When You See the Abomination of Desolation Stand in the Holy Place

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus hasn't returned in the way described by him in Matthew 24 or described by Paul in 1 Thessalonians 4 or 1 Corinthians 15.....it is this event which the scripture terms, 'the day of the Lord'

Job 19:23-27 KJV
23) Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!
24) That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!
25) For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26) And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27) Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Job foretold the time when he would personally see God standing upon the earth.

That means resurrection, that means Jesus is God, and that mean He will stand upon the earth in the latter day.

Job will see Him with his eye. God's material presence on the earth. Jesus.

Much love!

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's say the devil knows the scriptures.
We can say anything we like about the devil, but there is very little we can say with any sort of knowledge.

I can surmise that Satan is absolutely insane as only angels can go insane, but who knows?

What I DO know is the Bible can only be understood as the Holy Spirit gives understanding. Satan didn't have a clue that killing Jesus was his own total defeat. And I have no idea what he does or doesn't think.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what? Only angels can go insane? What of Legion, was he an angel then?
Sorry, I realize my lack of clarity! I meant insane in an angel sort of way.

RE the unclean spirits in Scripture, I think these were the nephilim spirits after they were drowned in the flood. Their spirits didn't go to Sheol, not being men. And they aren't really angels, so they can't properly live in the celestial realm. So they go through arid places looking for another body to live in.

Much love!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There was desolation in Jerusalem for many years after 70AD. Still not the AoD.

The people fled years before 70AD. 70AD was still not the AoD that made people flee into the Judean hillside. At least get the historical record straight. No one fled Jerusalem in 70AD. They either died, or were forced into slavery. If there was any abomination it was the acts of the rebels themselves
usurping authority over the Temple. But the Temple was rendered useless at the Cross. It was just a shallow show of man's rebellion against God between 30AD and 70AD. There was 40 years of abomination going on in the Temple to set the historical record straight. Those religious leaders told Pilate that the innocent blood of Jesus was on their hands and that of their children. How could they do the job of the Temple after that admission?

I agree with what you are saying that’s why God used Rome to judge Israel

I didn’t say that anyone fled in 70AD they fled in 66AD when Rome retreated and were then defeated by the Jews at the battle of Beth Horon. This outrages Rome and then Nero sent Vespasian to defeat Jerusalem then finally his son Titus concurred the city. The sign Jesus gave the Christians as Luke tells us was the first Roman army.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You said that the antichrist was already seated in the church, was that right? To which I disagree, unless you mean the false church.

I do not believe the antichrist is some sort of omnipresent spirit being who can be in all the churches, and all the believers. This is a created person who is in one place at one time.

There are antichrists in the church, but as counterfeit members.

Much love!
I believe the reformers were correct when they almost unanimously agreed that the Antichrist was that false church.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For example?

Im not sure which part that you mean
For instance, "when you see the abomination of desolation" compared to "when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies". These are different things, and happen at different times.

There is that pesky little phrase in Luke, but before all these, which signifies the difference.

Much love!

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I realize my lack of clarity! I meant insane in an angel sort of way.

RE the unclean spirits in Scripture, I think these were the nephilim spirits after they were drowned in the flood. Their spirits didn't go to Sheol, not being men. And they aren't really angels, so they can't properly live in the celestial realm. So they go through arid places looking for another body to live in.

Much love!
Angels cannot have offspring. Nephilim are the same as reprobate humans in the last 4500 years since the Flood. Besides the nephilim were the offspring. It was the reprobate sons of God, humans who gave birth to the nephilim, whose spirits are demonic. Many humans since the Flood have had nephilim offspring.

Jesus pointed out that angels cannot have offspring, not even with humans. What false pagan understanding, knows more than Jesus?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For instance, "when you see the abomination of desolation" compared to "when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies". These are different things, and happen at different times.

THere is that pesky little phrase in Luke, but before all these, which signifies the difference.

Much love!

Luke was writing to a gentile and Matthew was writing to Jews the Jews would of understood the term because of what happened in Daniels prophecy in the past

The gospels were not written to us but they were written for us

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with what you are saying that’s why God used Rome to judge Israel

I didn’t say that anyone fled in 70AD they fled in 66AD when Rome retreated and were then defeated by the Jews at the battle of Beth Horon. This outrages Rome and then Nero sent Vespasian to defeat Jerusalem then finally his son Titus concurred the city. The sign Jesus gave the Christians as Luke tells us was the first Roman army.
Then you also have to decide that Jesus switched from the desolation of Jerusalem to the Second Coming. This first century event did not fulfill the Second Coming nor the entire Gentile church being added until the very end.

Jesus did not even say the AoD was at the time of the Jerusalem desolation. The AoD is the last event before the end. It also happens after the Second Coming.

The 70AD event including the whole 7+ years of Roman escalation, did not bring an end to the growth of the church. It did not stop any rule of Christ on the earth. It did not even promote the church over dead OT economy. This event did not even make it into the Scriptures, as fulfilling any prophecy.

The only record of Jews fleeing was given to us by Josephus. Josephus hardly counts as the inspired Word of God that God deems a fulfillment of His Word.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No matter how anyone wishes to spin it, Jesus in Matthew 24 tells His disciples privately that they will witness the AOD.

Jesus is not a liar or a false prophet.

Reactions: Marty fox

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 70AD event including the whole 7+ years of Roman escalation, did not bring an end to the growth of the church. It did not stop any rule of Christ on the earth. It did not even promote the church over dead OT economy. This event did not even make it into the Scriptures, as fulfilling any prophecy.
This is because all prophets were fulfilled as Jesus said and the Canaan was closed.