WHAT Is the Trinity?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I have a question for anyone here:

Who is greatest in the body(the church) of the Christ?

Are apostles greater?
Pastor, Teachers?
Or Administration?
There is no gentile or Jew, no male or female.
In the Body of Christ no one is better than the other.
The body cannot live without any member, or part.
(Wish I had my Bible)
I believe you'll find this in 1corinthians.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
God does show us some very individual " truth " that is for us only.
Personal revelation.
Not to be shared except, maybe, to edify.
imo share away, otherwise you might risk @Stranger 's dilemma, in imagining something that is not there. Expose it to the fire, bam, and heed the replies. This doesn't mean that you are wrong, or even that you have to change your mind, but that there is always another pov that should be considered in coming closer to "truth."

Trinity doctrine is fine, if it is used as a justification for following Christ in spirit and in truth, and it is an abomination if it is used as a stick to beat people over the head with, to force them to agree with you at "Jesus is God."

imo

Reactions: Helen

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post decribing the "name" of God.
As for your ending words, I believe we can agree in the sense that all are God and God is all.
one must understand who the all in all is. understand TITLES are not persons. scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:4-5 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all". see it's WORKETH ALL IN ALL, not who is all in all.
example, 1 John 5:6-9 "This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one". let's stop here for a minute. many have said, see this is proof that there are three. yes, three what? three TITLES of the same one PERSON who was diversified in flesh. how do we know this that these scriptures are speaking of titles and not persons? answer, the scriptures said "THESE" and not "THEY". They speak of person, but THESE don't. if the scriptures would have said, "THEY" three are one, then game over, close shop, and go home, it's settle. no, it didn't say that. and the proof continue in these next verses,

1 John 5:8 "And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. there's that these again. let's break these down. these three is ONE PERSON, the Christ, the MAN. how do we know this? watch to color match. man is a spirit that dwells in flesh. and our bodies is over 90% water/flesh hence the water, and we have blood. so the "THESE" three agree is a MAN who God came as. listen to the record, 1 John 5:6 "This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth". QUESTION, is not the Lord Jesus the "TRUTH"/ yes, is not the Holy Spirit the comforter the Spirit of TRUTH? yes. same PERSON.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
There is no gentile or Jew, no male or female.
In the Body of Christ no one is better than the other.
The body cannot live without any member, or part.
(Wish I had my Bible)
I believe you'll find this in 1corinthians.
ha, i think he was looking for "the servant" there

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yes, is not the Holy Spirit the comforter the Spirit of TRUTH? yes. same PERSON.
i guess "Twoness" people point out that Christ had to leave in order for the Holy Spirit to come, even. PErsonally it all strikes me as vanity, debating how many gods can dance on the head of a pin or something. Trying to define God or whatever.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
You will, most certainly, see Him come down in the same way that you saw Him go up; as did those standing there hearing that, that day.

That isn't what Acts 1:11 says.

Speaking of coming down and going up, should Zacchaeus have refused Jesus as his guest and asked him to climb the tree also?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
imo share away, otherwise you might risk @Stranger 's dilemma, in imagining something that is not there. Expose it to the fire, bam, and heed the replies. This doesn't mean that you are wrong, or even that you have to change your mind, but that there is always another pov that should be considered in coming closer to "truth."

Trinity doctrine is fine, if it is used as a justification for following Christ in spirit and in truth, and it is an abomination if it is used as a stick to beat people over the head with, to force them to agree with you at "Jesus is God."

imo
1. I already answered to pp 2.
2. You'll NEVER know what God told me Personally!!!
:)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i guess "Twoness" people point out that Christ had to leave in order for the Holy Spirit to come, even. PErsonally it all strikes me as vanity, debating how many gods can dance on the head of a pin or something. Trying to define God or whatever.
Twoness? Correction, "Diversified Oneness" :D get it right. he left because he is GLORIFIED IN the Spirit and fulfills his obligation as High Priest IN HEAVEN and mediator IN HEAVEN. you didn't know this?........... I guess not. Hebrews 4:14 "Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession". understand, a setting high priest, is signifying that he is "FINISH" from his work. as he sits, (this is who sits on the throne), he fulfills Psalms 110:1 and is mediators, or Counsellor as isaiah 9:6 states. in Spirit he's comforter here ON EARTH. that's why he left, with a body? Oh well.....

and two, I'm glad this is not PErsonal, because the word of God is no one's private interpretation, see 2 peter 1:20. and as once said, "instead of complaining, try in helping". oop"s maybe that pin head might be to big.

Oh well be blessed.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That isn't what Acts 1:11 says.

Speaking of coming down and going up, should Zacchaeus have refused Jesus as his guest and asked him to climb the tree also?
LOL
If Jesus doesn't come to you...
You go to Jesus!

He invites
You answer...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
2. You'll NEVER know what God told me Personally!
i suspect that i will already have or will eventually get the same revelation, if 12For now we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, as I am fully known is true, anyway. But i also understand keeping it to yourself, don't get me wrong. I would say choose where you share it, as you have already indicated. A revelation that men should not own other humans is pretty pointless at a Plantation Owner's Convention iow lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
one must understand who the all in all is. understand TITLES are not persons. scripture, 1 Corinthians 12:4-5 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all". see it's WORKETH ALL IN ALL, not who is all in all.
example, 1 John 5:6-9 "This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one". let's stop here for a minute. many have said, see this is proof that there are three. yes, three what? three TITLES of the same one PERSON who was diversified in flesh. how do we know this that these scriptures are speaking of titles and not persons? answer, the scriptures said "THESE" and not "THEY". They speak of person, but THESE don't. if the scriptures would have said, "THEY" three are one, then game over, close shop, and go home, it's settle. no, it didn't say that. and the proof continue in these next verses,

1 John 5:8 "And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. there's that these again. let's break these down. these three is ONE PERSON, the Christ, the MAN. how do we know this? watch to color match. man is a spirit that dwells in flesh. and our bodies is over 90% water/flesh hence the water, and we have blood. so the "THESE" three agree is a MAN who God came as. listen to the record, 1 John 5:6 "This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth". QUESTION, is not the Lord Jesus the "TRUTH"/ yes, is not the Holy Spirit the comforter the Spirit of TRUTH? yes. same PERSON.
No 101.
I know there are thin red lines like a mine field all over the doctrine of the Trinity.
What you're saying sounds all wrong.

Where did you learn this?
I like to learn from mainline denominational churches that teach what has been taught from the beginning.
Modern concepts do not interested me precisely because they're new and John teaches not to add anything to the written word.

Jesus said to baptise in the name of three persons:
The Father
The Son
The Holy Spirit

Each one is separate and complete.
They are all in ONE.
One God.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
ha, lots of different opinions i guess, pick one. I don't think the language is deceptive or occluded there, but i might be wrong, too.

Strong's Greek: 5207. υἱός (huios) -- a son
Strong's Greek: 444. ἄνθρωπος (anthrópos) -- a man, human, mankind

seems pretty straightforward
Strong's?!!
Try Daniel 7:13-14

The Son of Man was understood to mean the Messiah or anointed one sent by God.
Jesus used this term so as not to get the authorities mad at Him before He had finished His mission.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i suspect that i will already have or will eventually get the same revelation, if 12For now we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I will know fully, as I am fully known is true, anyway. But i also understand keeping it to yourself, don't get me wrong. I would say choose where you share it, as you have already indicated. A revelation that men should not own other humans is pretty pointless at a Plantation Owner's Convention iow lol
My goodness.
Has no one here ever heard of personal revelation?
It has nothing to do with the Bible.
It is not to be shared.
It's not for everyone,
I hope you Never need to know what I was told...

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No 101.
I know there are thin red lines like a mine field all over the doctrine of the Trinity.
What you're saying sounds all wrong.

Where did you learn this?
form the same one as all the disciples and apostles learned from, the Lord Jesus himself. it's in the bible for all to see and take. diversity is from Genesis 1:1 to the end of Revelation 22.
I like to learn from mainline denominational churches that teach what has been taught from the beginning.
try the church in bible it have a very GOOD PASTOR. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm for real. God himself will teach you if you let him.

Modern concepts do not interested me precisely because they're new and John teaches not to add anything to the written word.
I understand what you're saying. hence the reason for the Comforter, scripture, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".
Jesus said to baptise in the name of three persons:
The Father
The Son
The Holy Spirit
GG, that's the error, titles are not PERSONS. Father is not a person, son is not a person, "THESE" are titles of the Spirit whom we know as the Holy Spirit. understand Titles ar not persons. understand the NAME of the Father is JESUS, the NAME of the son is JESUS, the NAME of the Holy Spirit is JESUS. so the NAME one is baptized in is "JESUS".

don't get frustrated in not knowing, I didn't know at one time. but seek , knock and ASK. you have not because you ask not. but as our brother James said, when you ask ask in FAITH

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
form the same one as all the disciples and apostles learned from, the Lord Jesus himself. it's in the bible for all to see and take. diversity is from Genesis 1:1 to the end of Revelation 22.

try the church in bible it have a very GOOD PASTOR. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm for real. God himself will teach you if you let him.

I understand what you're saying. hence the reason for the Comforter, scripture, John 14:26 "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you".

GG, that's the error, titles are not PERSONS. Father is not a person, son is not a person, "THESE" are titles of the Spirit whom we know as the Holy Spirit. understand Titles ar not persons. understand the NAME of the Father is JESUS, the NAME of the son is JESUS, the NAME of the Holy Spirit is JESUS. so the NAME one is baptized in is "JESUS".

don't get frustrated in not knowing, I didn't know at one time. but seek , knock and ASK. you have not because you ask not. but as our brother James said, when you ask ask in FAITH
I have heard before about all three persons being called Jesus.
Of course God Father is spirit as are the Son and the Holy Spirit.
We say persons because this is what we understand as humans.
Jesus, however, DID have a body.

What scripture do you have for your understanding of the "names"?
( Not being persons )