What's the Weather Like in your part of the world Right Now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fun post...I like that ...I didn’t know that :)

I saw a tee shirt with a map of the US on it.
The name TEXAS appeared on an outline of Texas....
The rest of the map said "NOT TEXAS"...

Struck me as cleverly amusing.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not at all. Some of us care deeply for people outside Quebec....which we call the ROC (rest of Canada) ;)

I am guessing you speak French?
We were in a restaurant there years ago...and the waiter pretended that he couldn’t understand us...so he would not take our order , and was very rude to us , he wanted us to leave...so we did. :)

There is enmity between thee and me...I was born and raised In England.
The Brits have never got over William the Conquor killing King Harold and stealing the British throne.
So no Briton likes the Frogs.

I’ve been gone from there for 43 years now.
The beautiful England which was...is nothing like the England which now is....:(

We used to go back every two years to visit friends and family. 2004 I said “Never again, I hate this ruined England and will never come back. “ ....and I never have. It’s gone.:oops:

Bless you ....H.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sour grapes... :rolleyes:

Just a long memory :D

No doubt your roots don’t even go back to France.,.Canada is a very mixed bag.

Wow...it must be almost 4am there...it is 12.46 here!! ( I can’t sleep) :(

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just a long memory :D

No doubt your roots don’t even go back to France.,.Canada is a very mixed bag.

Wow...it must be almost 4am there...it is 12.46 here!! ( I can’t sleep) :(

Yes... . they go back to Lorraine in France. 1700's

I usually get up in the middle of the night. Quiet time...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ByGrace ~

Weather has been very overcast and gray and rainy on and off. The sun makes an appearence just before dusk. LOL

God Bless,
Taken

B

brakelite

I am guessing you speak French?
We were in a restaurant there years ago...and the waiter pretended that he couldn’t understand us...so he would not take our order , and was very rude to us , he wanted us to leave...so we did. :)

There is enmity between thee and me...I was born and raised In England.
The Brits have never got over William the Conquor killing King Harold and stealing the British throne.
So no Briton likes the Frogs.

I’ve been gone from there for 43 years now.
The beautiful England which was...is nothing like the England which now is....:(

We used to go back every two years to visit friends and family. 2004 I said “Never again, I hate this ruined England and will never come back. “ ....and I never have. It’s gone.:oops:

Bless you ....H.
If you want to visit somewhere that reminds you of England, some would suggest Christchurch NZ.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Q. What is the weather like in your part of the word, right now?

* It has been unseasonably hot here in the UK, over the last few days. !???

Lovely to sit out in the sun, yes, but my mind is now set on warm soups and casseroles, not salad foods! I want to curl up with a book before a fire's glow, get my crochet out in the darkening evenings to work at in the light of a lamp, with warm socks and a blanket!

There are grapes ripening on the vine in the garden and the blackbirds are having a feast. Roses are growing again over the trellis, when they should be asleep for the winter!

Love in Christ Jesus
Chris

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you want to visit somewhere that reminds you of England, some would suggest Christchurch NZ.

In my dreams...I would love to.

Both my daughters and their families have visited NZ and love it.
You are in an Eden there I am guessing...
Many of our friends left England in the 70's and came there, or to OZ.
God spoke for us to come to Canada...Hmmm I think He has a sense of humour! :)

But at least, as my hubby says.. " We are now among the... "many are cold but few are frozen"... :D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Q. What is the weather like in your part of the word, right now?

* It has been unseasonably hot here in the UK, over the last few days. !???

Lovely to sit out in the sun, yes, but my mind is now set on warm soups and casseroles, not salad foods! I want to curl up with a book before a fire's glow, get my crochet out in the darkening evenings to work at in the light of a lamp, with warm socks and a blanket!

There are grapes ripening on the vine in the garden and the blackbirds are having a feast. Roses are growing again over the trellis, when they should be asleep for the winter!

Love in Christ Jesus
Chris

It sounds heavenly...I am guessing that you are not in the middle of any big city?
Last time I was back in 2004 I went to The Great Dixter. ( Sussex or Kent I can't remember)
That to me was the England of old...roses and honeysuckle...
When I came back here I told my kids that I wanted to be scattered there in one of the wildflower meadows...they said they'd probably not be allowed unless they made holes in their pockets and dribbled me out as they walked. :D

Now 14 years later ...I just say "dump me in the river.." which is legal..lakes are not, but running water is. Not sure what the rule would be in winter , about thick ICE!!! LOL

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But at least, as my hubby says.. " We are now among the... "many are cold but few are frozen"... :D

That is funny, I needed that! This week I received a background photo of a lake in NZ, surrounded with wildflower's, My Wife and I made the statement, that if ever there was something close to heaven, or Eden, that Photo was it, it was so Beautiful that it had a peace to it.
Still 101 degrees yesterday, but maybe today 98 or 99.

B

brakelite

In my dreams...I would love to.

Both my daughters and their families have visited NZ and love it.
You are in an Eden there I am guessing...
Many of our friends left England in the 70's and came there, or to OZ.
God spoke for us to come to Canada...Hmmm I think He has a sense of humour! :)

Love your hubby's quote... May I use that? Never mind, I'm going to use it anyway. NZ is a wonderful country, but so expensive now. Hence my current address being Oz. From a country of 5 million to a city of 5 million. Big step for someone who swore all his life never to set as much as a big toe on Australian soil. So there's always hope that maybe you will escape the freezer. My late uncle and auntie lived in Saskatchewan for many years... Came back to NZ with an Oldsmobile Cutlass... Was our wedding car.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Love your hubby's quote... May I use that? Never mind, I'm going to use it anyway. NZ is a wonderful country, but so expensive now. Hence my current address being Oz. From a country of 5 million to a city of 5 million. Big step for someone who swore all his life never to set as much as a big toe on Australian soil. So there's always hope that maybe you will escape the freezer. My late uncle and auntie lived in Saskatchewan for many years... Came back to NZ with an Oldsmobile Cutlass... Was our wedding car.

I wrote a long response here then lost it when I tried up upload a photo of the view from our house of 5" of snow....which my hubby is now shovelling.

I was rabbiting-on about Saskatchewan being our next province, butting on to us..and we Alberta, are a prairie provence...hence we got smoke from them...and British Columbia on the left ...blah blah ...then lost the lot.

I have put up photos on here before...but they have changed things on here...now I don't know how to. :(

Oh well....

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...It is only zero...but the ice under the snow is very dangerous!! :(

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rain for the last few days, the temp has been pretty steady between upper 60's and into the 70's. The rain makes it seem colder I think, because of the dampness.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...It is only zero...but the ice under the snow is very dangerous!! :(
You mean zero Celsius not Fahrenheit, right? Zero Celsius is the freezing point of water. The freezing point of water in Fahrenheit is plus 32. Zero Fahrenheit would equal about -17.777 Celsius.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You mean zero Celsius not Fahrenheit, right? Zero Celsius is the freezing point of water. The freezing point of water in Fahrenheit is plus 32. Zero Fahrenheit would equal about -17.777 Celsius.

Sorry yes...Celsius...we left Fahrenheit in the dust decades ago now...along with feet and inches...and miles per gallon etc.. :D

But, having grown up with them...I think they were better.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus