Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Numbers 18:9
A portion of the most holy offerings reserved from the fire will be yours. From all the offerings they render to Me as most holy offerings, whether grain offerings or sin offerings or guilt offerings, that part belongs to you and your sons.

2 Chronicles 28:13
“You must not bring the captives here,” they said, “for you are proposing to bring guilt upon us from the LORD and to add to our sins and our guilt. For our guilt is great, and fierce anger is upon Israel.”

GOOD NEWS = "HE will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." - 1 Cor 1:8
So pertaining to the Law of Moses. Paul said that Adam's disobedience was different than other humans. Romans 5:12-14

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Separation isn't death. When I went on business trips, Zoe and I were separated, but I wasn't dead.

Where in the Bible does it associate death with separation? People say stuff like this all the time, but they don't think it through.
Sin DOES create separation between the sinner and God, but the Bible refers to this as "enmity," not "death." We see this most clearly in the writings of Paul, who highlights the fact that through the cross of Christ we now have peace with God. We were once enemies of God, but we are now friends.

Romans 5:11 -- And not only this, but we also exult in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received the reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:19 -- namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Adam and Eve didn't die on the day they ate the fruit. Rather, on the day they ate the fruit they became enemies of God. And for that reason, God removed them from the garden of Eden. And what was the result?

Genesis 3:24 -- So He drove the man out; and at the east of the garden of Eden He stationed the cherubim and the flaming sword which turned every direction to guard the way to the tree of life.

God drove the man out of the garden, cutting him off from the tree of life. Adam began dying at that moment.

Revelation 22:14 -- Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city.

Those who want access to the tree of life must reconcile with God. And God will reconcile with anyone who believes in his son Jesus Christ.
Are you saying that they still could visit the Garden to commune with God, as long as they promised not to eat from the Tree of Life?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So pertaining to the Law of Moses. Paul said that Adam's disobedience was different than other humans. Romans 5:12-14

"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law. Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come."

Sin is sin = it has different forms, actions, desires but the outcome remains the same = DEATH

Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death
James 1:12-15

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is sin = it has different forms, actions, desires but the outcome remains the same = DEATH

Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death
James 1:12-15
I agree that this is not about guilt.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
— Genesis 2:17
The commandment was not to eat it and God said the judgment for doing so would be Death.

Is it the Tree or the Disobedience that brought Death.

Hell, it could be both (pun intended here).

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sons of Gods are those who believe God. And the daughters of men are pagan women.

You find it all through the OT how Israel went after "strange flesh" . Not strange as in other worldly, but outside their beliefs.

It was adultery in a spiritual sense, that the sons of God mingled and married and followed others nations and their gods.

Be not unequally yoked is a good example of the sons of God mixing with the daughters of man.
Kind of like Solomon and his many pagan wives.

Hugs

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sons of Gods are those who believe God. And the daughters of men are pagan women.

You find it all through the OT how Israel went after "strange flesh" . Not strange as in other worldly, but outside their beliefs.

It was adultery in a spiritual sense, that the sons of God mingled and married and followed others nations and their gods.

Be not unequally yoked is a good example of the sons of God mixing with the daughters of man.

Hugs
1.) No "sons of God" unless...........what???

2.) Human men with human women only produces humans.

3.) Nephilim were not the humans that God created in the Garden but the offspring of???

4.) Scripture declares that Gen 6 "sons of God" were angels in what two NT Books???

5.) Daniel said it would occur again but under a different format.

6.) What OT Book declares "sons of God" before any human was created.

7.) Jesus equated "sons of God " with angels in......???

8.) What apostle and where from his writings confirmed point #1 and point #7 ???

Peace to you @Ziggy, and no need to rush this so sleep on it.

Reactions: Ziggy

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hugs
P.S. - As you know the Holy Spirit is your Teacher, i am only your Brother that takes joy in fellowship.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.) No "sons of God" unless...........what???

2.) Human men with human women only produces humans.

3.) Nephilim were not the humans that God created in the Garden but the offspring of???

4.) Scripture declares that Gen 6 "sons of God" were angels in what two NT Books???

5.) Daniel said it would occur again but under a different format.

6.) What OT Book declares "sons of God" before any human was created.

7.) Jesus equated "sons of God " with angels in......???

8.) What apostle and where from his writings confirmed point #1 and point #7 ???

Peace to you @Ziggy, and no need to rush this so sleep on it.
I've given this a lot of thought, a lot of study and a lot of prayer.

2Co 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Where are the Nephilim in the NT and why aren't they mentioned in them?
If they are, where?

Now are WE the sons of God.. who is we? Believers.
Daniel said it would occur again. It is, it's in the Christian community marrying unbelievers.

Gen 6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Men of renown and mighty men are still men.

Exo 15:15
Then the dukes of Edom shall be amazed; the mighty men of Moab, trembling shall take hold upon them; all the inhabitants of Canaan shall melt away.

show me a unicorn.

Num 23:22
God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn.

Isa 34:1
Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
Isa 34:2
For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.

Isa 34:6
The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.
Isa 34:7
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

You hear it how you hear it and I hear it how I hear it.

I never seen a Nephilim. I don't know what they look like. And I don't care if they exist or not.
God came to save man, not imaginations.

Hugs

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

If they are, where?

Daniel said it would occur again. It is, it's in the Christian community marrying unbelievers.

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Then the dukes of Edom shall be amazed; the mighty men of Moab, trembling shall take hold upon them; all the inhabitants of Canaan shall melt away.

show me a unicorn.

Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it.
For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his fury upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter.

The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood of lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness.

I never seen a Nephilim. I don't know what they look like. And I don't care if they exist or not.

Hugs
i am going sleep time

C U 2 mar row

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If they are, where?

show me a unicorn.

Hugs
lol - i am going to sleep on it

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The commandment was not to eat it and God said the judgment for doing so would be Death.

Is it the Tree or the Disobedience that brought Death.

Hell, it could be both (pun intended here).
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
— Genesis 2:17

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
— Genesis 3:5

And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.
— Genesis 3:22-24

It appears God didn’t wish for them to know the difference between good and evil.

Reactions: David in NJ

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears God didn’t wish for them to know the difference between good and evil.
That's kind of like saying:
God didn't want man to live under grace but rather under the law.

There is God's truth and then there is man's understanding.
The serpent told Eve that the fruit from this tree would be the same as God's truth. But he lied and she took the bait.
And then their eyes were opened. They had an Aha moment.
There is no truth but God's truth. But man often leans on his own understanding.

Pro 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Hos 13:2
And now they sin more and more, and have made them molten images of their silver, and idols according to their own understanding, all of it the work of the craftsmen: they say of them, Let the men that sacrifice kiss the calves.

Hugs

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's kind of like saying:
God didn't want man to live under grace but rather under the law.

There is God's truth and then there is man's understanding.
The serpent told Eve that the fruit from this tree would be the same as God's truth. But he lied and she took the bait.
And then their eyes were opened. They had an Aha moment.
There is no truth but God's truth. But man often leans on his own understanding.

Pro 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Hos 13:2
And now they sin more and more, and have made them molten images of their silver, and idols according to their own understanding, all of it the work of the craftsmen: they say of them, Let the men that sacrifice kiss the calves.

Hugs
Take notice that God drove out the man?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take notice that God drove out the man?
God drove them out because they lied.

God asked Adam did you eat? He blamed the woman.
God asked the woman did you eat? She blamed the snake.
Neither one of them took responsibity for their own actions.

So God didn't even bother asking the snake he just condemned him on the spot.
God knew what was happening and what would happen.
I think he wanted to know if they would confess their sin, and they didn't, they just passed the ball.

They hid themselves....

Jhn 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

They tried to cover their sins with fig leaves. But fig leaves couldn't save them, papyrus leaves can't save men.

this is interesting.. sincerely I enjoy the questions it gives me something to dig for.
Can you dig it? :D

A Torah scroll may only be written on parchment from the skin of a kosher animal. However, the animal need not necessarily be slaughtered in a ritually acceptable manner. As long as the species is kosher, the parchment may be used for a Torah scroll.

That gives a whole new meaning to what God clothed them with...
so cool
Hugs

Reactions: Waiting on him