• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What it is, is a substitution of SELF EFFORT, in Place of God's Grace, by claiming that Grace, when taught correctly, is "license to sin".
So, the Devil's preachers prevent believers from understanding GRACE and the "Gift of Salvation" correctly by teaching very strongly that Grace, when taught truthfully, is "license to Sin".
I certainly do not teach that.

I would teach that grace, when taught incorrectly, is "a license for immorality" (Jude 1:3-4 (niv)).

In other words, people who teach grace as a license for sin are false teachers.

By teaching that people can sin all they want if they are under grace, they lead people blindly into the captivity of satan and people who are deceived by such a doctrine are headed straight for hell.

As for self-effort, I don't believe that walking not after the flesh but after the Spirit (Romans 8:4) can be identified as "self-effort".

Reactions: tsr

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, by your estimation, God's goodness is imputed righteousness only; and has nothing to do with anything practical.

Thats correct.

God's goodness has nothing to do with you doing anything.
Salvation is something we Receive, its not something that we earn, or do, or keep.
Salvation is Eternal Life, and Imputed Righteousness.
Grace is all of God, given as a Gift.

Your false teaching, (that you save yourself after your are saved, because its "practical"), is simply a blaspheming denial that God Righteousness, given as THE Gift is Salvation,= is something you do.
Justbyfaith, The Cross is not "Practical". Its Drastic.
See that Blood? See Christ choking and trying to breath while pushing all his body weight up again from those nails to grab one more breath?
See that Suffering??? There is your "practical".... Mr Legalist.
See, if you did that on the Cross then take credit some more for your self saving "practical" theology......however thats not "God's Goodness", its your legalistic self effort glowing again on the Forum, or as you define it : as" "practical

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I certainly do not teach that.

I would teach that grace, when taught incorrectly, is "a license for immorality" (Jude 1:3-4 (niv)).

Jude didn't teach that..
He taught that people like you teach that GRACE, when taught correctly, is a "license for immorality".

See that switch?
You did it again, just as Jude defined you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats correct.

God's goodness has nothing to do with you doing anything.

1Jo 3:7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Rom 5:19, For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Mat 5:6, Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Salvation is something we Receive, its not something that we earn, or do, or keep.

Right. Does not mean that it does not have practical aspects.

Tit 3:3, For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Tit 3:4, But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
Tit 3:5, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Though it is something that we keep.

1Jo 5:18, We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1Pe 1:5, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Your false teaching, (that you save yourself after your are saved, because its "practical"), is simply a blaspheming denial that God Righteousness, given as THE Gift is Salvation, and nothing you do.
Justbyfaith, The Cross is not "Practical". Its Drastic.
See that Blood? See Christ choking and trying to breath while pushing all his body weight up again from those nails to grab one more breath? See that Suffering??? There is your "practical".... Mr Legalist.
See, if you did that on the Cross then take credit some more for your self saving "practical" theology......however thats not "God's Goodness", its your legalistic self effort glowing again on the Forum, or as you define it as" "practical

We receive the Holy Spirit through faith in Jesus (Galatians 3:14); for He released His Spirit to the Father when He died on the Cross (Luke 23:46).

Through the Holy Spirit the love of the Lord is shed abroad in our hearts (Romans 5:5). This love is practical (1 John 3:17-18).

If we will walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, the righteousness of the law will be fulfilled in us (Romans 8:4, Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6; Romans 5:5).

I am not saying that we are saved by the practicality of our righteousness that comes after we are born again.

I am saying that if you have a conscience that often afflicts you (see Romans 7:24-25), you can have freedom (John 8:31-36) and victory (1 Corinthians 15:57) over the sin that so easily besets you so that you end up having an afflicted conscience.

The motivation for walking in a practical righteousness has nothing to do with your salvation (except in that you would desire to walk in righteousness because you are born again); and everything to do with the discipline and chastening of the Lord (see Hebrews 12:5-11).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jude didn't teach that..
He taught that people like you teach that GRACE, when taught correctly, is a "license for immorality".

See that switch?
You did it again, just as Jude defined you.
I do not teach that grace, when taught correctly, is a license for immorality.

I teach that grace, taught incorrectly, is a license for immorality.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Right...we are made righteous by faith...

We are not made righteous by faith.
That is your Theology, and its false.

God's Theology, is.....You are made Righteous by GOD.....through the Blood of Jesus.

Faith, is not the Savior.
Jesus is the Savior.

God accepts faith to SAVE YOU.

Try to understand that, if you possibly can.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Romans 1:17.

To "live by Faith", is not to be saved by faith, but its to "walk by faith and not by sight".

Its how we exist as: "lean not unto your own understanding".

Faith does not save you.
God saves you through your faith, ONE TIME, = Born again.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To "live by Faith", is not to be saved by faith, but its to "walk by faith and not by sight".

Its how we exist as: "lean not unto your own understanding".

Faith does not save you.
God saves you through your faith, ONE TIME, = Born again.
We are made righteous by faith from start to finish, and everything in between (Romans 1:17).

And the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
We are made righteous by faith from start to finish, and everything in between (Romans 1:17).
And the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

Yes.
The born again are the Righteous.
The Christ Rejectors, never been born again, are the Unrighteous. John 3:36

Now take it all the way...

All the way here......>"we are made righteous from Start to Finish".......and we have no part in that.
Our PART, is to give God our FAITH, one time, sincerely, and He takes it, and does the rest.
= "the Gift of Salvation"> = Born again.

Why, is it all of God and none of you?
Because the blood of Jesus that saved you, is what keeps you saved.

Are you the blood of Jesus? No ? Then stop trying to keep yourself saved and put your TRUST in Jesus.

ONCE you are saved by the blood of Jesus, you are ALWAYS KEPT SAVED by the blood of Jesus.

This is...>>"once born again, always born again".

Its Philippians 1:6.

Its "Eternal Life".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will say that if our faith apprehends the sealing of the Holy Spirit, we will have an everlasting faith.

If someone ceases to have faith, they are no longer saved.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Romans 5:1-2.

We are saved by grace through faith; we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand.

Therefore if we cease to have faith, we cease to be recipients of grace; and we are no longer saved.

Now, did I just deny the doctrine of eternal security (that the blood of Jesus, which saves us, keeps us saved)?

Allow me to elaborate.

If someone has a nominal, lukewarm, or shallow faith, they can fall away (Luke 8:12-13); and if they fall away, they no longer have salvation.

If someone has a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring to the end (Matthew 10:22, Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14), then their faith is unto everlasting life (John 6:47)...life that can never come to an end...otherwise it would have been defined as temporal.

And therefore the exhortation is this:

Phl 2:12, Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

which means,

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

It should also be clear that if anyone ceases to walk in Christ's goodness, the same will be cut off:

Rom 11:20, Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21, For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22, Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I will say that if our faith apprehends the sealing of the Holy Spirit, we will have an everlasting faith.

If someone ceases to have faith, they are no longer saved.
:

Faith does not save you.
What happens is.....You give God your faith, when you REPENT from your unbelief.
Your faith is "accepted as Righteousness", and you are born again.
If this has not yet happened to you, then that would explain why you think you are to keep yourself saved by worrying about faith.
If this has happened to you, then you are many years on Forums teaching the Gospels of works, and that is the Devil's gospel.
You should stop.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have repented of unbelief (truly) then you are no longer walking in the direction of unbelief.

And therefore you will not be going back towards unbelief.

So, you would have an everlasting faith and therefore everlasting life.

See Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:1-2.

If someone ceases to have faith, they cease to have access to grace; and since we are saved by grace, ceasing from faith would mean losing one's salvation since faith apprehends grace which apprehends salvation.

But you don't have to worry about that if you have been sealed with the Holy Spirit.

Therefore the exhortation is as follows.

Phl 2:12, Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

which means,

2Pe 1:10, Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen carefully.

doing righteousness, does not make you righteous.
What makes you righteous, is being born again.
Why is this new birth better than the Life given to Adam and Eve in the beginning? Is God a respecter of persons?