Who appreciates Christian hard rock?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you appreciate Christian hard rock?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen totally agree ....much of it is “music” :rolleyes: from the pit!

Farouk seems obsessed with the things of this world ....smoking, tattoo’s, body piercing , music etc etc ...

Hopefully , now that he has made it to the second highest poster on the site , though all these rubbish threads and posts of his...we wont be quite so plagued by them ....but oh , no wait ...he probably wants to overtake Angelina , and be the top poster ...
He’s worked hard enough to get there since he joined ...he hasn’t fooled most of us by his empty posts...

Now Ive said that , I feel much better.

Matthew 7:1-5 now that I said that I feel better. :D So it's good that we all feel better now right? ;)

Reactions: Helen and historyb

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What @Ezra said...short answer NO!

Long answer - NOOoooooooooooooo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is no such thing! Hard rock does not glorify God irrespective of what prefix is used. What it does is glorify Satan under the pretence of glorifying God.

There! you have it straight...... wake up!

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, this is the prevailing sentiment, though it is unscriptural. God is the author of music, and has rules for it, as God has rules for all things He made.

http://supernaturalresources.epizy.com/musical-masterpieces-inspired-inspiring/

That is true. Scripture indicates worshipping with percussion and horns. I do not see a mention of guitars.

I am not sure that we take out of this that drums, cymbals, horns, and dancing are necessary for legitimate worship.

I have seen people use organs, pianos, and no instruments at all in worship. I think it is wrong to say they were unbiblical for not using drums and I don't dance so while I recognize it as a biblical form of worship I do not think it necessary.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That is true. Scripture indicates worshipping with percussion and horns. I do not see a mention of guitars.

I am not sure that we take out of this that drums, cymbals, horns, and dancing are necessary for legitimate worship.

I have seen people use organs, pianos, and no instruments at all in worship. I think it is wrong to say they were unbiblical for not using drums and I don't dance so while I recognize it as a biblical form of worship I do not think it necessary.
@John Caldwell It's the lyrics that really count; the style is more subjective.

Reactions: John Caldwell

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

the instruments are not the issue John. It is how they are used......just as one's voice can be used to glorify or blaspheme, likewise instruments also.

Does fresh water and brackish flow from the same source?

Lyrics that are in truth for the glory of God do not accompany sounds (music) that blasphemes him.

Reactions: Helen

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is the way I see it:

1. There is music of the devil.
2. There is music of the world.
3. There is music of the Lord.

In other words, no. 1 represents demonic music.
No. 2 represents popular entertainment music.
No. 3 represents music inspired by the Holy Spirit.
Worship music.

:)

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the instruments are not the issue John. It is how they are used......just as one's voice can be used to glorify or blaspheme, likewise instruments also.

Does fresh water and brackish flow from the same source?

Lyrics that are in truth for the glory of God do not accompany sounds (music) that blasphemes him.
So we have to use a first century Jewish rhythm?

I don't get what you are saying. To me the music Jesus would have used sounds too Eastern (I can't tell the difference between Jewish and Muslim music....sounds the same).

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So we have to use a first century Jewish rhythm?

I don't get what you are saying. To me the music Jesus would have used sounds too Eastern (I can't tell the difference between Jewish and Muslim music....sounds the same).
The OP is about hard rock. This is what is being addressed. Noise and confusion that masquerades as melody and praise ought be obvious as to the author.

theeblackestblu

Sep 4, 2022
california
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Disciple's 'Radical' is very effective, I think.

I dont really like disciple very much i tried, Skillet is much over rated IMO, but i like Cooper he seems like a cool guy. I Do like Stryper, Emerald, and a bunch of small time artist.
bands like flyleaf, fireflight, Sent by ravens, war of ages etc... Have something off about them but i used tot listen to them alot.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I dont really like disciple very much i tried, Skillet is much over rated IMO, but i like Cooper he seems like a cool guy. I Do like Stryper, Emerald, and a bunch of small time artist.
bands like flyleaf, fireflight, Sent by ravens, war of ages etc... Have something off about them but i used tot listen to them alot.
@theeblackestblu Sometimes Scripture backed up with hard rock can be a very powerful presentation. I'm not sure it's suitable for general congregational use, but for those who learn to appreciate the style it can be very vivid. Whether or not you would actually call yourself a hard rock woman, I can see that you probably do rather like some of the genre. Stryper has had some effective tracks; I sometimes find it hard to get used to all that hair...... :)

theeblackestblu

Sep 4, 2022
california
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@theeblackestblu Sometimes Scripture backed up with hard rock can be a very powerful presentation. I'm not sure it's suitable for general congregational use, but for those who learn to appreciate the style it can be very vivid. Whether or not you would actually call yourself a hard rock woman, I can see that you probably do rather like some of the genre. Stryper has had some effective tracks; I sometimes find it hard to get used to all that hair...... :)
Well, actually the spirit they are operating in is more important than what they are saying. If they don't openly talks about the cross, the resurrection, the blood, repentance, sin. Don't say Jesus by name, giving you a "God loves you" but never tell you to repent is dangerous. But I love the way rock lyrics address things of pain, set back, calling out certain errors. I mean I just heard this some by barlow girl called "grey" calling out lukewarmness, some can be good. But if you look at interveiws about what they believe about Jesus it seems lacking. All of them seem to. These are questions I think should be asked when evaluating if this should be someone one should listen to or watch a thing. The Bible says we should test every spirit. So it's perfectly biblical to question everything.