What required for going to Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe that a person must be a member of the Roman Catholic Church in order to go to Heaven?

• Total voters

FellowYellow

Jun 16, 2014
Bristol
God is love, and it stands to reason that we must be capable of living in a world of love (Heaven). Strangely, those who sin don't really want to go to Heaven, because YESHUA is there and they hate YESHUA.

Those who truly love YESHUA also obey Him. They hear His voice. They are also disobedient to commands which are coming from the fallen angels (this is a most important point since society itself is a fallen-angel mind program).

But most so-called Christians are looking for a programme which they can follow by which they will be saved even though they don't follow Him. He will say "I never knew you."

Most people don't know the true Heaven, or the true Saviour. Fallen angels play God (by definition), such that they can promote so-called Christianity. False Christianity abounds, often sounding "factually correct."

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
FellowYellow said:
God is love, and it stands to reason that we must be capable of living in a world of love (Heaven). Strangely, those who sin don't really want to go to Heaven, because YESHUA is there and they hate YESHUA.

Those who truly love YESHUA also obey Him. They hear His voice. They are also disobedient to commands which are coming from the fallen angels (this is a most important point since society itself is a fallen-angel mind program).

But most so-called Christians are looking for a programme which they can follow by which they will be saved even though they don't follow Him. He will say "I never knew you."

Most people don't know the true Heaven, or the true Saviour. Fallen angels play God (by definition), such that they can promote so-called Christianity. False Christianity abounds, often sounding "factually correct."
I like that......good job!

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus gave the greatest commandment that is needed to follow in order to gain life in heaven (Heb. 3:1, as well as on the earth, Matt 5:5), quoting from Deuteronomy 6:5 and telling a Pharisee: "You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ "(Matt 22:37) Now lets break it down to see what this means.

At Colossians 3, the apostle Paul wrote that a person first has to "strip off the old personality with its practices".(Col 3:9) What does this mean ? That habits or practices that God dislikes must be discarded, such what Paul wrote in verse 5: "Deaden, therefore, your body members that are on the earth as respects sexual immorality, uncleanness, uncontrolled sexual passion, hurtful desire, and greediness, which is idolatry."(Col 3:5)

Hence, a person is to abandon any inclination towards the sexual deviancy that is so permissive today such as watching movies (or listen to music) that portray sex between two "consenting adults" as okay, or even has sexual overtones or innuendos. Jesus said that if a man "lusts" (KJV) for a woman that is not his wife (by continuing to look, instead of turning away, Matt 5:28), it would "better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to be pitched in to Gehenna."(Matt 5:29)

He may feel or allow to develop so strong a sexual desire that to control it is likened to cutting off his "right hand" or tearing out his "right eye".(Matt 5:29, 30) He must be willing to go to that length or sacrifice in order to become morally clean, removing "uncontrolled sexual passion" and replacing it with "whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well-spoken-of, whatever things are virtuous, and whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things."(Phil 4:8)

Uncleanness is anything that our Maker, Jehovah God, considers unclean, such as any form of smoking, from cigarettes to cigars to marijuana to what we think (yes, even our thoughts are to be brought "into captivity to make it obedient to the Christ, 2 Cor 10:5) and say. (Jesus said that "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, Matt 12:34)

Paul wrote at 2 Corinthians 7 to "cleanse ourselves of every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."(2 Cor 7:1) Thence, a person has to be morally (clean in one's conduct and thoughts, not having prejudice towards others due to color, ethnicity, or culture), spiritually (clean of any false religious teachings and practices, such as the Trinity, hellfire, immortal soul, clergy-laity division, use of magic and spiritism, Deut 18:10-12, Acts 19:19) and physically clean.

What about "greediness, which is idolatry" ? Greed can manifest itself in love of money, desire for power or gain, or voraciousness for food and drink, sex, or other material things. It can reach a point that greed becomes a god, to satisfy one's desire at all costs, without regard for others and thus become an idol.

At Colossians 3:10, Paul says that after stripping off the "old personality", that they must now "cloth yourselves with the new personality, which through accurate knowledge is being made new according to the image of the One (Jehovah God) who created it."

This often requires a complete or 180 degree turn around for many. The unclean habits and practices that had become so ingrained must be stripped away, such as obscene speech (Eph 5:4), smoking or use of drugs, replacing arrogance with humility (Matt 18:4), showing kindness and love, seeking others advantage (1 Cor 10:24), instead of trying to scam people or even using crude language.

Paul wrote that with the Bible, it can "exert power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul (who people see you as) and spirit (and who you really are), and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart."(Heb 4:12)

Many put on a front of being a "Christian", but God can see what kind of person they really are, such as ones who watches violent or "sexy" movies. David wrote that "Jehovah examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one; He hates anyone who loves violence."(Ps 11:5) And the Psalmist wrote: "Turn my eyes away from looking at what is worthless."(Ps 119:37)

Therefore, a person has to bring their life in harmony with what is "holy" (1 Pet 1:15, 16) to even be considered for the "heavenly calling".(Heb 3:1) Jehovah only chooses those who display the "fruitage of the spirit" (Gal 5:22), and are "no part of the world".(John 15:19)

Anyone who involves themselves in the political arena (2 Cor 10:3, 4), even having a nationalistic feeling (Rev 13:16), anyone who shows a love of money (1 Tim 6:9), anyone who hangs onto any false religious thought or teaching (2 Cor 6:14-18, such as Christmas, Easter, Halloween or any other "holiday" [only the observance of the Lord's Evening meal is established by Jesus, Luke 22;19, 20]), cannot be called by God or be one of his people.

The apostle Peter said that all who are Christian follow in Jesus "footsteps".(2 Pet 2:21) In so doing, Jesus went "from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God."(Luke 8:1) Consequently, all who are called by God for the "heavenly calling", go from "house to house" (Acts 5:42; 20:20) "preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God" and as Jesus told his eleven faithful apostles: "Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you."(Matt 28:19, 20)

Those selected by God to be adopted as "sons of God" (Rom 8:15), do as the apostle Paul wrote to the Romans, quoting from Joel 2:32, that "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”(Rom 10:13) Hence, these ones are in full submission to our Maker, Jehovah God, for Revelation 4 says that these ones "cast their crowns before the throne, saying: "You are worthy, Jehovah our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they came into existence and were created.”(Rev 4:10, 11)

And Jesus told his eleven faithful apostles that "I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”(John 13:34, 35)

Henceforth, all who wants God's blessing has to show agape or self-sacrificing love, not going off to war, for the apostle Paul wrote that "love does not work evil to one’s neighbor; therefore, love is the law’s fulfillment."(Rom 13:10) This rules out the churches of Christendom, for they are at the forefront of sending off their young men to war.

So, for a person to want to go to heaven, these must selected by God.(Matt 20:23; 2 Thess 2:13) But first of all, these has to measure up to his holy requirements, which removes about 99 percent of all those who say they are "Christian". The churches never honor Jehovah, as God said through "a man of God" to Eli: "It is unthinkable, on my part, because those honoring me I will honor, but those despising me will be treated with contempt.” (1 Sam 2:30)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
South Point, Hawaii (Big Island)
Thank you for caring!

Only a head's up. One agapes the Lord God with their all only after one undergoes a valid "born again" experience, or even a little before that at one's 'instant of faith' then one agapes with their alllll.

Old Jack

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If church affiliation is necessary for a person to know and obey Christ, yes, it is necessary for salvation. If a slavish devotion to doctrine and scripture is necessary for a person to know and obey Christ, then yes, both are necessary for salvation. If standing on your head and singing jingle bells is necessary for a person to know and obey Christ, then, once again, it is necessary for salvation. Look at the Amish......that is a lot of gymnastics and bars of jingle bells, people!

Personally, I think devotion to practicing my salvation is enough for a life time.

B

brakelite

Guestman said:
Jesus gave the greatest commandment that is needed to follow in order to gain life in heaven (Heb. 3:1, as well as on the earth, Matt 5:5), quoting from Deuteronomy 6:5 and telling a Pharisee: "You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind.’ "(Matt 22:37) Now lets break it down to see what this means.

At Colossians 3, the apostle Paul wrote that a person first has to "strip off the old personality with its practices".(Col 3:9) What does this mean ? That habits or practices that God dislikes must be discarded, such what Paul wrote in verse 5: "Deaden, therefore, your body members that are on the earth as respects sexual immorality, uncleanness, uncontrolled sexual passion, hurtful desire, and greediness, which is idolatry."(Col 3:5)

Hence, a person is to abandon any inclination towards the sexual deviancy that is so permissive today such as watching movies (or listen to music) that portray sex between two "consenting adults" as okay, or even has sexual overtones or innuendos. Jesus said that if a man "lusts" (KJV) for a woman that is not his wife (by continuing to look, instead of turning away, Matt 5:28), it would "better for you to lose one of your members than for your whole body to be pitched in to Gehenna."(Matt 5:29)

He may feel or allow to develop so strong a sexual desire that to control it is likened to cutting off his "right hand" or tearing out his "right eye".(Matt 5:29, 30) He must be willing to go to that length or sacrifice in order to become morally clean, removing "uncontrolled sexual passion" and replacing it with "whatever things are true, whatever things are of serious concern, whatever things are righteous, whatever things are chaste, whatever things are lovable, whatever things are well-spoken-of, whatever things are virtuous, and whatever things are praiseworthy, continue considering these things."(Phil 4:8)

Uncleanness is anything that our Maker, Jehovah God, considers unclean, such as any form of smoking, from cigarettes to cigars to marijuana to what we think (yes, even our thoughts are to be brought "into captivity to make it obedient to the Christ, 2 Cor 10:5) and say. (Jesus said that "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, Matt 12:34)

Paul wrote at 2 Corinthians 7 to "cleanse ourselves of every defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God."(2 Cor 7:1) Thence, a person has to be morally (clean in one's conduct and thoughts, not having prejudice towards others due to color, ethnicity, or culture), spiritually (clean of any false religious teachings and practices, such as the Trinity, hellfire, immortal soul, clergy-laity division, use of magic and spiritism, Deut 18:10-12, Acts 19:19) and physically clean.

What about "greediness, which is idolatry" ? Greed can manifest itself in love of money, desire for power or gain, or voraciousness for food and drink, sex, or other material things. It can reach a point that greed becomes a god, to satisfy one's desire at all costs, without regard for others and thus become an idol.

At Colossians 3:10, Paul says that after stripping off the "old personality", that they must now "cloth yourselves with the new personality, which through accurate knowledge is being made new according to the image of the One (Jehovah God) who created it."

This often requires a complete or 180 degree turn around for many. The unclean habits and practices that had become so ingrained must be stripped away, such as obscene speech (Eph 5:4), smoking or use of drugs, replacing arrogance with humility (Matt 18:4), showing kindness and love, seeking others advantage (1 Cor 10:24), instead of trying to scam people or even using crude language.

Paul wrote that with the Bible, it can "exert power and is sharper than any two-edged sword and pierces even to the dividing of soul (who people see you as) and spirit (and who you really are), and of joints from the marrow, and is able to discern thoughts and intentions of the heart."(Heb 4:12)

Many put on a front of being a "Christian", but God can see what kind of person they really are, such as ones who watches violent or "sexy" movies. David wrote that "Jehovah examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one; He hates anyone who loves violence."(Ps 11:5) And the Psalmist wrote: "Turn my eyes away from looking at what is worthless."(Ps 119:37)

Therefore, a person has to bring their life in harmony with what is "holy" (1 Pet 1:15, 16) to even be considered for the "heavenly calling".(Heb 3:1) Jehovah only chooses those who display the "fruitage of the spirit" (Gal 5:22), and are "no part of the world".(John 15:19)

Anyone who involves themselves in the political arena (2 Cor 10:3, 4), even having a nationalistic feeling (Rev 13:16), anyone who shows a love of money (1 Tim 6:9), anyone who hangs onto any false religious thought or teaching (2 Cor 6:14-18, such as Christmas, Easter, Halloween or any other "holiday" [only the observance of the Lord's Evening meal is established by Jesus, Luke 22;19, 20]), cannot be called by God or be one of his people.

The apostle Peter said that all who are Christian follow in Jesus "footsteps".(2 Pet 2:21) In so doing, Jesus went "from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God."(Luke 8:1) Consequently, all who are called by God for the "heavenly calling", go from "house to house" (Acts 5:42; 20:20) "preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God" and as Jesus told his eleven faithful apostles: "Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you."(Matt 28:19, 20)

Those selected by God to be adopted as "sons of God" (Rom 8:15), do as the apostle Paul wrote to the Romans, quoting from Joel 2:32, that "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”(Rom 10:13) Hence, these ones are in full submission to our Maker, Jehovah God, for Revelation 4 says that these ones "cast their crowns before the throne, saying: "You are worthy, Jehovah our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they came into existence and were created.”(Rev 4:10, 11)

And Jesus told his eleven faithful apostles that "I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”(John 13:34, 35)

Henceforth, all who wants God's blessing has to show agape or self-sacrificing love, not going off to war, for the apostle Paul wrote that "love does not work evil to one’s neighbor; therefore, love is the law’s fulfillment."(Rom 13:10) This rules out the churches of Christendom, for they are at the forefront of sending off their young men to war.

So, for a person to want to go to heaven, these must selected by God.(Matt 20:23; 2 Thess 2:13) But first of all, these has to measure up to his holy requirements, which removes about 99 percent of all those who say they are "Christian". The churches never honor Jehovah, as God said through "a man of God" to Eli: "It is unthinkable, on my part, because those honoring me I will honor, but those despising me will be treated with contempt.” (1 Sam 2:30)
I agree with Jack. Jack, we agree. Yay!!! Guestman, every one of those points you make are not onoly laudable as a study, but I garee with you taht they are essential for Christian living and entrance into the kingdom of God. No argument. However, Jack makes a very valid point, and one which Jehovah's Witnesses are spiritually blind to. That is, that one must be born again before any of the above are even possible. The corrupt sinful nature of man makes it impossible to please God, to obey Him, to honour Him, or to know Him.

Romans 8 makes it so very very clear that the carnal nature is at enmity with God. It is not subject to the laws of God, and as Paul says, neither indeed can be. Therefore, if as you say (and I agree) that obedience to God's laws are essential for a full satisfying and rewarding relationship with God, thgen the carnal nature must die. There is no other solution.

3 Spiritual laws that govern life.
“For I delight in

Law One: ……….The law of God.

after the inward man”…..(Romans 7:22)
Paul has nothing but love and respect for God’s law. He considers it ‘holy, just and good’. It is Paul’s earnest and deepest desire to honour that law, and to keep all the commandments,
” but I see another law in my members, warring against the law (of God) of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to….” (v23cont.)

Law Two:………..“The law of sin…

“…which is in my members.
Paul delights in obedience, but finds that in the carnal nature resides a law which makes it impossible, the law of sin. Paul confesses his wretchedness and guilt. “Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” he cries.
“I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh, the law of sin.” (vs 25)
But if Paul is bound by the law of sin, despite his best intentions to obey the law of God, how then can he overcome? The answer is just 2 verses later. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For…

Law Three:……….the law of the Spirit of life…

in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:1,2.

Three laws.
  • The law of God which is holy, just, and good.
  • The law of sin which binds the carnal man making it impossible to obey the law of God.
  • The law of the Spirit of life which through the grace and power of God makes it possible for the reborn child of God to obey the law of God, if he relies on and walks after the Spirit and not after the flesh.
The law of sin has no power over them who are completely surrendered to Christ. That is why elsewhere Paul can assert that to those who walk in the Spirit they are transformed by the renewing of their minds, and are recreated into the image of the character of Christ. A character that is obedient and a mind (like Christ’s) which delights in the law of God and rejoices that by faith in the power and grace of God he may be obedient to all the commandments.

Guestman, only by faith in the life altering power of Jesus Christ, your Creator, Redeemer, and Savior, will you find hope of eternal life. You must spiritually die in HIm now, and be spiritually born again of the Holy Spirit
before you have any hope of following any of those criteria on your list. Any attempt to obey any or all of them in your own strength is doomed to failure, frustration, and despair. It is a salvation of works, not of grace or faith. Only as God changes you from the inside out (sanctification) are you able to obey. It is only to those who receive Christ that He gives power to become His children. Your church teaches that one is born again after death. True. But you are waiting for physical death, and my friend, that will be a lifetime too late. Have you been baptized? For that is an outward symbol of an experience already taken place inside. You have died in Christ and been raised in Him. Died, buried, and raised. But any baptism without the real experiential death first is a waste of water.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brakelite said:
I agree with Jack. Jack, we agree. Yay!!! Guestman, every one of those points you make are not onoly laudable as a study, but I garee with you taht they are essential for Christian living and entrance into the kingdom of God. No argument. However, Jack makes a very valid point, and one which Jehovah's Witnesses are spiritually blind to. That is, that one must be born again before any of the above are even possible. The corrupt sinful nature of man makes it impossible to please God, to obey Him, to honour Him, or to know Him.

Romans 8 makes it so very very clear that the carnal nature is at enmity with God. It is not subject to the laws of God, and as Paul says, neither indeed can be. Therefore, if as you say (and I agree) that obedience to God's laws are essential for a full satisfying and rewarding relationship with God, thgen the carnal nature must die. There is no other solution.

3 Spiritual laws that govern life.
“For I delight in

Law One: ……….The law of God.

after the inward man”…..(Romans 7:22)
Paul has nothing but love and respect for God’s law. He considers it ‘holy, just and good’. It is Paul’s earnest and deepest desire to honour that law, and to keep all the commandments,
” but I see another law in my members, warring against the law (of God) of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to….” (v23cont.)

Law Two:………..“The law of sin…

“…which is in my members.
Paul delights in obedience, but finds that in the carnal nature resides a law which makes it impossible, the law of sin. Paul confesses his wretchedness and guilt. “Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” he cries.
“I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh, the law of sin.” (vs 25)
But if Paul is bound by the law of sin, despite his best intentions to obey the law of God, how then can he overcome? The answer is just 2 verses later. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For…

Law Three:……….the law of the Spirit of life…

in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.” Romans 8:1,2.

Three laws.
  • The law of God which is holy, just, and good.
  • The law of sin which binds the carnal man making it impossible to obey the law of God.
  • The law of the Spirit of life which through the grace and power of God makes it possible for the reborn child of God to obey the law of God, if he relies on and walks after the Spirit and not after the flesh.
The law of sin has no power over them who are completely surrendered to Christ. That is why elsewhere Paul can assert that to those who walk in the Spirit they are transformed by the renewing of their minds, and are recreated into the image of the character of Christ. A character that is obedient and a mind (like Christ’s) which delights in the law of God and rejoices that by faith in the power and grace of God he may be obedient to all the commandments.

Guestman, only by faith in the life altering power of Jesus Christ, your Creator, Redeemer, and Savior, will you find hope of eternal life. You must spiritually die in HIm now, and be spiritually born again of the Holy Spirit
before you have any hope of following any of those criteria on your list. Any attempt to obey any or all of them in your own strength is doomed to failure, frustration, and despair. It is a salvation of works, not of grace or faith. Only as God changes you from the inside out (sanctification) are you able to obey. It is only to those who receive Christ that He gives power to become His children. Your church teaches that one is born again after death. True. But you are waiting for physical death, and my friend, that will be a lifetime too late. Have you been baptized? For that is an outward symbol of an experience already taken place inside. You have died in Christ and been raised in Him. Died, buried, and raised. But any baptism without the real experiential death first is a waste of water.
Before anyone is selected for "the heavenly calling" (Heb 3:1), so as to be "born again" (John 3:3), they must first measure up to being "holy, just as I am holy."(1 Pet 1:16; Lev 19:2) No being "holy" in God's eyes, no being "born again" and chosen to serve as "kings and priests".(Rev 1:6, KJV) A surgeon is not given his credentials and then he has to go school, but rather he earns his degree and then becomes qualified as a surgeon.

This is where the churches fail, putting the "horse before the cart", for Jesus said that his genuine disciples are to be "no part of the world."(John 15:19) What does this mean ? That they are to be politically neutral, having no part in the political arena, even by thought.

Revelation 14 says that "if anyone worships the wild beast (Satan's political empire that encompasses all human governments) and its image (originally the League of Nations, that was replaced by United Nations in 1945) and receives a mark on his forehead (giving mental approval to any political government) or on his hand (giving physical assistance to any political government, such as joining the military, running for political office, voting for those in political office or any form of support), he will also drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of His wrath, and he will be (symbolically) tormented with fire and sulfur in the sight of the holy angels and in the sight of the Lamb."(Rev 14:9, 10)

And just with this one point, where has the churches stood ? Both world wars were fought within the confines of Christendom, in which Adolf Hitler as a Catholic, started World War that cost the lives of an estimated 55 million people. The massacre in Rwanda in 1994 that cost the lives of an estimated 800,000 people was fought by those who were practicing Catholics.

In 1914, at the beginning of World War I, the clergy of Christendom gave full support to the war. A detailed discussion of the clergy’s support for World War I is given in the book Preachers Present Arms, by Ray H. Abrams (New York, 1933).

The book states: “The clerics gave the war its passionate spiritual significance and drive. . . . The war itself was a holy war to promote the Kingdom of God upon earth. To give one’s life for his country was to give it for God and His Kingdom. God and country became synonymous. . . . The Germans and the Allies were alike in this respect. Each side believed it had the monopoly on God . . . Most of the theologians had no difficulty whatsoever in placing Jesus in the very forefront of the thickest fighting leading his troops on to victory. . . . The church thereby became part and parcel of the war system. . . . The [church] leaders lost no time in getting thoroughly organized on a war-time basis. Within twenty-four hours after the declaration of war, the Federal Council of the Churches of Christ in America laid plans for the fullest cooperation. . Many of the churches went much further than they were asked. They became recruiting stations for the enlistment of troops.”(Pages 53, 57, 59, 63, 74, 80, 82)

Hence, could Jehovah God choose someone who is "part and parcel" with the political arena that is full of enmity, division and even murder ? The apostle Paul asked: "What fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have ? Or what sharing does light have with darkness ?"(2 Cor 6:14) Can a person be "holy" and have dealings with politics ? No. The contrast is seen as the dark world of politics and the "light" of true worship.

Paul further wrote, quoting from Isaiah 52:11: "Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’”(2 Cor 6:17) No separating from the "world" and no being selected.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Guestman said:
Before anyone is selected for "the heavenly calling" (Heb 3:1), so as to be "born again" (John 3:3), they must first measure up to being "holy, just as I am holy."(1 Pet 1:16; Lev 19:2) No being "holy" in God's eyes, no being "born again" and chosen to serve as "kings and priests".(Rev 1:6, KJV) A surgeon is not given his credentials and then he has to go school, but rather he earns his degree and then becomes qualified as a surgeon.

This is where the churches fail, putting the "horse before the cart", for Jesus said that his genuine disciples are to be "no part of the world."(John 15:19) What does this mean ? That they are to be politically neutral, having no part in the political arena, even by thought.

Revelation 14 says that "if anyone worships the wild beast (Satan's political empire that encompasses all human governments) and its image (originally the League of Nations, that was replaced by United Nations in 1945) and receives a mark on his forehead (giving mental approval to any political government) or on his hand (giving physical assistance to any political government, such as joining the military, running for political office, voting for those in political office or any form of support), he will also drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of His wrath, and he will be (symbolically) tormented with fire and sulfur in the sight of the holy angels and in the sight of the Lamb."(Rev 14:9, 10)

And just with this one point, where has the churches stood ? Both world wars were fought within the confines of Christendom, in which Adolf Hitler as a Catholic, started World War that cost the lives of an estimated 55 million people. The massacre in Rwanda in 1994 that cost the lives of an estimated 800,000 people was fought by those who were practicing Catholics.

In 1914, at the beginning of World War I, the clergy of Christendom gave full support to the war. A detailed discussion of the clergy’s support for World War I is given in the book Preachers Present Arms, by Ray H. Abrams (New York, 1933).

The book states: “The clerics gave the war its passionate spiritual significance and drive. . . . The war itself was a holy war to promote the Kingdom of God upon earth. To give one’s life for his country was to give it for God and His Kingdom. God and country became synonymous. . . . The Germans and the Allies were alike in this respect. Each side believed it had the monopoly on God . . . Most of the theologians had no difficulty whatsoever in placing Jesus in the very forefront of the thickest fighting leading his troops on to victory. . . . The church thereby became part and parcel of the war system. . . . The [church] leaders lost no time in getting thoroughly organized on a war-time basis. Within twenty-four hours after the declaration of war, the Federal Council of the Churches of Christ in America laid plans for the fullest cooperation. . Many of the churches went much further than they were asked. They became recruiting stations for the enlistment of troops.”(Pages 53, 57, 59, 63, 74, 80, 82)

Hence, could Jehovah God choose someone who is "part and parcel" with the political arena that is full of enmity, division and even murder ? The apostle Paul asked: "What fellowship do righteousness and lawlessness have ? Or what sharing does light have with darkness ?"(2 Cor 6:14) Can a person be "holy" and have dealings with politics ? No. The contrast is seen as the dark world of politics and the "light" of true worship.

Paul further wrote, quoting from Isaiah 52:11: "Therefore, get out from among them, and separate yourselves,’ says Jehovah, ‘and quit touching the unclean thing’”; “‘and I will take you in.’”(2 Cor 6:17) No separating from the "world" and no being selected.
Sorry Guestman, but your POV is totally against scripture. We CAN'T earn salvation and we did NOTHING to earn God's redemption. He freely gave, as did His son and we freely received. We are saved by our faith, and must confess Jesus as our savior. Rom 10:9-11 NIV
It matters little how men have done it wrong in the past. It matters very much, that we do it the RIGHT way according to God's written Word and positively responding to Him writing His laws on our hearts. BTW God was NEVER called Jehovah so it appears you may want to consider using a more accurate and up-to-date English translation.

Chopper

Jun 26, 2014
Greenfield, Massachusetts
StanJ said:
Sorry Guestman, but your POV is totally against scripture. We CAN'T earn salvation and we did NOTHING to earn God's redemption. He freely gave, as did His son and we freely received. We are saved by our faith, and must confess Jesus as our savior. Rom 10:9-11 NIV
It matters little how men have done it wrong in the past. It matters very much, that we do it the RIGHT way according to God's written Word and positively responding to Him writing His laws on our hearts. BTW God was NEVER called Jehovah so it appears you may want to consider using a more accurate and up-to-date English translation.
Like the Complete Jewish Bible (CJB) which says Adonai.

B

brakelite

Guestman said:

Okay Guestman, you have two completely different topics going on here.
First, the subject of being born again. I agree with Stan it is not I that is putting the cart before the horse (BTW you got that back to front, or perhaps you got it right) it is the watchtower org. that teaches that you must earn your salvation by good works and by witnessing etc. Salvation is a free gift coming to all and anyone who believes. It is a gift of faith to all, near and far, who call upon the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for forgiveness, and who come to Him with a desire for a new life. God in His grace and faithfulness grants the earnest supplicant what he desires. And the sincere believer receives a new life, becomes a new creature. He is 'born again'. A 'babe' in Christ who then grows and learns obedience maturing after time to one who discerns good and evil and continues to choose the good. He accomplishes this not in his own strength which you advocate, but by the grace and power of the Holy Spirit. This is the process of sanctification. All by faith. All by grace. All by the power of a loving gracious and merciful God who desires we all live an abundant holy sanctified life through Him.

Then the second part of your post, the involvement of churches in war. In this I agree with you. I could go far deeper on this subject, particularly in regards the RCC in various wars (you ommitted for example Vietnam) but that is not the topic under discussion. It is merely a red herring you insertin order to bolster a false argument. Many are the wars that have been fought throughout man's history that were instigated at the behest of the church. This in no way mitigates against anything I have written above. I would add that your sweeping condemnation of the "rest of Christendom" (apart from JWs) totally ignores the fact that there are many individuals in all churches who are totally against war, and refuse to take up arms. The Seventh Day Adventist church is similar to the JWs in which they don't take up arms as a principle,, but their members do not refuse to go to war, rather volunteering to act as medical personell. Several such have been decorated for courage under fire in this capacity. (eg Desmond Doss). Your tirade against war etc is no argument against the need for being born again. It is merely evidence of your total reliance on your own works for salvation.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Indeed, salvation is not earned, but a person has to exercise faith (not just believe), for James wrote: "Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works ? That faith cannot save him, can it ?"(James 2:14)

James now gives an example of faith in action: "If a brother or a sister is lacking clothing and enough food for the day, yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it ? So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead."(James 2:15-17)

James further says: "You believe that there is one God, do you ? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder."(James 2:19) Belief alone will not gain God's approval, for James again says: "But do you care to know, O empty man (yes, anyone who lacks active works that shows his faith in God is indeed "empty" or like a dry well, worthless), that faith without works is useless ?"(James 2:20)

James now gives the example of Abraham: "Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar ? You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works, and the scripture was fulfilled that says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called Jehovah’s friend. You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone."(James 2:21-24)

Abraham proved that he had genuine faith by the willingness to offer up Isaac. In so doing, he is the only person in the Bible among imperfect men to be "called Jehovah's friend" because of his works.(Isa 41:8) Hence, those who are chosen by Jehovah God for the "heavenly calling" must first prove this. The apostle Paul wrote: "We are obligated always to give thanks to God for you, brothers. This is fitting, because your faith is growing exceedingly and the love of each and every one of you is increasing toward one another."(2 Thess 1:3)

Genuine or agape love does not sit on the sidelines, but as James wrote that it is "active" in helping others, especially to know our Maker, Jehovah. Proverbs 15 says: "The lips of the wise spread knowledge, but not so the heart of the stupid one."(Prov 15:7)

Who are really doing this, spreading ' knowledge of God ' throughout their neighborhood, exercising faith ? Not the churches ! These have no works that shows any real faith in God, so as to fulfill Jesus words at Matthew 28: "Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you."(Matt 28:19, 20) This requires "works" in order to make disciples all around the earth, teaching them all that Jesus said.

Are you doing this work as Jesus commanded, going "from house to house" telling others about God's kingdom ?(Matt 24:14; Acts 5:42; 20:20) Or are you just "filing a complaint" without so much as raising one finger to do this assigned work ? (see the principle at Matthew 23:3, 4)

And as for the name Jehovah, this corresponds to the Hebrew Tetragrammaton of YHWH. If the name Jehovah is wrong, then so are all of the other Hebrew names, for ancient Hebrew had no vowels (only 22 consonants), but each of those who knew Hebrew was aware of the vowels needed to correctly pronounce a word or proper name.

For example, if Jehovah is wrong, then what about the name Jehoaddah that means "Jehovah Has Decked Himself " or the name Jehoahaz that means "May Jehovah Take Hold" or the name Jehoiakim that means "Jehovah Raises Up" ? Are you going to erase all the names in the Hebrews Scriptures that contain part of God's name, Jehovah, simply because of your personal bias against God's name ?

The name Jehovah is well established and serves accurately as God's name, even being found in the KJV 4 times and in the original Hebrew almost 7,000 times. Many want to play this "name game", but there is no sound evidence for it and God will soon not allow it.

As God said in Ezekiel, "‘I will certainly sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you profaned among them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among you before their eyes."(Eze 36:23) The churches have profaned God's name, Jehovah, and will pay for this.(Rev 17:16)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you folks for caring!

Only a head's up. Infants only have to do one works of faith confessing goo goo gaa gaa Godman Jesus minus the "revelation."

Adults have to confess not only the Godman Jesus' name as His title, but the "revelation" the title is based upon making sure we have the genuine Jesus aboard (IICor.11:4).

Old Jack that loves that baby talk

B

brakelite

I agree that works testify to faith. The problem guestman is that your faith is centered on your works! It is not focused on Jesus Christ. You are trusting in your belief you have the right 'name' as the basis for your salvation, as opposed to the gift of salvation provided for you by grace apart from your 'works'.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Guestman said:
Indeed, salvation is not earned, but a person has to exercise faith (not just believe), for James wrote: "Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works ? That faith cannot save him, can it ?"(James 2:14)

James now gives an example of faith in action: "If a brother or a sister is lacking clothing and enough food for the day, yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it ? So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead."(James 2:15-17)

James further says: "You believe that there is one God, do you ? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder."(James 2:19) Belief alone will not gain God's approval, for James again says: "But do you care to know, O empty man (yes, anyone who lacks active works that shows his faith in God is indeed "empty" or like a dry well, worthless), that faith without works is useless ?"(James 2:20)

James now gives the example of Abraham: "Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar ? You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works, and the scripture was fulfilled that says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called Jehovah’s friend. You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone."(James 2:21-24)

Abraham proved that he had genuine faith by the willingness to offer up Isaac. In so doing, he is the only person in the Bible among imperfect men to be "called Jehovah's friend" because of his works.(Isa 41:8) Hence, those who are chosen by Jehovah God for the "heavenly calling" must first prove this. The apostle Paul wrote: "We are obligated always to give thanks to God for you, brothers. This is fitting, because your faith is growing exceedingly and the love of each and every one of you is increasing toward one another."(2 Thess 1:3)

Genuine or agape love does not sit on the sidelines, but as James wrote that it is "active" in helping others, especially to know our Maker, Jehovah. Proverbs 15 says: "The lips of the wise spread knowledge, but not so the heart of the stupid one."(Prov 15:7)

Who are really doing this, spreading ' knowledge of God ' throughout their neighborhood, exercising faith ? Not the churches ! These have no works that shows any real faith in God, so as to fulfill Jesus words at Matthew 28: "Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you."(Matt 28:19, 20) This requires "works" in order to make disciples all around the earth, teaching them all that Jesus said.

Are you doing this work as Jesus commanded, going "from house to house" telling others about God's kingdom ?(Matt 24:14; Acts 5:42; 20:20) Or are you just "filing a complaint" without so much as raising one finger to do this assigned work ? (see the principle at Matthew 23:3, 4)

And as for the name Jehovah, this corresponds to the Hebrew Tetragrammaton of YHWH. If the name Jehovah is wrong, then so are all of the other Hebrew names, for ancient Hebrew had no vowels (only 22 consonants), but each of those who knew Hebrew was aware of the vowels needed to correctly pronounce a word or proper name.

For example, if Jehovah is wrong, then what about the name Jehoaddah that means "Jehovah Has Decked Himself " or the name Jehoahaz that means "May Jehovah Take Hold" or the name Jehoiakim that means "Jehovah Raises Up" ? Are you going to erase all the names in the Hebrews Scriptures that contain part of God's name, Jehovah, simply because of your personal bias against God's name ?

The name Jehovah is well established and serves accurately as God's name, even being found in the KJV 4 times and in the original Hebrew almost 7,000 times. Many want to play this "name game", but there is no sound evidence for it and God will soon not allow it.

As God said in Ezekiel, "‘I will certainly sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the nations, which you profaned among them; and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah,’ declares the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, ‘when I am sanctified among you before their eyes."(Eze 36:23) The churches have profaned God's name, Jehovah, and will pay for this.(Rev 17:16)
James is talking about walking or working OUT your salvation, not about the conversion process, at the point of salvation.
As far as the tetragrammaton is concerned, the mistake was converting it to Jehovah. There is no conversion to Jehovah....it is YHWH, which is not meant to be pronounced. English is God or LORD. Jehovah is NOT found in the Hebrew at all, and the KJV rendering is in error.
YHWH is ONLY in the OT, never in the NT.

Guestman

Nov 11, 2009
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
James is talking about walking or working OUT your salvation, not about the conversion process, at the point of salvation.
James is telling us that to gain salvation, a person has to have faith backed by "works." No "works" that shows faith in our Creator, Jehovah God and no salvation. Period. Was Abraham "declared righteous" without so much as lifting a finger ? This is where the churches have failed in pleasing God, just going to a church building and listening to some preacher talk about God, but telling them nothing regarding doing God's will, because he himself is not doing anything to meet the requirements that Jehovah has set. He's in it for the money, it being his "job".

At Luke 13, Jesus exposes the flaw that many have who call themselves "Christian". After he was asked: "Lord, are those being saved few ?" Jesus responded: "Exert yourselves vigorously to get in through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will seek to get in but will not be able."(Luke 13:23, 24) Jesus rules that most who call themselves "Christian" will not measure up to the requirements for God's favor.

Jesus now proceeds to give an illustration about him as a "householder" who has already locked his door, but then some individuals come to him asking him to ' open the door '. Jesus then refuses, telling them "I do not know where you are from", though the ones outside his "door" says that "we ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our main streets".(Luke 13:25, 26)

But Jesus repeats his words to them, though they feel that they are his genuine disciples: "I do not know where you are from. Get away from me, all you workers of unrighteousness!’ "(Luke 13:27) Jesus recognizes that they are not genuine but counterfeit "Christians", and tells them that they are "workers of unrighteousness". Jesus is repulsed by their lack of works that a genuine Christian displays.

What does the word "exert", especially "vigorously", mean ? To just go to a church and listen to a preacher express his views ? What did Jesus mean when he gave the command: "Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you " ?(Matt 28:19, 20)

Can a person either sit at home or go to a church and still obey Jesus words to "make disciples of people of all the nations....teaching them all that Jesus commanded" ? This requires going to people's homes, for Jesus told his apostles: "Into whatever city or village you enter, search out who in it is deserving, and stay there until you leave."(Matt 10:11)

After having having given another illustration regarding a tree that produces "fine fruit" as opposed to one that produces "rotten fruit", Jesus now says: "A good man brings good out of the good treasure of his heart, but a wicked man brings what is wicked out of his wicked treasure."(Luke 6:43-45) What is the "fine fruit" or "good treasure" that a man brings forth ? Is it by just reading the Bible or even going to a church ? No, for Jesus now says: "Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say ?"(Luke 6:46)

Hence, James bring the point about faith home, that "faith without works is dead".(James 2:26)
StanJ said:
As far as the tetragrammaton is concerned, the mistake was converting it to Jehovah. There is no conversion to Jehovah....it is YHWH, which is not meant to be pronounced. English is God or LORD. Jehovah is NOT found in the Hebrew at all, and the KJV rendering is in error.
YHWH is ONLY in the OT, never in the NT.
The Hebrew letters of God's name are YHWH (only consonants, no vowels), but just as the name Juan in Spanish is properly translated as John in English, so likewise YHWH corresponds to JHVH, and that is rendered as Jehovah. Even YHWH that is often rendered as Yahweh is not necessarily correct, for the Hebrew letters have been vowel pointed five different ways (1) Yahweh, (2) Yehowah, (3) Yehwih, (4) Yehwah, (5) Yehowih. So which do you suppose is the proper pronunciation ? Even Hebrew scholars are divided as to which is more accurate.

If the name Jehovah is a mistake, then so is the name Jesus, for both are Latin and both have the first two letters of Je, for the name Jesus means "Jehovah is Salvation". If God's name of Jehovah is wrong then so is the name Jesus. Are you then going to remove it because of your bias toward the personal name Jehovah ?

Are you going to continue to try to erase all the names in the Hebrew Scriptures that contain Jeho, such as Jehoaddad (meaning "Jehovah Has Decked Himself "), Jehoiakim (meaning "Jehovah Raises Up"), Jehoiachin (meaning "Jehovah Has Firmly Established"), Jehoahaz (meaning "Jehovah Has Taken Hold"), Jeremiah (meaning "Jehovah Exalts"), to name just few in which part of God's name is incorporated within a person's personal name ?

Are you going to erase the site of Jehovah-nissi that means "Jehovah is My Signal Pole", as seen at Exodus 17:15 ? Or what about Jehovah-jireh that means "Jehovah Will Provide" at Genesis 22:14 ? Or what about Jehovah-shammah that means "Jehovah Himself Is There" at Ezekiel 48:35 ?

Are you going to rewrite the Bible just because of you prejudice toward God and his personal name of Jehovah ? The Hebrew YHWH is rendered as Ihova in the language Aneityum, as Jehovah in Arawak, as Yehoa' in Awabakal, as Yawe in Bangi, as Jehova' in Benga, Yehovah in Bube, as Jehovah in Chippewa, as Jehova in Croatian, as Jehovah in German, as Iehova in Hawaiian, as Yehova in Logo, as Yehovah in Mohawk, as Jehova in Nandi, to name just a few.

Since there is no consistency among scholars as to how God’s name is to be pronounced, the name Jehovah, though not necessarily accurate, has, for centuries been established as his name. It is used in many Bibles, and has been since William Tyndale used it in his English Bible in 1530. He made the comment: “Iehovah is God’s name . . . Moreover, as oft as thou seist LORD in great letters (except there be any error in the printing) it is in Hebrew Iehovah.”

Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament, Vol. 1, Chicago (1980), p. 13, says: “To avoid the risk of taking God’s name (YHWH) in vain, devout Jews began to substitute the word ’ǎdōnā(y) for the proper name itself. Although the Masoretes left the four original consonants in the text, they added the vowels ē (in place of ǎ for other reasons) and ā to remind the reader to pronounce ’ǎdōnā(y) regardless of the consonants. This feature occurs more than six thousand times in the Hebrew Bible. Most translations use all capital letters to make the title ‘LORD.’ Exceptions are the ASV [American Standard Version] and New World Translation which use ‘Jehovah,’ Amplified [Bible] which uses ‘Lord,’ and JB [The Jerusalem Bible] which uses ‘Yahweh.’ . . . In those places where ’ǎdōnā(y) yhwh occurs the latter word is pointed with the vowels from ’ēlōhim, and the English renderings such as ‘Lord GOD’ arose (e.g. Amos 7:1).”

How do you pronounce the name of the prophet from “Anathoth” ?(Jer 1:1) Most reply with Jeremiah. This is quite different from his Hebrew name of “Yirmeiah´.” Yet, nothing is said of this incorrect pronunciation, since the name Jeremiah is well established in English and serves fine as his name. The vital point is not what pronunciation you use for the Divine Name, whether “Yahweh,” “Jehovah,” or some other as long as the pronunciation is common in your language. What is wrong is to fail to use that name.

How could anyone be identified as God’s people unless they used God’s name ?(Acts 15:14) The Israelites were known as the God’s people and the prophets used his name throughout their writings. When Moses wrote the Pentateuch, God’s name was used there over 1900 times.

If Moses were alive today, and he saw that God’s name had been supplanted with “adonai” or “Lord”, would he feel that this was alright ? Hardly. He would be incensed. There is nothing more unique than a personal name. And Jehovah is God’s personal name that has been in use for centuries.

A "man of God" said to Eli the high priest of Israel over 3,000 years ago that "those honoring me I will honor, but those despising me will be treated with contempt.”(1 Sam 2:30)

shturt678

Feb 9, 2013
Thank you folks for caring!

Only a head's up. God's fulllll name, yet He is one God, yet exists in three Persons, is "Of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost."

Old Jack

btw Jesus is the Godman Jesus' personal name.

Nomad

Post Tenebras Lux
Aug 9, 2009
Philadelphia, PA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
As far as the tetragrammaton is concerned, the mistake was converting it to Jehovah. There is no conversion to Jehovah....it is YHWH, which is not meant to be pronounced. English is God or LORD.
You said:

...YHWH, which is not meant to be pronounced.

Here it is in nutshell. It was this unbiblical superstition that caused a slow morph from YHWH to Jehovah. Vowel marks from "adonai" and "elohim" were eventually added to the tetragrammaton to alert Jewish readers to say "Lord" or "God" when they came to YHWH. This superstition lead to the form "Yehowah" which in turn lead to the Latinized form "Jehovah." It's ironic that those who complain about this bastardized name continue to hold as true the very superstition that caused the error in the first place.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Guestman said:
James is telling us that to gain salvation, a person has to have faith backed by "works." No "works" that shows faith in our Creator, Jehovah God and no salvation. Period. Was Abraham "declared righteous" without so much as lifting a finger ? This is where the churches have failed in pleasing God, just going to a church building and listening to some preacher talk about God, but telling them nothing regarding doing God's will, because he himself is not doing anything to meet the requirements that Jehovah has set. He's in it for the money, it being his "job".
Hence, James bring the point about faith home, that "faith without works is dead".(James 2:26)

The Hebrew letters of God's name are YHWH (only consonants, no vowels), but just as the name Juan in Spanish is properly translated as John in English, so likewise YHWH corresponds to JHVH, and that is rendered as Jehovah. Even YHWH that is often rendered as Yahweh is not necessarily correct, for the Hebrew letters have been vowel pointed five different ways (1) Yahweh, (2) Yehowah, (3) Yehwih, (4) Yehwah, (5) Yehowih. So which do you suppose is the proper pronunciation ? Even Hebrew scholars are divided as to which is more accurate.
If the name Jehovah is a mistake, then so is the name Jesus, for both are Latin and both have the first two letters of Je, for the name Jesus means "Jehovah is Salvation". If God's name of Jehovah is wrong then so is the name Jesus. Are you then going to remove it because of your bias toward the personal name Jehovah ?
Are you going to continue to try to erase all the names in the Hebrew Scriptures that contain Jeho, such as Jehoaddad (meaning "Jehovah Has Decked Himself "), Jehoiakim (meaning "Jehovah Raises Up"), Jehoiachin (meaning "Jehovah Has Firmly Established"), Jehoahaz (meaning "Jehovah Has Taken Hold"), Jeremiah (meaning "Jehovah Exalts"), to name just few in which part of God's name is incorporated within a person's personal name ?
Are you going to erase the site of Jehovah-nissi that means "Jehovah is My Signal Pole", as seen at Exodus 17:15 ? Or what about Jehovah-jireh that means "Jehovah Will Provide" at Genesis 22:14 ? Or what about Jehovah-shammah that means "Jehovah Himself Is There" at Ezekiel 48:35 ?
Are you going to rewrite the Bible just because of you prejudice toward God and his personal name of Jehovah ? The Hebrew YHWH is rendered as Ihova in the language Aneityum, as Jehovah in Arawak, as Yehoa' in Awabakal, as Yawe in Bangi, as Jehova' in Benga, Yehovah in Bube, as Jehovah in Chippewa, as Jehova in Croatian, as Jehovah in German, as Iehova in Hawaiian, as Yehova in Logo, as Yehovah in Mohawk, as Jehova in Nandi, to name just a few.
Since there is no consistency among scholars as to how God’s name is to be pronounced, the name Jehovah, though not necessarily accurate, has, for centuries been established as his name. It is used in many Bibles, and has been since William Tyndale used it in his English Bible in 1530. He made the comment: “Iehovah is God’s name . . . Moreover, as oft as thou seist LORD in great letters (except there be any error in the printing) it is in Hebrew Iehovah.”
Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament, Vol. 1, Chicago (1980), p. 13, says: “To avoid the risk of taking God’s name (YHWH) in vain, devout Jews began to substitute the word ’ǎdōnā(y) for the proper name itself. Although the Masoretes left the four original consonants in the text, they added the vowels ē (in place of ǎ for other reasons) and ā to remind the reader to pronounce ’ǎdōnā(y) regardless of the consonants. This feature occurs more than six thousand times in the Hebrew Bible. Most translations use all capital letters to make the title ‘LORD.’ Exceptions are the ASV [American Standard Version] and New World Translation which use ‘Jehovah,’ Amplified [Bible] which uses ‘Lord,’ and JB [The Jerusalem Bible] which uses ‘Yahweh.’ . . . In those places where ’ǎdōnā(y) yhwh occurs the latter word is pointed with the vowels from ’ēlōhim, and the English renderings such as ‘Lord GOD’ arose (e.g. Amos 7:1).”
How do you pronounce the name of the prophet from “Anathoth” ?(Jer 1:1) Most reply with Jeremiah. This is quite different from his Hebrew name of “Yirmeiah´.” Yet, nothing is said of this incorrect pronunciation, since the name Jeremiah is well established in English and serves fine as his name. The vital point is not what pronunciation you use for the Divine Name, whether “Yahweh,” “Jehovah,” or some other as long as the pronunciation is common in your language. What is wrong is to fail to use that name.
How could anyone be identified as God’s people unless they used God’s name ?(Acts 15:14) The Israelites were known as the God’s people and the prophets used his name throughout their writings. When Moses wrote the Pentateuch, God’s name was used there over 1900 times.
If Moses were alive today, and he saw that God’s name had been supplanted with “adonai” or “Lord”, would he feel that this was alright ? Hardly. He would be incensed. There is nothing more unique than a personal name. And Jehovah is God’s personal name that has been in use for centuries.
A "man of God" said to Eli the high priest of Israel over 3,000 years ago that "those honoring me I will honor, but those despising me will be treated with contempt.”(1 Sam 2:30)
Not HAS to, DOES. Again not to be saved but to maintain their salvic faith. NOT the same thing.

Comparing Hebrew to Spanish is a straw man fallacy. Jesus is from the Greek not Hebrew.
The Hebrew letter for V in the Hebrew alphabet is transliterated as VAV but was never pronounced 'vee'. It was pronounced 'waw'.
The Hebrew letters Yod Hey Vav Hey are properly transliterated as YHWH but never pronounced. The proper way to SAY God's name from the OT was Adonai or to voice it was Hashem(the name).
Bottom line, Jehovah is NOT a proper rendering wherever you may find it. That is simply shown by all the modern English translations that don't ever use it. Only JWs or KJVOs insist on using the incorrect rendering, despite ALL the evidence to the contrary.