"When did the RCC begin?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
mjrhealth said:
Theonly thing Christ ever asked for was faith, everthing else is man made tradition. pleases the flesh.
well, then you should be Catholic, since you do not like man-made religions and etc

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
tom55 said:
For someone who has "never read one word of Dave Hunts books" what you write about the RCC being the Whore of Babylon are almost direct quotes from his books AND I noticed you have quoted him multiple times on your website. I'm just sayin'............... <_<

What makes Dave Hunt infallible??? Doesn't scripture warn us about no prophecy of the Scripture being a matter of one’s own interpretation? Scripture says that no prophecy at any time was produced by the will of man, but holy MEN moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Is it possible that David Hunt and you are wrong in your interpretation??

http://jimmyakin.com/hunt-ing-the-whore-of-babylon

Read the Bible Revelation 17 and 18....no doubt about it!

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ScaliaFan said:
well, then you should be Catholic, since you do not like man-made religions and etc
People_Laughing.jpg

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
kerwin said:
H.Richard,

mjrhealth is right on. The children of God have Jesus' righteousness imputed to them because they [/size] believe and trust in what Jesus did for them on the cross. They have Jesus' righteousness not their own.
Obviously you think your righteousness is the same as Jesus' righteousness.

I wonder what God thinks of your wanting to say you are just as righteous as His Son.

There is nothing about Jesus' righteousness being imputed to anyone in Scripture.

Righteousness is imputed to those that believe God but since Abraham was not even in the old covenant, much less the new, that is true to even those that have not heard the gospel.

Jesus received the Spirit of God, which is the Holy Spirit, and he walked by it. He now gives that same Spirit to other so they to can walk by it and therefore bear its fruit.
Psalm 51:1-2 - O God, blot out my transgressions, wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. This cleansing requires an inner change of heart. Many Protestants believe that we are so depraved that God only covers our sins up by declaring us righteous (imputing Christ’s righteousness to us). The Catholic (and Scriptural view), however, is that God is powerful enough to blot out our sins and remove them. The view that God just declares us righteous by “covering us up,” denigrates the role of the Holy Spirit in our lives, who continues the work of Christ through His work of justification and sanctification (infusing His grace into souls and changing the inner person.

John 3:16 - justification is ongoing, not a one-time event. God so loved (past) the world, that He gave (past) His only Son, that whoever believes (ongoing) in Him may have eternal life.

The word “believes” is “pisteuo” in Greek which necessarily includes obedience throughout one’s life. This is proved by 1 Peter 2:7-8 which also uses “pisteuo” (to obey) and “apitheo” (to disobey).

The same word “pisteuo” is used in many other verses about “believing in Christ” such as John 3:36; 5:24; Rom. 4:24; 10:9-10; cf. Rom. 1:5,16; 6:17; 16:26; 1 John 5:13 (often used by Protestants to support their “faith alone” theology). To “believe” means to “obey” throughout one’s life; it is not a one-time acceptance of Jesus as Savior.

Hebrews 13:17 says, "Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you."

What is the expiration date for this verse?

new_ltsb_300.gif

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You should not laugh at God's Holy word MJR....even though your posts reflect it!
Well for one who continuilly makes a mockery of Jesus and all He has done, sorry but it was funny, in fact hilarious, why on earth would i want to join the catholic church, I ma a christian because of Christ, you are a catholic because of your churches doctrines, I follow Christ alone, you follow and are obedient to you catholic leaders. You are inward and outward a catholic and every post you make says just that.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
heretoeternity said:
You are in denial...you posted the picture of you laughing at God's word...happy with yourself right?
You sir are a fool. go back and look who posted and stop getting mad at everyone.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am not laughing at God's holy word, but ScaliFan's statement:

It struck me as fu0nny because Catholicism is not a man made religion. It can be scripturally and historically proven to be founded by Christ. If it were a man made religion, it would not have survived 2000 years of resistance from the world, and 100 years of persecution from fundamentalists. (your roots are only 100 years old)

Hebrews 13:17 says, "Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you."

​I'm waiting for you to answer my question. Fat chance. Rebellion to authority is essential to Protestantism, resulting in Protestants rebelling against Protestants. That's one of your man made traditions, in violation of Hebrews 13:17 and dozens of other verses, St. Paul tells us to avoid those who cause them. Meanwhile, tens of thousands of denominations later........

Romans 16:17(KJV) Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
"which ye have learned", not which ye have read. "which ye have learned" is Tradition, (passed down from Christ to the Apostles to their successors, THAT is Tradition, not your silly fantasies) Paul is not referring to a Bible that would not exist until the 4th century. You are always harping about man made traditions, there are no man made traditions in the CC. Your definition of Tradition is false and it seems you are INCAPABLE of understanding what it really means. I gave one example of Tradition, there are dozens more. Ignoring God's word (Scripture AND Tradition) is the result of sola scriptura, a man made tradition based on human opinion that was rather late in coming.

church_bible_based.jpg

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kepha31 said:
I am not laughing at God's holy word, but ScaliFan's statement:

It struck me as fu0nny because Catholicism is not a man made religion. It can be scripturally and historically proven to be founded by Christ. If it were a man made religion, it would not have survived 2000 years of resistance from the world, and 100 years of persecution from fundamentalists. (your roots are only 100 years old)

​I'm waiting for you to answer my question. Fat chance. Rebellion to authority is essential to Protestantism, resulting in Protestants rebelling against Protestants. That's one of your man made traditions, in violation of Hebrews 13:17 and dozens of other verses, St. Paul tells us to avoid those who cause them. Meanwhile, tens of thousands of denominations later........

Romans 16:17(KJV) Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
"which ye have learned", not which ye have read. "which ye have learned" is Tradition, (passed down from Christ to the Apostles to their successors, THAT is Tradition, not your silly fantasies) Paul is not referring to a Bible that would not exist until the 4th century. You are always harping about man made traditions, there are no man made traditions in the CC. Your definition of Tradition is false and it seems you are INCAPABLE of understanding what it really means. I gave one example of Tradition, there are dozens more. Ignoring God's word (Scripture AND Tradition) is the result of sola scriptura, a man made tradition based on human opinion that was rather late in coming.
You said, "scripturally and historically proven".

Only if you read one verse in the Bible and falsely interpret it to mean Peter and only read and believe what those in the RCC have written through the years.

As for me, if it does evil things to people then it is evil.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Kepha31,

I am neither a protestant no a Catholic and it seems to be taken me a bit process your words.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Kelpha31,

Psalm 51:1-2 - O God, blot out my transgressions, wash me thoroughly from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. This cleansing requires an inner change of heart. Many Protestants believe that we are so depraved that God only covers our sins up by declaring us righteous (imputing Christ’s righteousness to us).

Oh, I agree with the "total depraved" doctrine though some may take the words "total depraved" as meaning something other that being enslaved to sin. I differ in that I am convinced Jesus frees those that hold to hos teaching from being enslaved to sin by giving the the Holy Spirit. It is not being imputing with Jesus' righteousness but instead it is putting on the new human that is created like God in true holiness and righteousness. (Ephesians 4:24).

Please not that what I believe is actually written in Scripture.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
For someone who has "never read one word of Dave Hunts books" what you write about the RCC being the Whore of Babylon are almost direct quotes from his books AND I noticed you have quoted him multiple times on your website. I'm just sayin'............... <_<

What makes Dave Hunt infallible??? Doesn't scripture warn us about no prophecy of the Scripture being a matter of one’s own interpretation? Scripture says that no prophecy at any time was produced by the will of man, but holy MEN moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

Is it possible that David Hunt and you are wrong in your interpretation??

http://jimmyakin.com/hunt-ing-the-whore-of-babylon
holy men!!!!, those men have the blood of all those that they persecuted and murdered just because they did not believe those so called holy men.

B

brakelite

tom55 said:
Is this the same Treybig, that contrary to the NT, celebrates the Sabbath on Saturday?
Tom, perhaps you better inform the following of their error then, If they can hear you....
"... you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify." The Faith of Our Fathers, by James Cardinal Gibbons, Archbishop of Baltimore, 88th edition, page 89. Originally published in 1876, republished and Copyright 1980 by TAN Books and Publishers, Inc., pages 72-73.

"...pastoral intuition suggested to the Church the christianization of the notion of Sunday as "the day of the sun", which was the Roman name for the day and which is retained in some modern languages.(29) This was in order to draw the faithful away from the seduction of cults which worshipped the sun, and to direct the celebration of the day to Christ, humanity's true "sun"." John Paul II, Dies Domini, 27. The day of Christ-Light, 1998

“There was and is a command to keep holy the Sabbath day, but that Sabbath day was not Sunday. It will however be readily said, and with some show of triumph, that the Sabbath was transferred from the seventh to the first day of the week, with all its duties, privileges and sanctions. Earnestly desiring information on this subject, which I have studied for many years, I ask, where can the record of such a transaction be found: Not in the New Testament – absolutely not. There is no scriptural evidence of the change of the Sabbath institution from the seventh to the first day of the week.” Dr. E. T. Hiscox, author of the ‘Baptist Manual’.

"The Sabbath was binding in Eden, and it has been in force ever since. This fourth commandment begins with the word 'remember,' showing that the Sabbath already existed when God wrote the law on the tables of stone at Sinai. How can men claim that this one commandment has been done away with when they will admit that the other nine are still binding?" - D.L. MOODY, "Weighed and Wanting," page 47.
"I honestly believe that this commandment [the fourth, or Sabbath commandment] is just as binding today as it ever was. I have talked with men who have said that it has been abrogated, but they have never been able to point to any place in the Bible where God repealed it. When Christ was on earth, He did nothing to set it aside; He freed it from the traces under which the scribes and Pharisees had put it, and gave it its true place. 'The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath.' It is just as practicable and as necessary for men today as it ever was-in fact, more than ever, because we live in such an intense age.' - Id., page 46.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
Brakelite,

The Sabbath is not binding to Gentiles even though you are correct that it is Saturday.

Note: There is an exception but it is complicated enough that I do not want to go into it.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 14:2-6
2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.
3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.
4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
NKJV