What's the Weather Like in your part of the world Right Now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should have thermometers that start at zero and as the mercury rises it should read, Warm, Warner, Hot, Really Hot. The same as it dips downward, Cool, Cooler, Cold, Really Cold.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus .. 84F we will be lucky to see that before June..or JULY for sure! wow!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We should have thermometers that start at zero and as the mercury rises it should read, Warm, Warner, Hot, Really Hot. The same as it dips downward, Cool, Cooler, Cold, Really Cold.

Yep...love that :)

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually we do in our own bodies, but someone who was likely pretty much unfeeling at the time decided a numerical measurement was needed.

Reactions: Helen and Job

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3:45 am. Temps around 30 degrees (F) -1 (C), winds out of the north bringing the windchill temps down into the single digits. Not looking forward to filling the bird feeders tomorrow.

We had overcast skies all day Sunday. The clouds were so dark the outside security lights never turned off.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This morning it is in the high 40's F with a wind that requires for me at least a warm sweat shirt. Of course, I don't stay out in it for any longer than absolutely necessary.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not bad today...snow on the ground...but no more falling Yay!!

We sit here at 8c below ..which is sure better than last week.
So no moaning from me right now :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, I don't want it to be "let snow"...:D
We are all hoping for a very brown Christmas....not a white one.
But, unless it warms up a bit, the snow will be going nowhere...until April :(

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah yes, that kind of winter. I've been in many places where there was some snow during the winter, but the only one I can recall with lots of snow which remain unmelted over a very long period was during the one winter I spent as a student in West Berlin [1969-1970]. Once the first real snow arrived [late Oct or early Nov] it was wintry in a measure from that point forward. Although there were some serious thaws earlier Spring definitely arrived in April. But, then to let us know that old man winter was not dead, we had a blizzard in early May. It was too late to last for long, but...

The two winters I spent in Wyoming were just as cold as West Berlin, but they really did not have much snow. It is just that when it did snow it usually never warmed up enough to melt until Spring.

Here is northern Oklahoma it is rarely to have any kind of last snow or lasting severe cold. At my age with my increasing susceptibility to the cold and the wet, it is probably well that I am here rather that in one of those other place.

Praying for a brown Christmas you in Canada,
@"ByGrace"

As a afterword, I remember once in Rock Springs, Wyoming where the altitude is a bit over 6700 feet something happening that I have never experienced anywhere else. In mid June, I got up on a non-work day and under a beautiful clear blue sky the temperature climbed into the low 60's F. by noon. I was working outside on my car when quite suddenly in cold front and a storm moved in on us. Within an hour the temperature had plummeted and we were hit by a winter type blizzard which left a few inches of snow on the ground when it was done.

I am sure the altitude was the culprit in that scenario.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
i'm sure i have seen one of these, but i can't find one on google, hmm. Actually it was just the colors that we consider as corresponding to those temps, next to the mercury tower, dunno if that would fit your specs ezackly

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
hey BG, my mom lives in N Ft Myers, FL, winter wonderland, woo-hoo. Wanna trade for the winter? :D

Reactions: Helen

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's cold.

Went to check the mail and discovered I can power walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Job...no power walking here....it thawed ( to ice) and then snowed about a foot on top of that! It is treacherous underfoot here...no power walking...more like tiptoeing through the daisies. LOL

Reactions: Job

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I got caught in the rain on my way to work last night. The weather still looks a little dull and grey. I cannot wait till summer weather kicks around...:rolleyes:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I got caught in the rain on my way to work last night. The weather still looks a little dull and grey. I cannot wait till summer weather kicks around...:rolleyes:

My heart bleeds for you...;)
Try 5 or more months of ice and snow!!!