Where do people go when they die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And still you fail to acknowledge the difference between "hades"..."Gehenna"...and "the lake of fire"....until you learn to put a hose on hell you will continue to paint God in the worst possible light, and he will not take kindly to those who bring his name into disrepute....breaking the third Commandment...(Exodus 20:7)
I have not failed nothing....the Word of God is there for all to see......you cannot erase the truth.

By continuing to promote satanic lies,

The Word of God is not satanic lies. And the Word of God stands against you.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You know, this is done with the outer darkness too. Because a verse says there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth there and also wailing and gnashing of teeth at going into the lake of fire, people assume the outer darkness and the lake are the same place. But fire produces light and heat and darkness is no light
How do you see the big picture sbg?
Can you see a God of love and perfect justice torturing people forever with no option to repent, being punished with no hope or way out?

When you said before that you were mad at God but not Jesus, was it because you didn't understand then, but you do now...or are you still wondering?
The "weeping and gnashing of teeth" has to be done whilst someone is still capable of thoughts and conclusions....according to Solomon and King David, once the "spirit" (or breath) goes out of a "soul" (which means a breather) the soul dies, (Ezekiel 18:4) and the body goes into the grave (sheol/hades) and thereafter a person is not capable of thoughts or actions of any kind. (Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10)
It is a restful sleep until Jesus awakens them. (John 5:28-29)

Speaking of those who rule in their kingdoms, David wrote that when they die...
"When their breath departs, they return to the earth;
on that very day their plans perish."
(NRSV)
So they are no longer able to carry out their plans.
If it was a good ruler then that was a pity.....but if it was a bad ruler, it was a blessing.

This translation correctly translates "spirit" as "breath"......the same "spirit" or "breath of life" that animated the first man.
Some will translate "when their spirit goes out" but it isn't some conscious entity leaving the body, it is simply their last breath, leaving their lungs....their spirit "goes out" in much the same way as a light or a candle "goes out"...it is simply extinguished.

What do you think? Sometimes strongly entrenched beliefs can be wrong, despite the fact that you have held them for some time.....God can tell you that it was a mistake, and correct you....if you let him.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the Word of God is there for all to see......you cannot erase the truth.
I couldn't agree more....but that works both ways.....doesn't it?
God's word tells you one thing (that God tortures souls forever in a fiery hell)....and it tells me another (that it would never even enter his mind to do that) .....God will adjudicate and prove which God he is. I couldn't love your god, who is nothing but a cruel sadistic despot.

The Word of God is not satanic lies. And the Word of God stands against you.
You are absolutely right...its the way people translate it that is the lie....hold onto those beliefs if they suit you, (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12) but is very apparent that my God is not your god....May the true God win....which we know he will. (Matthew 12:30)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I couldn't agree more....but that works both ways.....doesn't it?
God's word tells you one thing (that God tortures souls forever in a fiery hell)....and it tells me another (that it would never even enter his mind to do that) .....God will adjudicate and prove which God he is. I couldn't love your god, who is nothing but a cruel sadistic despot.

You are absolutely right...its the way people translate it that is the lie....hold onto those beliefs if they suit you, (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12) but is very apparent that my God is not your god....May the true God win....which we know he will. (Matthew 12:30)

Well I mean simple words to understand. Christ and every Apostle preached and warned of a fiery eternal punishment.
The book of Revelation is all about evil getting it just deserts.
My God is the God of the Bible. The God of the Old Testament was no Gay fairy. Coining the term Wrath of God.
Hebrews 10:26-27 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries.

Did you get your god in a Crackerjack box?

Since my aunt was Jehovah's Witness I got to sit in on some of their theological weaves. They have a lot of odd beliefs including denying the deity of Christ. Jehovah's witnesses, there is only one God, and that's Jehovah; whereas Christians believe in the Holy Trinity of God's presence '“ God as the father, as the son (Jesus Christ), and God as the Holy Spirit. ... The very apparent disagreement between Jehovah's witnesses and Christians is their view of Jesus.

Jehovah's Witnesses but do not believe in Hell. Unlike many other religions, Jehovah's Witnesses believe that death is not just the death of the physical body but also the death of the soul. ... However, they do believe that resurrection is possible.

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that only 144,000 people, a number found in Revelation chapters 7 and 14, will go to heaven to be kings and priest with Jesus Christ ... (1 John 5:19) So they believe that only Jehovah's Witnesses will be saved at Armageddon, but they say God will make the final choice.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You believe what you want; Those who seek for God in spirit and truth will; without faith it’s impossible to please God. A suggestion is to take in the whole scope of the context and ask God to show you his will and desire. Could express my belief to someone who continued in rejection: simply kick the dust off ones shoes and keep walking (figuratively) sometimes the only option left. Be of good cheer though. The Father above, and the Son of God Jesus is with you. Of course with faith comes love and where the spirit of the Lord is there is freedom. Question and search.

Thank you,
Matthew G.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try reading what I wrote, instead of playing definition games.

Call it whatever you want, but the scriptures i posted show unequivocally that the same everlasting fire that the damned are put in, is the place, not the grave, but the same place that was created for Satan and his angels, and angels have no bodies to sleep in the mud, and those angels are in chains there, for further proof the aren’t dirt napping, but are conscious and chained to keep them from escaping, and I showed from scripture that there are beings under the earth who speak, so aren’t sleeping in the ground.

But you’d rather play the dictionary game than actually learn the facts.

You are referring to Gehenna rather than Sheol or Hades sir. You can consider it a game if you choose to, but I would recommend you take the Bible very seriously. The promises are not established on games, rather we have a real possibility of inheriting everlasting life in the Kingdom of God. Most people would give everything they own to save their life, so I personally think that buying out the time to learn the requirements of God is worth it.

Gehenna does not represent the grave sir, rather it is representative of just exactly what the Bible defines it as, the second death.

Reactions: Aunty Jane
Status
Not open for further replies.