What's the scoop?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my state smoking weed is not illegal so I'm not breaking any laws at all.
I'm not talking about smoking weed. I'm talking about your general lack of self-control which is obvious from your description of your lifestyle. But you keep trying to change the subject to avoid the real question. I don't think you're sincere so I have nothing else to say to you.

Reactions: Debp and marks

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You call Jesus Lord. What does that mean to you that Jesus is your Lord?

Believing He died for my sins. They all say it's by faith alone and all we have to do is believe and nothing else.

I'm not talking about smoking weed. I'm talking about your general lack of self-control which is obvious from your description of your lifestyle. But you keep trying to change the subject to avoid the real question. I don't think you're sincere so I have nothing else to say to you.

It's a good thing all our future sins have already been forgiven?

Whatever lack of self-control it is you are talking about has already been forgiven.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing He died for my sins. They all say it's by faith alone and all we have to do is believe and nothing else.

It's a good thing all our future sins have already been forgiven?

Whatever lack of self-control it is you are talking about has already been forgiven.
What does it mean to you that Jesus is Lord?

Don't you have any answer to that??

Much love!

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean to you that Jesus is Lord?

Don't you have any answer to that??

It means I'm saved because He paid for all my sins past present and future so I won't go to hell when I die and will go to Heaven instead.

Is this what I'm supposed to say, or did you want me to say something else???

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means I'm saved because He paid for all my sins past present and future so I won't go to hell when I die and will go to Heaven instead.

No, that is sufficient. There is nothing in your answer about obeying Jesus, so I think you are using "Lord" as a meaningless word, and you've told me what I want to know.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 10:8-10 KJV
8) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus . . . but do you suppose God is interested in a meaningless confession? Words you say that you don't mean?

Lord = Master

Exodus 20:7 KJV
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Empty words don't save.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

Dan Clarkston

Dec 16, 2023
Denver Colorado
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is sufficient. There is nothing in your answer about obeying Jesus, so I think you are using "Lord" as a meaningless word, and you've told me what I want to know.

Doesn't the bible say judge not?

And if salvation is by faith alone and not by works, why are you worried about obeying Jesus? That's trying to earn your salvation is it not?

I read a thing earlier that talks about lordship salvation where those trying to obey Jesus are earning their salvation and the result is they are not under grace anymore and aren't saved when they do this.

I can't remember the preachers name. Some guy in California with a big church was the author of the article.

but do you suppose God is interested in a meaningless confession? Words you say that you don't mean?

Doesn't the bible say judge not?

How do you know if someone is sincere or not? Isn't that making yourself to be a judge over others?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

You are not coming across as sincere. In fact you seem to want to argue that you can still be saved and carry on living a sinful life. You do not sound genuinely repentant so if that's really the case then you are not saved. If you are saved you are supposed to be a new creation, washed clean but you seem as though you still prefer the filth of the world.

Reactions: Debp and marks

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

I only read your Thread and the first couple of Posts on the first Page.

Maybe i missed more of your explanation........but based on your Thread alone, let me offer you some food for thought. @Dan Clarkston

Your original Thread.... seem to be trying to prove someone's false idea regarding their misunderstanding of "OSAS".

So, it is TRUE that "all who call upon the name of Jesus'.. by Faith, are eternally Justified by God through Faith.

But, its not true that some discipleship from you, in the form of dealing with behavior that you know in your heart offends God, is not being required of you.... now .

Sure it is.

Let me tell you what is going to happen to you, if you are really born again.... based on your Thread as your continuing...Behavior.

Hebrews 12:6 is going to find you.

See, its like this..., .. EVERY person whom God receives as His OWN.. have been brought to God, through a Cross that Christ died on, so that God could take them..
And, that Cross, was a terrible terrigle situation that God's Only Begotten Son accepted upon Himself, as His Father's will... so that you can be eternally forgiven and given "Sonship" entrance into God's Family.
So, GOD does not take that lightly. He is not playing around with you, or any of us.. as the COST God had to pay, was to give His SON to a horrible slaughter so that by this painful sacrificial death, we ALL can be forgiven and become a part of God's eternal family.
That is not something to play with, as a lifestyle that now wants to have this as your Christian Discipleship......"im good, let's party".

So, just a fair warning to you, as you are young, and you are not yet in the Bullseye, regarding God doing some pruning of your flesh.
God is very patient with all of us, but all of us will be "conformed" into some Holy Behavior down here, from time to time.
That's a promise.
So when that VERSE starts upon you... @Dan Clarkston ...., and when its finished, you'll be writing a completely different commentary then the one you are offering to us now.

If i were you. . And if this girl is someone you really love and want to be with for the rest of your life.... (You already know)>..... .and if she is a Christian... then you should make the relationship honest and get it right before God's eyes.
See, the SEX wont change but God's acceptance of your relationship with her, will become... "the marriage bed, is undefiled".
So, make each other happy and satisfied, but do it according to not offending God . = Get Married, or get parted... and before you do...

= If she is not a Christian, then you need to help her find Salvation, through Christ.

And no, you can't keep doing what you're doing, as you are insulting God by your behavior, in front of the girl, among other things.

Its not where you want to be in your relationship with God.

Make a change, @Dan Clarkston .

Last edited:
Reactions: Debp and Pearl

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They claim all our sins are forgiven past, present, and future so it sounds like it's all good regardless of how we live.
You made the above statement to me so I will respond to that only.

You ignored my questions asking if you were truly sincere when you prayed for forgiveness. Or did you merely mouth words?

If you were sincere about wanting forgiveness for your sins and truly believed on Christ as your personal Savior....then the Holy Spirit came into your heart/life.

The pastor who told you to pray the sinner's prayer should also talk to you about growing spiritually as a Christian by hearing the Word of God, prayer and personal devotions. A Christian doesn't want to remain in a pig pen!

Some people grow faster than others....but there should be a desire for leaving a sinful life. If you are content to remain in a sinful lifestyle, perhaps your co-worker is correct about you not being a true believer. Examine your heart.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra and Pearl

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to give my whole life story here but I'm a young person (20s) that got saved at a Baptist church a few years back by going down front at a church service when the pastor invited those to come forward that want to get saved. I repeated the sinners prayer and the pastor said I was saved no matter what anybody says because God said I was saved!

I thought that was all these was to it since the pastor said all I had to do is believe and that salvation in Jesus was by faith alone and my lifestyle cannot change the fact that I'm saved. This all happened about 3 years ago.

So, there's this guy at work that is telling me he doesn't think I'm saved. I found out he was a Christian and we talk sometimes when we are on break. We get 3 breaks during the day for about 20 minutes so we're been talking about religious stuff.

His big problem seems to be my hot girlfriend spending the night at my house sometimes and yes we have sex and we also smoke weed sometimes which shouldn't be a big deal since Jesus got drunk on wine with those people I heard about. It's not like I'm a criminal and I don't treat others bad or anything.

This guy at work is telling me in order to be saved I'm supposed to quit doing what he says is sinful behavior but it's not what the pastor told me when I got saved. Now this guy is sending me all these bible verses by email and some of these are kinda scary and sounds like I might not be saved anymore. I can share some of the stuff he sent if anybody is wanting to comment about the claims he is making

I'm wanting to kinda get to the bottom of all this and see what it's all about. My coworker is telling me there is more to getting saved than praying a sinners prayer and believing God raised Jesus from the dead.

I thought it may be best to hear from other Christians rather than talking to the pastor since he's always busy anyway. His church is really big so you have to make like an appointment to get in to talk to him which takes a while.
I don't accept that people are saved unless God tells me they are.

Reactions: marks and Pearl

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't the right response is to believe? And salvation is by faith alone and what we do doesn't matter it's just whether we believe or not?
Yes, salvation is by grace through faith, however a true Christian (indwelt by the Holy Spirit upon being born again) will have a desire to leave their old sinful lifestyle. They may struggle with sin, but they hate the sins that beset them. As we learn to walk with Jesus, our lives will begin to change.

Notice verse 10:
8For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:8-10

Reactions: Pearl

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a quote I just got by private message:

See! It doesn't matter if we do sinful things or not because Jesus covers all out sins and we cannot ever lose out salvation!
We can't lose our salvation.... however, a born again child of God has a desire to grow spiritually. A sinful lifestyle will grieve the Holy Spirit within a born again Christian. Therefore, to walk with Jesus is a peaceful, contented life.

Reactions: Pearl

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s the scoop?

Understanding a delicate balance of establishing a Relationship between:

A man and God
“OR”
A man and manKind.

Those are Not the same thing.
Those do Not result in the same consequences (good or bad).

A man AGAINST God IS that mans SIN.
* AGAINST God; is Non-belief in Gods Existence.
* AGAINST God; is Non-belief in Gods Word of His Truth.
* AGAINST God; is Encouraging others to Reject the existence of God and Reject the existence and truth of Gods Word.

The Lord God Almighty Himself has Offered ALL of mankind, an opportunity, via His Life, His Order, His Way, His Truth, His Power…
TO; Be Forgiven their SIN AGAINST the Lord God, and Cleansed of ALL their “unrighteousness”.
TO; Have a Once Established Forever one on one Relationship WITH the Lord God Almighty.

Any individual man WHO freely chooses to Accept the Lord Gods Offering…
IS: that man expressly Agreeing to once and forever HAVE a one on one relationship with the Lord God……..AND Agreeing the POWER of the Lord God Himself WILL KEEP that relationship SEALED Constant, whereby NO Other can infiltrate, trick, con, modify, destroy, undo, the established and agreed upon relationship Between the Lord God and that individual.

Past SIN of unbelief is forgiven and resolved.
No such thing as a FUTURE Sin…
That man AGREED the Power God would Forever KEEP that mans Belief SEALED and Constant!

Do men thereafter establishing a one on one relationship WITH God, (according to His Life, His Way, His Order, His Truth, His Power)…. Some how FORGET, they CAN NEVER AGAIN SIN AGAINST GOD?

WHAT is this so-called “SIN” of man AGAINST mankind?

Disbelief…a man exists?
Disbelief…of a mans word?

Cheating other men?
Lying to other men?
Lying about other men?
Entering a mans property without permission

Are THOSE “SINS” or “TRESPASSES” ?

What does those things have to do with an individual mans one on one relationship WITH the Lord God Forever?

Regardless “IF” an individual “HAS” or “HAS NOT” a one on one secure and eternal Relationship with the Lord God…
Men WILL Trespass AGAINST men…
(Some INTENTIONALLY, some UNINTENTIONALLY).

Why DO men Elevate themselves to Gods Status, charging ‘other’ men Have “SINNED” against “THEM” ? And there After demand the “other” man should seek Forgiveness of the “claimed SIN”….and WHAT? A MAN has the authority to FORGIVE men OF SIN?

Does ANYONE recall…the staunch Jews, following their own Jewish Religion Demanding the Crucifixion of Jesus….For violating their own Mosaic/Jewish Law…
BECAUSE JESUS forgave men OF SIN, of their SIN AGAINST God, of their SIN of having HAD been in unbelief IN God and His Word?

Mark.2
[7] Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?

Luke.5
[21] And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but God alone?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn't the right response is to believe? And salvation is by faith alone and what we do doesn't matter it's just whether we believe or not?
The right response to someone loving you is to believe... something? :rolleyes:

Okay, so "a man is justified by faith, apart from the works of Torah". (That's Romans 3:28, if you're following along in your Bible at home.) How would you define "faith"?

And to bring things into the realm of relationships again, what do you see as the difference between "belief" and "trust"?

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We can't lose our salvation.... however, a born again child of God has a desire to grow spiritually. A sinful lifestyle will grieve the Holy Spirit within a born again Christian. Therefore, to walk with Jesus is a peaceful, contented life.
Providing that our salvation was genuine. There are many people who have said the 'sinners' prayer but without meaning it in their hearts and that doesn't count with God because he can see the heart and can't be fooled by mere words.

• Love
Reactions: Debp and Mink57

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief….IN…the Lord God…
* Some Yes…some No.
Belief….IN…a man..
* Some Yes…some No.

Faith….a Gift from God…For a mans Belief in God…Yes.
Mans Belief increases…Gods Gift of Faith increases…Yes.
Mans Belief decreases…God Gift of Faith stops increasing…Yes
Mans Belief In God ceases…Gods Gift of Faith ceases….Yes.
Man is called having fallen from Faith…Yes

Faith…a Gift from man to man…No

Man Trusts God…?
Some men trust fully.
Some men trust regarding particular things.
Some men have no opinion to trust God.
Some men have no trust in God.

Man Trust men…?
Same result as man trusting God.

Belief IN the Heavenly Lord God Almighty is every individual mans Freewill Choice.

For any man who freely chooses to Believe IN the Lord God Almighty…at the time of that individuals bodily Death…
Blessings, Gifts, Prophecy, Promises, Surety, are EXPRESSLY and IRREVOCABLY afforded that individual.

TRUST of a man IN and OF the Lord God Almighty, IS the mans Absolute Confidence of Gods Blessings, Gifts, Prophecy, Promises, Surety “are” expressly and irrevocably afforded that individual.

Glory to God,
Taken

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Providing that our salvation was genuine. There are many people who have said the 'sinners' prayer but without meaning it in their hearts and that doesn't count with God because he can see the heart and can't be fooled by mere words.
YES! BIG difference between reciting or saying a prayer and actually praying a prayer.

Reactions: Debp and Pearl