What was the date of the Crucifixion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the unsound reactions prove the unsound foundation.

John 2
13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:

15 And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

Unsound reaction?

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anything which invalidates the 70th week decapitation elicits a predictable reaction from its subscribers.
The blind seem to have problems accepting the written Word of God. The Messiah is cut off after the 69th week, JUST AS THE WORD SAYS.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The blind seem to have problems accepting the written Word of God. The Messiah is cut off after the 69th week, JUST AS THE WORD SAYS.
Certainly. Messiah was cut off after the 69th week, as you agree. The week after the 69th is the 70th.

"He" in Daniel 9:27 is Messiah. Scripturally, historically, and grammatically.

Are you planning to address the grammatical evidence?

Last edited:
Reactions: Zao is life

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Certainly. Messiah was cut off after the 69th week, as you agree. The week after the 69th is the 70th.

Not really. Not something I want to waste my time on.

But I am wondering who are the people of the prince that shall come?

Daniel 9:26 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not really. Not something I want to waste my time on.

Daniel 9:26 26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Why would you think that the grammar of Scripture is a waste of time?

Both Romans and Jews. Messiah's people who were His servants of judgment and destruction.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

@The Light
What grammar? After June comes June. After the 69th week comes the 69th week.

The Messiah:
verse 26: And after sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself.
verse 27: And he (Messiah) shall confirm a covenant with many for one week. And in the midst of the week he (Messiah) shall cause the sacrifice and the offering to cease.

City & Sanctuary:
verse 26: And the people of the ruler who shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. And the end of it shall be with the flood, and ruins are determined, until the end shall be war.
verse 27: and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate,
even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Don't you know that the 69th week follows the 69th week?

Last edited:

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@The Light
What grammar? After June comes June. After the 69th week comes the 69th week.

The Messiah:
verse 26: And after sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself.
verse 27: And he (Messiah) shall confirm a covenant with many for one week. And in the midst of the week he (Messiah) shall cause the sacrifice and the offering to cease.

City & Sanctuary:
verse 26: And the people of the ruler who shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. And the end of it shall be with the flood, and ruins are determined, until the end shall be war.
verse 27: and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate,
even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Don't you know that the 69th week follows the 69th week?

First let me ask you this question.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
First let me ask you this question.

So you're giving me bait that I don't want to bite because I have a feeling you're just going to "not so" my answer. So I'm reluctantly answering your post, but here goes anyway ..

Josephus tells you all about those people. Now you tell me who you believe they were or will be.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're giving me bait that I don't want to bite because I have a feeling you're just going to "not so" my answer. So I'm reluctantly answering your post, but here goes anyway ..

Josephus tells you all about those people. Now you tell me who you believe they were or will be.

It's not a trick question I'm just trying to kill two birds with one stone. Who are the people of the prince that will destroy the city and the sanctuary? If you don't want to answer, that's ok but I don't want to waste a bunch of time when we can shortcut the issue.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was the date of the crucifixtion .
That is the title of this thread .
And my answer is , I have no idea . BUT IT DID HAPPEN and PRAISE GOD FOR HIS MERCY GIVEN US IN CHRIST .
SO while i have no idea what the actual date was , I KNOW IT HAPPENED and I KNOW WHY IT HAPPENED .
Now lift those hands peoples and let the glorious LORD BE PRAISED and THANKED CONTINUOUSLY .

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's not a trick question I'm just trying to kill two birds with one stone. Who are the people of the prince that will destroy the city and the sanctuary? If you don't want to answer, that's ok but I don't want to waste a bunch of time when we can shortcut the issue.
I thought that saying that Josephus tells you about those people did answer the question. Josephus wrote about Rome's destruction of the city and sanctuary. I think it was Titus, son of Vespasian who destroyed the city. He was not Caesar yet but became Caesar soon afterwards - so he was a prince of the people who were still (at the time Daniel wrote) to come.

Now please tell me who you think he is.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What was the date of the crucifixtion .
That is the title of this thread .
And my answer is , I have no idea . BUT IT DID HAPPEN and PRAISE GOD FOR HIS MERCY GIVEN US IN CHRIST .
SO while i have no idea what the actual date was , I KNOW IT HAPPENED and I KNOW WHY IT HAPPENED .
Now lift those hands peoples and let the glorious LORD BE PRAISED and THANKED CONTINUOUSLY .
Amen. I do believe Chris' timeline is correct, though. It's well backed up.

Reactions: amigo de christo

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought that saying that Josephus tells you about those people did answer the question. Josephus wrote about Rome's destruction of the city and sanctuary. I think it was Titus, son of Vespasian who destroyed the city. He was not Caesar yet but became Caesar soon afterwards - so he was a prince of the people who were still (at the time Daniel wrote) to come.

Now please tell me who you think he is.
I think the event has not happened as of yet. The prince that shall come is the 7th king, the rider on the white horse of the 1st seal. He is a king of the North. The Temple that is destroyed has not been built as of yet, but it soon will be. I believe Israel just received 5 red heifers that are used for purification. Since the prince is a king of the North, the people that are his people are obviously of the kingdom of the North.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you think that the grammar of Scripture is a waste of time?

Both Romans and Jews. Messiah's people who were His servants of judgment and destruction.
How can you have two different people when we know the bloodlines of the Messiah. Also, that would make no sense that the people of Jesus are the Romans.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can you have two different people when we know the bloodlines of the Messiah. Also, that would make no sense that the people of Jesus are the Romans.
Nothing to do with bloodlines, and everything to do with servants of God's purposes.

Jeremiah 43
10 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will send and take Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will set his throne upon these stones that I have hid; and he shall spread his royal pavilion over them.
11 And when he cometh, he shall smite the land of Egypt, and deliver such as are for death to death; and such as are for captivity to captivity; and such as are for the sword to the sword.

The pagan Nebuchadrezzar (and his armies) were God's servants, His people, to smite Egypt.

The pagan Roman armies, together with the Jews (e.g. Zealots), were Messiah's servants, His people, to destroy Jerusalem.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing to do with bloodlines, and everything to do with servants of God's purposes.

Jeremiah 43
10 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will send and take Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will set his throne upon these stones that I have hid; and he shall spread his royal pavilion over them.
11 And when he cometh, he shall smite the land of Egypt, and deliver such as are for death to death; and such as are for captivity to captivity; and such as are for the sword to the sword.

The pagan Nebuchadrezzar (and his armies) were God's servants, His people, to smite Egypt.

The pagan Roman armies, together with the Jews (e.g. Zealots), were Messiah's servants, His people, to destroy Jerusalem.

God using someone to fulfill His purpose does not make them His people. The people of the Messiah are the Jews. Do you think think the Jews will destroy their own city and their own Temple?

It seems like you are always trying to fit things together instead of looking for the correct answer.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God using someone to fulfill His purpose does not make them His people. The people of the Messiah are the Jews. Do you think think the Jews will destroy their own city and their own Temple?

It seems like you are always trying to fit things together instead of looking for the correct answer.
Seems like you'd always rather ignore historical reality and reject the correct answer:

"The scene was now set for the revolt's final catastrophe. Outside Jerusalem, Roman troops prepared to besiege the city; inside the city, the Jews were engaged in a suicidal civil war. In later generations, the rabbis hyperbolically declared that the revolt's failure, and the Temple's destruction, was due not to Roman military superiority but to causeless hatred (sinat khinam) among the Jews (Yoma 9b). While the Romans would have won the war in any case, the Jewish civil war both hastened their victory and immensely increased the casualties. One horrendous example: In expectation of a Roman siege, Jerusalem's Jews had stockpiled a supply of dry food that could have fed the city for many years. But one of the warring Zealot factions burned the entire supply, apparently hoping that destroying this "security blanket" would compel everyone to participate in the revolt. The starvation resulting from this mad act caused suffering as great as any the Romans inflicted."

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems like you'd always rather ignore historical reality and reject the correct answer:

"The scene was now set for the revolt's final catastrophe. Outside Jerusalem, Roman troops prepared to besiege the city; inside the city, the Jews were engaged in a suicidal civil war. In later generations, the rabbis hyperbolically declared that the revolt's failure, and the Temple's destruction, was due not to Roman military superiority but to causeless hatred (sinat khinam) among the Jews (Yoma 9b). While the Romans would have won the war in any case, the Jewish civil war both hastened their victory and immensely increased the casualties. One horrendous example: In expectation of a Roman siege, Jerusalem's Jews had stockpiled a supply of dry food that could have fed the city for many years. But one of the warring Zealot factions burned the entire supply, apparently hoping that destroying this "security blanket" would compel everyone to participate in the revolt. The starvation resulting from this mad act caused suffering as great as any the Romans inflicted."
A dose of reality might be best. The people of the prince are not Jews and Romans. Jesus did not make a 7 year covenant and then break it. God keeps His covenants.

How do you guys even come up with this stuff? It has to be the blind leading the blind.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A dose of reality might be best. The people of the prince are not Jews and Romans. Jesus did not make a 7 year covenant and then break it. God keeps His covenants.

How do you guys even come up with this stuff? It has to be the blind leading the blind.

You said earlier "The people of the Messiah are the Jews".

Messiah is the prince.

Now you say "The people of the prince are not Jews..."

Do you even know what you're saying?

Why not respond to the evidence, cited by Jewish historians themselves?

Or do you know more about Jewish history than the Jews know about Jewish history?

How do we come up with this stuff? Simple.

We go to the source. Immutable indisputable fulfilled history.

You should try it sometime.

Last edited: