within.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
according to whom , men or GOD . My advice is
fear not what is nor what is coming against us . be prepared in Christ to suffer great things for the KINGDOM .
The coming of the LORD does draw nigh . that too is a fact .
But so long as we are in this world , EXPECT TRIBULATION . ITS already beginning and will get worse .
Fear not man , love not mother , father , children , granchildren more than HIM .
Be prepared to be betrayed by even your own family . IF we stay faithful to GOD
EVEN OUR OWN family memebers ARE GONNA deliver us over . ALL , not in the lambs book of life
are heading under a very strong delusion as we speak . And on that path of false love and unity
they will soon be convinced that the only way to ensure peace n safety is , RID THE EARTH of the non comformers .
I fear them not . Dont lose heart , fear not , be strong in the LORD and quit ye like men .
ITS COMING and even now is beginning to increase .
It is according to God! Paul in thess, comforted us by telling us we are not appointed to wrath, but to obtain deliverance Wrath is never used of hell

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK - now if you can bring forth the Scripture that states exactly your claim

otherwise you could be in danger of lying against God's words
  1. 1 Thessalonians 1:10
    And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrathto come.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. 1 Thessalonians 2:16
    Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrathis come upon them to the uttermost.
  3. 1 Thessalonians 5:9
    For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

The wrath always refers to the tribulation. and salvation is many times translated as delivered.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You’re on an online forum where not everyone even lines up with all the things you may believe. Therefore God will judge, the heart of individuals.

Therefore for me, I’ll speak what I believe to be true, but I do not desire people to follow me. They should follow after the Lord Jesus. And they should also be encouraged to grow in learning about the Lord and getting familiar with his story and what he had taught and said among his disciples and also the nation of Israel, even passing by speaking to some in gentile countries.

People have issues with me saying and believing in the victory of Christ, even believing in the return already, and also get on to me because sometimes of the inability to answer people’s questions adequately in which they are pleased.

Even so it’s not for me to condemn others. It’s up to me to share information regarding the Lord Jesus, and even go as far as reaching out and teaching the Bible too, but that doesn’t mean sermons. It means to go through the Bible learning the overall narrative and audience by checking out a book and then going through Chapter and verse.

That is important, and to consider things as they are going through for them then, and also you will learn how to start living as Christ did the more one abides in him by having fellowship.

The ones who learn from him, also will have help by the spirit of Christ within them to be able to instead react not by the flesh, but by the spirit within.

Most everyone on here is for you @MatthewG = we love you in Christ, and God loves you.

We rejoice with you in the 'Victory in Christ' which is His sinless Life, His Death on the Cross for our sins and His Resurrection.

We all enjoy speaking on various viewpoints on scripture.

The Second Coming of Christ and the Resurrection of the dead in Him is PARAMOUNT to the TRUTH of Scripture.

Speaking directly against this is what JESUS and the Apostles called false prophets and false teachers.

JESUS does not want you to be lead astray in falsehood and neither do we.

There is Protection when we submit unto God and Love His word:
Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. - Proverbs 30:5

There is danger when we do not:
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar. -
Proverbs 30:6

Here is WISDOM for you @MatthewG

Two things I ask of You—
do not refuse me before I die:
Keep falsehood and deceitful words far from me.
Give me neither poverty nor riches;
feed me with the bread that is my portion.
Proverbs 30:7-8

@MatthewG = Matthew 4:4 =Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone,
but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. 1 Thessalonians 1:10
    And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrathto come.
  2. 1 Thessalonians 2:16
    Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrathis come upon them to the uttermost.
  3. 1 Thessalonians 5:9
    For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

The wrath always refers to the tribulation. and salvation is many times translated as delivered.
FALSEHOOD = "The wrath always refers to the tribulation"

God's wrath is not upon the Saints but tribulation is.

Are you calling the LORD Jesus Christ a liar?

JESUS says: "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33

JESUS says: "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake."

Are you calling the Apostles liars? Romans 5:1-5

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character;
and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” - Acts 14:21-22

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool thanks for the encouragement man, everyone will see the Lord Jesus I believe in faith when they die. Only one life to live, best to live and live having peace with God and peace with others. The spiritual principles matter and be encouraged to start some of your own threads out there teaching others by sharing information that could edify and uplift one another.

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool thanks for the encouragement man, everyone will see the Lord Jesus I believe in faith when they die. Only one life to live, best to live and live having peace with God and peace with others. The spiritual principles matter and be encouraged to start some of your own threads out there teaching others by sharing information that could edify and uplift one another.
Good Morning,

i was giving God thanks for you and lifting you up in prayer last night.

The Holy Spirit brought this scripture to me this morning for you concerning His Second Coming.

Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,
not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

"Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Morning,

i was giving God thanks for you and lifting you up in prayer last night.

The Holy Spirit brought this scripture to me this morning for you concerning His Second Coming.

Beloved, I now write to you this second epistle (in both of which I stir up your pure minds by way of reminder), that you may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us, the apostles of the Lord and Savior, knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us,
not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

"Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”
Cool, David.

I respect you as a human being in Christ Jesus; and not to worried about the second coming so you can simply just suggest that to others if you are lead by the Holy Spirit. There are a whole lot of people out there that sincerely believe that Jesus will come back now, today, in this day. And I respect them, even though I disagree that he will come back today. It’s still suggested by me that everyone will see Jesus when they die after this life perhaps when judgment is cast and a resurrection spiritual body is given by God.

When it comes to being ungodly, that means defacing the value of God and also to focus on the self with greed, lust, adulterous, evil thoughts, evil intentions, demeaning others, look to have power over others, seek to control.

Thank God for Jesus who brings liberty, and freedom, and room for people to have space to breathe in which they can openly engage in subjects but when nothing will change and the other person will not consider changing their view there is no more debating or discussion, there is only mutual affection, and to allow you to believe as you do, and you should be able by the Holy Spirit to allow me to believe how I have chosen to believe over 100,000 others or more out there that believe in the coming of Christ; I respect that. I don’t downplay the legitimacy of their heart for their faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus by the Father.

Hope you understand and considered all that is here.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool, David.

I respect you as a human being in Christ Jesus; and not to worried about the second coming so you can simply just suggest that to others if you are lead by the Holy Spirit. There are a whole lot of people out there that sincerely believe that Jesus will come back now, today, in this day. And I respect them, even though I disagree that he will come back today. It’s still suggested by me that everyone will see Jesus when they die after this life perhaps when judgment is cast and a resurrection spiritual body is given by God.

When it comes to being ungodly, that means defacing the value of God and also to focus on the self with greed, lust, adulterous, evil thoughts, evil intentions, demeaning others, look to have power over others, seek to control.

Thank God for Jesus who brings liberty, and freedom, and room for people to have space to breathe in which they can openly engage in subjects but when nothing will change and the other person will not consider changing their view there is no more debating or discussion, there is only mutual affection, and to allow you to believe as you do, and you should be able by the Holy Spirit to allow me to believe how I have chosen to believe over 100,000 others or more out there that believe in the coming of Christ; I respect that. I don’t downplay the legitimacy of their heart for their faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus by the Father.

Hope you understand and considered all that is here.
God always bears witness thru His word and conveys this witness thru the Holy Spirit in us who know and love Him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FALSEHOOD = "The wrath always refers to the tribulation"

God's wrath is not upon the Saints but tribulation is.

Are you calling the LORD Jesus Christ a liar?
Kill the dramatics. Okay?

YOU confuse and co mingle tribulation in the world with THE tribulation which is a specific time period of horrendous judgment.
And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” - Acts 14:21-22
And once again you are confusing normal tribulation we must suffer in the word with what people commonly call the Great Tribulation, which is a unique time period in teh word and is not directed at believers- for we shall be gone.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kill the dramatics. Okay?

YOU confuse and co mingle tribulation in the world with THE tribulation which is a specific time period of horrendous judgment.

And once again you are confusing normal tribulation we must suffer in the word with what people commonly call the Great Tribulation, which is a unique time period in teh word and is not directed at believers- for we shall be gone.
Quit the playing around already - you either believe God's words or you make excuses and compromise them.

While Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?”

Jesus answered, “See to it that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. These things must happen, but the end is still to come.
Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of birth pains.

Then they will deliver you over to be persecuted and killed, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.
At that time many will fall away and will betray and hate one another, and many false prophets will arise and mislead many.

Because of the multiplication of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold. But the one who perseveres to the end will be saved.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination of desolation,’ described by the prophet Daniel (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let no one on the housetop come down to retrieve anything from his house. And let no one in the field return for his cloak.

How miserable those days will be for pregnant and nursing mothers! Pray that your flight will not occur in the winter or on the Sabbath. For at that time there will be great tribulation, unmatched from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again. If those days had not been cut short, nobody would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days will be cut short.

At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is!’ do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible. See, I have told you in advance.

So if they tell you, ‘There He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it.
For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather.

Immediately after the tribulation of those days:
‘The sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.’

At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.
And He will send out His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

• Love

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God always bears witness thru His word and conveys this witness thru the Holy Spirit in us who know and love Him.
Jesus gave a dire warning concerning those folks who DELAYED HIS COMING . A DIRE warning .
This is far more serious than folks realize . And when one says HE AINT COMING back
JESUS IS COMING back and to say otherwise is blasphemous . This is very serious and i am truly in dire fear
for this man .

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no sense in arguing with others who disagree. All you are able to do is pass information along, and people must test it by challenging, even questioning your own beliefs that one has been taught, with the use of the Bible itself.

I can be wrong, in my beliefs but people should test all things and what is said and hold on to what is good.