What Is "Predestination"? How Does It Shape Your Daily Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm seriously considering leaving this forum.

I was asked by a brother in the faith to come help someone since I'm a former Muslim but that's completed and honestly, the bashing of Christians is just crazy here and it's bothering me.

So I'm thinking of going back now... Just doing my thing again.
Sorry if I contributed to that at all--I prefer to just not waste my time, and I put people on ignore (I don't even want to see the empty bickering), to just end conversation (if needed), not to have "back and forth".

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry if I contributed to that at all--I prefer to just not waste my time, and I put people on ignore (I don't even want to see the empty bickering), to just end conversation, not to have "back and forth".

No no no...

It's other stuff... Not you.

I just feel like if I am going to have to defend the faith why against Christians??

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hazelelponi I should never have gotten off on tangents--the thread has completely lost its way. LOL
Discussions evolve.
Some think if they levy enough dark attacks against members who know this, the result shall be a return to a mono track.
Instead,that behavior just adds to the evolving discourse as what it means to be in Christ.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No no no...

It's other stuff... Not you.

I just feel like if I am going to have to defend the faith why against Christians??
Well, I'm not telling you not to go, if that what you think is best, but there is a section for general discussion, and it may be more what you're looking for. This is the Bible Study section, and you'll get different views. But you can set users to "ignore" by clicking on their avatar, then clicking "ignore" when the floating menu pops up.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was asked by a brother in the faith to come help someone since I'm a former Muslim but that's completed and honestly, the bashing of Christians is just crazy here and it's bothering me.

I have in the past taken a couple of weeks off to think about whether I wanted to continue. And I've also given some serious thought to why exactly am I here?

I'm so saddened over those who have left, or who barely post any longer, who showed so much grace, demonstrating the love of Christ even disagreeing over this or that. There are many members here who do not show such grace.

Much love!

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Sister, half my family background is muslim from my fathers side. At the age of 74, my father got baptized telling the world he follows Christ. But that wasn't the day he started following Christ, it was years before. You bring a background of life and wisdom, that only you can through our wonderful, loving God. God speaks through you here. We all don't have 100% of the answers, but we represent the beauty of God, our Father, and his Son, through our lives. Don't let the enemy defeat you, and feel this place is a lost cause. At the time of this reply, 16 registered members are browsing the forum. There are 70 guests, who aren't registered. How many of them is God speaking to, through you're words? May God continue to show his love and wisdom to you sister.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Discussions evolve.
Some think if they levy enough dark attacks against members who know this, the result shall be a return to a mono track.
Instead,that behavior just adds to the evolving discourse as what it means to be in Christ.
I noticed that as soon as I got off on too many tangents/too much of a tangent, everything went haywire. LOL
I won't do that in the future.
I prefer to discuss the topic I post about.
People who insist on being off topic, even after being asked to stay on topic, I generally "ignore".

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm not telling you not to go, if that what you think is best, but there is a section for general discussion, and it may be more what you're looking for. This is the Bible Study section, and you'll get different views. But you can set users to "ignore" by clicking on their avatar, then clicking "ignore" when the floating menu pops up.
They bash Christians. That's judgemental hypocrisy.
They are a pot calling the kettle black.

I wish them God's speed. That ignore button sends them on their way far sooner.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sister, half my family background is muslim from my fathers side. At the age of 74, my father got baptized telling the world he follows Christ. But that wasn't the day he started following Christ, it was years before. You bring a background of life and wisdom, that only you can through our wonderful, loving God. God speaks through you here. We all don't have 100% of the answers, but we represent the beauty of God, our Father, and his Son, through our lives. Don't let the enemy defeat you, and feel this place is a lost cause. At the time of this reply, 16 registered members are browsing the forum. There are 70 guests, who aren't registered. How many of them is God speaking to, through you're words? May God continue to show his love and wisdom to you sister.

Thank you... Your words made me cry.

But you know how broken I am from this life. If it weren't for God and my husband I'd be humpty dumpty shattered in a million pieces, and physically I am anyway.

In the regular life I am whole and good and even more but with too much of this I start feeling shattered again sometimes.

I know I think I'm not supposed to stop, but I have to find a way that I can continue, because this is so hard sometimes.

And I do know where to go for that. Pray for me to have all the strength God desires me to have for whatever He decides.

At any rate... God's blessings upon you and your whole family.. may every last one come to know Christ as we do...

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe they haven't attacked you yet. Which is a good thing.

I didn't attack anyone.

I posted a teaching by a Christian Pastor that you didn't like in the transgender thread.

You then turned and provided links to why I shouldn't listen to pastor Bauchams teachings because he's some kind of Calvinist...

So I corrected the record, again, on what particular Baptists believe, handy link to the confession.

That's not bashing Christians...

But it is utterly amazing that a 5 minute was it? Causes you to think you should go bashing Christians, because they believe the Bible.

Good day.

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't attack anyone.

I posted a teaching by a Christian Pastor that you didn't like in the transgender thread.

You then turned and provided links to why I shouldn't listen to pastor Bauchams teachings because he's some kind of Calvinist...

So I corrected the record, again, on what particular Baptists believe, handy link to the confession.

That's not bashing Christians...

Good day.
I disagree with Monergism, BUT I don't henpeck Monergists. The vast majority of the Monergists I've interacted with have seemed to know God. I don't think we need perfect doctrine to know God; we know God bc of His mercy (Jer 31:34).

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with Monergism, BUT I don't henpeck Monergists. The vast majority of the Monergists I've interacted with have seemed to know God. I don't think we need perfect doctrine to know God; we know God bc of His mercy (Jer 31:34).

I really don't understand it. All I have to do is say TULIP and they get so worked up in a frenzy your pretty sure the pitchforks are next.

I mean, it's pretty traditional Christianity. It's one of the earlier Protestant denominations..

But on this forum they like, chase you over it.

You can talk about something as Christian-neutral as homosexuality and transgender, but post it by a reformed Baptist and boom.. they go off.

I've never seen this on a forum before, ever... Usually there's some basics everyone can agree on but not here. They were in the Trump political thread after me too .. same thing.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clarification : by "I don't henpeck", I don't mean I never disagree with them if I intentionally post a topic where I know I'm going to disagree with them (that's just discussion), I mean I don't go out of my way to disagree with them, or say "you're not saved", like I'm "patrolling" for "heretics" or something.

• Love
Reactions: Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clarification : by "I don't henpeck", I don't mean I never disagree with them if I intentionally post a topic where I know I'm going to disagree with them (that's just discussion), I mean I don't go out of my way to disagree with them, or say "you're not saved", like I'm "patrolling" for "heretics" or something.

Yeah that's what I understood.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I have to do is say Tulip...
The thing is: if you want to try to disprove TULIP, you can do that with facts, assuming the listener is open to facts (sometimes that's not the case--if you find that's not the case, you can always just end conversation), but, yeah, things don't need to get crazy.

Hazelelponi

Jan 12, 2024
Raven
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing is: if you want to disprove TULIP, you can do that with facts, assuming the listener is open to facts (sometimes that's not the case--if you find that's not the case, you can always just end conversation), but, yeah, things don't need to get crazy.

Well maybe someday we can do the TULIP merry go round... Hahaha

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well maybe someday we can do the TULIP merry go round... Hahaha
Lol I do discuss aspects of Scripture that I think collide with Monergism, bc it's good "exercise"--I get to hear the arguments from the other side, respond, and subject my view of Scripture to scrutiny (who better to bring out the weak points in my arguments, and help me improve?).

• Haha
Reactions: Hazelelponi