Which generation is "this generation"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Said the "scholar" to the Spirit.

Fail.

ScottA, you seem to be the king of the putter downers at the moment. Anybody who disagrees with your POV are verballed by you as being idiots because they do not have your supposed understanding of having a spiritual connect with "God/the want a be god".

The question is whose "Spirit/spirit" is in view by the respective sides of the present sharing of ideas. Having the wrong source from which the spirit emulates from is a "Fail."

Being God's "spiritual guide/prophet," as you are claiming, is not justified, at all, by your posts. There are no early fruits to sample to support your perspective of your "godly" importance.

Shalom

PS: - Now how long do you want to continue in this particular stoush?

Reactions: Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
REALLY Scott you believe your own bull pads? You claim spiritual wisdom? Yet, you are mocking God's wisdom, and attempting to speak as if you have the very ear of God and speak with Him face to face.

Yes, we are in the time of the 2,300 years of the Gentiles trampling the sanctuary of God. Yes we are in the time of the visitation of the iniquities of the fathers being visited upon the fathers' children and their children's children for a period of around 2,000 years. Yes, the parable of the Fig tree and the gardener who will tend it for another season such that if the fig tree bears no fruit after the passing of the fourth season, then the gardener will allow the Lord to destroy Israel, but the end of the fourth season is not yet upon us and still has around 25 years or so to go before the fig tree is inspected for fruit in our near future.

ScottA, it seems to me that you have very big blind spots in your spiritualised understanding of God's word.

Shalom
I thought the husbandman was pruning the branches right now, and casting aside the ones that are fruitless?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScottA, you seem to be the king of the putter downers at the moment. Anybody who disagrees with your POV are verballed by you as being idiots because they do not have your supposed understanding of having a spiritual connect with "God/the want a be god".

The question is whose "Spirit/spirit" is in view by the respective sides of the present sharing of ideas. Having the wrong source from which the spirit emulates from is a "Fail."

Being God's "spiritual guide/prophet," as you are claiming, is not justified, at all, by your posts. There are no early fruits to sample to support your perspective of your "godly" importance.

Shalom

PS: - Now how long do you want to continue in this particular stoush?
Just long enough to show truth. Thanks for coming out!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only, while not reading all the post, and not saying that any is right or wrong, consider this. "This Generation", is not identifying a time period of People, but a type of People. lets give some example to see this. Matthew 3:7 "But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?". here, this is a type of Generation. all the people/Generation from Adam to presrnt day when this was spoken. let's see what type or kind of Generation is THIS. Matthew 12:34 "O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh". so the generation being spoken of was an "EVIL" generation. so THIS generation was a "EVIL" generation, who Father is of the Devil.
Matthew 12:45 "Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation".

one more, and we can clearly see "THIS" generation. Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Matthew 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Matthew 24:31 "And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Matthew 24:32 "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Matthew 24:33 "So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
Matthew 24:34 "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

so have the Lord Jesus came back in the clouds and eaped the earth? , so far, not yet. so "THIS GENERATION" is a line, or lineage of a type of People, either "GOOD" or EVIL". so The parable of the tares/THIS EVIL GENERATION prove this out. listen. Matthew 13:24 "Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Matthew 13:25 "But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Matthew 13:26 "But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
Matthew 13:27 "So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Matthew 13:28 "He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Matthew 13:29 "But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. (THIS IS WHY "THIS GENERATION, THIS EVIL/TARES GENERATION" WILL NOT PASS AWAY, TILL ...... ALL THESE THINGS BE FULFILED).
Matthew 13:30 "Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn".

so to me, this generation is identifying a type of people, instead of a particular people in time.

PICJAG.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I thought the husbandman was pruning the branches right now, and casting aside the ones that are fruitless?

With respect to the Luke_13:6-9 parable, you will need to expand a little more for me to understand your question and how your comment fits that parable.

Shalom

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With respect to the Luke_13:6-9 parable, you will need to expand a little more for me to understand your question and how your comment fits that parable.

Shalom
You had referenced the Gardner, in my understanding this is God the father

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You had referenced the Gardner, in my understanding this is God the father

Luke_13:6-9 The Parable of the Barren Fig Tree
6 He also spoke this parable: "A certain man {i.e. God},had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none. 7 Then he said to the keeper {i.e. Jesus} of his vineyard, 'Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?' 8 But he answered and said to him, 'Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it. 9 And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.'"
When we consider this parable, the timeframe of the parable is a little longer than four years. After the Fig Tree is planted, the owner of the vineyard, waited till the beginning of the next season, i.e. after a year had passed, before he began checking the fig tree to see if it was bearing any fruit, and he did this after the end of each season, at the beginning of the second, third and the fourth season, i.e. for three years. At the beginning of the fourth year, the owner turns to the keeper of the vineyard and instructs him to cut it down, but the keeper of his vineyard speaks up and asks for another year/season to pass before the fate of the tree is determined. The keeper undertakes to tend the tree and to give it nourishment, i.e. fertilizer, during the coming years and if at the end of the fourth year, i.e. season/age, if the tree is then not bring forth fruit, then cut it down. There is nothing in the text of the parable that would indicate that the keeper of the vineyard would be pruning any of the branches of the fig tree.

This parable covers a time span of four ages while the Fig Tree is accorded God's grace to repent and turn back into a covenantal relationship with Him.

The reference to pruning the branches is with respect to the grape vine and then yes I accept that it is then probably God who will prune the vine to improve the yield of the vine overall.

John_15:1-8 The True Vine
15:
1 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

This teaching of Jesus about the true vine is on a very different subject matter. It is about being a disciple. The Luke parable is a parable about the need of Israel to repent and begin to bear fruit by the end of the fourth age, otherwise it would not be redeemed.

Shalom

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 3:10 KJV
[10] And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Tecarta Bible

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you that thick? :mad:

Really thick? :D

The text from the scriptures which recounts this parable, tells us that the owner of the vineyard planted a fix tree in his vineyard. :rolleyes:

Mark 11:14,20 KJV
[14] And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it. [20] And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

Tecarta Biblethe Lord said ever.
Now that’s thick, would you agree?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mark 11:14,20 KJV
[14] And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it. [20] And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

Tecarta Biblethe Lord said ever.
Now that’s thick, would you agree?

Yep, that is how the KJV translates that verse, however, I would suggest that the actual context of the verse would suggest something very different.

IMHO, I would suggest that Christ was suggesting that the fig tree, Israel would have no fruit during the next "age," i.e. around 2,000 years, for people to eat from, until the nation of Israel was redeemed after they had served the time of the visitation of the fathers iniquities upon their children and their children's children during the third and the fourth (age) after they repent of their idolatrous sins of their fathers and their own idolatrous sins. The unfolding sequences of events during this present time would, in my opinion, confirm this for us. In other words, the scriptures suggest that Israel will once more enter into a covenant relationship with God whereby they will once more be a Kingdom of Priest, a Holy Nation and God's possession among the nations during the Millennium Age.

This is something that we can surely believe will come to pass. However the English translations, poorly transmits the message that Christ gave during His first Advent.

Shalom

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, that is how the KJV translates that verse, however, I would suggest that the actual context of the verse would suggest something very different.

IMHO, I would suggest that Christ was suggesting that the fig tree, Israel would have no fruit during the next "age," i.e. around 2,000 years, for people to eat from, until the nation of Israel was redeemed after they had served the time of the visitation of the fathers iniquities upon their children and their children's children during the third and the fourth (age) after they repent of their idolatrous sins of their fathers and their own idolatrous sins. The unfolding sequences of events during this present time would, in my opinion, confirm this for us. In other words, the scriptures suggest that Israel will once more enter into a covenant relationship with God whereby they will once more be a Kingdom of Priest, a Holy Nation and God's possession among the nations during the Millennium Age.

This is something that we can surely believe will come to pass. However the English translations, poorly transmits the message that Christ gave during His first Advent.

Shalom
So....your belligerent, Spirit mocking, blaspheming, denial of those many other passages, is based on YOUR own humble opinion of a rival, alternative translation of a single passage, or perhaps just one word?

Oh...that's rich!

B

brakelite

Shalom
That may be plausible of it were the only parable Jesus spoke of referring to Israel and the judgements thereof.

KJV Matthew 21
33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereo f.
44 and when the Pharisees heard it they perceived He was speaking of themselves.

Taking the kingdom away from the Pharisees and rulers of that generation, and giving the kingdom to....?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So....your belligerent, Spirit mocking, blaspheming, denial of those many other passages, is based on YOUR own humble opinion of a rival, alternative translation of a single passage, or perhaps just one word?

Oh...that's rich!

ScottA your slip is showing, are you on the look out for a companion to spend time with? Well sadly, I think that companion has found you.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That may be plausible of it were the only parable Jesus spoke of referring to Israel and the judgements thereof.

KJV Matthew 21
33 Hear another parable: There was a certain householder, which planted a vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a winepress in it, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into a far country:
34 And when the time of the fruit drew near, he sent his servants to the husbandmen, that they might receive the fruits of it.
35 And the husbandmen took his servants, and beat one, and killed another, and stoned another.
36 Again, he sent other servants more than the first: and they did unto them likewise.
37 But last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
38 But when the husbandmen saw the son, they said among themselves, This is the heir; come, let us kill him, and let us seize on his inheritance.
39 And they caught him, and cast him out of the vineyard, and slew him.
40 When the lord therefore of the vineyard cometh, what will he do unto those husbandmen?
41 They say unto him, He will miserably destroy those wicked men, and will let out his vineyard unto other husbandmen, which shall render him the fruits in their seasons.
42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereo f.
44 and when the Pharisees heard it they perceived He was speaking of themselves.

Taking the kingdom away from the Pharisees and rulers of that generation, and giving the kingdom to....?

brakelite, I posted on that passage recently, where from memory, I said that priesthood of the Levities was going to be taken from them and given to the other, i.e. the other tribes of Israel as well as the Gentiles graft into the vine. When the original Kingdom of Priests, etc covenant was entered into at Mt Sinai, all of the Israelite were meant to become God's priests to the nations of the earth, but because they rebelled against the terms of the covenant God intended to destroy all of the Israelites and start again with Moses' descendant but Moses interceded on their behalf and so the Mosaic covenant was entered into by God whereby the "Priesthood" and services needed for the worship of God was to be limited to only the Tribe of the Levites and the time span that they would hold this privilege would be limited up to the time of Christ's first advent, after which time Christ would become the New High Priest interceding on behalf of those who loved the Lord and kept His statutes.

Then In Jeremiah_31 Jeremiah gave a prophecy that God in the future would then redeem Israel and would make like new again this same covenant with a few small tweaks which had previously been made at Mt Sinai and which they had rebelled against.

God's promise to Abraham was that His descendants would be a blessing to all of the people of the earth. That covenantal promise of God will be fulfilled during the Millennium Age when the Israelites once more resume their duties as a Kingdom of priests, a Holy Nation and God's Possession among the nations.

The time is coming when this will happen in our near future.

Shalom

B

brakelite

brakelite, I posted on that passage recently, where from memory, I said that priesthood of the Levities was going to be taken from them and given to the other, i.e. the other tribes of Israel as well as the Gentiles graft into the vine. When the original Kingdom of Priests, etc covenant was entered into at Mt Sinai, all of the Israelite were meant to become God's priests to the nations of the earth, but because they rebelled against the terms of the covenant God intended to destroy all of the Israelites and start again with Moses' descendant but Moses interceded on their behalf and so the Mosaic covenant was entered into by God whereby the "Priesthood" and services needed for the worship of God was to be limited to only the Tribe of the Levites and the time span that they would hold this privilege would be limited up to the time of Christ's first advent, after which time Christ would become the New High Priest interceding on behalf of those who loved the Lord and kept His statutes.

Then In Jeremiah_31 Jeremiah gave a prophecy that God in the future would then redeem Israel and would make like new again this same covenant with a few small tweaks which had previously been made at Mt Sinai and which they had rebelled against.

God's promise to Abraham was that His descendants would be a blessing to all of the people of the earth. That covenantal promise of God will be fulfilled during the Millennium Age when the Israelites once more resume their duties as a Kingdom of priests, a Holy Nation and God's Possession among the nations.

The time is coming when this will happen in our near future.

Shalom
It has already been fulfilled through the church. And when the gospel of the kingdom has been peached to all the earth, then shall the end come... That task is not the nation of Israel's to perform... The everlasting gospel of Revelation 14:6-12 is the responsibility of the church... And when that task is completed, (with a lot of help from on high), then the end shall come. The millennium... Well, let's not go there shall we, please.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It has already been fulfilled through the church. And when the gospel of the kingdom has been peached to all the earth, then shall the end come... That task is not the nation of Israel's to perform... The everlasting gospel of Revelation 14:6-12 is the responsibility of the church... And when that task is completed, (with a lot of help from on high), then the end shall come. The millennium... Well, let's not go there shall we, please.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on that POV, which is replacement theology from my understanding of the scriptures. Sadly because of the many errors for a contextual nature embedded in the various translations, we often have great difficulty in seeing God's intended processes to achieve His desired outcome because of the traditions and understanding of men/women which skews the understanding of this present time.

Israel will repent of their idolatrous worship, just as we also will have to repent of our respective denominational idols that we too worship instead of God. But you are welcome to hold to your understanding and time will reveal its particular short comings, just as my short comings in my understandings and idols will be revealed in time as it passes.

Shalom