Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your supposition without Scripture. Since you did not post the Scripture, you just "gave your opinion".

No they are there. It is not my opinion. If you spent half the time looking things up instead of going after people, you could accomplish much!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its what the text in Genesis 4-6 suggest.

Of course the ground was cursed sine Adam why did you even say that? Did I suggest anything else? Why are you trying to discredit me with something I didn’t suggest is that how you debate by throwing other arguments in that I didn’t say or suggest? Please stick to what I say and not what I don’t say

My point is that Lamech started to complain about it. They were being faithful and doing what they should but not advancing ahead like the bible shows the line of Cain was advancing. They became jealous and started to conform which is what satan has been trying to get the faithful to do since time began.

Well Gen. 4 does not show Lamech complaining about anything other than the fact he murdered a man and wanted 10X the vengeance. Nothing about autonomy at all. That is you reading into the text something not there. It doesn't even suggest Seths kids desired or did not even have autonomy and Cains kids did. All four shows is who was the father of what craftmanship and 5 shows lineages. So exactly where does these texts suggest Seths kids desired azutonomy?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a better question . Who are the sons and daughters of GOD . Answer . THOSE WHO BELIEVE IN THE GLORIOUS LORD JESUS .
Now put those hands up cause its LORD praising and thanking time in the house .
Amen!

Romans 8:14KJV
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well Gen. 4 does not show Lamech complaining about anything other than the fact he murdered a man and wanted 10X the vengeance. Nothing about autonomy at all. That is you reading into the text something not there. It doesn't even suggest Seths kids desired or did not even have autonomy and Cains kids did. All four shows is who was the father of what craftmanship and 5 shows lineages. So exactly where does these texts suggest Seths kids desired azutonomy?

Because it happened and the whole world except Noah conformed that’s why the flood happened

Reactions: Truth7t7

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did LSD when I was younger too, did you have a Lava Lamp, Black Light Posters, and a Strobe Light?

Your whole premise and opinion is driven by assumption and speculation, possibly a flash back? :D

So we are going to start trading salvos....Oh boy! I like that! Here we go, load up the cannons!
And this is the reason I do not like to talk about anything outside of the Bible...Morons that think that Christianity ended at the close of the Bible. Nearly 2000 years of a very active God teaching us many things....the Bible only people think that God was tied up and set in a corner and forbidden to speak again.
You do not like science, fine...as long as you live without electricity and ride horse to work and when you get sick you sit down and read the Bible but never seek any medical treatment....all science....if not that would be like a religion of hypocrisy. Saying you believe one thing and doing another...living another.

And I am not a Mormon. I like the Mormons and I like the Catholics....but I am not neither. Now the Calvinists are another story from hell.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So we are going to start trading salvos....Oh boy! I like that! Here we go, load up the cannons!
And this is the reason I do not like to talk about anything outside of the Bible...Morons that think that Christianity ended at the close of the Bible. Nearly 2000 years of a very active God teaching us many things....the Bible only people think that God was tied up and set in a corner and forbidden to speak again.
You do not like science, fine...as long as you live without electricity and ride horse to work and when you get sick you sit down and read the Bible but never seek any medical treatment....all science....if not that would be like a religion of hypocrisy. Saying you believe one thing and doing another...living another.

And I am not a Mormon. I like the Mormons and I like the Catholics....but I am not neither. Now the Calvinists are another story from hell.
Guessing on bones in the ground, is totally up to the eye of the beholder, radio carbon and other means of dating is "fill out the blank sheet", and tell us how old you want it to be, we will make it fit

There is science and there is fake science, that is formulated by special interest and accepted for political posture, climate change would be a prime example

Another example would be the human evolution hoaxes in Piltdown and Neanderthal man being fabricated fakes, only to be kept silent as school books and museums were filled with its evolutionary lies

I have no axe to grind Hunter, your self proclaimed humanoid doesn't exist in the Bible, just large humans, and Goliath was clearly explained in detail, 100% a large "Human", that died at Davids feet

P.S. I don't like Mormon, Catholic, or Jehovahs Witness doctrines in teachings, they are lies in deception

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guessing on bones in the ground, is totally up to the eye of the beholder, radio carbon and other means of dating is "fill out the blank sheet", and tell us how old you want it to be, we will make it fit

There is science and there is fake science, that is formulated by special interest and accepted for political posture, climate change would be a prime example

Another example would be the human evolution hoaxes in Piltdown and Neanderthal man being fabricated fakes, only to be kept silent as school books and museums were filled with its evolutionary lies

I have no axe to grind Hunter, your self proclaimed humanoid doesn't exist in the Bible, just large humans, and Goliath was clearly explained in detail, 100% a large "Human", that died at Davids feet

Like I said if you feel so negative in science and do not believe it true.....you need to live your beliefs....Christ's most lengthy discussions, besides the Bread and Wine ritual was on hypocrisy.

This is false. The Bible never called them large human and if you want to go through the word study again I will be happy to.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see they had to work the ground for food like Cain did outside the garden after the sin
No verse claims Cain had to work the ground outside of Paradise.

"If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him."

God was warning Cain not to let sin into Paradise.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No verse claims Cain had to work the ground outside of Paradise.

"If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him."

God was warning Cain not to let sin into Paradise.

No verse claims that Cain worked the ground inside of paradise. Working the ground was a curse given when they were cast out.

Genesis 3:17-20
17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

20 Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of all the living.

Notice that Adam named Eve after this before she gave birth.

Genesis 4:4-16
4 Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth a man.” 2 Later she gave birth to his brother Abel.

Now Abel kept flocks, and Cain worked the soil. 3 In the course of time Cain brought some of the fruits of the soil as an offering to the Lord. 4 And Abel also brought an offering—fat portions from some of the firstborn of his flock. The Lordlooked with favor on Abel and his offering, 5 but on Cain and his offering he did not look with favor. So Cain was very angry, and his face was downcast.

6 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Why are you angry? Why is your face downcast? 7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

8 Now Cain said to his brother Abel, “Let’s go out to the field.” While they were in the field, Cain attacked his brother Abel and killed him.

9 Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is your brother Abel?”

“I don’t know,” he replied. “Am I my brother’s keeper?”

10 The Lord said, “What have you done? Listen! Your brother’s blood cries out to me from the ground. 11 Now you are under a curse and driven from the ground, which opened its mouth to receive your brother’s blood from your hand. 12 When you work the ground, it will no longer yield its crops for you. You will be a restless wanderer on the earth.”

13 Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

15 But the Lord said to him, “Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

Again no verse mentions that Cain was in the garden as the text says he was born after Adam and Eve were cast out on the garden. Also notice that there is no cherub mentioned gaurding the gate in Cains story

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
13 Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is more than I can bear. 14 Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”

15 But the Lord said to him, “Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.” Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden.

Again no verse mentions that Cain was in the garden as the text says he was born after Adam and Eve were cast out on the garden. Also notice that there is no cherub mentioned gaurding the gate in Cains story
It is right there in bold: verse 14.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is false. The Bible never called them large human and if you want to go through the word study again I will be happy to.
The Bible called the giants (Nef-eel') in Genesis 6:4 & Numbers 13:33 "Anakims", Sons Of Anak, that were born to large humans in the lineage of all humans from. ADAM AND EVE, the giants Nef-eel weren't humanoids as claimed, they were Anakims born in the lineage of Anak their father, with a grandfather named Arba

The Hebrew word Nef-eel' (Giant) is used 3 times in the Bible, (1) Genesis 6:4 & (2) Numbers 13:33 below

"There were bullies and tyrants in the earth, giants" not humanoids as you claim

Genesis 6:4KJV
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Strongs Definition giant (Nef-eel') Bully, Tyrant

Numbers 13:33KJV
33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Joshua 15:14KJV
13 And unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh he gave a part among the children of Judah, according to the commandment of the Lord to Joshua, even the city of Arba the father of Anak, which city is Hebron.
14 And Caleb drove thence the three sons of Anak, Sheshai, and Ahiman, and Talmai, the children of Anak.

Deuteronomy 2:11KJV
11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites called them Emims.

Transliteration: nāp̄îl
Pronunciation: nef-eel'
masculine noun
Root Word (Etymology)
From נָפַל (H5307)
Dictionary Aids
TWOT Reference: H5307; properly, a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant:—giant.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 3x
The KJV translates Strong's H5303 in the following manner: giant (3x).

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible called the giants (Nef-eel') in Genesis 6:4 & Numbers 13:33 "Anakims", Sons Of Anak, that were born to large humans in the lineage of all humans from. ADAM AND EVE, the giants Nef-eel weren't humanoids as claimed, they were Anakims born in the lineage of Anak their father, with a grandfather named Arba

The Hebrew word Nef-eel' (Giant) is used 3 times in the Bible, (1) Genesis 6:4 & (2) Numbers 13:33 below

"There were bullies and tyrants in the earth, giants" not humanoids as you claim

Genesis 6:4KJV
4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Strongs Definition giant (Nef-eel') Bully, Tyrant

Numbers 13:33KJV
33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

Joshua 15:14KJV
13 And unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh he gave a part among the children of Judah, according to the commandment of the Lord to Joshua, even the city of Arba the father of Anak, which city is Hebron.
14 And Caleb drove thence the three sons of Anak, Sheshai, and Ahiman, and Talmai, the children of Anak.

Deuteronomy 2:11KJV
11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites called them Emims.

Transliteration: nāp̄îl
Pronunciation: nef-eel'
masculine noun
Root Word (Etymology)
From נָפַל (H5307)
Dictionary Aids
TWOT Reference: H5307; properly, a feller, i.e. a bully or tyrant:—giant.

KJV Translation Count — Total: 3x
The KJV translates Strong's H5303 in the following manner: giant (3x).

There ya go ya got it....compared themselves as grasshoppers before them....

How tall was Goliath?

Whatza cubit!!?
The length of a cubit was based on the distance from the elbow to the fingertips, so it varied between different ancient groups of people. Here are some samples from Egypt, Babylon, and ancient Israel:....LOL nothing like precision! George Heckle come over here and let me measure your arm to your fingertips...That means that Goliath was 10.25 George feet tall.

1st Samuel 17:4 Then a champion came out from the armies of the Philistines named Goliath, from Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span....Some measure that as a 11.5 feet...it all depends on whose arm you are using.

Either way they say Noah's Ark was 30 cubits wide.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you can find a scripture that Adam and Eve had very large kids, I will consider it....if not....like you said....turn on the imagination.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can find a scripture that Adam and Eve had very large kids, I will consider it....if not....like you said....turn on the imagination.
You wont find such a scripture . but then you wont find scriptures that mention that EVE must have had daughters .
How else could cain have gotten a wife .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There ya go ya got it....compared themselves as grasshoppers before them....

How tall was Goliath?

Whatza cubit!!?
The length of a cubit was based on the distance from the elbow to the fingertips, so it varied between different ancient groups of people. Here are some samples from Egypt, Babylon, and ancient Israel:....LOL nothing like precision! George Heckle come over here and let me measure your arm to your fingertips...That means that Goliath was 10.25 George feet tall.

1st Samuel 17:4 Then a champion came out from the armies of the Philistines named Goliath, from Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span....Some measure that as a 11.5 feet...it all depends on whose arm you are using.
actually a cubit is eighteen inches . So lets see Goliath was nine foot and a span , However long a span is . does it mean span of a hand maybe . Let us just say nine foot six inches . Six cubits is nine foot .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually a cubit is eighteen inches . So lets see Goliath was nine foot and a span , However long a span is . does it mean span of a hand maybe . Let us just say nine foot six inches . Six cubits is nine foot .

Numbers 13:33
We also saw the Nephilim there (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

How big were they to make the Israelites feel like grasshoppers?

Was Goliath a rut? Smaller than normal?
Either way it depends on the measurement of the individual....no standard.
I measure 21 inches from elbow to middle finger....Six cubits and span....a half makes 11.3 feet.
At the time about twice as tall as the normal height of a man.

Last edited:

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is right there in bold: verse 14.

No it’s not and if you see everything that I Posted in that post you will see.

Being in Gods presence doesn’t mean being in the garden and some of the scriptures I provided state that Eve gave birth after they left the garden she was even named after they left the garden

Also God is omnipresent and everywhere so obviously Cain meant something else maybe that he would be out of Gods blessing and driven away from the land that they lived in

You can’t logically just avoid everything I posted and stick to your one view

Genesis 4:25-26
25 Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.” 26 Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh. At that time people began to call on the name of the Lord.

We’re these other people in the garden too?

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like your left with speculation, assumption, and imagination, beam me up Scotty, ET Phone Home, once upon a time in the land of Jack and the beanstalk :)

Last edited: