What required for going to Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe that a person must be a member of the Roman Catholic Church in order to go to Heaven?

• Total voters

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
I don't see the need to overkill this subject or even come close to arguing and I don't believe we will ever properly solve it until we are face to face with God. Fact is, that both OSAS and Shipwreck are viable options.

Let's look at the facts:

1. A Christian is a lamb in His flock
2. Jesus is a good shepherd, He will not lose any lambs.
3. The heart of an unsaved man is desperately wicked...after their father the devil whose native tongue is lying.
4. The Shepherd will separate the lambs from the wolves in heaven.
5. We are not yet in heaven.

Considerations:

1. Can a lamb become a wolf?
2. Can a wolf think it is a lamb and live peacefully with them?

If someone was continuing in a mortal sin, they could either be shipwrecking their salvation and are en route to hell. Or they were never truly saved and are en route to hell. Both sane / viable options.

I believe in shipwreck for 2 major reasons:

1. Like a spouse in adultery we can rid our hearts of our first love. Jesus said ''what God has joined let man pull asunder'' yet He also says ''sexual immorality is grounds for divorce''. I believe OSAS says we can't be separated as one who is in love can't fathom a divorce.

2. The OT. With God being impartial to the maximum we have to understand that He can't give preference to us today in the means we receive our salvation. The requirements to come to God have always been the same. Bend the knee and repent / have a heart after His. Doing this OT got you into Abraham's bosom. Salvation that they had nothing to do with, was when Jesus came and fetched them.

Conclusion: Mankind is wicked and full of deceit. Nothing that comes out our mouths can be trusted. Everyone wants to be a Christian. Live as you want and still go to heaven. No better deal exists! God judges the mind and the heart. We can only judge by actions as James 1:27. Someone continuing in mortal sin = en route to hell. We can all agree on that!

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
KingJ : I don't see the need to overkill this subject or even come close to arguing ...
then you do :)

KingJ : ... I don't believe we will ever properly solve it until we are face to face with God.
little late at that juncture

Fortunately, it's not a hidden mystery...

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

the will of my Father which is in heaven is the words of Jesus; the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak

Simply put; we live by, and shall be judged by, every word of Jesus; the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: ...

Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed ...

A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.

And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.

And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.

And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. ... He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
IBeMe said:
Nouns are a part of speech typically denoting a person, place, thing, animal or idea. (wikipedia)

To put it in technical terms; nouns don't do stuff, they be stuff.

"work", "deed", "faith", "commandment", (and plurals) are nouns. (1)

"work", "deed", "faith", "commandment": can't save you, can't forgive sins, can't get you to heaven, can't stop you from going to heaven ... can't do anything ... they're nouns.

Grammatically and Scripturally: (nouns don't do anything)
- faith without works is dead (actions)
- works without faith is dead (not being mixed with faith in them that heard it)

Saved By Faith: not without action
- must believe that Jesus is the Son of God
- must admit we are a sinner
- must ask

God has commandments; noun, doesn't do anything
God can punish disobedience.

"works" is a noun; doesn't do anything.
Nouns have a useful purpose in language. I fail to see the point in clarifying what we all already know.

1John 5:11And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13These things I have written to you who believe (verb) in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

But as far as "doing" is concerned, We are given the free gift of life because Jesus "did" the commandments. (Rom.5:15-18) The words "one Man" cannot be any more clear. As well, reconciliation dd not require an action of the flesh on our part. It required the act of accepting the reconciliation, which was His doing, not ours. (2Cor.5:19) God was in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself.

As far as punishment goes, God has put His wrath upon His Son, so that we are spared from it by faith in His promise. However, Jesus promised that He would chasten His own. Chastening is not punishment for wrongdoing. That is called chastisement. Jesus took the chastisement for our peace upon His flesh. Chastening, on the other hand, is harsh correction for the purpose of moral improvement. Two different words with two different meanings.

O, and BTW, next time you are in the woods and come across a bear, don't panic. "Bear" is a noun, so it can't do anything.

HAHAHAHA. I'm still chuckling over your 'profound' revelation about nouns. I will tell you exactly what nouns 'do'. They make conversation possible. Without them, not too many sentences would be coherant....if any at all. (smile).

But seriously...Here is a quote from your post. "work", "deed", "faith", "commandment": can't save you, can't forgive sins, can't get you to heaven,

Now you are disputing with Paul..." Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God" (Rom.5:1) Faith cannot get us into heaven? But to give you the benefit of the doubt, I assume this was all a tongue in cheek way of reminding us that we are to do something to get to heaven. I agree. If I believe (verb) in Jesus for salvation, this is called "faith (noun) in Him". If I work (verb) for my salvation, then this is called unbelief (noun) in Him for salvation. Don't forget, all the rebuke that Paul gave the Galatians had nothing to do with any sin in their midst. It had to do with the reason they were following the law. They were doing it to justify themselves. Therefore Paul said they were estranged from Christ and fallen from grace. (Gal.5:4)

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
williemac: Nouns have a useful purpose...
To understand the Bible, you have to have a basic grammatical understanding.

What you teach is Grammatically and Scripturally erroneous.

Bible: But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Grammar: nouns don't do anything

williemac: Now you are disputing with Paul..." Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God"
You're disputing the Bible, Paul, and grammar.

Bible: faith without works is dead

Paul: But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Yes, we're justified by faith, but not without action on our part.

Not works of the Mosaic Law, not works of our righteousness; but works of faith.

"word of faith" doesn't do anything without action on our part; faith without works is dead.

- you have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God
- you have to understand you are a sinner
- you have to ask

williemac: Faith cannot get us into heaven?
If you believe and do this; and the rest of what Jesus says.

... if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments ...

williemac: "Bear" is a noun, so it can't do anything.
A little knowledge of grammar won't hurt you.

The word "Bear" is a noun; name for an animal.

Nouns don't do anything.

The animal is capable of actions that can cause harm.

williemac: 1John 5:11
Why ignore the rest of what Jesus taught?

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

"if ye do" requires action on our part; faith without works is dead.

williemac: But as far as "doing" is concerned ...
Contrary to what you teach, we have to doeth the will of God.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

No doeth = no cigar.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: ...

Not only do we have to do the doeth, we have to teach others to do the doeth also.

"Faith" is a noun, nouns don't do anything.

If we add doeth to "faith", then good stuff happens; he that doeth the will of my Father, faith, if it hath not works, is dead.

williemac: As far as punishment goes, God has put His wrath upon His Son, so that we are spared from it by faith in His promise. However, Jesus promised ...
The promises are far those that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed ...

Overcomers doeth what the Word says.

williemac: If I work (verb) for my salvation, then this is called unbelief (noun) in Him for salvation

... if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

williemac: If I work (verb) for my salvation, then this is called unbelief (noun) in Him for salvation
It's called 'fake straw-man argument'.

Saved by faith ... then ... Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Why are your teachings always different than what Jesus teaches?

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
IBeMe said:
To understand the Bible, you have to have a basic grammatical understanding.

What you teach is Grammatically and Scripturally erroneous.

Bible: But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Obviously you have no sense of humor. But what you are describing is not a grammar issue. Grammer is about appropriate inflection and syntax in sentence structure, for the purpose of coherant communication. Use another word. You are mis-applying that one.

Works (loosely) defined: "things that are done" . Faith (loosely) defined: "that which is believed". Both of those nouns are the subject of things that are done. So, in saying that nouns don't do anything, verbs don't either, if you want to use that logic. People do things. Nouns "do" verbs. Verbs and nouns are just words used in communication. They have a relationship with each other in a sentence.

As far as faith 'without' works: This is what you are quoting. But it isn't what you are claiming. What you are implying is that if a person's life doesn't measure up to a certain standard, this qualifies as faith "without" works. That would be like saying if a glass is only half full of water, it is without water. Or if the water has some dirt in it, the glass is without water. The standard doesn't determine the quantity. Without is without.

As far as this quote: "If you want to enter life, keep the commandments" . Jesus was speaking to people who were under the covenant of law. This is what the law said. Its purpose was to convince the people that they were falling short and needed a savior. Thus it was their tutor. Jesus was tutoring them.

Why are my teachings different from those of Jesus, you ask? The answer is that they are not. They are exactly the same. Anyone who is lost needs to hear the law so that they can be convinced that they are sinners and need a savior. The law plays a vital role towards the preaching of the gospel. How many sinners were there? EVERYONE! He told the Pharisees, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". In John 7:19, He asked.." Did not Moses give you the law? And yet none of you keeps the law".
When Jesus told that person to keep the commandments to enter into life, He knew full well this man could not fulfill that requirement. There is none righteous (of himself).

Jesus knew exactly what He was doing. He preached the law to condemn them and then foretold of faith. In all of that, He demonstrated grace. He said "neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more". He did NOT say go and sin no more or else I will condemn you. But that is what you have been taught to apply to His character.

He will always say "neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more" Every time, to those who belong to Him. 70x7. This can all be confimred in Jesus' teachings. What you are taught and are sharing, is to pick and choose a few of His teachings and completely ignore the rest.

Jesus met with Paul and chose him to learn and teach the new covenant to the church through his letters.

Rom.10:9,10.....

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
williemac: Grammer is about appropriate inflection and syntax in sentence structure. Use another word. You are mis-applying that one.
Merriam-Webster: 3.b: speech or writing evaluated according to its conformity to grammatical rules

It be OK!

williemac: Works (loosely) defined: "things that are done" . Faith (loosely) defined: "that which is believed". Both of those nouns are the subject of things that are done.
And, don't do anything themselves; because nouns don't do anything.

Thus, Grammatically and Biblically; "faith without works is dead".

"Works" being the accumulated actions.

But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.

He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.

And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.

Whether of them twain did the will of his father?

Grammatically and Biblically; "faith without works is dead".

williemac: What you are implying is that if a person's life doesn't measure up to a certain standard, this qualifies as faith "without" works.
You like to twist what folks say to create a fake straw-man argument.

It's real simple...

God isn't interested in deadbeats.

Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”

God isn't interested in deadbeats? I am not familiar with that passage.
But it is rather you who doesn't like deadbeats. "deadbeat" is a relative term. You are simply comparing yourself with others. Try comparing yourself with God and see how you measure up. Compared to God, everyone is a deadbeat. Fortunately for all of us, He loves His creation. God is love. he so loved the world, He GAVE.... While we were yet sinners, Christ died for the ungodly.

1John 2:1 ...."if anyone sins, we have an advocate with the Father" " All whom I love, I rebuke and chasten"

It seems to me that you have been taught to view God according to His wrath without considering His love, missing half of the equation concerning salvation. Therefore you view only those legalistic parts of the teachings of Jesus and leave out the rest. Sorry, but I will stick to ALL of His teachings.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
williemac: As far as this quote: "If you want to enter life, keep the commandments" . Jesus was speaking to people who were under the covenant of law. This is what the law said. Its purpose was to convince the people that they were falling short and needed a savior. Thus it was their tutor. Jesus was tutoring them.
williemac: Jesus was speaking to people who were under the covenant of law.
Why do you try to contradict the words of Jesus?

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

1. Jesus says the law ended when John's ministry began.
b2. Jesus says since that time the kingdom of God is preached

Contrary to what you say, Jesus says He was preaching the kingdom of God, the Gospel.

williemac: Jesus was speaking to people who were under the covenant of law.
Have you ever actual read the scripture?

The message was given to someone He called to be His disciple.

"... come and follow me."

williemac: When Jesus told that person to keep the commandments to enter into life, He knew full well this man could not fulfill that requirement. There is none righteous (of himself).
You take it up on yourself to speak falsely, for God.

You deny the POWER of God.

With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

[/color=red]Of them which thou gavest me have I lost none.[/color]

williemac: Jesus knew exactly what He was doing. He preached the law to condemn them and then foretold of faith.
Your teachings are anti-words of Jesus.

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached ...

williemac: He said "neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more". He did NOT say go and sin no more or else I will condemn you. But that is what you have been taught to apply to His character.
Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

williemac: He will always say "neither do I condemn you, go and sin no more" Every time, to those who belong to Him.
And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

williemac: This can all be confimred in Jesus' teachings.
[Confirmed FALSE.

And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

williemac: It seems to me that you have been taught to view God according to His wrath without considering His love, missing half of the equation concerning salvation. Therefore you view only those legalistic parts of the teachings of Jesus and leave out the rest. Sorry, but I will stick to ALL of His teachings.
You're trying to steer Christians away from God's love with your anti-words of Jesus teaching.

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

You talk about 'tooty fruity' love.

If you really had any love for your fellow man, you'd encourage them to keep God's commandments.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:8-13
8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.”
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him;
13 for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

This is the gospel message...no additions from men or women are necessary. It is not about membership, it is not about doctrinal belief, it is not about works of the law. Those who teach differently than this are false teachers.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
justaname : This is the gospel message...no additions from men or women are necessary. It is not about membership, it is not about doctrinal belief, it is not about works of the law. Those who teach differently than this are false teachers.
Jesus teaches different!

If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; ...

Christians rejoice to do ALL that Jesus said.

Christians love all the words of Jesus; ALL the words!

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

That way, we'll have peace of soul and live with the comfort of the Holy Spirit abiding in the words of Jesus, The Word Of God.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Rejoicing to do the will of God, which is the words of Jesus; who is The Word Of God: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IBeMe said:
Jesus teaches different!

If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; ...

Christians rejoice to do ALL that Jesus said.

Christians love all the words of Jesus; ALL the words!

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

That way, we'll have peace of soul and live with the comfort of the Holy Spirit abiding in the words of Jesus, The Word Of God.

If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Rejoicing to do the will of God, which is the words of Jesus; who is The Word Of God: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

You are you saying Jesus contradicts scripture, as to which I reply you are mistaken. Sorry, try again.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
justaname : You are you saying Jesus contradicts scripture, as to which I reply you are mistaken. Sorry, try again.
Nope, you're trying to contradict the words of Jesus.

Why don't you want to do ALL that Jesus says?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IBeMe said:
Nope, you're trying to contradict the words of Jesus.

Why don't you want to do ALL that Jesus says?
The fact is you are the one contradicting...the proof is in the last 3 posts. Now you are bringing false accusations against me. Tactics Satan uses...

Do you choose to stand against me in front of God with your false accusations as you are in this forum?

I said nothing against Jesus, yet you accused me. I posted scripture, and scripture and the Word of God will always agree.
I never said I don't want to do "all" that Jesus said, yet you ask me why I don't want to.

Get behind me Satan!

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
justaname : Now you are bringing false accusations against me.
In your own words, you excluded the words of Jesus from the Gospel.

justaname
This is the gospel message...no additions from men or women are necessary. It is not about membership, it is not about doctrinal belief, it is not about works of the law. Those who teach differently than this are false teachers.

You can't exclude any of the words of Jesus from the Gospel, because the words of Jesus is the Gospel.

justaname : Get behind me Satan!
And if a house be divided against itself, that ho disciples use cannot stand.

Satan isn't in the business of trying to convince folks to keep ALL words of Jesus.

This is a part of the Gospel, which you left out.

If ye continue in my word, then are ye my indeed

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IBeMe said:
In your own words, you excluded the words of Jesus from the Gospel.

justaname

You can't exclude any of the words of Jesus from the Gospel, because the words of Jesus is the Gospel.

And if a house be divided against itself, that ho disciples use cannot stand.

Satan isn't in the business of trying to convince folks to keep ALL words of Jesus.

This is a part of the Gospel, which you left out.

If ye continue in my word, then are ye my indeed

Not only do you misrepresent what the bible teaches, you misrepresent what I present. Your tactics have been revealed as for what they are.

8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

The word of faith preached by the apostles is clearly presented in the scripture, and Jesus is included, right in verse 9 bolded for you.
Do you say the apostles of Jesus the Messiah taught contrary to their Master? Is there anything else included in the word of faith, which is the gospel, that is presented by the apostle Paul? Do you or don't you agree with scripture?

Now so as to give a clear biblical presentation of the gospel so you can't attempt to wiggle out with more false accusations:

1 Corinthians 15:1-11

1 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,
2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
5 and that He appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
6 After that He appeared to more than five hundred brethren at one time, most of whom remain until now, but some have fallen asleep;
7 then He appeared to aJames, then to all the apostles;
8 and last of all, as to one untimely born, He appeared to me also.
9 For I am the least of the apostles, and not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.
10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me did not prove vain; but I labored even more than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God with me.
11 Whether then it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed.

Bolded above is the main opening and concluding words given by Paul in this section. This is the gospel, this is scripture. Man need not add nor detract from it at all, less he be condemned.

The full disclosure of this dialogue is in the scriptures as well as our posts. You are either misled and are deceiving people with your false teachings, or you are deceiving others with a purpose. Either way, you are a deceiver.

IBeMe

Jun 17, 2013
justaname : Bolded above is the main opening and concluding words given by Paul in this section. This is the gospel, this is scripture. Man need not add nor detract from it at all, less he be condemned.

The full disclosure of this dialogue is in the scriptures as well as our posts. You are either misled and are deceiving people with your false teachings, or you are deceiving others with a purpose. Either way, you are a deceiver.
If you exclude the words of Jesus, then you aren't a follower of Jesus ... according to Jesus.

If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed

You will be accountable for every word of Jesus.

justaname : This is the gospel message...no additions from men or women are necessary.
You have to add something to it yourself, unless you are determined to defy the commandment if Jesus.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:

You hear me?

Unless you going to ignore God, you have to start teaching everyone to observe all things whatsoever I (Jesus) have commanded you.

So, get started on that right away!

Remember; "observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you"

Jesus says that's what you have to teach, so get on it.

Jesus said, if you don't do what He says then you don't love Him.

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So, do you love Jesus? ... Yes/No?

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:

If Yes, then start telling everyone that they absolutely must observe everything Jesus commanded; everything, don't leave nothing out.

And make it snappy!

Tropical Islander

Dec 20, 2013

that's the difference between the religious folks, and the disciples of Jesus Christ

it seems marginal in today's understanding, but it's not. The delusion is so strong to see oneself as a believer, when in fact we did catch a religious spirit, that convinces us we would be "above that". Rubbish.

Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Once you are too sophisticated to accept that, you really have gone overboard and should come back to the real and true Jesus Christ. Not the modern culture substitute so popular here today.

He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IBeMe said:
If you exclude the words of Jesus, then you aren't a follower of Jesus ... according to Jesus.

You will be accountable for every word of Jesus.

You have to add something to it yourself, unless you are determined to defy the commandment if Jesus.

You hear me?

Unless you going to ignore God, you have to start teaching everyone to observe all things whatsoever I (Jesus) have commanded you.

So, get started on that right away!

Remember; "observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you"

Jesus says that's what you have to teach, so get on it.

Jesus said, if you don't do what He says then you don't love Him.

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So, do you love Jesus? ... Yes/No?

If Yes, then start telling everyone that they absolutely must observe everything Jesus commanded; everything, don't leave nothing out.

And make it snappy!

In this it is apparent you are content to misrepresent what Jesus says. It is also apparent you are content to distort the gospel.

James 3:1
1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

I will pray for you.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
justaname said:
In this it is apparent you are content to misrepresent what Jesus says. It is also apparent you are content to distort the gospel.

James 3:1
1 Let not many of you become teachers, my brethren, knowing that as such we will incur a stricter judgment.

I will pray for you.
I have been trying to say this to him for quite some time, now. Good luck.

He seems content to tell everyone to do the right things for the wrong reasons. He seems to think that just because someone disagrees with his intepretation, they don't want to obey Jesus.

But what he misses is that we love Him because He first loved us, and NOT because He is threatening to throw us out if we mess up. Gospel means good news. His good news is that God got tired of letting His people off the hook with all those yearly sacrifices, so He switched things up so that one sacrifice was made one time, so that everyone gets one chance at forgiveness, and after that, no more Mr. Nice Guy. I wonder just what he thinks grace is, anyway.

He came up with this "noun vs. verb" nonesense to show us how clever he is. Well, here is what Paul says about that; Rom. 4:4,5 ..." Now to him who works (verb), the wages are not counted as grace but debt. But to him who does not work (verb), but believes (verb) on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith (noun) is accounted as righteousness"

blessings, Howie