WHAT IS THE SIN UNTO DEATH?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
It is because it is the most common willful sin of Christians, and why sexual sins are the most warned about in the New Testament.

The context of your question was not in that general understanding.., as you could have asked any other member that question, but you only implied it of me....actually.
Im use to the deceitful who try the false "guilt by association" with me on Forums.
For a while it was..>"behold is teaching "gnosticism"......He is a Gnostic.
That one ran for a while, but finally the liars gave up.

Your question was mean spirited/religious spirit related to my first Threads that i posted here that angered you, where i said that im not a sinner, that there is no sin in Christ, and that God does not charge the born again with sin. I explained that God can't judge Christ on a Cross for the Sin of the World then charge the born again with the same sin, in eternity.
God does not "double judge" in eternity.
Then i posted in other Threads that because the law has no authority over us, it has no dominion over us, so, it can't define us as a "sinner".
The Born again are under GRACE. GRACE is our Dominion, and Grace defines us as a SAINT.
So, all this simple Pauline Theology i'm teaching, caused the usual riot among Forum Legalist, and you were shouting the Loudest for a while.
It was at that time that you implied......something like...>"well, behold, it would be terrible to find out that after all this teaching you do about not being a sinner, you are actually fornicating".

So, have no fear. I dont fornicate, as i told you then, and tell you now.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context of your question was not in that general understanding.., as you could have asked any other member that question, but you only implied it of me....actually.
Im use to the deceitful who try to "guilt by association" with me..
For a while it was..>"behold is teaching "gnostic"......
That one ran for a while, but finally the liars gave up.

Your question was mean spirited/religious spirit related to my first Threads that i posted here that angered you, where i said that im not a sinner, that there is no sin in Christ, and that God does not charge the born again with sin. I explained that God can't judge Christ on a Cross for the Sin of the World then charge the born again with the same sin, in eternity.
God does not "double judge" in eternity.
Then i posted in other Threads that because the law has no authority over us, it has no dominion over us, so, it can't define us as a "sinner".
So, all this simple Pauline Theology i'm teaching, caused the usual riot among Forum Legalist, and you were shouting the Loudest for a while.
It was at that time that you implied......something like...>"well, behold, it would be terrible to find out that after all this teaching you do about not being a sinner, you are actually fornicating".

So, have no fear. I dont fornicate, as i told you then, and tell you now.

You seem to be saying that now that we are Christians, committing sins are not called sins anymore, but acts of the flesh and don't count against us. It is the common, but erroneous teaching that our past, present and future sins are forgiven.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You seem to be saying that now that we are Christians committing sins are not called sins anymore, but acts of the flesh and don't count against us. It is the common, but erroneous teaching that our past, present and future sins are forgiven.

Erroneous Theology, is your Trademark.
Deceitful implications : is your common behavior on this forum.
Its unfortunate that a nice person like Marks has to deal with someone like you.
Really.
Its a shame.
But your type, are always around, causing chaos, spitting on Truth, pretending you have a gift and a call.

What You mean are "" works of the flesh.:"
You can only commit a sin, if you are under the law, under its dominion.
Are you a sinner?
Is that right?
A believer can commit a carnal deed, but this is not charged to you as a sin, so, read Romans 4:8, and stop calling God a liar.
Read Colossians 2:13, and stop calling Paul a liar.

If we have no sin, then we are the born again.
The born again have the "righteousness of God in Christ", and Jesus has our Sin.
You can't be ONE WITH GOD and have sin.

If you are sinning, then you are not born again.
Read 1 Jn 3, for an update.
Thats the reality.
You can commit a work of the flesh, .... a carnal deed, and Paul tells you not to use the Grace of God that has eliminated you from being a SINNER<>charged with Sin, to commit a carnal deed = "work of the flesh".

You teach typical Assembly of God, Theology, and you add just a little bit of the idea of Grace with it, to try to hide the huge error.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Erroneous Theology, is your Trademark.
Deceitful implications : is your common behavior on this forum.
Its unfortunate that a nice person like Marks has to deal with someone like you.
Really.
Its a shame.
But your type, are always around, causing chaos, spitting on Truth, pretending you have a gift and a call.

What You mean are "" works of the flesh.:"
You can only commit a sin, if you are under the law, under its dominion.
Are you a sinner?
Is that right?
A believer can commit a carnal deed, but this is not charged to you as a sin, so, read Romans 4:8, and stop calling God a liar.
Read Colossians 2:13, and stop calling Paul a liar.

If we have no sin, then we are the born again.
The born again have the "righteousness of God in Christ", and Jesus has our Sin.
You can't be ONE WITH GOD and have sin.

If you are sinning, then you are not born again.
Read 1 Jn 3, for an update.
Thats the reality.
You can commit a work of the flesh, .... a carnal deed, and Paul tells you not to use the Grace of God that has eliminated you from being a SINNER<>charged with Sin, to commit a carnal deed = "work of the flesh".

You teach typical Assembly of God, Theology, and you add just a little bit of the idea of Grace with it, to try to hide the error.

I teach Paul. Works of the flesh are sins.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! 16 Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness?

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
con·ten·tion
/kənˈten(t)SH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce

noun
plural noun: contentions
  1. 1.
    heated disagreement.

He can say whatever he likes, I will still preach the truth calmly. And I fear for @marks because he says he and @Behold are on the same page. But I see a huge difference in the two men's beliefs. At least marks doesn't believe that murder is no longer a sin because we are not under the law. But that is what Behold is preaching, saying that is what Paul says in Romans 4. Does no one have any righteous indignation against these false teachings? I do, and yet you say it is contention. Are you going to say that of Jesus when He turned over the money-changers tables in a fit of rage?

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a little bit of teaching regarding one thing you questioned about in your Thread.

I'm well aware of the unforgivable sin. And, since there is only one instance of it being mentioned by Christ..."blaspheming of the Holy Spirit"...then it only need be committed once and there is no turning back and "God's Spirit will not always "strive" with us.

"Then the LORD said, My spirit shall not abide in humanity forever, for they are flesh; their days shall be one hundred twenty years (Genesis 6:3)."

"See, unbelievers believe that if you are good enough, God will let you in to heaven.
Heretical Christians are of the same carnal belief. <--- !) 101.
And, "Heretical Christians" is kind of an oxymoron, :p One is either a Christian or one is a Heretic...

...Baby Christians, who are not mature, think that there are many sins that God is going to send you to hell for., when in fact, its just one.
1.) The sin of dying UNFORGIVEN....= The Unpardonable Sin = Christ Rejector." <--- And, what would a Christ "Rejector" look like?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
, what would a Christ "Rejector" look like
well we have good record of this in the gospels
They clean the outside but inside are dead
The devour widows houses
They see righteousness as something they obtain by their own works
They sow discord
I could go on for hours, but it's very obvious to the born again due to the fact we were these things, but now are washed are clean and only look to Christ when others are say it's not necessary to look to Him, look to me.

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He can say whatever he likes, I will still preach the truth calmly. And I fear for @marks because he says he and @Behold are on the same page. But I see a huge difference in the two men's beliefs. At least marks doesn't believe that murder is no longer a sin because we are not under the law. But that is what Behold is preaching, saying that is what Paul says in Romans 4. Does no one have any righteous indignation against these false teachings? I do, and yet you say it is contention. Are you going to say that of Jesus when He turned over the money-changers tables in a fit of rage?
I would say that teaching the unregenerate to look to themselves to maintain salvation through alleged works is murder, spiritual murder

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I once heard a very wise man explain as to how it's the natural man to assume that every one exists and thinks as they do.

To the liar they assume everyone is a liar
To the sexual deviant they assume everyone is a sexual deviant.etc,etc

This is found allot in the poorer communities and, some are so far gone from killing off their brain cells from decades of drinking, they think it's normal. Sad.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well we have good record of this in the gospels
They clean the outside but inside are dead
The devour widows houses
They see righteousness as something they obtain by their own works
They sow discord
I could go on for hours, but it's very obvious to the born again due to the fact we were these things, but now are washed are clean and only look to Christ when others are say it's not necessary to look to Him, look to me.

Yes, WOH, I do understand this but, I was asking this in reply to: Behold's:

"1.) The sin of dying UNFORGIVEN....= The Unpardonable Sin = Christ Rejector." <--- And, what would a Christ "Rejector" look like?

I was basically asking : so if the unpardonable sin (blaspheming the Holy Spirit) is the ONLY unpardonable sin (which, it is) then, all that you have listed above would be included in being a "Christ - rejector" hence, all of the sins would then be unpardonable...
...EDIT- And we know this is not true!

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, WOH, I do understand this but, I was asking this in reply to: Behold's:

"1.) The sin of dying UNFORGIVEN....= The Unpardonable Sin = Christ Rejector." <--- And, what would a Christ "Rejector" look like?

I was basically asking : so if the unpardonable sin (blaspheming the Holy Spirit) is the ONLY unpardonable sin (which, it is) then, all that you have listed above would be included in being a "Christ - rejector" hence, all of the sins would then be unpardonable...
...EDIT- And we know this is not true!
Well, Paul himself said he was a blasphemer, let me ask you this, do you believe Paul when he was yet Saul was of the opinion that the works worked of Jesus where accredited to Satan?

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 1:13 KJV
Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

Supporting scripture.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say that teaching the unregenerate to look to themselves to maintain salvation through alleged works is murder, spiritual murder

We aren't talking about the unregenerate, but the born again. "Born again" means something entirely different to me than it does to Behold. To him, if they commit murder, it isn't sin because the born again can't commit sin, because they are not under the law. If there is no law, there is no sin, though the actions are the same. It is the craziest false doctrine I've ever heard. And the most dangerous.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does he say, the body is dead because of sin?

Our body is still mortal and will die due to Adam's sin. But once dead and resurrected, it will be changed, in the twinkling of an eye to put on immortality, to match our immortal born again nature that changed when we were first baptized in the Spirit, that used to be the carnal flesh/the old man. The deed of the flesh/nature are sins. Please don't keep thinking our body has indwelt sin. It is not our sin, but Adam's sin that makes our body grow weak with age and will die. God gave everyone not more than 120 years.

Last edited:

69chapels

Jun 6, 2019
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(rephrasing the argument)

The "Human Experience", you call this "faith", or you can call this, "being born and then dying" ==== is equivalent to "Godliness and Cleanliness, nothing else really.
"Godliness - Is reproving carnality, the natural state of creation, and the natural state of man. The tendency to remove the notion of sacrifices for the greater good, that also includes sacrifices for the well being of mind and body, the removal of temptation, the removal of solicitations for whatever promise there is in entropy for the illusion of false redemptions.

"Cleanliness - The ability or your ability to maintain a sound mind and body to the degree you are able, not necessarily societies provision, or under some creed or discipline. Follows spiritual/theological/annual renewal of the mind and body, and that should be acted out with the prayer and fasting, and doing away with diverse lusts.

(Back to Topic) WHAT IS THE SIN UNTO DEATH?
(You don't necessarily have variety in culture or genetics, you have the lack of understanding reproof in unprofitability, that is another argument)

"Jesus said, don't eat my flesh or blood", that is sin unto death

(matthew 14:10-13) (John 16:32-33)

(A minority a jewish person, cannot accept the "fourth commandment", that is why most churches simply removed it from their creeds...............what they are trying to say is that minorities do not have, "intimacy in spirituality", or cannot not have that. If you are spiritual sometimes you can pick that up, but never with those genetic lines. God removed them form the book of life of revelation those tribes/genetic lines, is god true or false?)

We will speak clearly, this is not an issue of understanding, in very simple terms, this may be an issue of being conditioned into thinking a certain way, so I will say this (again), in another way:

Unclean people, ungodly people.............they prefer a certain kind or various kinds of human suffering. This can be, emotional suffering, adversity based suffering, this can be suffering of the body specifically. Or this can be just a kind of uncomfortable feeling, you get when you know someone wants to make you uncomfortable, get under your skin, and pleasure themselves in pain in general that is their answer for god. That is the limit of spirituality for many people many races.....................God has designed them do to nothing more then to pass away.

(Humanity is not necessarily entitled to a judgment. the subject with god is "suicidal pleasure", in its most extreme state, and god has an answer for that. God has expended so much energy in testimony, and there is no other judgment, you suffer at your own hands until you die, just suffer and die. Or you kill enough, for god to identify with his covenant of "noah's rainbow", god's ability in good standing with the gospel's tables over the issue of dead flesh.............do you see a rainbow around the earth or its moon?.............God doesn't perform the work of dead flesh, that is your accusation with god)

(Don't be ashamed at all, if you need to ask a minority to simply be quiet, as you voice an argument, that has nothing really to do with racism, or with jewish people specifically. They do have to die, but will they die, will god kill them off, will the son of man kill them off? will humanity kill them off? probably not, and that is not the real issue. People are saved, humanity is dead, a few souls are saved and that is god's original intention..............even today and things will be resolved soon)

(so I made this clear, you enjoyed me in your pleasure, and suicide, and then I die, and then so what, you are still not entitled to a judgement, LMAO, we will settle this problem of authority with nothing at all.............but you can still suffer, the earth is still holy, you can still die like you are more abundantly, then your lives are over in about 40 years LMAO) (all of this will be resolved 12/21/2020, perhaps with nothing at all, things should be clear as to what happens, as to everything)

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, anybody like to chime in about 1 John 5:16 specifically the sins "unto and not unto death".
I think that "sin" is more about being out of sync with God rather than a list of no-nos. The Ten Commandments and remainder of the Law spell out general no-nos, but sometimes they are more subtle.

One that comes to mind is family finances. Say that you buy an item that isn't particularly a sin to own (like a color TV). If you would have surrendered your finances to the Holy Spirit, He might have told you not to buy it (at that time). Not because it was bad or wrong to have, but because He would rather you reserve those funds for something more important down the road. The "sin" would be in disregarding the counsel of the Holy Spirit, not in owning a color TV (which He might even bless at a different time). It does not lead to death (as defined by the Bible), but could still negatively impact one's finances (like creating unnecessary debt). Other types of these sins might affect one's physical health, employment prospects, etc. (And these aren't judgments so much as they are consequences.)

This idea applies to long-term, persistent errors, not occasional one-offs. None of this threatens one's Salvation (if saved) in any way.

Last edited:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, do you believe as @marks believes, that all we need to show we have faith in Jesus is believe, and not be obedient; that keeping the commandments of Jesus is works? How is the head knowledge of demons any different than many Christians? And why is there an "AND" (meaning more than one) in the list of His commandments? 1 John 3:23-24
We are saved the moment that we believe in/have faith in/trust in/reliance in Jesus Christ for salvation. (John 3:15,16,18; Acts 10:43; 13:39; 16:31; Romans 1:16; 3:24-28; 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9 etc..). We show our faith by our works (James 2:18) and obedience (including keeping the commandments) which "follows" believing unto salvation is "works" and we are not saved by works. (Ephesians 2:8,9)

1 John 3:23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment. 24 Now he who "keeps" (Greek word "tereo" - guards, observes, watches over) His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 3:10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

Reactions: CharismaticLady