When did Daniel 7:13-14 happen?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes the re was still another to come but the beast of revelation is different from the fourth beast in Daniel. There is an OT beast and a NT beast
The first beast of Revelation12 is a composite of those 4 beasts. A power that is independent from them, but inherited their attributes, character, and this explains why the prophecy says that despite being defeated,
KJV Daniel 7:12
12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
Their lives were prolonged through the horns that grew from them. Powers that inherited their nature... Which clearly must be spiritual. One characteristic of those beasts, and certainly one which the Revelation sea beast inherited, was a unity of church and state...a pagan characteristic typical of Babylon, Greece, Persia, and Rome.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The first beast of Revelation12 is a composite of those 4 beasts. A power that is independent from them, but inherited their attributes, character, and this explains why the prophecy says that despite being defeated,
KJV Daniel 7:12
12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
Their lives were prolonged through the horns that grew from them. Powers that inherited their nature... Which clearly must be spiritual. One characteristic of those beasts, and certainly one which the Revelation sea beast inherited, was a unity of church and state...a pagan characteristic typical of Babylon, Greece, Persia, and Rome.

Yes I see it as empires that defeated and consumed the previous empires

I see beast as demonic beings in charge and influencing nations and their leaders like we see in Daniel chapter 10

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's an aspect that needs to be recognized however. While I agree with you that the first 4 empires, Babylon, Meda-Persia, Greece and Rome were earthly kingdoms, there are other powers/horns that grew from them, one of which considered itself a spiritual power by opposing even heaven. Obviously this cannot be in a physical sense, but spiritual.
KJV Daniel 8:9-11
9 And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.
10 And it waxed great, even to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and of the stars to the ground, and stamped upon them.
11 Yea, he magnified himself even to the prince of the host, and by him the daily sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his sanctuary was cast down.

To use a favored word, we apparently have an entirely different "paradigm." IMO, the argument that there were powers that grew out of them which were spiritual is "right out."

16fafbe06b55da427bbf057639da3da8.jpg

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"you will see the Son of Man coming" speaking to the high priest during that time. Meaning that the high priest would "soon" see Him after his own death...as Jesus also said of all those "things that would shortly come to pass." Which indeed is also yet in the future (as you say) for those who have yet to enter into His presence.
I strongly disagree with your (Full Preterist) interpretation, suggesting the future second coming of Jesus Christ is experienced at a person's individual death, and its not a future global event, glorius in the heavens witnessed by the world

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
while the Son is building up and maturing His Body. (Eph. 4: 13)

When the Lord, the Head of His Body comes for His Overcomers, then He will gather them together and take them to His own throne in the highest. (Rev. 3: 21) From there the Lord will start to execute the judgments written upon the scroll. The Body of Christ will also judge the world system and (fallen) angels. (1 Cor. 6: 2 & 3)
Smiles! :)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This earth will not be destroyed ,do you not know that God's favorite place is on this earth?
Revelation 21:1-5KJV
1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Too many similarities for me, Marty.

Sure but if you look into history you will see that Antiochus fulfilled what Daniel wrote about the 4th beast. This happened during the time of the Maccabees which happened after Daniels time. If you were a Jew living in those days what would you think Daniel wrote about?

Also just like Daniel prophesied Antiochus was judged by God so the faithful Jews of that time trusted in God and their faith was rewarded.

There are similarities but also some differences

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I strongly disagree with your (Full Preterist) interpretation, suggesting the future second coming of Jesus Christ is experienced at a person's individual death, and its not a future global event, glorius in the heavens witnessed by the world
Believe what you will. That is your decision.

However, my understanding of what Full Preterists believe is that these things have already fully occurred...but that is not at all what I said.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe what you will. That is your decision.

However, my understanding of what Full Preterists believe is that these things have already fully occurred...but that is not at all what I said.
Scott you clearly defined "You will see the Son of Man coming" as the high priest experiencing this at his personal death

Scott (Full Preterist) teach that the second coming of Jesus Christ takes place at a person's individual personal death

Question? Scott do you believe in a future, literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens as seen below?

Revelation 1:7KJV
7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott you clearly defined "You will see the Son of Man coming" as the high priest experiencing this at his personal death

Scott (Full Preterist) teach that the second coming of Jesus Christ takes place at a person's individual personal death

Question? Scott do you believe in a future, literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens as seen below?

7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
  1. Yes, every eye sees Jesus coming in the clouds, which is to say, in the spirit after the resurrection.
  2. The second coming according to Paul is "each one in his own order."
  3. Your next question about a literal, presumably worldly visible 2nd coming, is not biblical, as Christ said, "the kingdom of God does not come by observation." Thus, it is a spiritual event, that is, an event that is in the presence of God whom is spirit...the only possible way that every eye can see.

Reactions: Marty fox

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
  1. Yes, every eye sees Jesus coming in the clouds, which is to say, in the spirit after the resurrection.
  2. The second coming according to Paul is "each one in his own order."
  3. Your next question about a literal, presumably worldly visible 2nd coming, is not biblical, as Christ said, "the kingdom of God does not come by observation." Thus, it is a spiritual event, that is, an event that is in the presence of God whom is spirit...the only possible way that every eye can see.
Yes your interpretation is in the camp of (Full Preterism) as you deny the future, literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens, it's that simple

Your belief is 100% against scriptural truth, that is seen in multiple places in scripture, a foundational pillar in orthodox christian theology

As clearly seen below, human eyes upon earth will witness the event of this literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens (Fact)

Matthew 24:30KJV
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes your interpretation is in the camp of (Full Preterism) as you deny the literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens, it's that simple

Your belief is 100% against scriptural truth, that is seen in multiple places in scripture, a foundational pillar in orthodox theology in eschatology

As clearly seen below, human eyes upon earth will witness the event of this literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens (Fact)

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Your accusation is not only false as I quoted it from the scriptures, but it is also foolish.

Having "eyes to see" is not a worldly birth right, but is from God. And the clouds of heaven...are not water vapor.

Stop acting like a child.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your accusation is not only false as I quoted it from the scriptures, but it is also foolish.

Having "eyes to see" is not a worldly birth right, but is from God. And the clouds of heaven...are not water vapor.

Stop acting like a child.
As clearly seen below, human eyes upon earth will witness the event of this future literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens (Fact)

Jesus Is The Lord

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As clearly seen below, human eyes upon earth will witness the event of this future literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens (Fact)

Jesus Is The Lord

Again worldly and foolish.

You are interpreting the glorious appearing of the Son of God, as another lowly worldly event.

That is not at all what is being described.

Those passages are not telling of a repeat visit return on this level, but the event of all being raised up before God, that those who are His should be where He is.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again worldly and foolish.

You are interpreting the glorious appearing of the Son of God, as another lowly worldly event.

That is not at all what is being described.

Those passages are not telling of a repeat visit return on this level, but the event of all being raised up before God, that those who are His should be where He is.
You deny the foundational pillar in the Christian orthodox faith, in the future literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens

Scott I Strongly Disagree with your (Full Preterist) claims, the horse is dead

Jesus Is The Lord

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You deny the foundation pillar in the Christian orthodox faith, in the future literal, visible, second coming of Jesus Christ in the heavens

Scott I Strongly Disagree with your (Full Preterist claims, the horse is dead

Jesus Is The Lord
You mean that less than approved seven orthodox churches that both Peter and Paul foretold would without a doubt be infiltrated by false teachers and succumb to strong delusion?

Yes, I deny a lot of their teaching.

Wake up!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure but if you look into history you will see that Antiochus fulfilled what Daniel wrote about the 4th beast. This happened during the time of the Maccabees which happened after Daniels time. If you were a Jew living in those days what would you think Daniel wrote about?

Also just like Daniel prophesied Antiochus was judged by God so the faithful Jews of that time trusted in God and their faith was rewarded.

There are similarities but also some differences
"No" Antiochus Epiphanies 167 BC didn't fulfill Matthew 24:15 below, if that was the case Matthew wouldn't have written a warning on a historical event that already took place, a no Brainer :confused:

Matthew 24:15KJV
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand : )

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"No" Antiochus Epiphanies 167 BC didn't fulfill Matthew 24:15 below, if that was the case Matthew wouldn't have written a warning on a historical event that already took place, a no Brainer :confused:

Matthew 24:15KJV
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand : )

I didn't say that he fulfilled any of Matthew 24 because he didn't. I was talking about Daniels 4th beast