What should be the Christian's Response to the Homosexual?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were all born with sin in our hearts and carnality and in a fallen world, so I believe we are all capable of being homosexual. Jesus said the spirit is willing and the flesh is weak so obviously if we follow our fleshly bodies alone it could be possible for us to fall into error just like those people who are homosexual and reject the Bible period. Imagine how hard it must be for the homosexuals who are not born again yet. Imagine how strong that temptation would be ..one of the fruits of the spirit is self control..so if we don't have the holy spirit yet how would we be able to control that temptation? I won't lie I know sometimes I feel tempted by many things even girls...but there's a lot that goes into it but mainly us being in fleshly weak sinful bodies....I believe we are capable of every sin even murder and theft...it depends what you follow and let rule over your hearts

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PROVERBS 22:6 KJV "Train up a child in the way he should ...
PROVERBS 22:6 KJV "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6 Context. 3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished. 4 By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life. 5 Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them. 6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. 7 The ...

We were all born with sin in our hearts and carnality so I believe we are all capable of being homosexual.

Proverbs 22:15 KJV: Foolishness is bound in the heart of a ...
Proverbs 22:15 KJV: Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. Darby Bible Translation Folly is bound in the heart of a child; the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. World English Bible Folly is bound up in the heart of a child: the rod of discipline drives it far from him. Young's Literal ...

Jennifer Augustine

Mar 27, 2020
Marksville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PROVERBS 22:6 KJV "Train up a child in the way he should ...
PROVERBS 22:6 KJV "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
Proverbs 22:6 Context. 3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished. 4 By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life. 5 Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them. 6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. 7 The ...

Proverbs 22:15 KJV: Foolishness is bound in the heart of a ...
Proverbs 22:15 KJV: Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. Darby Bible Translation Folly is bound in the heart of a child; the rod of correction shall drive it far from him. World English Bible Folly is bound up in the heart of a child: the rod of discipline drives it far from him. Young's Literal ...
Parents are responsible for thier actions as much as the child. We are all under God's authority whether child or parent we all fall short...we will all be corrected by God...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now you bear false witness.
Go figure.
When a man calls another man a sinner, he is making an accusation, also judging that man, that makes you an accuser, it is plain fact. We are not God, no matter what any man thinks.

Reactions: Willie T

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a man calls another man a sinner, he is making an accusation, also judging that man, that makes you an accuser, it is plain fact. We are not God, no matter what any man thinks.
So?
Wrong again.
When God calls someone a sinner,
when God says something is a sin,
those who abide in Jesus agree with God,
and do not agree with such a man as you.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
11 "But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree: "

Reactions: Heart2Soul

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So?
Wrong again.
When God calls someone a sinner,
when God says something is a sin,
those who abide in Jesus agree with God,
and do not agree with such a man as you.

You so missed the point, so wanting to have some one to condemn that you cant see. So you condemn yourself, must make you feel so good inside.. and no you dont agree with God, do you know that all "christians" in church are comitting a "homosexual act, because when a woman, "the bide of Christ" is joined to another woman" the harlot" it is an offense to God,but I will leave you to your condemning the world.

Reactions: Helen

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that we cannot love him (or her) or pray for him (her). Homosexuality is a sin and like any other sin, it needs to be dealt with in the only way possible. It needs to be laid at the cross, repented of, and never done again. As a Christian, you should pray for the salvation of the homosexual the same you would any other person in sin. The homosexual is still made in the image of God -- even though he is in grave sin. Therefore, you should show him same dignity as anyone else you come in contact with. However, this does not mean that you are to approve of their sin. Don't compromise your witness for a socially acceptable opinion that is void of godliness.

As one who has been involved in this issue for over 30 years, I cannot really understand what it is you are getting at that is different from the other threads about this topic. It is a subject that has been done to death already, so unless you have something new to add to what has already been said, enough said.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What should be the Christian's Response to the Homosexual?

RlFxRsV.gif

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I catch you stealing and I tell you it is a sin to steal I am judging you?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The act of homosexuality....
Do you know every day you come here and lead people into idolatry and teach people lies, well the consequence is the same "death".

Joh_9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know every day you come here and lead people into idolatry and teach people lies, well the consequence is the same "death".

Joh_9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
Did you know every day you come here and lead people into idolatry and teach people lies the consequence is the same "death".

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Soooo you disagree with me that the act of homosexuality is a sin?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We were all born with sin in our hearts and carnality and in a fallen world, so I believe we are all capable of being homosexual. Jesus said the spirit is willing and the flesh is weak so obviously if we follow our fleshly bodies alone it could be possible for us to fall into error just like those people who are homosexual and reject the Bible period. Imagine how hard it must be for the homosexuals who are not born again yet. Imagine how strong that temptation would be ..one of the fruits of the spirit is self control..so if we don't have the holy spirit yet how would we be able to control that temptation? I won't lie I know sometimes I feel tempted by many things even girls...but there's a lot that goes into it but mainly us being in fleshly weak sinful bodies....I believe we are capable of every sin even murder and theft...it depends what you follow and let rule over your hearts
I was sharing with someone how Christian's commit murder with their words. The Bible says the most powerful weapon in the world are the words of our mouth, blessings and curses are both proceeding out of the same mouth, we will he judged for every idle word we speak, death and life are in the power of the tongue.....just a few scriptures....
So how blind we are to think that one who steals or commits murder or adultery or homosexuality are worse sinners than we ourselves are who speak hate and anger and accusations and insults and slander upon our fellow brethren.