When did Daniel 7:13-14 happen?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see him as Antiochus
Daniel's (Little Horn) and John's (The Beast) same bad guy in different prophetic books, future events unfulfilled

Daniel 7:21KJV
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Revelation 13:7KJV
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

Reactions: Marilyn C

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Daniel's (Little Horn) and John's (The Beast) same bad guy in different prophetic books, future events unfulfilled

Daniel 7:21KJV
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

Revelation 13:7KJV
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

More than one person in history has already done that

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More than one person in history has already done that
We Disagree, The Fulfillment Is Future As You Have Been Shown "Several Times"

The Horn Will Be Present On Earth To Witness The Second Coming And Final Judgement, Just As Daniel 7:9-11 below clearly teaches

Daniel 7:9-11KJV
9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Same as Paul's (Man Of Sin) same bad guy destroyed at the second coming, a future event unfulfilled

2 Thessalonians 2:8KJV
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Last edited:

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes the re was still another to come but the beast of revelation is different from the fourth beast in Daniel. There is an OT beast and a NT beast

Hi Marty,

The 4th beast of Dan.7 is the power over the other beasts (Lion/Eagle, bear & Leopard). It becomes a composite Global Government as shown in Rev. 13 -
- Lion, Bear & Leopard with the terrifying kingdom/Federation of 10 crowned horns/political powers, over them.

In contemporary language the emblems stand for -

1. Lion (with eagle wings) - the UK & USA.
2. Bear - Russia.
3. Leopard - EU.
4. Terrifying Federation - Islam.

The first 3 great powers are the leaders in the G 7/8, G 20 & UN. Thus when God deals with the Russian Federation, (& Iran, Ethiopia & Libya) soon, then the terrifying Federation will arise with deceit and eventually control the other great powers.

Quite a lot there, so I may need to do some threads on the details from God`s word.

regards, Marilyn.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To use a favored word, we apparently have an entirely different "paradigm." IMO, the argument that there were powers that grew out of them which were spiritual is "right out."

16fafbe06b55da427bbf057639da3da8.jpg
Not so much 'spiritual', but with religious components. Take for example the Ostrogoth nations, which were one of the original ten horns that grew from them remains of the Roman empire in the 5th century. They were evangelized by Wulfilas, and their history declares a remarkable change in temperament and character compared to their warlike beginnings. They were however described by the Catholic Church, their declared enemy, as Arians. Wulfilas however, according to his own writings, clearly agreed to the deity of Jesus, but disagreed not only with there Trinity as the recent councils had formulated, but I believe he would have certainly disagreed with the manner by which the Roman church enforced it. By having those Arian nations wiped out by the eastern armies of emperor, Justinian.
So while those horns were literal nations, there was a religious connection in all of them relating to the little horn that came up after. Another was the Franks, those king Clovis converted to catholicism and then went about serving his pontiff by waging war and destruction across Europe.

Reactions: covenantee

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so much 'spiritual', but with religious components. Take for example the Ostrogoth nations...

Ugh.

You know I respect your mind and all, but the minute we get off into Historicism, my mind goes, "Yeah, not getting into the Ostrogoths today," LoL.

It's not that I'm incapable, just saying, Historicism has always struck me as an overly-involved and unnecessary exercise; kinda like when you open a 3000 piece jigsaw puzzle and every one is virtually the same color. You know that what follows will be work, not anything resembling fun.

h0iwpxe807m01.jpg

Reactions: Truth7t7

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Marty,

The 4th beast of Dan.7 is the power over the other beasts (Lion/Eagle, bear & Leopard). It becomes a composite Global Government as shown in Rev. 13 -
- Lion, Bear & Leopard with the terrifying kingdom/Federation of 10 crowned horns/political powers, over them.

In contemporary language the emblems stand for -

1. Lion (with eagle wings) - the UK & USA.
2. Bear - Russia.
3. Leopard - EU.
4. Terrifying Federation - Islam.

The first 3 great powers are the leaders in the G 7/8, G 20 & UN. Thus when God deals with the Russian Federation, (& Iran, Ethiopia & Libya) soon, then the terrifying Federation will arise with deceit and eventually control the other great powers.

Quite a lot there, so I may need to do some threads on the details from God`s word.

regards, Marilyn.

Or this happened in the past during Daniels day like we see in the book of Daniel.

We need to remember that these books weren’t written to us they were written to past generations. They are for us but not written to us.

They were warnings to people of soon coming persecutions to give them hope and let them know that the faithful would prevail through them.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or this happened in the past during Daniels day like we see in the book of Daniel.

We need to remember that these books weren’t written to us they were written to past generations. They are for us but not written to us.

They were warnings to people of soon coming persecutions to give them hope and let them know that the faithful would prevail through them.
The book of Daniel is "Prophetic", having events that will take place in the "Future"

Where in history has the second coming and final judgement taken place in history as seen below

Daniel 7:10-11KJV
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The book of Daniel is "Prophetic", having events that will take place in the "Future"

Where in history has the second coming and final judgement taken place in history as seen below

Daniel 7:10-11KJV
Warmer, warmer...

Where indeed!

When was it that "the books were opened?" Daniel 7:10

"In the beginning was the word..."

It's called: postdiction.

I told you so!

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Warmer, warmer...

Where indeed!

When was it that "the books were opened?" Daniel 7:10

"In the beginning was the word..."

It's called: postdiction.

I told you so!
Scott your denial of the future, literal,visible, coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens is outside the realm of orthodox Christian theology, out in left field would be a big understatement

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ugh.

You know I respect your mind and all, but the minute we get off into Historicism, my mind goes, "Yeah, not getting into the Ostrogoths today," LoL.

It's not that I'm incapable, just saying, Historicism has always struck me as an overly-involved and unnecessary exercise; kinda like when you open a 3000 piece jigsaw puzzle and every one is virtually the same color. You know that what follows will be work, not anything resembling fun.

h0iwpxe807m01.jpg
Mmm. Far easier to say, its all in the future. That way the icky stuff to do with the papal Antichrist can be forgotten or ignored and all we have to worry about is some imaginary mythical anti super hero of the indefinite future.