What it takes to win the lost

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bigape

May 22, 2008
Some have said, that people in today’s world, have gotten so far away from the LORD, that before you can even share the Gospel with them, you must first convince them of God’s existence.But I disagree.-------------------------------------------------- I believe that if we tell them about........------------------------ God’s Love.........
John 3:16“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
------------------------ Man’s sin..........
Romans 3:23“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;”
and
Romans 6:23“For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
------------------------ God’s means of forgiveness........
Romans 5:8“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
------------------------ and the way of salvation........
Romans 10:13“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
-------------------------------------------------- That this is all they will need to know, in order to trust Jesus Christ as their Savior.

Carico

Aug 13, 2007
(bigape;64541)
Some have said, that people in today’s world, have gotten so far away from the LORD, that before you can even share the Gospel with them, you must first convince them of God’s existence.But I disagree.-------------------------------------------------- I believe that if we tell them about........------------------------ God’s Love.........------------------------ Man’s sin..........and------------------------ God’s means of forgiveness........------------------------ and the way of salvation........-------------------------------------------------- That this is all they will need to know, in order to trust Jesus Christ as their Savior.
Actually I've tried the above and it only works with those whom God is drawing which Jesus said will be few. No one can come to God unless God enables him.

epistemaniac

Aug 13, 2008
(Carico;64550)
Actually I've tried the above and it only works with those whom God is drawing which Jesus said will be few. No one can come to God unless God enables him.
Amen!! So true..... God does whatever it takes, and funny enough... He knows exactly what it takes to get all of His children home. Whether it be a song, a sermon, a bible reading, someone witnessing, whatever it takes.... God, in His sovereignty, makes sure it gets done. But no matter what witnessing method one uses, only those God enables will ever respond favorably to the Gospel. All the rest are blinded, their hearts are hardened, they hate God, and will not respond to God.blessings,Ken

Beowulf

Nov 18, 2008
Well, of course it's true but that doesn't mean we can sit around doing nothing and simply wait for the saved to present themselves.But I don't suppose that's being conveyed here.People say, "God is dead" or, "God is doing nothing in the world".But I'd have to disagree. WE are His tools. Through us the will of God is done and His Word is spoken throughout the world. We plant the seeds, others water them and God gives the increase. Jesus is very much alive for we know Christ proclaimed He would be in us and we in Him. John 17 is a wonderful prayer that proves this out.There is work to be done for there is a harvest to be brought in. It's not our responsibility to sift through the crop for Christ holds the winnowing fork on the threshing floor separating the wheat from the chaff. But it is our commandment to proclaim the Good News to those who are lost without hope. And He will gather His wheat.

Albert Finch

Apr 13, 2009
Houston, Texas USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Modern culture is not drawn to Christianity because the little they are exposed to is not extreme enough for them. What the world really wants to see is a Christian who is totally entralled with who Jesus is. Our spiritual learning shouldn't be just systematic theology books but a distinguishable crazy love that goes public Acts 8:12 - But when they believed the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ as Philip preached it, they were baptized, both men and women. A popular belief among Christians is that God wants to use us to help people see their sins and give them the choice of whether or not to receive Jesus. If we look more closely at what the Bible really declares as Jesus' message, we will have a plumb line to see just how off track we have veered with this sort of thinking.Jesus states clearly in John 16:8 that the Holy Spirit will come and convict the world of guilt in regard to sin. God's task is to convict people of sin, and ours is to love people. "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:39). And when we do love people, and also love one another, they will know that we are true followers of Jesus (John 13:35).When we use guilt-inducing methods to communicate Jesus' message, people usually respond by erecting walls and closing their minds to what we are saying. On the contrary, if we treat people in a kind and loving way, they generally tend to be very open and their walls recede. It is not for us to bring them to repentance; that's the Holy Spirits domain, and He accomplishes it much better than we ever could! Counselors are advising people today that guilt is negative, nonproductive, and even detrimental to their health, and they need to release these feelings. Thus, guilt is not an effective means of evangelizing and it actually obscures God.As we learn to display God's love to the unlovable and His acceptance to the outcasts, we will see divine intervention in people's lives. There's incredible power in the simple act of unconditional love and acceptance. Jesus demonstrated this repeatedly by His works among the nonreligious multitude.John 8:5,10,11 - Now Moses in the Law commanded us that such women shall be stoned to death. But what do You say? When Jesus raised Himself up, He said to her, Woman, where are your accusers? Has no man condemned you? She answered, No one, Lord! And Jesus said, I do not condemn you either. Go on your way and from now on sin no more.Albert Finchhttp://www.thekeys2kingdom.com

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you want to convince the lost of Jesus, then you need to do what He would, love them first. Demonstrate Jesus to them, then they will see Jesus in you and will want to know about Him. Then you will be able to tell them about Him, and let Jesus do the rest.In His Love

gumby

May 29, 2009
albert and mjrhealth give very good advice, the best way we can show people jesus is by our own love and compassion and then once they see that jesus lives in us then maybe they will let jesus in there life to :)

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Albert Finch: Excellent point!!! the Holy Ghost convicts the Word of sin.
As we learn to display God's love to the unlovable and His acceptance to the outcasts, we will see divine intervention in people's lives. There's incredible power in the simple act of unconditional love and acceptance. Jesus demonstrated this repeatedly by His works among the nonreligious multitude.
More excellent post from Albert Finch....... People today are not so scared that they are going to hell or even care if God is real or not. They are sick, broke, kids on drugs, have a job they hate, horrible marriages, ETC..........Those Jesus tracks are not that effective and people make fun of you asking them to accept Jesus in there heart. This is how the majority of Christians witness, then think if people don't hear the truth then thats their fault. NO, IT IS OUR FAULT.People were drawn to Jesus because He Healed all that were sick and oppressed of the Devil. People would line up just so Peters shadow could pass over them. It was more than lip service which most Christians offer today, there was power of the Holy Ghost to remove burdens and destroy yokes. 1Co 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: I can't count the number of times God has used me to get someone healed or give them information that only God would know. God even one time directed me down a certain street to find a man walking along the sidewalk. I called him over, not really knowing why God wanted me to talk to him. He had a bunch of missing posters he was hanging up because his 10 year old nephew had been missing for three days. I talked to him for a bit and told him God wanted me to stop him. I also told him his nephew would be found safe the next day, and not doubt but believe only. The police found the nephew at a friends house across town the next day.While preaching on a Sunday night a young girl came up to the podium and gave her life to Jesus. She then asked me if God would heal her stomach as it has been damaged by all the drugs she was taking and the doctors were doing all they could to help her. (I forgot the medical terms.) I felt dumb for not asking her about that as I knew of her stomach condition a few days before, by the people that talked her into going to church that night. I told her God would heal her right now!!! I put my hand on her stomach and told the devil to let her go, she was God's child now, so get your demonic hands off God's property, I also told her stomach in the name of Jesus to be as God designed it, and be healed. She was healed instantly and went on to complete her drug program and is serving God today. You would not convince her God does not heal today. I could go on, but those stories should be told by every Christian, as God is looking for someone to believe his word and step out on His word. People do not need lip service, they need God's Goodness and demonstration of Power in their life. Love responds with action. When dealing with people, I already know God's Will for them. I know he does not want them sick or hurting. My Father in Heaven is so good. It does no take much faith if you already know how your father in heavens will about something. That is being a witness, Letting the Greater one inside you do what He so desires to do, and not make excuses for why it's passed away, or not for this disposition of time. It is responding as the Head of the Church would respond. Have we forgotten those bracelets so quickly. WWJDJesus Is Lord.

bigdummy

Feb 1, 2008
Carico;59915](bigape;64541) Some have said said:
Amen... I believe It is against the nature [ therefore the ability] of a man/woman born in sin to reach out in faith to a sinless God without the intervention of God

bigdummy

Feb 1, 2008
[quote name='Carico;59915](bigape;64541)
Some have said' date=' that people in today’s world, have gotten so far away from the LORD, that before you can even share the Gospel with them, you must first convince them of God’s existence. But I disagree.-------------------------------------------------- I believe that if we tell them about........------------------------ God’s Love......... ------------------------ Man’s sin.......... and ------------------------ God’s means of forgiveness........ ------------------------ and the way of salvation........ -------------------------------------------------- That this is all they will need to know, in order to trust Jesus Christ as their Savior.
Actually I've tried the above and it only works with those whom God is drawing which Jesus said will be few. No one can come to God unless God enables him.[/QUOTE'] I have to agree with Carico, As I believe anyone born in sin lacks the nature [therefore the desire] to reach out in faith to a righteous God unless He by Grace reaches out to him. That is why Paul states that "The natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".[1 Cor. 2:14]

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
bigape;59907]Some have said said:
death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”
------------------------ God’s means of forgiveness........
Romans 5:8“But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
------------------------ and the way of salvation........
Romans 10:13“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
-------------------------------------------------- That this is all they will need to know, in order to trust Jesus Christ as their Savior.
The Blessings of the New Covenant ensures the salvation of all Gods elect heb 8: 10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: 11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Who are the elect?
savedbygrace57;71629]The Blessings of the New Covenant ensures the salvation of all Gods elect heb 8: [B]10[/B]For [B]this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel [/B]after those days said:
11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [/B]