• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6:44 KJV - "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Christ is saying that it is impossible that those whom He purchased, His Death will not be of waste. He will not lose one of us. Not one. :) Whew!
There is a certain type of soil (Luke 8:13) where the person has saving faith (see verse 12) and falls away in a time of temptation.

So the door that they exit by is through committing some kind of deliberate sin in rebellion against the Lord....as we have been discussing in Hebrews 10:26-31

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Falling from grace might entail going out the same door that they came in...forsaking grace by leaving the mansion that is grace (because the door is Jesus and the key to the door is faith).

Then the passage I used cannot be True, which is below:

John 6:44 KJV - "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."

My Jesus has the Power, spoken of Him long, long ago, that He would place new hearts and a new Spirit within His Children. My Jesus puts a new mindset into people, an exchange of the Mind of Satan for the Mind of Christ, and anyone with the Mind of Christ would never, not even consider, turning around and walking through the door whereupon one side is the most unbelievable Peace and Love imaginable, and exchange it for the crap that is in this world . . . the crap that [is] this evil, hate-filled, physical world. No True Child of God, who is Controlled by the Spirit, would be so unbridled so as to turn around and choose Evil all over again. Impossible. God is not so weak that He does not Control us when the Bible clearly states that He does . . . over and over and over again.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might be surprised how someone with the mind of Christ might, in a moment of increased stress, fall into sin, giving into temptation when they truly had the mind of Christ previous to that...and had been delivered from a lifestyle of sinning.

This happened to me; and for many years I also felt that I had lost my salvation and could never, ever regain it (because of such passages as Hebrews 6:1-8 and Hebrews 10:26-31).

But the Lord ministered to me with such verses as Psalms 31:22, Job 14:7-11, Acts of the Apostles 27:20-22, Acts of the Apostles 20:6-12, Psalms 23:3, Luke 1:37, and a few others; showing me that all was not lost and that I could return to Him as a prodigal son.

But the fact of the matter is I had been set free from lust entirely for a full year when that moment of stress came and I fell back into it right before I was scheduled to give a message to a group of people. I then went in front of that group and told them that I had fallen away and could never return to the Lord.

Previous to that I had told the Lord that I was willing to be an example of someone who had fallen away because I felt that Calvinism (specifically OSAS) was a dangerous doctrine.

So I did backslide for many years, thinking that I had fallen away and could not return to the Lord.

But gradually, as I attended Calvary Chapel, the Lord showed me His grace and opened my heart to the understanding that I could return to Him and even have real repentance once again.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
New Testament "Meat"" is : Deeper Theology.

Paul told a immature group of somewhat carnal believers that he had to keep giving them "milk" because they could not deal with "Meat".

"Meat" : in the NT context regarding Satan, is...>"Doctrines of Devils". Which is also Theology, or Religious ideology,... Cult Theology.
This is all "dark light", the opposite of God's Light.

Here we go...

IN the NT....You have "milk", and you have "meat"...as these are 2 central ideas regarding >Spiritual Light<.

When you obey God and "study to show yourself approved "...You are not just reading the bible... You are encountering the light of Revelation, as Jesus who is in you, who is Himself the Light, reveals it to your born again Spirit, (Spirit man).

If you are born again for a month, you are to get all the "milk of the word" you can...the basics, the spiritual and theological and doctrinal fundamentals, from PAUL's Epistles.
Be sure of that.

As you get them, as you study..... God sees this effort, and gives you more ability to understand them more deeply, and that is "revelation".

If you study the NT a lot, then you have encountered this verse....>"and Jesus opened the scriptures to them". Luke 24:45.
That is God who is Jesus THE Word, revealing His own word.

LIGHT<> is truth, meat, milk.....wisdom.......its all that are the Spiritual Things, related to the Kingdom of God.
The Bible is Spiritual Light.
So, to get the "Light of revelation", is to have this Light revealed in you, as your spiritual eyes of understanding being = OPENED.
"and Jesus Opened the verses"..
He does this now, inside you, because He is in you (if you are born again, and not just water baptized)......"Christ IN YOU< the hope of Glory".
But you have to Study, or you have to listen to a anointed Teacher, who can reveal Light to you.

= Paul says to build your theology and your spirituality on GRACE, not on "Meat".
And "meat"... is referring to doctrines, and man's teaching, commentaries, and so forth.
See, you only dig into that, AFTER you are filled with the Light of the Revelation of God's Grace. Hebrews 13:9
And if you don't, you will be deceived, as Satan has more deceivers doing the devil's work, then God has Teachers, and Preachers, doing God's work.
Believe it.
You can Believe that about 100% of what is achieved in the Kingdom of God, that manifests as "God's work" on earth, is done by about 2% of the Christians.
The other 90% go to Church, then go to lunch, then go back to sleep in the Light.
The other's just stay asleep or build more fake churches across the Globe.
2% is a mighty number when God is in it.

Now here is a big problem....
The majority of people on a forum or in Church, who are confused, became so because their bible is their COMMENTARIES.
They are lost in them, and are deceived by them.
That is MEAT, and you can't go there until you are grounded in God's Grace, and filled with the full understanding of God's Grace, = as who you are, "in Christ".
If you haven't, then you can't discern the commentaries correctly.
Thats a fact.

Listen...
Commentaries are "Meat"., and we are not to build our faith and our theology on these......we are to do what Hebrews 13:9 says, instead.
We are to build our theology, our faith, and our spiritually, by being FUNDAMENTALLY GROUNDED, in GOD's GRACE, as our deepest deepest Theology and Belief system.
Salvation is "Grace THrough Faith", and Right Believing is : Faith AS Grace.
The correct understanding of Grace....is = "MADE RIGHTEOUS".
Its that, Saint.
Understanding Hebrews 13:9, means to come into the full understanding of God's Grace as:

= God has made you as Righteous as He is, and you are kept so forever, by the Blood Atonement, which is The Blood of Jesus....that is God's Blood.
This is "the Gift of Righteousness", .. this is "made Righteous"...this is : Salvation.

God has MADE YOU AS RIGHTEOUS, As He is, ....and you are kept so forever, by the Blood Atonement...The Blood of Jesus, that is God's Blood.

Saint, there is Power in the Blood of Jesus that exists as :

1.) redemption
2.) righteousness
3.) sanctification
4.) justification
5.) and eternal LIFE.

That's GOD's Grace. That is your "gift of SALVATiON" and your "gift of Righteousness".
And until a born again believer SEEs GOD's GRACE CORRECTLY, they are not going to rest in it, and that is why they believe they can lose their Salvation, and that is why they continue to sin and confess and live this way, and can't stop.
Why such a long and verbose post? Hebrews tells us exactly what is elementary milk knowledge and what is meat....

Hebrews 5:8-14 , Hebrews 6:1-2
8Son though he was, he learned obedience from what he suffered 9and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him 10and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek.

11We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. 12In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word (vs.8-10) all over again. You need milk, not solid food! 13Anyone who lives on milk (vs.8-10), being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. 14But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

1Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, a and of faith in God, 2instruction about cleansing rites, b the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.

Milk - the elementary truths of God's word - Christ's ministry, repentance, faith in God, cleansing rites, laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, eternal judgment. IOW, the basic facts of the Christian faith.

Meat - "the teaching about righteousness...distinguish(ing) good from evil" (vs.13-14). IOW, the teachings of how to actually LIVE the Christians faith, as opposed to just knowing the hard facts about the Christian faith.

Most Christians major in milk knowledge, the facts, of the Christian faith. And they think that their understanding and learning in these areas shows them to be a mature believer. They do not know that the maturing believer moves away from the milk and consumes the meat of the word, the constant use of which teaches them to actually live in holiness and righteousness. When you do that you show that you are a growing believer eating the meat of the word, growing up into the image and stature of Christ, and not just still a baby drinking the milk of the word.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians major in milk knowledge, the facts, of the Christian faith. And they think that their understanding and learning in these areas shows them to be a mature believer.

I was one of those knuckleheads. I thought I knew and understood so much of the Bible (but hadn't even read the Old Testament), even calling myself a sort of "Master" of certain doctrines. Pathetic. What's more pathetic, is that no one ever challenged my beliefs . . . and that's because no one else knew, or understood, much more than me. It wasn't until I was Powerfully awakened by the Spirit that I realized that I had better start taking the Word of God seriously. So that's what I did . . . I made my commitment to the Lord the most important aspect of my life over the last near five years and can honestly say . . . I didn't know nuthin!

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was one of those knuckleheads. I thought I knew and understood so much of the Bible (but hadn't even read the Old Testament), even calling myself a sort of "Master" of certain doctrines. Pathetic. What's more pathetic, is that no one ever challenged my beliefs . . . and that's because no one else knew, or understood, much more than me. It wasn't until I was Powerfully awakened by the Spirit that I realized that I had better start taking the Word of God seriously. So that's what I did . . . I made my commitment to the Lord the most important aspect of my life over the last near five years and can honestly say . . . I didn't know nuthin!
Same thing happened to me. I realized it's not about the accuracy of your doctrines that counts. What matters is how you live....

17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18For whoever serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men. Romans 14:17-18

Instead of taking comfort in having superior doctrinal knowledge, as if that's what it means to seek after and please God, we are to live in the righteousness, peace and joy of the Holy Spirit. Whoever does that, he is the one who is pleasing to God, and who men approve of.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realized it's not about the accuracy of your doctrines that counts.

Oh man, if I was right about any particular doctrine . . . well . . . I was just lucky. I didn't have a clue as to the Purpose of the Bible nor the Plan of the Bible. And like you said, it wasn't until I was awakened by our Powerful God that I began to live rightly. And thank God for His forcing me to change. If we haven't made a change in our thinking and living . . . we're still asleep. And we never know that we're asleep until the day we can honestly say, "I have been awakened by God's Spirit."

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I don't see the Bible saying these things, but I've been wrong before. :)

Have you read a New Testament?
Do you own one?
If so, read Galatians... In in Paul defines the person who has become "bewitched" (KJV) and "fallen from Grace".
Also, read JUDE, as Jude was also dealing with a lot of (self saving) Legalists, and talked about them.. This is were the "error of Cain" teaching comes from...it comes come from JUDE.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes indeed. In fact, I read the entire Bible twice per year and am working on a Commentary that places emphasis on the Doctrine of Circumcised Hearts.

Yet you stated you have no idea about what Galatians teaches, that i listed.
So, thats odd.

I think your issue, is that you are reading the bible, vs, studying it...as you explained to us.
God told you to study it, and that is not the same as reading.
See, we read a fiction novel, but we Study The word, to show ourselves approved, to God.

So, stop reading the bible from cover to cover, and instead, do this.

First, go and study and find out what is...... Pauline Theology, and then find out why your church does not hold this it as their denominational foundation.

And how do I know they dont?
Because ive listened to you, and you are their disciple, and you are not affiliated spiritually or theologically with Pauline Theology.

Next, go here, asap.

1. Hebrews 13:9

2. Romans 3:21-28

Then : Colossians, Ephesians, Galatians, Phllipians, Romans, 1-2 Timothy and Titus.

Do that for a YEAR.
Just those.
Read nothing else. No commentaries, and nothing else in the Bible except Psalms and Proverbs.
Do that, and you will become a completely different disciple.
One that is correctly instructed.
And, read my Threads, as all my Threads come from Paul's Epistles, nearly 100%.

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, thats odd.

I think your issue, is that you are reading the bible, vs, studying it...as you explained to us.
See, we read a fiction novel, but we Study The word, to show ourselves approved, to God.

First, go and study and find out what is...... Pauline Theology, and then find out why your church does not hold this it as their denominational foundation.

Because ive listened to you, and you are their disciple, and you are not affiliated spiritually or theologically with Pauline Theology.

Next, go here, asap.

Then : Colossians, Ephesians, Galatians, Phllipians, Romans, 1-2 Timothy and Titus.

Do that for a YEAR.
Just those.
Read nothing else. No commentaries, and nothing else in the Bible except Psalms and Proverbs.

Thanks for the heads-up!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, thats odd.

Next, go here, asap.

Do that for a YEAR.
Just those.
I would suggest reading your Bible according to the plan in the following thread:

An excellent Bible reading plan.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why post a reiteration of my Thread?
I dont mind, but, is it necessary?
Just read the Thread.
I'm not reiterating your OP. The 'food' in Hebrews 13:9 is the literal food of the altar sacrifices of the old covenant and has nothing to do with the solid food of the mature in Hebrews 5:14. And you are trying to say solid food is just more in-depth milk knowledge. But that's not what the passage says....

12Although by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to reteach you the basic principles of God’s word.c You need milk, not solid food!13For everyone who lives on milk is still an infant, inexperienced in the message of righteousness. 14But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained their senses to distinguish good from evil.

1Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works,a and of faith in God, 2instruction about baptisms,b the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. Hebrews 5:12-14 to Hebrews 6:1-2

Milk knowledge is the fundamental facts about the Christian faith. It's the essential nourishment for growing baby Christians learning about the judgment to come and the grace of God in Christ's ministry and sacrifice. Solid food, on the other hand, is the teaching about righteousness—actually living the Christian faith in a distinguishing between good and evil. That's the food of Christians who leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, growing up into the image and stature of Christ.

...you were not yet ready for solid food. In fact, you are still not ready, 3for you are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and dissension among you, are you not worldly? 1 Corinthians 3:2-3

...become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. Ephesians 4:13-15
Knowing about the judgment to come and the grace of God in Christ's ministry is not spiritual maturity. Living like him is spiritual maturity. It's the difference between knowing about him and actually knowing him...

We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. 2 The one who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. 3 But the one who loves God is known by God. 1 Corinthians 8:2

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

15 Make every effort to present yourself approved to God, an unashamed workman who accurately handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for instruction, for conviction, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17so that the man of God may be complete, fully equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
What scriptures is Paul saying to study? Why are you telling people to not do that?

Yes, we will indeed be a completely different disciple if we limit our reading to what you say to limit it to. And certainly one that is NOT correctly instructed. You can't divide up the scriptures and expect to receive the instruction, conviction, correction, and training in righteousness that "all scripture" provides and which Paul himself tells us to study.

Last edited:
Reactions: justbyfaith

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Knowing about the judgment to come and the grace of God in Christ's ministry is not spiritual maturity. Living like him is spiritual maturity. It's the difference between knowing about him and actually knowing him...

Actually thats not the case, Ferris

"Living like Christ" is not spiritual maturity, Ferris.

Let me show you..

"But Lord we have cast out devil's in thy name".

"depart from me, i never KNEW YOU".

So, ... religion, in many cases is an attempt to be a "holy person", and this is usually related to an idea of being like Jesus.

There are people who, all through History, have tried to "be like Christ'... Some of them are currently scrubbing the dirty little faces of dirty little children who live on dirty little streets in India, and similar.
And these people , gave their life to emulate, or as you stated trying to be like Jesus.
However, Ferris, they are hell bound, while they are currently trying to mimic His life and His deeds. or as you put it "live like Him".
See, they are not born again. So, you can live like Jesus and burn.
Jesus said, you "Must be born again".

Spiritual Maturity is not found in trying to be a Jesus Clone.
Spiritual Maturity is found in having His Mind that becomes this. "It is not i who live but Christ who lives in me".​

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, we will indeed be a completely different disciple if we limit our reading to what you say to limit it to. And certainly one that is NOT correctly instructed. You can't divide up the scriptures and expect to receive the instruction, conviction, correction, and training in righteousness that "all scripture" provides and which Paul himself tells us to study.

WE are to "study to show yourself approve unto God"..
But that is to be understood as where to go and how to do it.

You'll notice that most talk about reading the word, but God says to Study it.

And to answer your question, its Paul who says..>"be a follower of ME", and in another place He says to you in 1st Thess 4.... "as you have received of US, how you ought to WALK".

Now see those 2 verses? "follow me", "how you have received of US".. = how you are to WALK?

That's Paul.
He is THE Gentile to the Apostles........ not peter, not Jude, not Thomas, not the Pope.
You are in the "time of the Gentiles'.
You are to follow the Apostle to the gentiles as Christ gave him all the rules.
Paul is the rule book.
Paul is the teacher.
You follow Him as he instructed you to do, to understand perfectly how to follow CHRIST.

Now you have never been told this before, till you met me, which is obvious by how you try to explain your Theology.

So, if you want to exit in that deeper spirituality, then thats what you do.
There is no other way to find it and become it.