What was the date of the Crucifixion 2?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I object to having Bible truths attributed to me. The 7000 year Plan of God for mankind, is confirmed by the Genesis story, by Hosea 6:2, by Revelation 20, by the Gospel of Barnabus , by some of the ECF's and by the Biblical and historical record.
God's 7000 year plan. Jewish Calendar year 5783 + 240 missing years = 2023. Jewish year starts in September. Look like Rapture of the Church is at the door.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's 7000 year plan. Jewish Calendar year 5783 + 240 missing years = 2023. Jewish year starts in September. Look like Rapture of the Church is at the door.

The bible says the rapture will not happen until the Apostasy and the revealing of the man of sin occurs, so it's not "at the door". The Apostasy is at the door though and the door is wide open for all who wish to enter therein.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Bible tells us not to trust the Jewish scribes:
Jeramiah 8:8 [to the house of Judah] How can you say: We are wise, we have the Law of the Lord, when the scribes with their lying pens have falsified it?

Reactions: The Light

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible says the rapture will not happen until the Apostasy and the revealing of the man of sin occurs,
I missed that verse. My Bible says He will come in a day and hour that you think not. Is it possible that you are reading a bad translation, because we don't appear to be reading the same thing.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I missed that verse. My Bible says He will come in a day and hour that you think not.

And that is applied to unbelievers not believers.

Luk_12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Is it possible that you are reading a bad translation, because we don't appear to be reading the same thing.

No, that is not possible.

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is applied to unbelievers not believers.

Luk_12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Do you not understand that you are proving my point? You say that He will come in an hour that he is not aware, and this applies to believers and not unbelievers. Right there in the word it says He will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

I don't know how to make it any clearer than what is written. This means he is a believer that is not looking for the master. The Lord will come in an hour that he thinks not. The person will go through the hour of testing with unbelievers. It is a foolish virgin without oil in their lamps....oil to see.

No, that is not possible.

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
This is the gathering from heaven and earth. It is not the rapture of the Church as the Church is already in heaven before this event. It is the Church that at gathered from heaven and the seed of the woman that is gathered from the earth. This gathering takes place with the coming of Jesus AT THE 6TH SEAL. Then the 7th seal is opened, and the wrath of God begins. That is the trumpets.

Mark 13
27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
The Word tells you that the Day of Christ is at hand. That is the Day of the Lord. Before the day of the Lord happens the man of sin is revealed. Nowhere does is say before the Church is caught up, the man of sin is revealed. The Word says the man of sin is revealed before the gathering from HEAVEN and EARTH. The Church comes with the Lord from heaven as where the body is the eagles will be gathered.

Listen the time draws very short. The master is coming soon. The GOODMAN will not know when He is coming. We are told to WATCH and BE READY. He is coming when we think not. Don't be appointed to the hour of testing with the foolish virgins.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not understand that you are proving my point? You say that He will come in an hour that he is not aware, and this applies to believers and not unbelievers. Right there in the word it says He will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Because he is a bad servant and is punished as an unbeliever. Do you not understand the passage disproves your point?

Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Since you can't read that passage correctly maybe you can this one:

1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Listen the time draws very short. The master is coming soon. The GOODMAN will not know when He is coming. We are told to WATCH and BE READY. He is coming when we think not. Don't be appointed to the hour of testing with the foolish virgins.

Most people won't even make it as far as the foolish virgins did. The master is NOT coming soon. He told us what to look for to know when he is coming soon and you aren't looking for those things by your own admission that He will come at an hour you won't be aware of. Good luck with that.

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
5loaves2fishes.wixsite.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Adam was created in 3972.5 BC subtracted back to 586 BCE, from …

… I did consult several other efforts and found them all to be wrong in some way. Usshers date of October 23rd 4004 BC, simply does not add up correctly and others are no better than wild guesses.

Ussher was wrong, and I concur with you that there are a lot of wild guesses with dates affixed to Adam. But your date is also wrong. Admittedly, I only go back to Abraham, but your dates are wrong during the Hebrew kings era as I have demonstrated in post #99.

The implications for your calculation back to Adam is that it might be up the boo-eye.

‘Boo-eye’ New Zealand slang for, ‘Up the Puhoi (river) without a paddle.’

In other words, your predictions are in the wop wops.

Last edited:

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
On your previous post your figure from Rehoboam to 6th year of Hezekiah equaled 260 years. So, Im not quibbling when I tell you that the reigns of the Northern Kingdom over the same period was 241 years!
The time period from when Rehoboam started his reign to the 6th year of Hezekiah; is 260 years. All the Kings of Judah.
Please provide proof of how you get 241 years.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because he is a bad servant and is punished as an unbeliever. Do you not understand the passage disproves your point?
You said, and I quote, "And that is applied to unbelievers not believers."

And I showed you in the Word, it didn't say that at all. It says.... He will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
Luk 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
Luk 12:48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
Exactly. As I already stated: WATCH and BE READY
Since you can't read that passage correctly maybe you can this one:

1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
The Day of Lord will not take the brethren by surprise. They will know EXACTLY when He is coming. He will come at the "last trump" THEN THE SEVENTH SEAL IS OPENED AND THE WRATH OF GOD BEGINS. It will be like the days of Lot, where the very day Lot left Sodom destruction came.

However, the GOODMAN will not know when the bridegroom comes for the bride. He is told to watch and be ready. It will be like the days of Noah where Noah is in the ark 7 days before the flood. Two separate comings.

Most people won't even make it as far as the foolish virgins did. The master is NOT coming soon. He told us what to look for to know when he is coming soon and you aren't looking for those things by your own admission that He will come at an hour you won't be aware of. Good luck with that.
Well, you got one thing right. I'm not looking for the man of sin, that's for sure. The Church will be in heaven before the man of sin is revealed.

So what are these verses and how do they fit in the end times?
Revelation 14
14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The time period from when Rehoboam started his reign to the 6th year of Hezekiah; is 260 years. All the Kings of Judah.
Please provide proof of how you get 241 years.
Like you did with the southern kings. I just tallied up the reigns of the northern kings from Jeroboam to Hoshea and it came to 241 years. We are not supposed to do that of course, because it fails to take into account any co-regent reigns. That is where you made your mistake. You need to go back to the books of Kings and plot there reigns correctly. Then when you continue back from the proper date for the division of the kingdom (930 BC) it will give you a totally different date for the birth of Adam.

Last edited:

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like you did with the southern kings. I just tallied up the reigns of the northern kings from Jeroboam to Hoshea and it came to 241 years. We are not supposed to do that of course, because it fails to take into account any co-regent reigns. That is where you made your mistake. You need to go back to the books of Kings and plot there reigns correctly. Then when you continue back from the proper date for the division of the kingdom (930 BC) it will give you a totally different date for the birth of Adam.
Are you saying it is not 2000 years from Adam to Abraham?

How about Abraham to Christ death? 2000 years?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said, and I quote, "And that is applied to unbelievers not believers."

And I showed you in the Word, it didn't say that at all. It says.... He will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Which proves you wrong. Believers will not be over taken by that day like a thief in the night!

Go ahead and ignore this passage:

You say that He will come in an hour that he is not aware, and this applies to believers and not unbelievers.

Because it is taught by the bible. WHat the bible does not teach is your belief that believer's will also be overtaken as a thief. That is false. We are given events and signs to look for that will tell us when the day is near. You don't look for those signs, thinking the day can happen at any time as a surprise.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which proves you wrong. Believers will not be over taken by that day like a thief in the night!

Go ahead and ignore this passage:

I am not ignoring this passage whatsoever. I told you the brethren will know EXACTLY when the day of the Lord and the gathering from heaven and earth will occur. However, that has nothing to do with the rapture of the Church which is already in heaven before the seals are opened.
Because it is taught by the bible. WHat the bible does not teach is your belief that believer's will also be overtaken as a thief. That is false. We are given events and signs to look for that will tell us when the day is near. You don't look for those signs, thinking the day can happen at any time as a surprise.
You don't understand the difference between the gathering from heaven and earth with occurs just before the day of the Lord and the rapture of the Church when the GOODMAN will not know when He is coming.

Why do you keep dodging the question about the coming of Jesus in Revelation 14? Again, what is this all about and how does it fit in the end times?

Revelation 14
14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.

18 And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.

19 And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What I use is the God given time periods as Written in our Bibles. Of Judah's Kings, as Israels are irrelevant to this exercise.
Unless they are used, ignoring any co-regencies, then you are in the mire of hopeless confusion.

How does this timeline fit your 490 years Plan?

Last edited:

Christian Gedge

Jul 24, 2022
Waikato
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What I use is the God given time periods as Written in our Bibles.
God's time periods are Sabbatical. 1000 is not Sabbatical.

Of Judah's Kings, as Israels are irrelevant to this exercise.
Unless they are used, ignoring any co-regencies, then you are in the mire of hopeless confusion.
If Israel's date was irrelevant, they would not have been mentioned in the historical books. The formula synchronising the kings is as shown over and over in scripture: “In the (x)th year of king (A) of Israel, king (B) of Judah began to reign, and he reigned (y) years.”

How does this timeline fit your 490 years Plan?
Very well. If you get my book, "The Atonement Clock" it will show you the Sabbath years throughout the kings era and right up till Messiah. Just send your address in my contact form and donate a few dollars for costs and you've got another prezzie for Christmas.

Reactions: jeffweeder

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not ignoring this passage whatsoever. I told you the brethren will know EXACTLY when the day of the Lord and the gathering from heaven and earth will occur. However, that has nothing to do with the rapture of the Church which is already in heaven before the seals are opened.

Scripture places the coming of Christ and our gathering to him on the same day and those happen only after the Apostasy and revealing of the man of sin which places the rapture AFTER the trib.

the question about the coming of Jesus in Revelation 14?

Half of it deals with the rapture but you don't understand the other passages yet so a third one is not going to be discussed at this time.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. The Church is in heaven before the seals are opened.

The church is not in heaven before the seals are opened, not the living church. Even Jesus isn't in heaven before the seals are opened.

Reactions: Keraz