Which generation is "this generation"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You cite "covenant", but use it as "cult". -- I'd rather not be "welcomed" into a cult. :)

Bobby Jo

Why do you say I use it as "cult"?

Regardless, the word "cult" has taken on a lot of negative baggage over the years. The cult of Israel had God as their leader, and there's nothing wrong being in a cult when God is leading it. That is explicitly what we see in the book of Moses. It is God who leads the children of Israel out of bondage. It is God Who gives them his law, and it is God Who will enable them to keep his law.

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Ya think? If "your church" is the only TRUE way to GOD, then you're in a cult. -- And thanks, but I'll pass ... :)

Bobby Jo

Yep. Christ is the one and only way to God, and the church as his many-membered body follows in his footsteps because there is no other way.

It's quite puzzling to see people actually present an argument where it is a Given that there is only one true way to God, and then turn right around and politely decline that only true way. It is truly bizarre.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Yep. Christ is the one and only way to God, and the church as his many-membered body follows in his footsteps because there is no other way.

It's quite puzzling to see people actually present an argument where it is a Given that there is only one true way to God, and then turn right around and politely decline that only true way. It is truly bizarre.

Notice he said"if the church" he didn't say Christ wasn't ...

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Yes, I noticed that. In debate, when someone presents an argument with "if", they are presenting that as a Given. They are presenting a hypothetical situation. Evidently, you're both engaging in debate without having actually studied how to present an argument.

If the garbage truck comes on Tuesday, then I must put the garbage out on Monday night. If the garbage can is empty, then the garbage truck has already picked up my trash, etc.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@shnarkle

... "if the church" ...???

I don't see any " ... if the church ... " in the posts. But my question to @shnarkle is whether he believes the preterist position where the prophecies are all fulfilled at the time of Christ!?!

It would appear so, but not conclusively,
Bobby Jo

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@shnarkle

I don't see any " ... if the church ... " in the posts.

Here's what they posted: " If "your church" is the only TRUE way to GOD," He then committed a logical fallacy known as the non sequitur by claiming that it must therefore be a "cult". I then pointed out that God created a cult at Mt. Sinai between him and the children of Israel. So the term isn't necessarily anything to get hung up on, especially when the leader is God himself.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's what they posted: " If "your church" is the only TRUE way to GOD," He then committed a logical fallacy known as the non sequitur by claiming that it must therefore be a "cult". ...

You and @n2thelight confused what I said, and then confused what I said. Perhaps you should both read what is written before both writing what you each assumed. :confused:

NOW, -- if YOU would answer whether you are a preterist, we might have a REAL conversation rather than an imaginary conversation ...

Whew,
Bobby Jo

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You and @n2thelight confused what I said, and then confused what I said. Perhaps you should both read what is written before both writing what you each assumed. :confused:

I don't care who said what because I only focus on what is actually posted. I'm not confusing that at all. I even provide quotations to prove that fact.

NOW, -- if YOU would answer whether you are a preterist, we might have a REAL conversation rather than an imaginary conversation ...

Now-- if YOU would address the content of the original post, we might have a REAL conversation rather than YOU engaging in pointless ad hominem.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" the stars of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine. "Isaiah 13:10
This is also in contrast to psalms19
And also need to look at this

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Tecarta Bible
Revelation 21:5 KJV
[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Tecarta BibleThere’s a new heavens and a new earth. Those that were to proclaim his message didn’t so He made it desolate.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... I ... provide quotations to prove that fact.

Quote: @n2thelight
Notice he said "if the church" he didn't say Christ wasn't ...​
Quote: @shnarkle
Yes, I noticed that.​

... to prove WHAT "FACT"?!? You and @n2thelight both MISQUOTED me. -- So much for your FACTS.
Note to self: @shnarkle didn't apologize for misquoting me, but maybe that's how christians (small "c") are "like Jesus".​

Now-- if YOU would address the content of the original post, we might have a REAL conversation rather than YOU engaging in pointless ad hominem.

It's ok. You don't have to admit that your OP is apparently a defense of the preterist position, and an attack on the integrity of both Scripture and History. Nobody requires you to be HONEST, except maybe GOD, JESUS, and the CHURCH (the fellowship, not a denomination), -- but certainly not ME. :)

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
This is also in contrast to psalms19
And also need to look at this

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Tecarta Bible
Revelation 21:5 KJV
[5] And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Tecarta BibleThere’s a new heavens and a new earth. Those that were to proclaim his message didn’t so He made it desolate.

Yes, Christ doesn't say "I will make all things new someday in the future". It is through self sacrifice that we are born into the new heaven and new earth.

Reactions: Waiting on him

shnarkle

Nov 10, 2013
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Note to self: @shnarkle didn't apologize for misquoting me, but maybe that's how christians (small "c") are "like Jesus".

Here's what you posted:
If "your church" is the only TRUE way to GOD, then you're in a cult. -- And thanks, but I'll pass ... :)

Bobby Jo

I didn't misquote you at all. Regardless, this is a completely pointless waste of time so I will leave you to argue over who said what with whoever cares for that nonsense.​

It's ok. You don't have to admit that your OP is apparently a defense of the preterist position,
Perhaps it is, who knows? You're just presenting claims with nothing to back them up. No one cares for baseless claims or your personal opinions. Your snide remarks will only get you "ignored"

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't misquote you at all. ...

If anyone wants see your dishonesty, they can read:
my Post #62: "if your church"
@n2thelight Post #64: Notice he said "if the church"
@shnarkle Post #65: Yes, I noticed that.

... and the dishonesty from @shnarkle. But I guess that's how christians (small "c") honor GOD, JESUS, the HOLY SPIRIT, and the CHURCH (fellowship, not denomination).

I want to be a crooked/dishonest/disreputable christian (small "c") just like @shnarkle. -- Yeah, NOT! *
* Please note that @n2thelight should be given the opportunity to correct his mistake! :)

Whew,
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote Bobby Jo:
It's ok. You don't have to admit that your OP is apparently a defense of the preterist position,​

Quote @shnarkle:
Perhaps it is, who knows?
I think anyone who can read between the lines knows. But as I've already said, -- it's ok to be dishonest/disreputable with your audience. That's how christians (small "c") behave! :)

To All,

I keep saying that we're in the Tribulation, and if you read some of the lies/distortions/disinformation from purported Christians (capital "C"), you should find they're not actually Christians (capital "C"). They're only christians (small "c").

It's the age we live in,
Bobby Jo

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
"34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. " Matthew 24:34

Which generation? The texts indicate not only that it was the generation listening, but explicitly point out that the judgment would fall upon Jerusalem and the elders who were such a corrosive and corrupting influence over them.

Not true

Matthew 24:34 "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

"This generation" is the parable of the fig tree, that was alive at the planting of the fig tree in 1948. It is the generation that we are living in today.

Please listen to Christ and study that parable

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey, it's @n2thelight! And he's been included in the conversation regarding misquoting my Post, -- but he's apparently chosen to willfully ignore his responsibility to correct his mistake. So now, apparently both @shnarkle and @n2thelight have chosen to be disreputable.

Oh well, John didn't commend all seven churches. Some were chastised -- apparently for good reason! :)
Bobby Jo

EDIT: For anyone interested, @n2thelight cleared up the misunderstanding. Unfortunately @shnarkle is apparently content with his dishonesty! :)

Last edited:

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
@shnarkle

I don't see any " ... if the church ... " in the posts. But my question to @shnarkle is whether he believes the preterist position where the prophecies are all fulfilled at the time of Christ!?!

It would appear so, but not conclusively,
Bobby Jo

I was actually defending your position ...Sorry if I didn't make that clear

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Matthew 24:32 "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:"

This lets us know that the generation of the end times begin in the year 1948. For both the good and the bad fig tree returned to Judaea and were placed there, as Jeremiah wrote in Jeremiah 24. That is the subject of Matthew 24. Jesus told us in Mark 13:28, 29, "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near," [28] "So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh even at the doors." [29]

Now let's go to Mark

Mark 13:28 "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:"

Jesus is giving a command to His elect here, "learn a parable of the fig tree". It is necessary for you to know this parable, or you will never understand the consummation of the end of this earth age. You have to know a little about agriculture to understand the teachings of our Heavenly Father. You don't plant a fig tree, you set out shoots, and it is from that shoot that the tree is formed and it then brings forth leaves. Those leaves are the new growth, meaning that this shoot is yet tender. In this state, this fig tree will not produce any fruit. This particular fig tree produces both the good and the bad figs, that we read of in Jeremiah 24, about the two baskets of figs. Remember that one basket set was of Good figs, and the other basked was Bad figs.

The "parable of the fig tree" started in the garden of Eden, and most churches have turned this parable into a joke and a fairy-tale about apples. What happened in the garden of Eden, happened in a fig grove, and after what was done there, Adam and Eve sowed fig leaves together to cover the parts of their body that did the evil act. They made aprons to cover their private parts, because what happened there cause children to be born, one child was Cain, the son of Satan, and the other was Abel, the son of Adam. The parable of the fig tree is the identifying those children of Cain, which are called the Kenites, and the evil destruction that they are bringing on God's children, the offspring of Adam, through Seth.

Jesus didn't say, maybe you should learn this parable of the fig tree, He commanded us to do it. So the horticulture of this parable is that the fig tree always puts forth shoots, and Jeremiah 24symbolized when Judah would return to Jerusalem, and Judaea, and that happened in 1948, at the establishment of the nation of Israel, as we know it today. Full control of the city was after the war with the Arabs of 1967. This return to establish this Jewish state is important because it is part of the "parable of the fig tree", that Jesus commanded us to learn.

Mark 13:29 "So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors."

"These things" that Jesus is speaking about are these seven seals of that are the subject of Mark 13. In the verse just before this, it told us that summer was nigh and the time for Christ harvest of this earth age was going to take place. So when you see the events of these seals take place, than know that the end of this earth age of the flesh is coming to a close. Some of the signs of the end, as we saw earlier, are the establishing of a Jewish state, the new world order taking place, nations align up as biblically prophesied, and remember that when the tribe of Judah returned to their home land, it hadn't happened since their were booted out by General Titus in 70 A.D. There is not need to guess on this matter, for when you know the parable of the fig tree, God sets the date, and we are to observe what He has written to us through His Word.

Never before since the crucifixion of Christ has the Jews returned to Judaea as a nation. Remember that this was part of the subject, from verse fourteen. "But when you shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:" The command then was to flee Judaea, that is where the fig tree was to be set out.

Mark 13:30 "Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done."

Jesus is telling His disciples and thus we can count on this happening absolutely. The generation that Jesus is speaking of here is the the generation that is present to see the shoot planted in Jerusalem and Judaea. The generation that started when Jerusalem came into the hands of the Jews and the nation was establish, and it happened in 1948. Even though Jerusalem and the west bank never was completely taken unto 1967, be that as it is now, it still took place many years ago and we are living in that final generation. All the things that pertain to the seven seals will be witnessed by our generation and take place right before our eyes. Jesus is warning us to watch out for them, all of them, or you will be deceived and become part of Satan's bride.

mark13

Reactions: Keraz