What prophesy are we looking for next?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justinian 1

Jan 24, 2012
Washington
Why would we even try to know the end times? Jesus said that even He does not know the hour of the end. Also, much of the Book of Revelation can be inturpreted differently. I believe that it is a description of the fall of Jeruselem in AD 65 I think was the time.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would we even try to know the end times? Jesus said that even He does not know the hour of the end. Also, much of the Book of Revelation can be inturpreted differently. I believe that it is a description of the fall of Jeruselem in AD 65 I think was the time.

The fall of the temple was in 70 AD. I agree with you that most of the book of Revelation has already happened.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Because our Lord Jesus commanded us to be on watch, which is why He gave us the signs of the end leading up to His return (per Scripture like the end of Matthew 24). It's NOT about trying to set a date for His return. It's about recognizing the events He specifically warned us about, so we would not be deceived. It's so we can make a 'stand' for Him in the last days.

The enemies of Christ do not want us to be on watch so as to be deceived by the final Antichrist that will come prior to Christ's return, which is why they have flooded the Churches with so many interpretive variations of Christ's Book of Revelation. And that's not to mention the number of hirelings in the Churches that preach for wheat and barley, and haven't even covered all of God's Word line upon line, chapter by chapter, but heed seminary traditions instead. The only way to not be deceived in the last days is to stay focused in God's Word how He said to do it, asking Him for guidance, and learning by The Holy Spirit.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The Fall of Jerusalam was prophesied and fulfilled, but it was a precursor to the primary prophecy of the true end of things. Many prophecies in scripture have a dual interpretation: a soon to fulfillment and a far fulfillment.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Do you believe that the Bible can be inturpreted in multiple ways besides literal?

There are different 'levels' of understanding, but they all... agree with each other. Otherwise, it would not be God's Truth.

A problem many have is with wrongly interpreting Bible metaphors as literal, and ideas meant literally as symbolic only. Lot of pastors today don't believe the creation account of Genesis 1 as literal, but as metaphorical. So if pastors are doing that, it's like our Lord Jesus said about the Pharisees as blind leaders of the blind, both fall into the ditch.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The Fall of Jerusalam was prophesied and fulfilled, but it was a precursor to the primary prophecy of the true end of things. Many prophecies in scripture have a dual interpretation: a soon to fulfillment and a far fulfillment.

Yes, but many would disagree with the idea of a multiple prophetic fulfillment. In reality, the far fulfillment is a different fulfillment of previous written 'parameters' given 'within' an old prophecy, with those specific parameters having yet to come to pass.

I'm theistic evolutionist and I inturpret the Creation account metaphorically.

I don't care to go into detail here, but I don't adhere to any... ideas of evolution theory.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Yes, but many would disagree with the idea of a multiple prophetic fulfillment. In reality, the far fulfillment is a different fulfillment of previous written 'parameters' given 'within' an old prophecy, with those specific parameters having yet to come to pass.

It matters not to me whether people believe in the near and far fulfillment of prophecy. It is throughout scripture if people want to investigate for themselves, which, when done, will reveal that much if Revelation is yet to be seen, although we see the rumblings presently---an exciting time we live in!

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
I'm theistic evolutionist and I inturpret the Creation account metaphorically.

There's a difference between how someone chooses to ~understand~ a thing, versus what was intended. That difference is "obedience". For where God provided his purpose, our conscience either is in rebellion or submission. And if rebellion, then false justifications/rationalizations. But if in obedience, then enlightenment/revelation.

Stefcui

Jan 29, 2012
The City
...And if I might, -- it wasn't Alexander, or Antiochus. It was Ford

Hi, I know I am late is this conversation... but who is Ford?

To me, Daniel 11 is one of the most difficult of all prophecies. I love it though. I believe it takes us up to the time of the Antichrist; Christ's return, and then the resurrection. It MUST cover our time now. The ships of Kittim could be as recent as the Suez Canal Crisis.

God Bless
Steve

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi, I know I am late is this conversation... but who is Ford?

To me, Daniel 11 is one of the most difficult of all prophecies. I love it though. I believe it takes us up to the time of the Antichrist; Christ's return, and then the resurrection. It MUST cover our time now. The ships of Kittim could be as recent as the Suez Canal Crisis.

God Bless
Steve

Dan 11:30-31
30 For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant.
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.
(KJV)

Chittim or Kittim means 'bruisers' (3794 - Brown, Driver & Briggs)

Gen 3:15
15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
(KJV)

Rom 16:20
20 And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
(KJV)

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
Hey Steve,

I don't now how familiar you are with the prophetic chapters of Daniel, but this book is the EASIEST of all the prophetic books to understand. Everything is written in chronological order, everything revolves primarily around only two of three kingdoms, and everything is written to one target audience -- (given that Daniel donned the mantle of Jeremiah to prophesy to his kinsmen). In fact, the chapters are so repetitive that between the book of Daniel and Revelation, I can't imagine someone being confused about any pertinent passages and associated events.

It seems the only obsticle is Daniel 12:4 & 9 which virtually every commentator ignores, (to his/her peril), and then proceeds to make inedible hash out of perfecty good steak.

Regarding your question, -- I think that individual received the kingdom having never been of royal lineage.
Regarding the ships of Kittim, -- I think it involved the Coral Sea.
(Please note that both comments imply a cryptic inference. :) )

PropphecyStudent

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The Dan.11 placing of the abomination of desolation in Jerusalem is not a past event. Christ tied it with the 7 signs of the last days He gave in Matt.24 and Mark 13, with the last sign about His second coming and gathering of His Church.

The Dan.12:4, 9 verses are easy too, since it's simply about the events of the last days leading up to Christ's second coming were to be revealed only during the last days. And we definitely are now in those last days leading up to Christ's return.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
VETRAN wrote: "If that were true, then Christ's giving of His Book of Revelation to His Church on earth would have been a useless and meaningless work. One with that view might as well heed the words of evolutionists today instead, and all the Mayan calendar hype as well."

Very insightful vetran and therefore correct. The journey is as valuable as the destination. Had God's inspired Word been as explicit as stereo instructions people would have no need of pondering the things of God to the point of having his Word imprinted in their DNA (in other words ingrained deeply in their being).

I have considered this journey through the time of Revelation and Tribulation like unto a chess game. (Remember first, Satan knows the Word of God maybe better than we do.) So, consider that because Satan has the power (through man's developments) to utterly destroy the world - (the chess board) if he sees all is lost... he must then think he has won past the point when God moves the final piece and right until God claims Check mate - Christ's return. For only then will Satan have no rights to the board anymore. This was given to allow one to understand why these events are obscured to us at this point and wonder what will happen next. In Ezekiel it speaks of Gog and MaGog - Russia and Iran coming against Israel and that may be the next "big" fulfillment.

However. I expect the Daily Sacrifice to commence before that and be ended 30 days before the beginning of Tribulations (if my calculations are correct). The last known prophecy I am aware of transpiring is one that is written, but not clearly, and is the informing of the two witnesses of their duty - though they have not yet been told when their time begins. Very few people know about this.

ProphecyStudent, am I to expect you next to ask vetran to tell us what date and time the rapture or Christ's return is too take place?
It sounds like you are trying to beguile Vetran.
We are here to share our understandings and to allow our understandings to join together, that a clearer picture may be seen. Certainly, we must weed out the bad information, but there is no need to do that by conflict instead of cooperation.

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
Hi Terry,

I ask nothing that I can't answer. So the challenge to veteran, to you and to everyone still stands:

If you agree that a accurate understanding of past events can substantiate an understanding of future events, and refuse to provide both, then I would expect you have neither.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
VETRAN wrote: "If that were true, then Christ's giving of His Book of Revelation to His Church on earth would have been a useless and meaningless work. One with that view might as well heed the words of evolutionists today instead, and all the Mayan calendar hype as well."

Very insightful vetran and therefore correct. The journey is as valuable as the destination. Had God's inspired Word been as explicit as stereo instructions people would have no need of pondering the things of God to the point of having his Word imprinted in their DNA (in other words ingrained deeply in their being).

I have considered this journey through the time of Revelation and Tribulation like unto a chess game. (Remember first, Satan knows the Word of God maybe better than we do.) So, consider that because Satan has the power (through man's developments) to utterly destroy the world - (the chess board) if he sees all is lost... he must then think he has won past the point when God moves the final piece and right until God claims Check mate - Christ's return. For only then will Satan have no rights to the board anymore. This was given to allow one to understand why these events are obscured to us at this point and wonder what will happen next. In Ezekiel it speaks of Gog and MaGog - Russia and Iran coming against Israel and that may be the next "big" fulfillment.

I think you know the devil can't do anymore than our Heavenly Father allows him to do. We really don't have to be concerned about Satan having the ability to utterly destroy, because God already has shown us He's The One behind the latter day events, even telling us in Joel that the locust army He Himself sends, and calls them "My great army which I sent among you" (Joel 2:25).

And you know, even though I also see the Gog-Magog Russian and radical Islamic alliance ready like a wound-up spring to dive upon Israel, He has revealed certain events that must occur prior to that last day event on the day of the Lord. This has weighed heavily in mind for a long time, but the fake "Peace and safety" Paul spoke of in 1 Thess.5 must occur just prior to the day of destruction. And I see that fake "Peace and safety" as next, to include the Rev.13 beast image events.

However. I expect the Daily Sacrifice to commence before that and be ended 30 days before the beginning of Tribulations (if my calculations are correct).
The last known prophecy I am aware of transpiring is one that is written, but not clearly, and is the informing of the two witnesses of their duty - though they have not yet been told when their time begins. Very few people know about this.

I think a deeper study of the last 3 trumpets and 3 Woe period order will help more in that (from Rev.8:13 to Rev.11:15).