which is more christiant to do drinking beer or drinking blackberry brandy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
i hope you all say black berry brandy :D its not that i dont like beer

its just that i already invested 8 dollars and 95 cents in a bottle of the other. :(

And i only use it medicinly now that i am old and have a lot more pains than when i was younger which means i get to use it more..

any way all my foolishness of a old man in this post i made .. reminded my self of a joke .. a old cowboy is looking down at a saddle and trying to remember if he found a saddle

or lost a horse :D

Gods blessings

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
I Never had blackbery liqueur .r apricot brandy sounds interesting .. i have had blackbery wine and it goes good with a meal .

black berry brandy will give me a head acke if i drink just a little more of it than I should .. .AND I HATE HEAD ACKES .
so im rather lean with it .. and I also dont buy it very often

i use to have a beer or two but havent had one of those in several years..im a big root beer drinker though..

ITS MY FAVORITE ii and no fear of head ackes i also like the cream soda The shasta company puts out..

M not much for cokes or even pepsi though :)

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
horsecamp said:
i hope you all say black berry brandy :D its not that i dont like beer

its just that i already invested 8 dollars and 95 cents in a bottle of the other. :(

And i only use it medicinly now that i am old and have a lot more pains than when i was younger which means i get to use it more..

any way all my foolishness of a old man in this post i made .. reminded my self of a joke .. a old cowboy is looking down at a saddle and trying to remember if he found a saddle

or lost a horse :D

Gods blessings
horsecamp, if you live in the USA, then you are unlikely to experience a real beer anyway. :p

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
I believe brandy is made from wine,so brandy must be good for you.

Timothy5:23 "Drink no longer water,but use a little wine for thy stomachs sake and thine infirmities".

Salud! :D

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Pelaides said:
I believe brandy is made from wine,so brandy must be good for you.

Timothy5:23 "Drink no longer water,but use a little wine for thy stomachs sake and thine infirmities".

Salud! :D
Not sure how they make brandy , but the apricot brandy I have tried has a fairly low alcohol content , and they use real apricots for the flavoring.

Brandy tends to warm a person up rather than impair them , my dad was never a ''drinker" his whole life but he always kept brandy around as "medicine"

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
The Scots are known for producing something that is called "the water of life".

Actually, "water of life" is the English translation of a Gaelic word with that meaning.

The Gaelic word is "usquebaugh". The short form of the Gaelic is "usque", which is pronounced "whisky".

So, why have beer (or the pseudo-beer of the USA) when you can have the water of life instead? :p

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
Matthew11:19 "The son of man came eating and drinking,and they say,behold a man gluttonous,and a winebibber,a freind of publicans and sinners.but wisdom is justified of her children."

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
I like the watered down beer, but when I was a teen had a shining to the 'sweet stuff.'

What's the name of the green stuff ? Sweet it was.....

Oh youth..... Wasted on the young.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Robertson said:
It's more Christian to not be a drunkard! Be sober!
Who said anything about becoming drunk?

When done properly, the consumption of an alcoholic beverage is not troublesome.
Have you not read in Deuteronomy 14:26 that God permitted the Israelites to drink alcoholic beverages during a feast?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
This reminds me of an old book written by the late David Wilkerson. "Sipping Saints". In this book the famous founder of the Times Square Church launched into a rabid evisceration of any inkling that drinking is ok for Christians. He savages the claims that Jesus drank wine with alcohol in it and lays down some hard lines that would have Jesus actually sinning if in fact he drank alcoholic wine. I read the book because a friend wanted to convince me of his belief that drinking was wrong, but I was wincing at a respected Christian leader taking such an intransigent stance that impugns the righteousness of God if in fact he really did drink wine.

Most Christians have a more "sober" stance on the issue. The Bible talks about drinking but makes drunkenness an ignominious act. It's a tricky standard because what is it to be drunk? Standards of intoxication vary significantly when comparing American and European sensibilities. Our .08 BAC standard here is just getting started in Germany. I think the Bible exhorts us to exhibit restraint when drinking but allows us to set limits based on our conscience, which may be for some, no alcohol whatsoever. What we do in a state of impaired judgment is a good indicator of whether or not we drank too much.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
This Vale Of Tears said:
This reminds me of an old book written by the late David Wilkerson. "Sipping Saints". In this book the famous founder of the Times Square Church launched into a rabid evisceration of any inkling that drinking is ok for Christians. He savages the claims that Jesus drank wine with alcohol in it and lays down some hard lines that would have Jesus actually sinning if in fact he drank alcoholic wine. I read the book because a friend wanted to convince me of his belief that drinking was wrong, but I was wincing at a respected Christian leader taking such an intransigent stance that impugns the righteousness of God if in fact he really did drink wine.

Most Christians have a more "sober" stance on the issue. The Bible talks about drinking but makes drunkenness an ignominious act. It's a tricky standard because what is it to be drunk? Standards of intoxication vary significantly when comparing American and European sensibilities. Our .08 BAC standard here is just getting started in Germany. I think the Bible exhorts us to exhibit restraint when drinking but allows us to set limits based on our conscience, which may be for some, no alcohol whatsoever. What we do in a state of impaired judgment is a good indicator of whether or not we drank too much.
Vale, good answer!

In his book The Holy Spirit, Dr. Billy Graham says the following:

“Teetotalism or non-teetotalism cannot be proven from Scriptures. Whatever we do, we should do to the glory of God (1 Cor. 10.31). I had a wonderful Christian friend in England many years ago. He was a godly man with a great knowledge of the Scriptures and a deep and holy walk with God. Once when we had a meal with him he said, ‘I serve wine at my table to the glory of God. I know that you don't take wine, to the glory of God, so we have provided ginger ale for you.’ He continued, ‘We are taught to respect each other's liberty and each other's conscience’. ”*

[*Quote Source: Billy Graham, The Holy Spirit (Word Publishing:1988), p. 93.]

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Dodo_David said:
Vale, good answer!

In his book The Holy Spirit, Dr. Billy Graham says the following:

“Teetotalism or non-teetotalism cannot be proven from Scriptures. Whatever we do, we should do to the glory of God (1 Cor. 10.31). I had a wonderful Christian friend in England many years ago. He was a godly man with a great knowledge of the Scriptures and a deep and holy walk with God. Once when we had a meal with him he said, ‘I serve wine at my table to the glory of God. I know that you don't take wine, to the glory of God, so we have provided ginger ale for you.’ He continued, ‘We are taught to respect each other's liberty and each other's conscience’. ”*

[*Quote Source: Billy Graham, The Holy Spirit (Word Publishing:1988), p. 93.]
When Billy Graham passes away, I'm nominating him for the first Protestant to be beatified by the Catholic Church.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've never heard of black berry brandy.

The best fruit type alcoholic drink I know of is cherry beer. Mmmmmm!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Back in the early 1900s our country experienced a spark from the Welsh revival which in turn, instigated a 25year prohibition on alcohol in some areas...I think that may have had something to do with the "Salvation Army." :D bless them!

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Angelina said:
Back in the early 1900s our country experienced a spark from the Welsh revival which in turn, instigated a 25year prohibition on alcohol in some areas...I think that may have had something to do with the "Salvation Army." :D bless them!
The Salvation Army may have participated in prohibition, but didn't necessarily start it.