White dog, black dog or a little bit of both?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

White Dog

Sep 29, 2012
Maryville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings all. I ask for forgiveness in advance as what I am about to post may be seen by some as controversial and for that i apologize, but what I share is good news and can be life transforming if we will receive it.

We have all heard of the analogy:

. There is in each of us as believers, a white dog and a black dog within us. They are fighting. Which one wins? The one we feed the most.

Sound familiar? Of course, but before we just accept this as truth, let us truly compare it to the word of God and ask ourselves.... is it scriptural?

We know that there are two states we can find ourselves, either "in the flesh" or "in the spirit". The word calls these the old man and the new man. The question is, can we be in both at the same time? The answer is no, if we are walking as believers. We are told that we are to put off the old man and put on the new, not be changed over forty years so that in the end we are 70% new man and 30% old. It simply does not work if that is our pathway. We must be out of the old man now in order for us to experience the life God has bought for us through the death and resurrection of His Son.

Paul tells us in Romans 6 that we are not in the flesh, but in the spirit. In Romans 8 he tells us that we owe the flesh nothing. Yet how many of us believe this, or experience it? Instead, for most of us, we find there IS a battle within us, and our flesh rears its ugly head every day, amen? How hard it seems to walk in the spirit. But why? Has Jesus not promised us an easy yoke?

What is the cause of this? Was Paul in error? I believe not. I believe that we have failed to see the importance of obeying what Paul told us to do in Romans 6, to reckon ourselves dead to sin, dead to the flesh, and alive unto Him. This word "to reckon", is a banking term that means "to add to ones inventory. We must claim the new nature that God has

Here is the truth. God has given us new natures, where an obedient heart is a promise, rather than a requirement as it was under the law. But satan has blinded us to this, and thus, the truth that we are new creatures in Christ is not profiting us for it is not being mixed with faith. We have failed to, by faith, put off the old man, and thus, even though the black dog that was us is dead, we have failed to kill it with our faith in the truth and our unbelief has given it new life. Our shiled of faith, given to protect us against all of satan;s attacks, is on the floor, gathering dust, and it is no wonder at all that we are tossed and torn by the enemy of our souls.

Listen, all who love the Lord, who long to be obedient, to walk pleasing to God every day, who hunger for fruits of the Spirit to be manifested in their lives, but who find it not only difficult but truly impossible. God wants each one of us to sink their teeth into this truth until our hearts truly grasp it.

The black dog inside us is dead.

Will you believe it? God's word can be no clearer. We are NOW light in the lord, not trying to become light. Our amazing God has set us free indeed. Why do we not experience walking as true overcomers. Is it not because we simply do not believe it?

Oh saints, let us believe it and discover what has up til now been hidden from our eyes, the path leading to the glorious liberty of the children of God. He has given us brand new natures. But it is only when we come to agree with God as to what He HAS DONE (past tense) that the power to stand against all temptation will be our possession. We must believe it is ours... right now, despite what we see or feel, before we are able to enjoy its benefits. This is the good fight of faith we have all been called to.

Told you it would be a tad controversial. LOL.

Blessings,

White Dog

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Greetings all. I ask for forgiveness in advance as what I am about to post may be seen by some as controversial and for that i apologize, but what I share is good news and can be life transforming if we will receive it.

We have all heard of the analogy:

. There is in each of us as believers, a white dog and a black dog within us. They are fighting. Which one wins? The one we feed the most.

Sound familiar? Of course, but before we just accept this as truth, let us truly compare it to the word of God and ask ourselves.... is it scriptural?

We know that there are two states we can find ourselves, either "in the flesh" or "in the spirit". The word calls these the old man and the new man. The question is, can we be in both at the same time? The answer is no, if we are walking as believers. We are told that we are to put off the old man and put on the new, not be changed over forty years so that in the end we are 70% new man and 30% old. It simply does not work if that is our pathway. We must be out of the old man now in order for us to experience the life God has bought for us through the death and resurrection of His Son.

Paul tells us in Romans 6 that we are not in the flesh, but in the spirit. In Romans 8 he tells us that we owe the flesh nothing. Yet how many of us believe this, or experience it? Instead, for most of us, we find there IS a battle within us, and our flesh rears its ugly head every day, amen? How hard it seems to walk in the spirit. But why? Has Jesus not promised us an easy yoke?

What is the cause of this? Was Paul in error? I believe not. I believe that we have failed to see the importance of obeying what Paul told us to do in Romans 6, to reckon ourselves dead to sin, dead to the flesh, and alive unto Him. This word "to reckon", is a banking term that means "to add to ones inventory. We must claim the new nature that God has

Here is the truth. God has given us new natures, where an obedient heart is a promise, rather than a requirement as it was under the law. But satan has blinded us to this, and thus, the truth that we are new creatures in Christ is not profiting us for it is not being mixed with faith. We have failed to, by faith, put off the old man, and thus, even though the black dog that was us is dead, we have failed to kill it with our faith in the truth and our unbelief has given it new life. Our shiled of faith, given to protect us against all of satan;s attacks, is on the floor, gathering dust, and it is no wonder at all that we are tossed and torn by the enemy of our souls.

Listen, all who love the Lord, who long to be obedient, to walk pleasing to God every day, who hunger for fruits of the Spirit to be manifested in their lives, but who find it not only difficult but truly impossible. God wants each one of us to sink their teeth into this truth until our hearts truly grasp it.

The black dog inside us is dead.

Will you believe it? God's word can be no clearer. We are NOW light in the lord, not trying to become light. Our amazing God has set us free indeed. Why do we not experience walking as true overcomers. Is it not because we simply do not believe it?

Oh saints, let us believe it and discover what has up til now been hidden from our eyes, the path leading to the glorious liberty of the children of God. He has given us brand new natures. But it is only when we come to agree with God as to what He HAS DONE (past tense) that the power to stand against all temptation will be our possession. We must believe it is ours... right now, despite what we see or feel, before we are able to enjoy its benefits. This is the good fight of faith we have all been called to.

Told you it would be a tad controversial. LOL.

Blessings,

White Dog

If the Black dog is dead, why does Jesus play the role of our “Advocate”.........Why are we advised to approach the Throne Of Grace with Boldness if we no longer sin? I dont need to turn to God for forgiveness and Grace if there is no more sin in my life....Why does Paul write so much about God's Chastisement for His Children who give into temptation? Is God chastising His Children for no reason? Even James had to admit that we ALL “ Stumble”.......That Black Dog should rear his ugly, Sinful head less and less over time if one allows the Holy Spirit to hang around long enough......but he’s gonna be around as long as you are in a flesh body...