What was the date of the Crucifixion?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said earlier "The people of the Messiah are the Jews".

Messiah is the prince.

Now you say "The people of the prince are not Jews..."

Do you even know what you're saying?

Why not respond to the evidence, cited by Jewish historians themselves?

Or do you know more about Jewish history than the Jews know about Jewish history?

How do we come up with this stuff? Simple.

We go to the source. Immutable indisputable fulfilled history.

You should try it sometime.
Tell me what the 7 covenant Christ made was. And then tell me God breaks His covenants. I don't think so.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I think the event has not happened as of yet. The prince that shall come is the 7th king, the rider on the white horse of the 1st seal. He is a king of the North. The Temple that is destroyed has not been built as of yet, but it soon will be. I believe Israel just received 5 red heifers that are used for purification. Since the prince is a king of the North, the people that are his people are obviously of the kingdom of the North.
You're backing the wrong horse, as usual. White always and without exception signifies purity, holiness, righteousness in the Revelation:

Jesus' head and hair appear white like wool (Rev 1:14).
A white stone with a saint's name written on it (Rev 2:17).
The white raiment of the saints (Rev.3:5 & 18; 6:11; 7:9, 13 & 14).
The white clothing of the 24 elders (Rev 4:4).
The white clothing of angels (Rev 15:6).
The white raiment of the bride of Christ (Rev 19:8).
The Great White Throne (Rev 20:11).
Christ seated on a white cloud (Rev 14:14).
Christ returns on a white horse, leading His armies (Rev 19:11 & 14).
Christ's armies are riding white horses (Rev 19:14).

The first horseman of the Apocalypse is riding a white horse (Revelation 6:2). He is given a stéphanos crown. He has a bow, but no arrows are mentioned, yet he went forth conquering and to conquer.

The crowns on the heads of all the following entities mentioned in the Revelation, are stéphanos:-

Revelation 12:1 (crown of 12 stars on the woman's head);
Revelation 2:10 & 3:11 (the crowns of the saints);
Revelation 4:4 & 10 (the crowns of the 24 elders).

The crowns on the heads of the dragon in Revelation 12:3 and the ten kings in Revelation 13:1 are diádēma.

* Revelation 14:14 (Christ). In Revelation 14:14 Jesus is crowned with a stéphanos (a crown of victory and honor). In this passage His appearance is in the form of the Son of man (who, as we know, has been given a name above all names).

* In contrast to the Revelation 14:14, in Revelation 19:19 Christ is crowned with MANY diádēma. In this passage He is returning as King of (all) kings and Lord of (all) Lords (Revelation 19:16).

Unless Revelation 6:2 is the only exception, the color white in the Revelation never represents something bad or evil.

The white horse in Revelation 6:2 does not signify Christ Himself, because the horses and their horsemen are signifying something, and the weapons of the witnesses of Christ are spiritual:

"Then he answered and spoke to me, saying, This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of hosts." (Zechariah 4:6) *

* In Revelation 11:3 it is Christ who is giving power to His two witnesses.

Ever heard the chorus words in a hymn, "Onward Christian soldiers, marching as to war, with the cross of Jesus going on before"? For thousands of years horses were used in battle, and "gates" in the Biblical sense are defenses that protect cities from enemy attack. The gospel (and therefore the church and Christians) are the enemies of Satan, because the gates of hades shall not prevail against it (Matthew 16:18).

* The rider of the white horse seen in the first seal is given a stéphanos.

THE SECOND HORSEMAN

The second horseman of the Apocalypse is riding a red horse, which is the color of the dragon in Revelation 12:3.
The Greek word for red is pyrrhós, and these two verses (Revelation 6:2 and 12:3) are the only two verses in the entire New Testament where the word is used.
He is not given a crown.
Revelation 13:2 has the red dragon of Revelation 12:3 giving the beast of Revelation 13:1-10 his seat, his power, and great authority.
The rider on the red horse is given a great sword and "power was given to him sitting on it, to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another" (Revelation 6:4).

In Zechariah 1:7-21 the red horse signifies that peace was to be taken from the nations which had scattered Judah, and which were at ease.

So the Bible itself gives us the meaning of the first two horses (the first two seals) of the Apocalypse.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're backing the wrong horse, as usual.
Thanks for the laugh. Love some humor. But I'm thinking you lack horse sense.
White always and without exception signifies purity, holiness, righteousness in the Revelation:

Jesus' head and hair appear white like wool (Rev 1:14).
A white stone with a saint's name written on it (Rev 2:17).
The white raiment of the saints (Rev.3:5 & 18; 6:11; 7:9, 13 & 14).
The white clothing of the 24 elders (Rev 4:4).
The white clothing of angels (Rev 15:6).
The white raiment of the bride of Christ (Rev 19:8).
The Great White Throne (Rev 20:11).
Christ seated on a white cloud (Rev 14:14).
Christ returns on a white horse, leading His armies (Rev 19:11 & 14).
Christ's armies are riding white horses (Rev 19:14).

If I had a nickel for every time I have seen this over the years, I'd have a free lunch tomorrow.

The reason the horse is white is because it represents a false Christ.

Do you not understand that what Jesus told us about end times in Matthew 24, Paul tells us about end times in Revelation 6. Don't you think they agree?

Here's what Jesus tells us.
Matthew 24
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

The beginning of sorrows are the 4 horsemen of the Apocalypse. The first horse is white because it represents a false Christ. The other three horses take peace from the earth (wars), bring famines and pestilences.

Revelation 6
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

The fifth seal is the great tribulation of Matthew 24 and the sixth seal is the coming of Jesus. So Jesus comes at the 6th seal as marked by the cosmic signs of the sun, moon and stars. What you see in Matthew 24 is the same thing you see in the 6 seals. So, the white horse is a false Christ.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first horseman of the Apocalypse is riding a white horse (Revelation 6:2). He is given a stéphanos crown.
I'm afraid you just don't understand any of this. The rider on the white horse is a false Christ. The reason he is given the Stephanos leaf crown of victory is because he is a false savior of the world. The stephanos crown is the sign of UN and he will be the Secretary General of the UN.
search

He has a bow, but no arrows are mentioned, yet he went forth conquering and to conquer.

If I had a dime for everytime I have heard about those no arrows I could eat for a week. In 1840 a stranger walked into a saloon with a colt 45 strapped to his side, tied down low. He asked a few questions about the weather over the past week, and everyone slowly drifted out of the salon as they felt highly uncomfortable in the presence of the stranger. A few minutes later Bobby Joe came out of the barber shop and began asking the passersby if they wanted to go the bar and everyone kept telling him about the professional gunfighter and his big bad Colt 45 tied down low. After listening to about a half a dozen stories, Bobby Joe headed to the saloon. The mayor called out, "where you going Bobby Joe, didn't you hear. And Bobby Joe yelled back, "Yeah I heard perfectly clear. I heard about the gun, but nobody said anything about bullets. Bobby Joe died that day.

The point is, the gun tied low was identifying who this person is, a professional gunfighter. That's exactly what the bow is doing, identifying who the rider on the white horse represents. To understand these things you need to understand what is going on in the world. The world is looking for their savior. It is not Jesus the Christ. It is the false savior. Look on the back of a dollar bill and you will see a pyramid with and the all seeing eye above it. That is the eye of Horus. The world is waiting for horus. Look at all the religions in the world there is usually an equivalent to Horus. Horus is Tammuz out of Babylon, the false savior. He is also the Greek god Apollo. It is Apollo that caries a bow. Apollo represents Horus, who represents Tammuz. So basically the rider on the white horse is the false savior that the world is waiting for.

He is an antichrist, but not THE antichrist

search

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm afraid you just don't understand any of this. The rider on the white horse is a false Christ. The reason he is given the Stephanos leaf crown of victory is because he is a false savior of the world. The stephanos crown is the sign of UN and he will be the Secretary General of the UN.
search

If I had a dime for everytime I have heard about those no arrows I could eat for a week. In 1840 a stranger walked into a saloon with a colt 45 strapped to his side, tied down low. He asked a few questions about the weather over the past week, and everyone slowly drifted out of the salon as they felt highly uncomfortable in the presence of the stranger. A few minutes later Bobby Joe came out of the barber shop and began asking the passersby if they wanted to go the bar and everyone kept telling him about the professional gunfighter and his big bad Colt 45 tied down low. After listening to about a half a dozen stories, Bobby Joe headed to the saloon. The mayor called out, "where you going Bobby Joe, didn't you hear. And Bobby Joe yelled back, "Yeah I heard perfectly clear. I heard about the gun, but nobody said anything about bullets. Bobby Joe died that day.

The point is, the gun tied low was identifying who this person is, a professional gunfighter. That's exactly what the bow is doing, identifying who the rider on the white horse represents. To understand these things you need to understand what is going on in the world. The world is looking for their savior. It is not Jesus the Christ. It is the false savior. Look on the back of a dollar bill and you will see a pyramid with and the all seeing eye above it. That is the eye of Horus. The world is waiting for horus. Look at all the religions in the world there is usually an equivalent to Horus. Horus is Tammuz out of Babylon, the false savior. He is also the Greek god Apollo. It is Apollo that caries a bow. Apollo represents Horus, who represents Tammuz. So basically the rider on the white horse is the false savior that the world is waiting for.

He is an antichrist, but not THE antichrist

search
Like I said, you're backing the wrong horse again. But you back a lot of wrong horses, so it's not surprising.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know of any examples using the color white, however, I can prove that evil masquerades as good which is the same concept:

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Here the word transformed means to be disguised.

The point here is that evil people and even Satan pretend to be good.

The first seal rider is Satan pretending to be Jesus returning. This is how he gets so much of the world to worship him as he claims to be God. He will appear to be Jesus and will to a certain extent act as him.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Also is the example of a "wolf in sheep's clothing". The sheep is white of course but it is a false exterior used to deceive the others.

Reactions: The Light

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, you're backing the wrong horse again. But you back a lot of wrong horses, so it's not surprising.
Oh. Okay. So Paul tells us what will happen in the end times in the 6 seals of Revelation. And Jesus tells us in Matthew 24 EXACTLY the same things that what happen. But no, you can't accept the fact that the first thing Jesus says is that there will be false Christs and the first horse in Revelation is a white horseman that carries a bow, not a sword, but a bow, and yet the white horseman is good. All I can do is look down and shake my head.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Oh. Okay. So Paul tells us what will happen in the end times in the 6 seals of Revelation. And Jesus tells us in Matthew 24 EXACTLY the same things that what happen. But no, you can't accept the fact that the first thing Jesus says is that there will be false Christs and the first horse in Revelation is a white horseman that carries a bow, not a sword, but a bow, and yet the white horseman is good. All I can do is look down and shake my head.
Well this thread has been well and truly hijacked.

Jesus also tells us in the Olivet Discourse that the gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come (Matthew 24:14).

He also tells us in Revelation 11 that He will give power to his two witnesses who will prophecy in that final 3.5 years.

But this "can't be", according to you, because false prophets and false Messiahs will also abound in the last days (which is something which is ongoing, but will probably intensify while those two witnesses are prophesying - just like Pharaoh's magicians were also performing miracles when God's two witnesses in Egypt were prophesying and doing the miracles of God).

You're backing a good few wrong horses, IMO.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I do not know of any examples using the color white, however, I can prove that evil masquerades as good which is the same concept:

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Here the word transformed means to be disguised.

The point here is that evil people and even Satan pretend to be good.

The first seal rider is Satan pretending to be Jesus returning. This is how he gets so much of the world to worship him as he claims to be God. He will appear to be Jesus and will to a certain extent act as him.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Also is the example of a "wolf in sheep's clothing". The sheep is white of course but it is a false exterior used to deceive the others.
Yeah but light (spiritual light) isn't the same thing as the color white being used to depict what is good and righteous in the Revelation.

And if the first horse in the first seal is the exception to the rule in the Revelation, then it is the only exception to the rule.

So in my opinion, we need to allow the Revelation to speak for itself using the symbolism it produces, and interpret the symbolism in the light of whatever the Revelation establishes, instead of confusing apples and oranges.

Saying that the white horse is the only exception to the rule in the Revelation's use of the color white is also tantamount to saying that Jesus is deliberately creating confusion - since the Revelation, remember, is the Revelation of Jesus Christ (Revelation 1:1).

The word used for "red" in the red horse is the same word used for "red" in the description of the dragon in Revelation 12 - and those two verses are the only verses in the entire New Testament where that word for "red" is used.

But white is used consistently in the Revelation in respect of things that are good and righteous.

I can't agree with your assumption that the white horse and its rider in the first seal is not a picture of the gospel going forth, as in Matthew 24:14 (whether or not the one being described in Matthew 24:14 has already happened and has become a type of the final period) and Revelation 14:6-7 and Revelation 11:3-7.

Those horsemen and their horses are not real horses and real horsemen. It's metaphor being used to describe things written about in the scroll, which is sealed by the seals.

Of course there will also be false prophets and false Christs appearing during that period.

Last edited:

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this thread has been well and truly hijacked.

No. This thread was not hijacked. The maker of this thread abandoned it because I kept using the Word to prove him wrong. So he started another thread with a different angle, hoping to have more success. Problem is I went over there and used the Word to prove him wrong also. Just as I used the Word to prove him wrong regarding Daniel 9:25. And yet the blind continue to follow. He tells you what you want to hear, and not the facts.
Jesus also tells us in the Olivet Discourse that the gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all nations, and then the end will come (Matthew 24:14).
Yeah, and John shows you the same thing in the 6 seals and in Revelation 14
He also tells us in Revelation 11 that He will give power to his two witnesses who will prophecy in that final 3.5 years.
You might notice that it is a new prophecy beginning. You don't add these years to the end of Revelation 10. You have to understand when these 3.5 years begin.
Revelation 10
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
But this "can't be", according to you, because false prophets and false Messiahs will also abound in the last days (which is something which is ongoing, but will probably intensify while those two witnesses are prophesying - just like Pharaoh's magicians were also performing miracles when God's two witnesses in Egypt were prophesying and doing the miracles of God).

You're backing a good few wrong horses.

Christ starts off telling you about false Christs in Matthew 24. There are two beasts. The first beast was and is not and will come again. The second beast is the rider on the white horse who comes after the fulness of the Gentiles comes in. Then later in Matthew 24, verses 23-25 the first beast appears who was and is not and will come again.
Matthew 24
23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah but light (spiritual light) isn't the same thing as the color white being used to depict what is good and righteous in the Revelation.

And if the first horse in the first seal is the exception to the rule in the Revelation, then it is the only exception to the rule.

If the AC wanted to imitate the second coming, would he ride a white horse or a red horse? If one wanted to be a wolf but appear as a sheep, would the wool be white or red?

But white is used consistently in the Revelation in respect of things that are good and righteous.

Or appear to be that way.

I can't agree with your assumption that the white horse and its rider in the first seal is not a picture of the gospel going forth, as in Matthew 24:14 (whether or not the one being described in Matthew 24:14 has already happened and has become a type of the final period) and Revelation 14:6-7 and Revelation 11:3-7.

The seals depict end times events and the gospel is not going forth and conquering. The opposite happens culminating in the GT.

Of course there will also be false prophets and false Christs appearing during that period.

Don't let them trick you by wearing or having white. All four horses/horsemen of the seals are wicked and cause harm. Christ's return is found in the 6th seal, not the 1st.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If the AC wanted to imitate the second coming, would he ride a white horse or a red horse? If one wanted to be a wolf but appear as a sheep, would the wool be white or red?
Or appear to be that way.
The seals depict end times events and the gospel is not going forth and conquering. The opposite happens culminating in the GT.
Don't let them trick you by wearing or having white. All four horses/horsemen of the seals are wicked and cause harm. Christ's return is found in the 6th seal, not the 1st.
The antichrist is not going to be pretending to be Jesus. The false prophet, exalting himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, he will seat himself up in the temple, claiming to be God.

The beast ascending from the abyss will open his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those dwelling in heaven. His false prophet will build an image to him and cause all to worship it.

Like Antiochus Epiphanes, it's going to be very clear that this murderer - symbolized by the red horse and its rider - is going to cruelly prevent anyone from worshiping God and Jesus, and it's going to be very obvious.

The Revelation does not tell you he comes in a sneaky way wearing white and claiming to be good and claiming to be Christ. Neither does 2 Thessalonians 2:4. And the gospel will be going out in power until the two witnesses are killed by this beast.

@ewq1938 The two witnesses will be around, telling everyone not to worship this man or his image - Revelation 14:6-10.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The antichrist is not going to be pretending to be Jesus. The false prophet, exalting himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, he will seat himself up in the temple, claiming to be God.

lol, that's what the AC does. Anti can also mean "instead of" like an imitation. So anti-christ can mean imitation-christ, something Christ did warn about.

The Revelation does not tell you he comes in a sneaky way wearing white and claiming to be good and claiming to be Christ.

Christ warned us about false christs. The AC/FP is the last and worst of them.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
lol, that's what the AC does. Anti can also mean "instead of" like an imitation. So anti-christ can mean imitation-christ, something Christ did warn about.

Christ warned us about false christs. The AC/FP is the last and worst of them.
So you believe the white horse is or symboilizes the antitchrist. And the red horse? Just events? Or someone with a sword going out to take peace from the earth?

@ewq1938 whose armies are being depicted in the 6th trumpet and the 6th bowl of wrath? The white horse's rider? Or the red horse's rider?

The rider on the white horse has no arrows for his bow. Yet he conquers. The weapons of Christ's soldiers are spiritual.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe the white horse is or symboilizes the antitchrist. And the red horse? Just events? Or someone with a sword going out to take peace from the earth?

All four horsemen do harmful things. They are a group.

@ewq1938 whose armies are being depicted in the 6th trumpet and the 6th bowl of wrath? The white horse's rider? Or the red horse's rider?

The 6th trumpet is at a different time than the 6th bowl. The angel of the bottomless pit is likely the king of the 6th trumpet army. The armies of the 6th bowl come from the kings of the earth. You could have read the passages to find this information.

The rider on the white horse has no arrows for his bow.

That is wrong. The word in the greek includes arrows. You need to study the greek word.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
[*StrongsGreek*]
τόξον tóxon, tox'-on
from the base of 5088;
a bow (apparently as the simplest fabric):--bow.

[*StrongsGreek*]
TI/KTW τίκτω tíktō tik'-to a strengthened form of a primary τέκω tékō, tek'-o (which is used only as alternate in certain tenses);
to produce (from seed, as a mother, a plant, the earth, etc.), literally or figuratively:--bear, be born, bring forth, be delivered, be in travail.

https://www.wordsense.eu/τόξον/

τόξον - Ancient Greek (LSJ)
That is wrong. The word in the greek includes arrows. You need to study the greek word.
Sure. If you say so. Make it mean bow and arrows if you want it to. I don't believe you, but I'm sure millions of others will :)
The 6th trumpet is at a different time than the 6th bowl. The angel of the bottomless pit is likely the king of the 6th trumpet army. The armies of the 6th bowl come from the kings of the earth. You could have read the passages to find this information.
Abadon. Apolyon. Destroyer. Kind of like the rider of a red horse who is given a sword and goes out taking peace from the earth, no?

The beast ascends out of the bottomless pit (Revelation 17). I guess he will have to wait until that destroyer has finished playing his war games. Kinda like, "Hey, beast, I know the bottomless pit has been opened for you, but wait your turn! I'm not done. Stay down there until I've finished playing!"

OK. If you say so.

So the 1st "woe" is the 5th trumpet, when the bottomless pit is opened (Revelation 9:1-12).
The 2nd "woe" is the 6th trumpet. It's linked by the text to both:

(A) The 6th trumpet (Revelation 9:12-13); and

(B) The period during which the two witnesses are prophesying (Revelation 11:3-14).

[Hence, the second "woe" is linked to the 3.5 years before the 7th trumpet sounds?]

The 3rd "woe is linked in the text to.. guess what? The 7th trumpet!!

So the 6th trumpet happens in-between the 1st and 3rd woes.

In the 6th trumpet, armies are being gathered for battle.
In the 6th bowl of wrath / plague, armies are being gathered for battle.

In the middle of the verses talking about the 6th plague, Jesus interjects, "Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is the one who watches and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame." (Revelation 16:15).

[Why is Jesus interjecting here with these words do you think? It's the first time a direct quote from Jesus is recorded after the seven letters to the seven churches - the next time is in Rev 21:5-6]

The 7th trumpet and 7th plague both have God's judgment coming upon the beast / nations.

Where did the Revelation place the three "woes" again?

All four horsemen do harmful things. They are a group.
The Revelation is clear about the 2nd, 3rd and 4th horses bringing harm upon the earth with them. But where does it say about the harm the first horseman does? All it says is its horseman went forth conquering and to conquer - with that "bow and arrows" that you say the Greek is talking about.

OK. If you say so :)

Last edited:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. If you say so. Make it mean bow and arrows if you want it to.

toxon - definition and meaning

"The Greek word [Greek: toxon] signified primarily that specially oriental weapon which we call a bow, but the word in the earliest authors included in its meaning the arrow shot from the bow."

toxic | Etymology, origin and meaning of toxic by etymonline

"from Late Latin toxicus "poisoned," from Latin toxicum "poison," from Greek toxikon (pharmakon) "(poison) for use on arrows," from toxikon, neuter of toxikos "pertaining to arrows or archery," and thus to a bow, from toxon "bow,"

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
toxon - definition and meaning

"The Greek word [Greek: toxon] signified primarily that specially oriental weapon which we call a bow, but the word in the earliest authors included in its meaning the arrow shot from the bow."

toxic | Etymology, origin and meaning of toxic by etymonline

"from Late Latin toxicus "poisoned," from Latin toxicum "poison," from Greek toxikon (pharmakon) "(poison) for use on arrows," from toxikon, neuter of toxikos "pertaining to arrows or archery," and thus to a bow, from toxon "bow,"
We are not dealing with the word toxic, regardless of it's origin (Latin toxicus and its origin)
We are dealing with the word tox'-on:

https://www.wordsense.eu/τόξον/

τόξον - Ancient Greek (LSJ)

[*StrongsGreek*]
τόξον tóxon, tox'-on
from the base of 5088;
a bow (apparently as the simplest fabric):--bow.

[*StrongsGreek*]
TI/KTW τίκτω tíktō tik'-to a strengthened form of a primary τέκω tékō, tek'-o (which is used only as alternate in certain tenses);
to produce (from seed, as a mother, a plant, the earth, etc.), literally or figuratively:--bear, be born, bring forth, be delivered, be in travail.

Don't get toxic now with the New Testament by changing the meaning of its words to suit any interpretation. I've come to expect a lot beter from you than that.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are not dealing with the word toxic

The greek word for bow can and does include arrows. It is related to this:

Eph 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.