What prophesy are we looking for next?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a prophecy I am waiting for!

Newt Gingrich's head was so big in high school that they could not find a football helmet for him anywhere - college, pros, nothing, nowhere....

So, I am waiting for this early sign to manifest in a larger than life, egomania ......

oops - too late.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
VETERAN wrote: " I think you know the devil can't do anymore than our Heavenly Father allows him to do. We really don't have to be concerned about Satan having the ability to utterly destroy, because God already has shown us He's The One behind the latter day events, even telling us in Joel that the locust army He Himself sends, and calls them "My great army which I sent among you" (Joel 2:25)."

The point was that Satan must have that power - NOT whether it would be used.
As far as the trumpets are concerned ... though you are correct i have not studied them much - i have considered that they transpire after the onset of Tribulations... or are happening yesterday, today and tomorrow in such forms as these new epidemics.

PropphecyStudent wrote:

... if you explain the prophecies-which-are-future ..., then you should certainly be able to provide an account of the prophecies-which-are-past. Certainly the latter is easier than the former, and it's verifiable.

Your contention of: " then you should certainly be able to" is not validated by your desire. To do so is to contend that every prophet knew every prophecy that took place before him.

PropphecyStudent

Jan 6, 2012
PropphecyStudent wrote:

... if you explain the prophecies-which-are-future ..., then you should certainly be able to provide an account of the prophecies-which-are-past. Certainly the latter is easier than the former, and it's verifiable.

Terry wrote:
Your contention of: " then you should certainly be able to" is not validated by your desire. To do so is to contend that every prophet knew every prophecy that took place before him.

Hi Terry,

You've confused the prophet with the prophecy. Every prophecy (from God) shall come to pass. As these come to pass, who is it that has sufficient expertise to explain these prophecies both in historical and yet future contexts? Or put another way, who has absolutely no clue as to anything, but points to some ~future~ circumstance and makes unsubstantiated assertions which cannot be validated?

And so I ask for anyone who makes such assertions to provide both historical fulfillments and future expectations in the full context of prophetic revelation, so that we can assess their proficiency in these topics. Otherwise, these postulations are as so much wistful (full of yearning or desire tinged with melancholy) thinking.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
<p>[quote name=&#39;Justinian 1&#39; timestamp=&#39;1327717537&#39; post=&#39;141684&#39;]<br />
I&#39;m theistic evolutionist and I inturpret the Creation account metaphorically.<br />
[/quote]

So if I understand your statement correctly, you accept the racist Darwinist account of beginnings and endings while denying the source of Biblical inspiration (God) of the account of beginnings and endings.

Let us ALL cease and desist from worshipping or at the least learning at the feet of Darwin - one of the most hateful and disrespectful of excuses for scientific investigators that ever lived. In addition to his disgusting statements about race and sexism, it should be remembered that Darwinism is THE BASIS for Eugenics, the idea that Jews and all other sub-species should and of a right ought to be exterminated. The Bible does not even use the word "race" in reference to people, but does describe all human beings as being of "one blood" (Acts 17:26)

Darwinism comes straight out of the mouth of hell itself. Don't believe me?
READ THE WORDS OF THE MAN HIMSELF...........

Darwin and his racist attidues and remarks...

Darwin's close friend Professor Adam Sedgwick was one of the people who saw what dangers the theory of evolution would give rise to in the future. He remarked, after reading and digesting The Origin of Species, that

"if this book were to find general public acceptance, it would bring with it a brutalization of the human race such as it had never seen before." [1]

And truly, time showed that Sedgwick was right to have doubts. The 20th century has gone down in history as a dark age when people underwent massacres simply because of their race or ethnic origins.

---------------

The complete title of Darwin's most famous work, often abbreviated to The Origin of Species, was The Origin. of Species by Means of Natural Selection or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life.

The greatest influence in the sudden development of racism in the 19th century Europe was the replacement of the Christian belief that "God created all people equal" by "Darwinism". By suggesting that man had evolved from more primitive creatures, and that some races had evolved further than others, it provided racism with a scientific mask.
HARUN YAHYA

"At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilized races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace, the savage races throughout the world. At the same time, the anthropomorphous apes. . . will no doubt be exterminated. The break between man and his nearest allies will then be wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilized state, as we may hope, even than the Caucasian, and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as now between the Negro or Australian and the gorilla. ... It has often been said ... that man can resist with impunity the greatest diversities of climate and other changes; but this is true only of the civilized races. Man in his wild condition seems to be in this respect almost as susceptible as his nearest allies, the anthropoid apes, which have never yet survived long, when removed from their native country."
-Darwin

"I could show [that war had] done and [is] doing [much] . . . for the progress of civilization . . . The more civilized so-called Caucasian races have beaten the Turkish hollow in the struggle for existence. Looking to the world at no very distant date . . . an endless number of lower races will have been eliminated by the higher civilized races throughout the world."

"It might also naturally be enquired whether man, like so many other animals, has given rise to varieties and sub-races, differing but slightly from each other, or to races differing so much that they must be classed as doubtful species?"

"In a series of forms graduating insensibly from some ape-like creature to man as he now exists, it would be impossible to fix on any definite point when the term "man" ought to be used. But this is a matter of very little importance. So again, it is almost a matter of indifference whether the so-called races of man are thus designated, or are ranked as species or sub-species; but the latter term appears the more appropriate."

"The western nations of Europe, who now so immeasurably surpass their former savage progenitors, and stand at the summit of civilization, owe little or none of their superiority to direct inheritance from the old Greeks",

"But the inheritance of property by itself is very far from an evil; for without the accumulation of capital the arts could not progress; and it is chiefly through their power that the civilized races have extended, and are now everywhere extending their range, so as to take the place of the lower races."

"There should be open competition for all men; and the most able should not be prevented by laws or customs from succeeding best and rearing the largest number of offspring."

"It has often been said, as Mr. Macnamara remarks, that man can resist with impunity the greatest diversities of climate and other changes; but this is true only of the civilised races. Man in his wild condition seems to be in this respect almost as susceptible as his nearest allies, the anthropoid apes, which have never yet survived long, when removed from their native country."

"There is, however, no doubt that the various races, when carefully compared and measured, differ much from each other,--as in the texture of the hair, the relative proportions of all parts of the body ...Their mental characteristics are likewise very distinct; chiefly as it would appear in their emotional, but partly in their intellectual faculties. Every one who has had the opportunity of comparison, must have been struck with the contrast between the taciturn, even morose, aborigines of S. America and the light-hearted, talkative negroes. There is a nearly similar contrast between the Malays and the Papuans who live under the same physical conditions, and are separated from each other only by a narrow space of sea."

" A certain amount of absorption of mulattoes into negroes must always be in progress; and this would lead to an apparent diminution of the former. The inferior vitality of mulattoes is spoken of in a trustworthy work as a well-known phenomenon; and this, although a different consideration from their lessened fertility, may perhaps be advanced as a proof of the specific distinctness of the parent races."

"We civilized men, on the other hand, do our utmost to check the process of elimination; we build asylums for the imbecile, the maimed, and the sick; we institute poor-laws; and our medical men exert their utmost skill to save the life of every one to the last moment. There is reason to believe that vaccination has preserved thousands, who from a weak constitution would formerly have succumbed to small-pox. Thus the weak members of civilized societies propagate their kind. No one who has attended to the breeding of domestic animals will doubt that this must be highly injurious to the race of man. It is surprising how soon a want of care, or care wrongly directed, leads to the degeneration of a domestic race; but excepting in the case of man himself, hardly any one is so ignorant as to allow his worst animals to breed.

Description of the natives of Tierra del Fuego during a voyage in 1871.
"wholly nude, submerged in dyes, eating what they find just like wild animals, uncontrolled, cruel to everybody out of their tribe, taking pleasure in torturing their enemies, offering bloody sacrifices, killing their children, ill-treating their wives, full of awkward superstitions".

Recently, in Louisiana, African American State Representative Sharon Weston Broome charged that, "Darwin's ideas on how humans evolved are racist and the key reason for race problems [and] provide the main rationale for racism." As Broome logically concluded, "If evolution has provided the main rationale for racism, and we are teaching our children evolution in schools, then correspondingly we are teaching them racist principles."
---------
Darwinís primary racist viewpoints summed up:

1. Humans are divided into sub-species
2. The strongest live and the weakest die, which is good (Hitler and Marx agreed)
3. The sub-species are not simply variants
4. A "race war" would be beneficial to mankind
5. Blacks and Aborigines occupy a sub-species between Apes and Caucasians
6. The extinction of blacks and gorillas to advance the white "race" is good
7. Sub-species are also known as races
8. Different sub-species have different characteristics, such as mental capabilities
9. Irish are also non-Aryan and should be extinct
10. Europe doesnít owe any ancestry to the Greeks
11. It would be good if a wealthy nation replaces a less privileged race
12. Christianity is a damnable doctrine, and Hitler agreed saying it is a rebellion against nature
13. Social Darwinism includes imperialism, racial extermination and sexual inequality and Darwinism was intended to explain society as a whole
14. "lower class" races should not normally be cared for; they should not multiply and should become extinct

Also sexist:
------------

"The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shewn by man's attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than can woman--whether requiring deep thought, reason, or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands...We may also infer, from the law of the deviation from averages, so well illustrated by Mr. Galton, in his work on 'Hereditary Genius,' that if men are capable of a decided pre-eminence over women in many subjects, the average of mental power in man must be above that of woman."

It's only in outstanding achievements - either for good OR for ill - that men tend to dominate. One way of seeing this is that the curve of women's achievements fits inside the curve of men's achievements, either way.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
I don't think it's wise for me, at this point when my heart isn't convinced either way, to choose whether I believe in the rapture or not. It doesn't matter to me. I need Christ's protection every day, and He will be with me until the end regardless. What I am interested in knowing is "what is the next prophesy to be fullfilled?" I really get confused reading Daniel and Revelations and Ezekiel. Just if someone can tell me what we're looking for next? Maybe it's Christ's return, maybe something else. What do you think?
Hello Doug
The next prophecy to take place is Daniel 11;20.
[sup]20[/sup] “His successor will send out a tax collector to maintain the royal splendor. In a few years, however, he will be destroyed, yet not in anger or in battle.

What this means is Obama(the raiser of taxes)will be defeated after a few years.He shall be defeated not in anger nor in battle.I love watching prophecies being forfilled.What A wonderful gift god has given me.
Look for this prophey to take place near the end of this year.

I would say Ezekiel 38-39... That is the prophecy most imminent.

Not quite.
It has been revealed to me through the revelation given to my Lord Jesus Christ that Ezekiel 38-39 wont be forfilled till 1000 yers after my Lord has returned and gatherd all Israel into the kingdom.It is revealed in Rev20.
[sup]6[/sup]Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
[sup]7[/sup]And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
[sup]8[/sup]And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

This is the same army mentioned in Ezekiel 38-39.
Why people try to understand without revelation is beyond me.

If you knew what you were defending, then you could answer the Topic question: "What prophecy are we looking for next?". But as it is, all you offer are accusations which are neither accurate nor deserved; and generic handwaving.

So in accordance with the Topic title, I ask once again, -- is there anyone who can identify the prophecy most recently fulfilled, and the next prophecy? Certainly in a Forum having 4.6K members and 141K posts, there MUST be at least TWO individuals who can answer "envolve's" question directly. (I would certainly be ONE that can answer.)

I am one that can answer.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The Ezekiel 38-39 chatpers are set to occur on the day of The Lord, the day when Christ Jesus returns (1 Thess.5; 2 Pet.3:10).

A thorough reading of those chapter's events easily reveals that, even with the great supper of God linked to the battle of Armageddon at Christ's return with Ezekiel 39. And then with the Ezekiel 40 chapter forward, it's about the Millennium sanctuary that will manifest on earth for Christ's "thousand years" reign with His elect. So that section of Ezekiel 38 through 48 is in chronological order.

The only way to be certain of this is to cover the Scripture line upon line...

Ezek 39:17-29
17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to My sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of My sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
20 Thus ye shall be filled at My table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

That's the event of Rev.16 with Armageddon, and the great supper of Rev.19, a great hail upon Satan's army with Christ's second coming, just prior to the start of the thousand years of Rev.20.

Ezek.39:21 And I will set My glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see My judgment that I have executed, and My hand that I have laid upon them.
22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against Me, therefore hid I My face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid My face from them.
25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for My holy name;
26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against Me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, Which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide My face any more from them: for I have poured out My spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
(KJV)

That's not about Christ having already... gathering Israel out of the nations along with believing Gentiles, that's about the time when... He does that. That doesn't happen untli the day of Christ's return, certainly not a thousand years after... His return!

Even in the Ezek.38 chapter, God says this pointing out when that will occur...

Ezek 38:18-23
18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that My fury shall come up in My face.
19 For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at My presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.
21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all My mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.
22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
23 Thus will I magnify Myself, and sanctify Myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.
(KJV)

Those are "day of the Lord" events that occur with Christ's return, the day when He will magnify Himself in the sight of all the nations.

But with the Gog and Magog event written at the end of Rev.20, the nations will already know... and see... Christ Jesus, and will have for the whole thousand years while Satan is locked in the pit until the end of that period. So why is Gog and Magog mentioned once again for the end of Rev.20 when Satan in final... leads the Millennium era nations upon the "camp of the saints" on earth at Jerusalem?

It's because the Gog and Magog title is also a general label for Satan's host, his followers on earth. And Satan and his wicked host are not destroyed in the "lake of fire" until after Christ's thousand years reign of Rev.20.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
The Ezekiel 38-39 chatpers are set to occur on the day of The Lord, the day when Christ Jesus returns (1 Thess.5; 2 Pet.3:10).

A thorough reading of those chapter's events easily reveals that, even with the great supper of God linked to the battle of Armageddon at Christ's return with Ezekiel 39. And then with the Ezekiel 40 chapter forward, it's about the Millennium sanctuary that will manifest on earth for Christ's "thousand years" reign with His elect. So that section of Ezekiel 38 through 48 is in chronological order.

The only way to be certain of this is to cover the Scripture line upon line...

Ezek 39:17-29
17 And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to My sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.
18 Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.
19 And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of My sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.
20 Thus ye shall be filled at My table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

That's the event of Rev.16 with Armageddon, and the great supper of Rev.19, a great hail upon Satan's army with Christ's second coming, just prior to the start of the thousand years of Rev.20.

Ezek.39:21 And I will set My glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see My judgment that I have executed, and My hand that I have laid upon them.
22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.
23 And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against Me, therefore hid I My face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.
24 According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid My face from them.
25 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for My holy name;
26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against Me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;
28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, Which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide My face any more from them: for I have poured out My spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.
(KJV)

That's not about Christ having already... gathering Israel out of the nations along with believing Gentiles, that's about the time when... He does that. That doesn't happen untli the day of Christ's return, certainly not a thousand years after... His return!

Even in the Ezek.38 chapter, God says this pointing out when that will occur...

Ezek 38:18-23
18 And it shall come to pass at the same time when Gog shall come against the land of Israel, saith the Lord GOD, that My fury shall come up in My face.
19 For in My jealousy and in the fire of My wrath have I spoken, Surely in that day there shall be a great shaking in the land of Israel;
20 So that the fishes of the sea, and the fowls of the heaven, and the beasts of the field, and all creeping things that creep upon the earth, and all the men that are upon the face of the earth, shall shake at My presence, and the mountains shall be thrown down, and the steep places shall fall, and every wall shall fall to the ground.
21 And I will call for a sword against him throughout all My mountains, saith the Lord GOD: every man's sword shall be against his brother.
22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
23 Thus will I magnify Myself, and sanctify Myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.
(KJV)

Those are "day of the Lord" events that occur with Christ's return, the day when He will magnify Himself in the sight of all the nations.

But with the Gog and Magog event written at the end of Rev.20, the nations will already know... and see... Christ Jesus, and will have for the whole thousand years while Satan is locked in the pit until the end of that period. So why is Gog and Magog mentioned once again for the end of Rev.20 when Satan in final... leads the Millennium era nations upon the "camp of the saints" on earth at Jerusalem?

It's because the Gog and Magog title is also a general label for Satan's host, his followers on earth. And Satan and his wicked host are not destroyed in the "lake of fire" until after Christ's thousand years reign of Rev.20.

Have you paid any attention to who it is that shall come against Israel in Ezekiel 38-p39?
I will tell you who is not mentioned.Not one single country or nation located anywhere within the promised land.
That should tell you something.But you cant understand why not one nation located in the promised land is mentioned.
I know why they are not mentioned.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Have you paid any attention to who it is that shall come against Israel in Ezekiel 38-p39?
I will tell you who is not mentioned.Not one single country or nation located anywhere within the promised land.
That should tell you something.But you cant understand why not one nation located in the promised land is mentioned.
I know why they are not mentioned.

You're wrong, for today's nation of Israel originally included a lot more land, which today is in control of by Arabs. The promised land God gave Abraham was to go all the way to the Euphrates river to the river of Egypt (Gen.15:18). And per the end of Isaiah 19, God's Highway in final is to stretch from Egypt through Israel all the way into Assyria.

shilohsfoal

Dec 26, 2010
North Carolina
You're wrong, for today's nation of Israel originally included a lot more land, which today is in control of by Arabs. The promised land God gave Abraham was to go all the way to the Euphrates river to the river of Egypt (Gen.15:18). And per the end of Isaiah 19, God's Highway in final is to stretch from Egypt through Israel all the way into Assyria.

No Im not wrong.Not one nation of the ten nations that share the promised land with Israel are in the Gog Magog war.
Not even Palestinians.No Egyptians.None

I know why they are not in the Gog Magog war but you cant listen to reason.You will not even pay attention to revelation.
You believe God will attempt to destroy Gog but cant do it and will have to try again a thousand years later.
Simple fact is there is only one Gog Magog war and that war takes place 1000 years after Israel has recieved all the promised land..At that time Israel will dwell without walls or bars.A careless people without any worries of enemies.
A people who Ezekiel described.

Not the same pepople who dwell in Judea today for the people who dwell there today live in fear.
They build walls to protect them and they believe in the works of thier own hands.They tremble at the thought of Iran making a nuclear bomb which they soon shall have.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
No Im not wrong.Not one nation of the ten nations that share the promised land with Israel are in the Gog Magog war.
Not even Palestinians.No Egyptians.None

I know why they are not in the Gog Magog war but you cant listen to reason.You will not even pay attention to revelation.
You believe God will attempt to destroy Gog but cant do it and will have to try again a thousand years later.
Simple fact is there is only one Gog Magog war and that war takes place 1000 years after Israel has recieved all the promised land..At that time Israel will dwell without walls or bars.A careless people without any worries of enemies.
A people who Ezekiel described.

Not the same pepople who dwell in Judea today for the people who dwell there today live in fear.
They build walls to protect them and they believe in the works of thier own hands.They tremble at the thought of Iran making a nuclear bomb which they soon shall have.

Ethiopia (Sudan), Persia (Iran-Iraq), Togarmah (Turkey), Gomer (ex-Soviet satellites like Georgia), Libya, Russia, they all point to specific allies of Russia (chief prince of Meshech and Tubal) for the end. That's not to mention the nations which God listed through Isaiah with woes and burdens, pointing to end time events of their coming up around Jerusalem in the last days prior to Christ's return.

Isa 34:5-8
5 For My sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of My curse, to judgment.
6 The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.
7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.
8 For it is the day of the LORD's vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion.
(KJV)

Ezek 39:18
(KJV)

Old Bashan was in the area of the Golan Heights. Bozrah was southeast of the Dead Sea, near today's nation of Israel.

God said in Zeph.3 it was His intent to gather the nations so as to pour His wrath upon them, and that's what the Ezekiel 38-39 Scripture is about, the great supper of God on the last day of this present world, i.e., the Armageddon event (Hill of Megiddo, which is just north of Jerusalem).

For today, Gog and Magog represent specific nations that come up against Israel on the last day of this world.

For the end of Christ's future Millennium reign, the Gog and Magog represent all... the peoples outside the holy city that come up against it in final, once Satan is loosed after having been locked in his prison pit for the thousand years. There's no way to get the two separate Gog and Magog events confused as written. But that's what you have done, because you're not staying with what is actually written per God's Word.

Reactions: Marta

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Veteran, When I posted this as a chess game, perhaps I should have explained that God knows the ending before he began this campaign... so, although Satan has the power ot utterly destroy, he will never get the chance to use it. In this manner you are correct as since he never gets to use it, one can consider he never had it to start with.

In reference to knowing what the last prophecy is validating one's knowledge of what the next prophecy... I do not agree. Here is why... though you may see and recognize the very instant of the next prophecy being fulfilled does not mean you knew what the last prophecy was. A claim made by prophecy student. He also claimed to know the last one, but the last one was informing the second witness who he is, are you claiming you knew this was done and when? The one prior to that, I think was informing the 1st witness who he is. (Yes this has been done) To the best of my knowledge that was the last prophecy that transpires. In reference to the next one.... I believe we are currently it and it is the economic collapse of which the anti-christ will provide a solution. However, before the anti-christ provides a solution. I think the mark of the beast (pre-unification by the anti-christ) will be implemented. Google " RFID " Radio Frequency Identification. The economic collapse of USA started after the first witness was informed but before the second witness was informed.

I also considered that many things may have happened of a prophetic nature, yet so sublte as to have gone un-noticed, prophecies that were not clearly defined but, clearly mandatory - such as the two witnesses being told of their position.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Veteran, When I posted this as a chess game, perhaps I should have explained that God knows the ending before he began this campaign... so, although Satan has the power ot utterly destroy, he will never get the chance to use it. In this manner you are correct as since he never gets to use it, one can consider he never had it to start with.

Right. That's how I believe our Heavenly Father wants 'us' to see it too, for reason to not fear the devil and his servants. Our Faith in The Father through His Son is made strong by that understanding, like Paul even said, "If God be for us, who can be against us?" (Rom.8:31)

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Veteran, you discussed the dimensions of the promised land as being much greater than they possess today. This was also a concer of mine nearly 2 decades ago in my studies. For this reason I tend to believe that Israel's borders will either be entended by the anti-christ's peace plan or... one of the wars in scripture, or perhaps not written in scripture (yet) will transpire and extend Israel's boundaries. These "extended" boundaries coud be a method Israel utilizes to enhance their feelings of security but, however it unfolds will be very interesting. Theoligians that wrote books about endtimes seem to have skipped the importance of this in ther writtings probably due to the time constraints in which they perceived tribulations to commense. The 7 year peace plan could allow Israel to maintain those boundaries but, I have trouble considering that any peace plan could extend Israel's boundaries without Israel already inhabiting that land.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, terry.

Veteran, you discussed the dimensions of the promised land as being much greater than they possess today. This was also a concer of mine nearly 2 decades ago in my studies. For this reason I tend to believe that Israel's borders will either be entended by the anti-christ's peace plan or... one of the wars in scripture, or perhaps not written in scripture (yet) will transpire and extend Israel's boundaries. These "extended" boundaries coud be a method Israel utilizes to enhance their feelings of security but, however it unfolds will be very interesting. Theoligians that wrote books about endtimes seem to have skipped the importance of this in ther writtings probably due to the time constraints in which they perceived tribulations to commense. The 7 year peace plan could allow Israel to maintain those boundaries but, I have trouble considering that any peace plan could extend Israel's boundaries without Israel already inhabiting that land.

I believe that the extended boundaries of Isra'el's borders will be a direct result of the King of kings reigning in Yerushalayim, Yisra'el, during the Millennium (and after), not because of some "antichrist" figure.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

I'm going to go a little deep here, at the expense that it might confuse others here. I think you understand a lot of where I'm coming from, no doubt from having studied along the same areas of the Old Testament prophets.

God called Ezekiel especially as a prophet to the "house of israel". So there's a lot of specific Bible prophecy about all that just for them, and I feel the layout of the Milennium temple he was given to show the "house of Israel" is a marker against... the coming deceptions by the false messiah and the fake peace for tribulation-time areas of the holy land.

Ezek 43:10-11
10 Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
11 And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the comings in thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.
(KJV)

Zech 2:2
2 Then said I, Whither goest thou? And he said unto me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof.
(KJV)

Rev 11:1-2
1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
(KJV)

Eph 3:17-18
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
(KJV)

Shalom, terry.

I believe that the extended boundaries of Isra'el's borders will be a direct result of the King of kings reigning in Yerushalayim, Yisra'el, during the Millennium (and after), not because of some "antichrist" figure.

A false messiah is coming first. He won't be able to pull off that deception of extending Israel's boundaries, simply because there's a lot more Millennium specifications that must be met per the prophets that ONLY GOD can do. Sadly, only those familiar with those other specs per the OT prophets will understand the difference.

Rascus

Mar 16, 2012
South Carolina
Im not for certain.....but if I had to speak for sure what prophecy we are awaiting next I would venture to say that it would be that the Gospel be preached unto all nations......I have a feeling that their is a certain amount of nations to be reached and then I would say after that would begin the rest of things in Revelations to come. But until that time when the Great Commission shall be complete I believe that's where we are at in prophecy, only God know the Truth of everything....its all according to His will.and for His Glory.And I know that right now we are to be serving Him with our fellowship and bringing as many as possible to salvation.and being led of His Spirit to live as near to Him as we are able......with His Love and Blessings to all....

Rascus

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Im not for certain.....but if I had to speak for sure what prophecy we are awaiting next I would venture to say that it would be that the Gospel be preached unto all nations......I have a feeling that their is a certain amount of nations to be reached and then I would say after that would begin the rest of things in Revelations to come. But until that time when the Great Commission shall be complete I believe that's where we are at in prophecy, only God know the Truth of everything....its all according to His will.and for His Glory.And I know that right now we are to be serving Him with our fellowship and bringing as many as possible to salvation.and being led of His Spirit to live as near to Him as we are able......with His Love and Blessings to all....

Rascus

I believe you're right, but you may not yet understand just how that might happen, of The Gospel going forth at the end of this world...

Mark 13:9-11
9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony against them.
10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
(KJV)

Notice how that Mark 13:10 verse about The Gospel being published among all nations is given 'within' that future prophecy of some of Christ's elect being delivered up at the end, to give a Testimony. It's tied to the tribulation timing per the events of the 5th Seal of Rev.6.

The Greek word for "published" can also mean 'to herald', like a town crier who would get upon a wooden box in the town square to make a proclamation. Peter linked this event with the prophecy from Joel 2 and the cloven tongue spoken on the day of Pentecost.

Acts 2:16-21
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days of My Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
(KJV)

Notice those last verses in bold. They are linked with endtime events to occur immediately prior to the "day of the Lord". Those events did not occur on the day of Pentecost when an 'example' of the cloven tongue was given. Those wonders and signs are for the tribulation time. That "day of the Lord" is the time of Christ's second coming along with the pouring out of His wrath upon the nations (Isaiah 13; Amos 8; Matt.24:29; Mark 13:24; Luke 21:25; 2 Pet.3:10; Rev.6:12, etc.).

To 'prophesy' means to teach with understanding according to Apostle Paul (1 Cor.14).

Christ's elect that are delivered up to councils and synagogues for the tribulation time are going to manifest that 'cloven' tongue of Pentecost again, and it's going to go out to all nations. God is going to speak directly... to the whole world through them, just prior to the day of destruction that ends this present world. Many will turn to Christ Jesus and believe because of it.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
During my research 20 years ago...it was stated that the prophecy of God's Word being preached throughout the world, has been fulfilled.... I strongly agree that this has been accomplished.. if not then, then soon after with the advent of the internet. Even the most backward people of today have realized the presence of air planes and automobiles. And that would bring about questions in them to see what else is out there. The worlds conquest for more natural resources and land dominion. certainly has brought about a campaign into the most remote backward areas, thus technology follows including the internet. Maybe I should respond in a different fashion... Does anyone know anyone who knows anyone who knows of anywhere so remote that the people in that nation know not of God and Jesus? I know of no "non Christian Religion" that does not defend itself against Christianity. For a religion to have a defense against Christianity, they must first know of it.
---------------------------------------
VETERAN... in a work by blaise pascal... called pascal's wager (which was soundly defeated in universities) Pascal did not finish the wager... He died young and really i believe never had the chance or insight to be bale to finish it. For he should have concluded (thou there are several missing steps arriving to the conclusion) that it is God's... desire... duty...responsibility... how about: WORD that God will see to it that whosoever seeks him will find him... meaning the reason pascal's wager was defeated is now moot. We have but one creek to span yet....

"If one believes in god but believes in the wrong god when one dies where does one go...." < this is the method by which pascal's wager was defeated... So very infantile!

Atheists often times dare God to show himself... BUT these people are not SEEKING God they are actually seeking to prove there is no God and so they do not and never can join the groups that seek God. Hmmmm College professors could not qualify PASCAL'S Wager... who are these people of intelligence that were not able to realize his wager was in-complete? (In my first manuscript I wrote just such an article un-aware that it had been written before me. However, when I discovered what Pascal wrote it was easy to see he did not finish the wager.) And so God's Word shows us even in this instance that God Is Rael. <spelling is correct... think about it.... ah heck you probably already have!

As far as the boundaries being extended "after" Armageddon...When I researched scripture on this topic, years ago, I found no validation to the boundaries being extended after Armageddon. Besides the methods i had described prior... the 2 witnesses could easily grant those boundaries be given to fulfill prophecy. As far as the anti-christ extending those boundaries... I do not believe that although I could agree with understanding that the anti-christ could allow those boundaries (already obtained) to stand.

ProphecyStudent... I did not confuse the prophecy with the prophet. i think you do not understand my writing.

I did say that wrong about the boundaries being extended by the anti-christ's peace plan... It should have said... "maintained" not extended...

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
During my research 20 years ago...it was stated that the prophecy of God's Word being preached throughout the world, has been fulfilled.... I strongly agree that this has been accomplished..

Yet it has not... yet been accomplished, for the Mark 13 prophecy about the Testimony Christ's elect are to give for the tribulation time is well written of there, and in the Book of Joel where Peter was quoting from. And those signs Jesus gave there in Mark 13 are the 7 signs of the Seals, Trumpets, and Vials of His Book of Revelation.

VETERAN... in a work by blaise pascal... called pascal's wager (which was soundly defeated in universities) Pascal did not finish the wager... He died young and really i believe never had the chance or insight to be bale to finish it. For he should have concluded (thou there are several missing steps arriving to the conclusion) that it is God's... desire... duty...responsibility... how about: WORD that God will see to it that whosoever seeks him will find him... meaning the reason pascal's wager was defeated is now moot. We have but one creek to span yet....

"If one believes in god but believes in the wrong god when one dies where does one go...." < this is the method by which pascal's wager was defeated... So very infantile!

Such comparisons to Pascal's writings have no place in this matter, for there is ample warning from Christ Jesus and His Apostles about a false one coming to exalt himself above all that is called God, and above all that is worshipped (2 Thess.2). If someone can't figure that out using basic common sense, then comparison to philosopher's writings sure isn't going to help them.