What was the date of the Crucifixion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What of grammatical scriptural support, which clearly identifies Messiah as the prince in Daniel 9:26, and Messiah as the "he's" in Daniel 9:27; and thus an historically fulfilled 70th week?

Despite the appraisal foretold via truncated past participle pronoun conversion.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I commend you for not attempting to deny the grammatical aspect.
Maybe when I have more time. I think enough has be proven already with facts of the scripture as far as the year Christ died and the remaining 70th week of Daniel.

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Please feel free to carry on. It's about time we get on to what Calander was used so your 30 AD date will work.

Im going to leave this thread for any who want to keep discussing how Passover worked. There is more historical data in the Bible pointing to 30 AD and Ill be going through these on 'What was the date of the Crucifixion 2'

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's a nice explanation and all and I certainly understand what you are saying. Here is the problem with your point of view.

John 9
14 And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour: and he saith unto the Jews, Behold your King!
Here is the problem with your view: Because you have started with the premise that whatever you discover must confirm AD33, you have completely missed the fact that John completely agrees with the synoptic gospel accounts. So I've traced it for you, introduction Luke, and then tracing it in John:

Luke 22
1 And the Feast of Unleavened Bread, which is called the Passover, drew near.
2 And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill Him, for they feared the people.
3 And Satan entered into Judas, surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the Twelve.
4 And going, he talked with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray Him to them.

7 And the day of the Unleavened Bread came, when the passover must be killed.
8 And He sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare the passover for us, so that we may eat.
9 And they said to Him. Where do You desire that we prepare?

NOW LET'S TRACE IT IN JOHN:

John 12
1 Then, six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus was (who had died, whom He raised from the dead).
2 Then they made a supper there for Him. And Martha served, but Lazarus was one of those reclining with Him.

12 On the next day, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, a great crowd who had come to the Feast
13 took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him. And they cried, Hosanna! "Blessed is the King of Israel who comes in the name of the Lord!"
14 And finding an ass colt, Jesus sat on it; as it is written,
15 "Fear not, daughter of Zion; behold, your King comes sitting on the foal of an ass."

John 13
1 And before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come when He should depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own in the world, He loved them to the end.
2 And when supper had ended, the Devil now having put into the heart of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon to betray Him,

John tells us further down below in the same chapter which supper he is talking about:

18 I do not speak of you all; I know whom I have chosen; but that the Scripture might be fulfilled, "He who eats bread with me has lifted up his heel against me."
19 From now I tell you before it comes, so that when it happens you may believe that I AM.

25 And lying on Jesus' breast, he said to him, Lord, who is it?
26 Jesus answered, It is he to whom I shall give the morsel when I have dipped it. And dipping the morsel, He gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
27 And after the morsel, then Satan entered into him. Then Jesus said to him, What you do, do quickly.
28 But no one reclining knew for what reason He spoke this to him.
29 For some thought, because Judas had the moneybag, that Jesus had said to him, Buy what we have need of for the feast; or that he should give something to the poor.
30 He then, having received the morsel, went out immediately. And it was night.

.. And when supper had ended, the Devil now having put into the heart of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon to betray Him (John 13:2).

31 Then when he had left, Jesus said, Now the Son of man is glorified, and God is glorified in him.
32 If God is glorified in Him, God shall also glorify Him in Himself, and shall immediately glorify Him.

Then, from John Chapter 13 through 16, Jesus is giving his disciples final instructions, and final teaching. Then, in Chapter 16, we read that He says,

John 16
32 Behold, the hour comes, yea, has now come, that you will be scattered, each man to his own things, and you will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.

John 17
1 Jesus spoke these words and lifted up His eyes to Heaven and said, Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son so that Your Son also may glorify You.

John 18
1 Having spoken these words, Jesus went out with His disciples over the winter stream Kidron, where there was a garden. He and His disciples entered into it.
2 And Judas who betrayed Him also knew the place. For Jesus oftentimes went there with His disciples.
3 Then Judas, having received a band and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns and torches and weapons.
4 Then Jesus, knowing all things that were coming upon Him, went out and said to them, Whom do you seek?
5 They answered Him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus said to them, I AM! And Judas who betrayed Him also stood with them.

It was after the last Passover meal that Jesus ate with His disciples, the same night. He ate the Passover after the lamb had been slaughtered at twilight on 14 Nisan, as the law required, and as was the practice of the Jews. The first hours after nightfall was 15 Nisan.

John 18
26 One of the servants of the high priest, being kinsman to him whose ear Peter cut off, said, Did I not see you in the garden with him?
27 Peter then denied again. And immediately a cock crowed.

What time did the cock crow, do you think?

28 Then they led Jesus from Caiaphas into the praetorium. And it was early. And they did not go into the praetorium, that they should not be defiled, and that they might eat the Passover.

(Luke 22)

2 And the chief priests and scribes sought how they might kill Him, for they feared the people.

John 18

29 Then Pilate went out to them and said, What charge do you bring against this man?
30 They answered and said to him, If he were not an evildoer, then we would not have delivered him up to you.

38 Pilate said to Him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews and said to them, I find no fault in him.
39 But you have a custom that I should release one to you at the Passover. Then do you desire that I release to you the king of the Jews?
40 Then they all cried again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas! But Barabbas was a robber.

John 19
13 Then when Pilate heard that saying, he brought Jesus out and sat down in the judgment seat at a place called the Pavement (but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha).
14 And it was the preparation of the Passover, and about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews, Behold your king!

(Luke 22)

John 19
30 Then when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, It is finished! And He bowed His head and gave up the spirit.
31 Then the Jews, because it was Preparation, begged Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away, so that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the sabbath. For that sabbath was a high day.

(Luke 22)

8 And He sent Peter and John, saying, Go and prepare the passover for us, so that we may eat.

So as you can see, the problem with your view is that because you have started with the premise that whatever you discover must confirm AD33, you have completely missed the fact that John completely agrees with the synoptic gospel accounts.

Reactions: Christian Gedge

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hello Fullness,

how bout these facts:

On Thursday evening, during the evening twilight, the beginning of Nisan 14,
when 'the hour had come' as proscribed by Moses,
Jesus our Lord and High Priest
offered Himself as our paschal Lamb in the form of bread and wine.
'this is My Body, take and eat'

On Friday afternoon (still Nisan 14) Jesus was crucified, died and was laid in a tomb
before sundown (the start of Nisan 15)

Pax et Bonum
The twilight that ends 13 Nisan and begins 14 Nisan is not prescribed in the law of Moses for the date Jews observe the Passover meal. They Jews will never observe Passover meal after the nightfall of 13 Nisan that begins 14 Nisan. They only do so after twilight on 14 Nisan, after the nightfall that begins 15 Nisan.

That's the law of Moses. You're inventing your own law.

I answered the rest here:

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They Jews will never observe Passover meal after the nightfall of 13 Nisan that begins 14 Nisan. They only do so after twilight on 14 Nisan, after the nightfall that begins 15 Nisan

Who do you think had it right, Jesus? Or the Jews that killed Him?

Moses proscribes killing the passover Lamb in the evening twilight Nissan 14th. Evening begins the 14th!

Try again..

Pax et Bonum

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Who do you think had it right, Jesus? Or the Jews that killed Him?

Moses proscribes killing the passover Lamb in the evening twilight Nissan 14th. Evening begins the 14th!

Try again..

Pax et Bonum
Why did Jesus take the unleavened bread and hand it to His disciples saying, "Take, eat, this is my body", do you suppose? Why not the flesh of the Passover lamb?

It's obvious now that you will continue to pretend the facts are not facts, but that your false assumptions are facts, regardless of being quoted biblical scripture over and over, and in detail, so I won't need to converse with you on this anymore.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why did Jesus take the unleavened bread and hand it to His disciples saying, "Take, eat, this is my body", do you suppose? Why not the flesh of the Passover lamb?

Hello Fullness,

Because HE is our Paschal Lamb, and we must eat Him!

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.

For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding Feast of the Lamb of God!

Pax et Bonum

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The twilight that ends 13 Nisan and begins 14 Nisan is not prescribed in the law of Moses for the date Jews observe the Passover meal. They Jews will never observe Passover meal after the nightfall of 13 Nisan that begins 14 Nisan. They only do so after twilight on 14 Nisan, after the nightfall that begins 15 Nisan.

That's the law of Moses. You're inventing your own law.

I answered the rest here:

What verse states bread and wine is a Passover supper? Jesus was tried before the Sanhedren in the cover of darkness on the 14th, so they could prepare themselves their own Passover that same day. They did nothing on the 15th, because Jesus was already in the tomb. Then on the 16th they remembered that Jesus claimed He would raise the 3rd day. So they went to Pilate and begged the tomb sealed and guarded.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the problem with your view: Because you have started with the premise that whatever you discover must confirm AD33, you have completely missed the fact that John completely agrees with the synoptic gospel accounts. So I've traced it for you, introduction Luke, and then tracing it in John:

Luke 22
3 And Satan entered into Judas, surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the Twelve.
4 And going, he talked with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray Him to them.

NOW LET'S TRACE IT IN JOHN:

John 12
1 Then, six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany, where Lazarus was (who had died, whom He raised from the dead).
2 Then they made a supper there for Him. And Martha served, but Lazarus was one of those reclining with Him.

12 On the next day, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, a great crowd who had come to the Feast
13 took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him. And they cried, Hosanna! "Blessed is the King of Israel who comes in the name of the Lord!"
14 And finding an ass colt, Jesus sat on it; as it is written,
15 "Fear not, daughter of Zion; behold, your King comes sitting on the foal of an ass."

John 13
1 And before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come when He should depart out of this world to the Father, having loved His own in the world, He loved them to the end.
2 And when supper had ended, the Devil now having put into the heart of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon to betray Him,

John tells us further down below in the same chapter which supper he is talking about:

18 I do not speak of you all; I know whom I have chosen; but that the Scripture might be fulfilled, "He who eats bread with me has lifted up his heel against me."
19 From now I tell you before it comes, so that when it happens you may believe that I AM.

25 And lying on Jesus' breast, he said to him, Lord, who is it?
26 Jesus answered, It is he to whom I shall give the morsel when I have dipped it. And dipping the morsel, He gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
27 And after the morsel, then Satan entered into him. Then Jesus said to him, What you do, do quickly.
28 But no one reclining knew for what reason He spoke this to him.
29 For some thought, because Judas had the moneybag, that Jesus had said to him, Buy what we have need of for the feast; or that he should give something to the poor.
30 He then, having received the morsel, went out immediately. And it was night.

.. And when supper had ended, the Devil now having put into the heart of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon to betray Him (John 13:2).

31 Then when he had left, Jesus said, Now the Son of man is glorified, and God is glorified in him.
32 If God is glorified in Him, God shall also glorify Him in Himself, and shall immediately glorify Him.

Then, from John Chapter 13 through 16, Jesus is giving his disciples final instructions, and final teaching. Then, in Chapter 16, we read that He says,

John 16
32 Behold, the hour comes, yea, has now come, that you will be scattered, each man to his own things, and you will leave Me alone. And yet I am not alone, because the Father is with Me.

John 17
1 Jesus spoke these words and lifted up His eyes to Heaven and said, Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son so that Your Son also may glorify You.

John 18
1 Having spoken these words, Jesus went out with His disciples over the winter stream Kidron, where there was a garden. He and His disciples entered into it.
2 And Judas who betrayed Him also knew the place. For Jesus oftentimes went there with His disciples.
3 Then Judas, having received a band and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, came there with lanterns and torches and weapons.
4 Then Jesus, knowing all things that were coming upon Him, went out and said to them, Whom do you seek?
5 They answered Him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus said to them, I AM! And Judas who betrayed Him also stood with them.

It was after the last Passover meal that Jesus ate with His disciples, the same night. He ate the Passover after the lamb had been slaughtered at twilight on 14 Nisan, as the law required, and as was the practice of the Jews. The first hours after nightfall was 15 Nisan.

John 18
26 One of the servants of the high priest, being kinsman to him whose ear Peter cut off, said, Did I not see you in the garden with him?
27 Peter then denied again. And immediately a cock crowed.

What time did the cock crow, do you think?

28 Then they led Jesus from Caiaphas into the praetorium. And it was early. And they did not go into the praetorium, that they should not be defiled, and that they might eat the Passover.

(Luke 22)

John 18

29 Then Pilate went out to them and said, What charge do you bring against this man?
30 They answered and said to him, If he were not an evildoer, then we would not have delivered him up to you.

38 Pilate said to Him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews and said to them, I find no fault in him.
39 But you have a custom that I should release one to you at the Passover. Then do you desire that I release to you the king of the Jews?
40 Then they all cried again, saying, Not this man, but Barabbas! But Barabbas was a robber.

John 19
13 Then when Pilate heard that saying, he brought Jesus out and sat down in the judgment seat at a place called the Pavement (but in the Hebrew, Gabbatha).
14 And it was the preparation of the Passover, and about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews, Behold your king!

(Luke 22)

John 19
30 Then when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, It is finished! And He bowed His head and gave up the spirit.
31 Then the Jews, because it was Preparation, begged Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away, so that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the sabbath. For that sabbath was a high day.

(Luke 22)

So as you can see, the problem with your view is that because you have started with the premise that whatever you discover must confirm AD33, you have completely missed the fact that John completely agrees with the synoptic gospel accounts.

Jesus knew His hour had come BEFORE the feast of Passover.

1 And before the feast of the Passover, when Jesus knew that His hour had come

Jesus died on Passover, as he died on the day of preparation of the Passover.

14 And it was the preparation of the Passover, and about the sixth hour.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

The entire seven-day feast was called the Passover. The gospels tell you so. I emboldened it and highlighted it in red.

It's now become obvious (to me, anyway) that the reason why you refuse to acknowledge what is given you in plain text in the gospels - and in Daniel 9:24-27 - is because it's causing the foundation of sand that you built your theological and eschatological sandcastle on, to come crashing down after being exposed as mud by the high tide of scripture that has begun to wash it all away.

So it would be nice if you stopped disrupting CG's threads by yelling "False Teaching! False Teaching!" "Fire! Fire!" or whatever else it is you were yelling, and get back to a normal way of saying what you disagree with, and why you disagree with it.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The entire seven-day feast was called the Passover. The gospels tell you so. I emboldened it and highlighted it in red.

It's now become obvious (to me, anyway) that the reason why you refuse to acknowledge what is given you in plain text in the gospels - and in Daniel 9:24-27 - is because it's causing the foundation of sand that you built your theological and eschatological sandcastle on, to come crashing down after being exposed as mud by the high tide of scripture that has begun to wash it all away.

So it would be nice if you stopped disrupting CG's threads by yelling "False Teaching! False Teaching!" "Fire! Fire!" or whatever else it is you were yelling, and get back to a normal way of saying what you disagree with, and why you disagree with it.
Anything which invalidates the 70th week decapitation elicits a predictable reaction from its subscribers.

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Bump
@The Light

Reactions: Zao is life

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 13

John 19

Jesus died on Passover the 14th of Nisan AD 33. That is April 3, 33 AD. He died at 3pm on the day of preparation of the Passover.