When will the "sudden destruction" from which "they will not escape" referenced in 1 Thess 5:2-3 occur and what is the scope of it?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LORD JESUS says:
Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the Abyss, holding in his hand a great chain. He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time.

Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

The rest of the dead did not come back to life until the thousand years were complete. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection! The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

How about addressing the Op instead of dancing around it. This would help you grasp the truth.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What then does Paul mean when twice he says "day of the Lord Jesus Christ" & "day of the Lord Jesus"?

1 Corinthians 1:8 (KJV) Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 5:5 (KJV)
To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

It seems to deny these phrases are not referring to the second coming of Christ would be denying that Jesus Christ is both Lord and God?

The "day of the Lord/Jesus Christ/God" written after the first advent is speaking of the same last day when Christ comes back again. If we look at "the day of the Lord" coming prophesied from Old Covenant prophets, 'day' is not limited to the 'last day' but speaks of the whole Messianic Gospel age that began when the prophecy is fulfilled during this age/era/day/time. Therefore depending on whether we are trying to understand "the day of the Lord" coming from the Old Covenant perspective or the New Covenant perspective will determine whether it means one or the last day, or it means the whole Messianic Gospel age that began with the coming of the promised Messiah as Lord and Savior the Old Covenants prophets foretold would come.

In 1 Cor. 1:8, it's referring to faith keeping you blameless before God until the Day of His gathering the believers, the Rapture.

1 Cor. 5:5, is referring to the sin of incest that one in the Church has committed. "delivering this person over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh that the spirit may be saved in the say of the Lord Jesus" is the Church body separating themselves from this person in hopes he will see his error and repent.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not demanding our own way when asking for Biblical proof for what you allege is truth. If you see that as causing division perhaps it's because you cannot support what you allege from the Word of God?
Zechariah chapter 14 is Truth.

Demanding that Zechariah ch14 conforms to your belief system is religious rebellion.

Conforming to Christ is when we prostrate ourselves and cast our crowns before Him = never imposing our view in His Presence/Word.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1 Cor. 1:8, it's referring to faith keeping you blameless before God until the Day of His gathering the believers, the Rapture.

1 Cor. 5:5, is referring to the sin of incest that one in the Church has committed. "delivering this person over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh that the spirit may be saved in the say of the Lord Jesus" is the Church body separating themselves from this person in hopes he will see his error and repent.
Replace Rapture with Resurrection and youi have a PERFECT statement.

Placing the rapture BEFORE the Resurrection is sin.

Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death,c so that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.

15By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Replace Rapture with Resurrection and youi have a PERFECT statement.

Placing the rapture BEFORE the Resurrection is sin.

Brothers, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death,c so that you will not grieve like the rest, who are without hope. 14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.

15By the word of the Lord, we declare to you that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will be the first to rise. 17After that, we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will always be with the Lord.

David, the Rapture and the Resurrection are one in the same.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah chapter 14 is Truth.

Demanding that Zechariah ch14 conforms to your belief system is religious rebellion.

Conforming to Christ is when we prostrate ourselves and cast our crowns before Him = never imposing our view in His Presence/Word.

You have an inability or unwillingness to address the multiple holes in your theological position. That is a classic Premil trait. To acknowledge this would force you to change your beliefs.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David, the Rapture and the Resurrection are one in the same.
It is always false when Rapture is presented BEFORE the Resurrection.

Now if you said "David, the Resurrection of the dead in Christ and immediately afterward the Rapture occur at His Coming.

Let us together break Bread, let us follow JESUS who said:
"For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Correct Order, down to a comma, is essential for TRUTH.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwb

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have an inability or unwillingness to address the multiple holes in your theological position. That is a classic Premil trait. To acknowledge this would force you to change your beliefs.
Key word 'force'

If you remove yourself from 'forcing' your view upon Zechariah ch14 = you stand in Truth.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Key word 'force'

If you remove yourself from 'forcing' your view upon Zechariah ch14 = you stand in Truth.

Every Scripture, argument or post presented to you that is saturated with truth you dismiss. This shows you are married to what you have been taught. You have no rebuttals. You have no counter-arguments.

My advice: get to know the Word, study it for yourself and you will quickly discover that your teachers have misled you.

• Haha
Reactions: David in NJ

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is always false when Rapture is presented BEFORE the Resurrection.

Now if you said "David, the Resurrection of the dead in Christ and immediately afterward the Rapture occur at His Coming.

Let us together break Bread, let us follow JESUS who said:
"For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

Correct Order, down to a coma, is essential for TRUTH.

Well, as usual it's difficult for us to break bread together when we totally disagree on the resurrections.

In 1 Thes. 4:13-18, which is famously referred to as the Rapture, is indeed the resurrection of the just.

The Scripture presents 3 major resurrections. They are the Rapture In 1 Thes. 4, which is the resurrection of the dead saints from the time of Adam to that very day this resurrection takes place.

The resurrection of the 144,000, who are saved at the mid-point of the 7 year Tribulation.

And 3rd, the resurrection of the unjust, who are the dead unsaved from the time of Adam until the very day of this resurrections.

They are all 3 at different times. I can explain that from Scripture if you like, but will not waste my time if you just want to argue!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, as usual it's difficult for us to break bread together when we totally disagree on the resurrections.

In 1 Thes. 4:13-18, which is famously referred to as the Rapture, is indeed the resurrection of the just.

The Scripture presents 3 major resurrections. They are the Rapture In 1 Thes. 4, which is the resurrection of the dead saints from the time of Adam to that very day this resurrection takes place.

The resurrection of the 144,000, who are saved at the mid-point of the 7 year Tribulation.

And 3rd, the resurrection of the unjust, who are the dead unsaved from the time of Adam until the very day of this resurrections.

They are all 3 at different times. I can explain that from Scripture if you like, but will not waste my time if you just want to argue!
1 Thess 4:13-18 is the RESURRECTION of the dead in Christ FIRST
AFTERWARD- the Rapture

Reversal of Scripture is the practice of satan = see Genesis 3:1-5 and Matthew 4:1-11

Worshipping the Rapture as opposed to worshipping Christ is idolatry.

Did JESUS ever say HE is the 'rapture'???
or
Did JESUS say "I am the Resurrection.........."

When christians exalt themselves above Scripture they cause division in the Body of Christ.

Very few on here exalt the Holy Scripture above themselves = 1 Corintians 1:10-13 Proverbs 30:5-6

I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree together, so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be united in mind and conviction. My brothers, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: Individuals among you are saying, “I follow Paul,” “I follow Apollos,” “I follow Cephas,” or “I follow Christ.”

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul?

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post is a perfect example of that which causes division.

Instead of demanding your way, do the Heavenly Blessing = Revelation 5:8-14

Not so. Where is a millennium mentioned in Zechariah 14? Where is any Revelation 20 detail? Nowhere. If it is: your millennium is full of conflict, war and terror.

Zechariah 14 occurred 2000 years ago. Zechariah 14:1 declares, Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.”

Hinneh Behold
yowm- day
baa' cometh
la-Yahweh the Lord
wªchulaq divides
shªlaaleek the spoils
bªqirbeek in the midst

This passage and especially its rendering in the King James Version has caused confusion to many Bible students over the years. However, a closer examination of the original dispels a lot of ambiguity surrounding the text. Firstly, the Hebrew does not actually say “the day of the Lord” as the King James Version renders it but ‘a day is coming for the Lord’.

There is no doubt, the phrase “the day of the Lord” normally relates to the second coming in Scripture, but Zechariah 14:1 does not state that in the original. We cannot therefore, with any certainty, insist upon the fact that this verse is referring to the day of the Lord. This places a completely different slant on the meaning of the whole chapter. Other versions translate the reading more accurate.

The NASB says: "Behold, a day is coming for the LORD when the spoil taken from you will be divided among you."

The YLT states: "Lo, a day hath come to Jehovah, And divided hath been thy spoil in thy midst."

A perusal of the Greek LXX Septuagint rendering of this passage supports this interpretation:

idou Behold
hmerai day
erxontai comes
tou the
kuriou Lord
kai even (or indeed)
diamerisqhsetai divides
ta the
skula spoils
sou you
en with
soi you

When we look at the usage of the Greek throughout the Old Testament (in the Greek LXX Septuagint) and our New Testament we find a definite pattern in relation to the wording and identification of the day of the Lord in the original.

In the New Testament:

Of the five “day of the Lord” passages in the New Testament, they read in the original:

Three are: “hemera kurios” (Acts 2:20, 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 2 Peter 3).

Two are: “hemera ho kurios” (1 Corinthians 5:5, 2 Corinthians 1:14).

In the Greek LXX Septuagint

Of the twenty “day of the Lord” passages in the Old Testament:

Eleven are: “hemera kurios” (Isaiah 13:6, 9, Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3, Joel 1:15, 2:1, 2:31, 3:14, Obadiah 1:15, Zephaniah 1:14, Malachi 4:5)

Four are: “hemera ho kurios” (Joel 2:11, Amos 5:18, 20, Zephaniah 1:7)

We can see, fifteen align precisely with the Greek New Testament wording and confirm that this would be the normal rendering of the coming of Christ in the Greek. That is 75%.

One reads: “hemera ekeinos kurios” (Jeremiah 46:10), also meaning day of the Lord.

One is: “hemera gar kurios” (Isaiah 2:12), literally meaning day for the Lord.

Finally, there are two references (one after the other in Zephaniah) that refer to the same climactic day. One says, “hemera thumos kurios” (Zephaniah 2:2), meaning a day of the Lord’s anger. The other reads, “hemera orge kurios” (Zephaniah 2:3), similarly meaning a day of the Lord’s anger. Plainly, they are both speaking of the same day in the same reading and in the same context.

That brings us to Zechariah 14:1, which is worded completely different from the rest, saying, “hmerai erxontai tou kuriou,” literally meaning “a day is coming for the LORD.” None of the other passages say this. It is not unreasonable to make a distinction between Zechariah’s description and that of the other nineteen references. The only similarity is the King James Version’s translation of the same in the English. Notwithstanding, regardless of how high one values the A.V. one cannot use this as conclusive proof for equating the day Zechariah is speaking of to the other nineteen. The original rendering supersedes any other translations.

Because this does not literally read “the day of the Lord” then we don’t have to understand it as “the day of the Lord.” If it were, it would have most likely read hemera kurios or hemera ho kurios in the Greek LXX Septuagint. Or failing that: hemera ekeinos kurios.

Whilst the wording of Zechariah 14:1 doesn't prevent it referring to the second coming of the Lord Jesus, the phrase ‘a day is coming for the Lord’ and ‘the day of the Lord’ are definitely not synonymous. It is therefore reasonable for us to question Premils identification of it with the second coming of the Lord and to consider the possibility that it relates to Christ’s first advent.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Thess 4:13-18 is the RESURRECTION of the dead in Christ FIRST
AFTERWARD- the Rapture

Reversal of Scripture is the practice of satan = see Genesis 3:1-5 and Matthew 4:1-11

Worshipping the Rapture as opposed to worshipping Christ is idolatry.

Did JESUS ever say HE is the 'rapture'???
or
Did JESUS say "I am the Resurrection.........."

When christians exalt themselves above Scripture they cause division in the Body of Christ.

Very few on here exalt the Holy Scripture above themselves = 1 Corintians 1:10-13 Proverbs 30:5-6

I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree together, so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be united in mind and conviction. My brothers, some from Chloe’s household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: Individuals among you are saying, “I follow Paul,” “I follow Apollos,” “I follow Cephas,” or “I follow Christ.”

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul?

Every word of God is flawless;
He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him.
Do not add to His words,
lest He rebuke you and prove you a liar.

Let's not worry about Satan right now, let's go to the Scripture.

Daniel said there will be a resurrection of the just and the unjust. What most folks believe is there is one resurrection at the return of Christ, that in not correct.

Setting aside the resurrection of the 144,00 for now, let's concentrate on the resurrection of the just and the unjust, as I said, they are two separate resurrections.

Rev. 20:4

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

These are the 144,000 that gave their lives for Christ during the Great Tribulation, they were resurrected and will reign with Christ in the Millennial reign of Christ. We will not recognize this for now, we will set it aside. Next verse.

Rev. 20:5

"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."

Notice that the rest of the dead have not been resurrected as of yet. They will have to wait another 1000 years to be resurrected. Also notice that the resurrection of the 144,000 is called "the first resurrection" so there is a "second resurrection" after 1000 years.

There is no mention of the resurrection of the just in Revelation, that's because that resurrection has already taken place before the Book of Revelation began to unfold. That resurrection took place in 1 Thes. 4:13-18, it was the Rapture that Paul spoke of.

Here's what so difficult to understand, but when you do, it all comes together. The "first resurrection" that John spoke of is divided in time. In other words, the Rapture that took place before Revelation begins and the resurrection of the 144,000 are together the "first resurrection." It is the resurrection of the just but taken place at different times.

The resurrection that must wait for 1000 years is the resurrection of the unjust. It's found in Rev. 20:11-15, it is the Great White Throne of Judgment. This is when the unsaved are resurrected from the grave and judged by God.

Most think this is the resurrection of the just and the unjust, not true.

You know yourself that the born-again in Christ are faultless in the sight of God because they are in Christ. No child of God will stand in judgment before God, we are only judged at the Bema Seat/the Judgment Seat of Christ, to see if our works pass the test of fire. It's where the rewards are given to the faithful in Christ. Paul said if the works of the believer are burned up, he will still be saved inspite of the works being burned up.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Daniel said there will be a resurrection of the just and the unjust. What most folks believe is there is one resurrection at the return of Christ, that in not correct.

Setting aside the resurrection of the 144,00 for now, let's concentrate on the resurrection of the just and the unjust, as I said, they are two separate resurrections.

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years."

These are the 144,000 that gave their lives for Christ during the Great Tribulation, they were resurrected and will reign with Christ in the Millennial reign of Christ. We will not recognize this for now, we will set it aside. Next verse.

"But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection."

Notice that the rest of the dead have not been resurrected as of yet. They will have to wait another 1000 years to be resurrected. Also notice that the resurrection of the 144,000 is called "the first resurrection" so there is a "second resurrection" after 1000 years.

There is no mention of the resurrection of the just in Revelation, that's because that resurrection has already taken place before the Book of Revelation began to unfold. That resurrection took place in 1 Thes. 4:13-18, it was the Rapture that Paul spoke of.

Here's what so difficult to understand, but when you do, it all comes together. The "first resurrection" that John spoke of is divided in time. In other words, the Rapture that took place before Revelation begins and the resurrection of the 144,000 are together the "first resurrection." It is the resurrection of the just but taken place at different times.

The resurrection that must wait for 1000 years is the resurrection of the unjust. It's found in Rev. 20:11-15, it is the Great White Throne of Judgment. This is when the unsaved are resurrected from the grave and judged by God.

You know yourself that the born-again in Christ are faultless in the sight of God because they are in Christ. No child of God will stand in judgment before God, we are only judged at the Bema Seat/the Judgment Seat of Christ, to see if our works pass the test of fire. It's where the rewards are given to the faithful in Christ. Paul said if the works of the believer are burned up, he will still be saved inspite of the works being burned up.
Never separate the Body of Christ into factions/divisions = this comes from the evil one.

There is only One Resurrection of those in Christ who are the Justified before God = Romans 8:28-30 , Titus 3:7

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son,
that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called,
these He also justified;
and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You know yourself that the born-again in Christ are faultless in the sight of God because they are in Christ. No child of God will stand in judgment before God, we are only judged at the Bema Seat/the Judgment Seat of Christ, to see if our works pass the test of fire. It's where the rewards are given to the faithful in Christ. Paul said if the works of the believer are burned up, he will still be saved inspite of the works being burned up

Never separate the Body of Christ into factions/divisions = this comes from the evil one.

There is only One Resurrection of those in Christ who are the Justified before God = Romans 8:28-30 , Titus 3:7

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son,
that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called,
these He also justified;
and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

So you're saying that the saved in Christ will stand with the unbelievers to be judged by their sins before God, when the believer in Christ has no sin before the Throne of God. You better think again, my friend.

At the Great White Throne of Judgment the unbelievers stand before God, at the Judgment Seat of Christ the believers will stand before Christ.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so. Where is a millennium mentioned in Zechariah 14? Where is any Revelation 20 detail? Nowhere. If it is: your millennium is full of conflict, war and terror.

Zechariah 14 occurred 2000 years ago. Zechariah 14:1 declares, Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.”

Hinneh Behold
yowm- day
baa' cometh
la-Yahweh the Lord
wªchulaq divides
shªlaaleek the spoils
bªqirbeek in the midst

This passage and especially its rendering in the King James Version has caused confusion to many Bible students over the years. However, a closer examination of the original dispels a lot of ambiguity surrounding the text. Firstly, the Hebrew does not actually say “the day of the Lord” as the King James Version renders it but ‘a day is coming for the Lord’.

There is no doubt, the phrase “the day of the Lord” normally relates to the second coming in Scripture, but Zechariah 14:1 does not state that in the original. We cannot therefore, with any certainty, insist upon the fact that this verse is referring to the day of the Lord. This places a completely different slant on the meaning of the whole chapter. Other versions translate the reading more accurate.

The NASB says: "Behold, a day is coming for the LORD when the spoil taken from you will be divided among you."

The YLT states: "Lo, a day hath come to Jehovah, And divided hath been thy spoil in thy midst."

A perusal of the Greek LXX Septuagint rendering of this passage supports this interpretation:

idou Behold
hmerai day
erxontai comes
tou the
kuriou Lord
kai even (or indeed)
diamerisqhsetai divides
ta the
skula spoils
sou you
en with
soi you

When we look at the usage of the Greek throughout the Old Testament (in the Greek LXX Septuagint) and our New Testament we find a definite pattern in relation to the wording and identification of the day of the Lord in the original.

In the New Testament:

Of the five “day of the Lord” passages in the New Testament, they read in the original:

Three are: “hemera kurios” (Acts 2:20, 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 2 Peter 3).

Two are: “hemera ho kurios” (1 Corinthians 5:5, 2 Corinthians 1:14).

In the Greek LXX Septuagint

Of the twenty “day of the Lord” passages in the Old Testament:

Eleven are: “hemera kurios” (Isaiah 13:6, 9, Ezekiel 13:5, 30:3, Joel 1:15, 2:1, 2:31, 3:14, Obadiah 1:15, Zephaniah 1:14, Malachi 4:5)

Four are: “hemera ho kurios” (Joel 2:11, Amos 5:18, 20, Zephaniah 1:7)

We can see, fifteen align precisely with the Greek New Testament wording and confirm that this would be the normal rendering of the coming of Christ in the Greek. That is 75%.

One reads: “hemera ekeinos kurios” (Jeremiah 46:10), also meaning day of the Lord.

One is: “hemera gar kurios” (Isaiah 2:12), literally meaning day for the Lord.

Finally, there are two references (one after the other in Zephaniah) that refer to the same climactic day. One says, “hemera thumos kurios” (Zephaniah 2:2), meaning a day of the Lord’s anger. The other reads, “hemera orge kurios” (Zephaniah 2:3), similarly meaning a day of the Lord’s anger. Plainly, they are both speaking of the same day in the same reading and in the same context.

That brings us to Zechariah 14:1, which is worded completely different from the rest, saying, “hmerai erxontai tou kuriou,” literally meaning “a day is coming for the LORD.” None of the other passages say this. It is not unreasonable to make a distinction between Zechariah’s description and that of the other nineteen references. The only similarity is the King James Version’s translation of the same in the English. Notwithstanding, regardless of how high one values the A.V. one cannot use this as conclusive proof for equating the day Zechariah is speaking of to the other nineteen. The original rendering supersedes any other translations.

Because this does not literally read “the day of the Lord” then we don’t have to understand it as “the day of the Lord.” If it were, it would have most likely read hemera kurios or hemera ho kurios in the Greek LXX Septuagint. Or failing that: hemera ekeinos kurios.

Whilst the wording of Zechariah 14:1 doesn't prevent it referring to the second coming of the Lord Jesus, the phrase ‘a day is coming for the Lord’ and ‘the day of the Lord’ are definitely not synonymous. It is therefore reasonable for us to question Premils identification of it with the second coming of the Lord and to consider the possibility that it relates to Christ’s first advent.
His Coming = His Second Coming = His Appearing = When He Comes
= to await His Son from heaven
= to those who look for Him
= He will appear a Second Time for Salvation
= Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory
= at His Coming
= at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints
= When he shall come to be glorified in his saints
= Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints
= Behold, the day of the LORD comes, Cruel, with both wrath and fierce anger,
= This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”
= when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”
= Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to Him
= the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
= But you, brothers, are not in the darkness so that this day should overtake you like a thief

and i could keep going here with more Holy Scripture Pointing to the Day of the LORD

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're saying that the saved in Christ will stand with the unbelievers to be judged by their sins before God, when the believer in Christ has no sin before the Throne of God. You better think again, my friend.

At the Great White Throne of Judgment the unbelievers stand before God, at the Judgment Seat of Christ the believers will stand before Christ.
Brother, i am 100% with you on the separation of the JUST from the Wicked = 2 separate resurrections

WE, you and me and all who love Christ = are in the FIRST Resurrection

the wicked comes AFTER the FIRST Resurrection = Rev ch20

Reactions: Charlie24

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Coming = His Second Coming = His Appearing = When He Comes
= to await His Son from heaven
= to those who look for Him
= He will appear a Second Time for Salvation
= Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory
= at His Coming
= at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints
= When he shall come to be glorified in his saints
= Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints
= Behold, the day of the LORD comes, Cruel, with both wrath and fierce anger,
= This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”
= when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.”
= Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to Him
= the Day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night.
= But you, brothers, are not in the darkness so that this day should overtake you like a thief

and i could keep going here with more Holy Scripture Pointing to the Day of the LORD

You seem to forget that the OT prophet was predicting this 500 years before Christ's first coming. He was predicting in obscure and symbolic terms what would actually happen when and after Jesus came to this earth. I think if you let the NT interpret the OT it might help dispel the confusion you have with passages like this. The Op, which you have no answer to, absolutely demolishes your thesis. Premil essentially results from an unhealthy fixation with, and a private interpretation of, the highly symbolic Rev 20 coupled with a misinterpretation of OT predictions to support that mistaken position.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother, i am 100% with you on the separation of the JUST from the Wicked = 2 separate resurrections

WE, you and me and all who love Christ = are in the FIRST Resurrection

the wicked comes AFTER the FIRST Resurrection = Rev ch20

Your position denies that Jesus is "the first resurrection" (Acts 26:23 and Revelation 20:6), "the firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18), "the firstfruits of them that slept" (1 Corinthians 15:20), "first begotten of the dead" (Revelation 1:5). Amils believe in corroboration. Multiple Scripture proves that the first resurrection of Jesus occurred 2000 years ago.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What about all your “mortal converts” in your supposed future millennium? Are they not physically resurrected at some stage?