Who are the sons of God and the daughters of men

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will go a long with humanoid for sure.
Their lineage is still a mystery to science. They are neither Neanderthal or Homosapian. Nothing in the Bible that indicates the either the sons of God were humans or that Nephilim were from the lineage of Adam and Eve.
Thus Saith Modern Science, Big Smiles!

The very world institutions that deny a Gid creator in the "Vast Majority"!

In the beginning was a speck of dust and the "Big Bang" and we now have the universe and all within earth

1 Timothy 6:20-21KJ
20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith.
Grace be with thee. Amen.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus Saith Modern Science, Big Smiles!

The very world institutions that deny a Gid creator in the "Vast Majority"!

In the beginning was a speck of dust and the "Big Bang" and we now have the universe and all within earth

1 Timothy 6:20-21KJ
20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith.
Grace be with thee. Amen.

We are talking about giants that really existed....being real they would leave remains and tracked in history.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes as Christians we are the sons and daughters of God.....so was Ezekiel...and so was Christ. But in different contexts. But most of us don't cause a stir by impregnating women nor do we sire unusually mighty men.
My wife would claim a stir was created when she was impregnated by myself son of God, just as the human sons of God impregnated human women long ago in Genesis, no difference, led by the very same Holy Spirit

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My wife would claim a stir was created when she was impregnated by myself son of God, just as the human sons of God impregnated human women long ago in Genesis, no difference, led by the very same Holy Spirit

Ya but it is nothing like the story in Geneses.
And the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament??....that is another topic.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are talking about giants that really existed....being real they would leave remains and tracked in history.
Yes Human Giants in the lineage of Adam and Eve, just as God's word teaches

Your claims of Humanoids is laughable, I bet you believe in Aliens also, ET phone home

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya but it is nothing like the story in Geneses.
And the Holy Spirit in the Old Testament??....that is another topic.
Sure, you really have me convinced "Not"!

Watch out for humanoids, ET phone home!

I'm done with the conversation, in love

Jesus Is The Lord

Reactions: Grailhunter

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seduction of the chosen men by the fertility cults that surround them is a common thread underlying salvation history. They echo the evil attempt to destroy the human family in Gen 6.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why would that call for giants .
Do you know why(the angels)did what they did ?
Giants were about physical dominance. If some have many, many have none. Physical status was a great asset in a polygamous culture.

Who are the angels who left their first estate, and where did they come to ?
Satan and a third of the angels no longer have a place in heaven.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read Genesis chapters 3 & 4 and you will plainly see that only Adam and Eve were in the garden and then banished out of the garden.
I plainly see Cain freely talking to God in Paradise. I see Abel offering up sacrifices on the alter that God set up in Paradise. I see sin outside Paradise. I see Cain cast out of Paradise.

Explain to me how Cain could have a conversation with God in God's presence, Paradise, if he were a fallen sinner, instead of a son of God.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as I said, we can exchange information, but we are not going to be able to site enough bibleical information to prove anything. The explaination is outside of the Bible.
If it is outside the Bible it is only human imagination. There were only the sons of God on earth. Yes they could die. That they have left human remains is proof of their physical size.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you not comprehend the questions God asked Job. Guess you thinking stars as in one may hit earth one day. My advice for you is to get off the milk .
God was pointing out that Angels and the sons of God were the only two beings ever created.

People really should stop imagining this conspiracy side of God. All the stars are going to come to earth at the Second Coming:

"And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind."

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The phrase the "sons of God" only appear five times in the Bible and in one of those times they appear in the holy court of God....
as in...
Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them.
Job 1:6

So if you have a sixth scripture that specifically names the sons of Gods.....let me know.
Adam and Eve were not God's only plan for creation. The church has a mission and responsibility. Certainly Adam was no different. The church is not the only entity on earth. Adam and Eve were not the only humans. The Bible seems to only paint the worse case scenario. But there is more to life than just bad news. Elijah thought he was the only "one" on earth. God knew otherwise.

Why would the sons of God stop holding council? Just because it is only mentioned in Job, does not mean it only happened a few times.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will go a long with humanoid for sure.
Their lineage is still a mystery to science. They are neither Neanderthal or Homosapian. Nothing in the Bible that indicates the either the sons of God were humans or that Nephilim were from the lineage of Adam and Eve.
Are we going to be humans or sons of God in the NHNE? The only difference is between an incorruptible and a corruptible body. There is no 3rd species called "giants". The conclusion is that the sons of God and incorruptible bodies were larger physically from Adam's dead corruptible flesh.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it is outside the Bible it is only human imagination.

Possibly. It makes sense and ties into other characters of the Bible. But part of historical "detective work" LOL is that you do not swallow anything hook line and sinker.

The event in Genesis were very significant with lasting ramifications and probably a purpose, we just do not have enough biblical information to be confident.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam and Eve were not God's only plan for creation. The church has a mission and responsibility. Certainly Adam was no different. The church is not the only entity on earth. Adam and Eve were not the only humans. The Bible seems to only paint the worse case scenario. But there is more to life than just bad news. Elijah thought he was the only "one" on earth. God knew otherwise.

Why would the sons of God stop holding council? Just because it is only mentioned in Job, does not mean it only happened a few times.

We know what we know and we don't know what we don't know. No matter what we know, we have to be honest about what we do not know.

We know that the son of God visit the holy court of God. We only know so much about that. It appears that they were heavenly beings that had the ability...physical ability to mate with human females. As we understand things...angels do not have that ability. So we have to assume that they were different than angels....

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know this may seem controversial but Adam was understood to be the most like God among humans. That's the reason there is no man greater 'born of woman' than John the Baptist. Adam was not born of woman. Sons of God as it pertains to the events in Genesis, are sons of the one person who remembered what it was like to be the image and likeness of God as God made and intended. Adam

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we going to be humans or sons of God in the NHNE?

The Bible says we will be different...what is that?

There is no 3rd species called "giants"

The Bible defines two other species of giants besides the Nephilim.

The conclusion is that the sons of God and incorruptible bodies were larger physically from Adam's dead corruptible flesh.

Not sure what you mean by this....but the giants did not come from the sons of God.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that the son of God visit the holy court of God. We only know so much about that. It appears that they were heavenly beings that had the ability...physical ability to mate with human females. As we understand things...angels do not have that ability. So we have to assume that they were different than angels....
I did LSD when I was younger too, did you have a Lava Lamp, Black Light Posters, and a Strobe Light?

Your whole premise and opinion is driven by assumption and speculation, possibly a flash back? :D

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 6:1-8
When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

5 The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. 6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. 7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” 8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

Many people believe that the sons of God were fallen angels who fornicated and had children with female human beings thus making the world so evil that God decided to destroy civilization. Could this really be? Could spiritual being really fornicate with human beings even though Paul taught us that heavenly bodies have a different splendor than human bodies in 1 Corinthians 15? Would God really allow this to happen? I believe not

I believe that the sons of God were the faithful line of God and that the daughters of men were the daughters of the unfaithful line of Cain.

In the previous chapters of Genesis we see that the descendants of Seth were faithful to God while the descendants of Cain were not. All we hear about the descendants of Cain is the great accomplishments they made but Seth's descendants were great men of God. The earth seamed quite peaceful up until this time so what changed?

God constantly warns the faithful to not dwell with the unfaithful throughout the Old Testament and there is a reason for this which is to keep the faithful from being corrupted. We read that the sons of God were only attracted to the daughters of men because they are beautiful not because they loved them so the reason why they fornicated with them was for lust not love.

Over time while dwelling with the unfaithful the faithful conformed to the ways of the unfaithful until the faithful came down to just one man Noah. The ways of the Lord was lost and the offspring of these people lived for themselves not for the Lord as the whole world became filled with wickedness and this was the reason that God decided to destroy almost all of the human race with the great flood.

God protected the line of the faithful and continued to do so throughout the bible. I believe that this kind of serves as warning to the church and will be the same reason that God will destroy the human race in the future by fire as the church is slowly conforming to the ways of the world.
The sons of God are human royalty; the daughters of men are women not of royal lines.

Reactions: Truth7t7

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I plainly see Cain freely talking to God in Paradise. I see Abel offering up sacrifices on the alter that God set up in Paradise. I see sin outside Paradise. I see Cain cast out of Paradise.

Explain to me how Cain could have a conversation with God in God's presence, Paradise, if he were a fallen sinner, instead of a son of God.

Where do you see Can talking to God in Paradise?

Where do you see Able offering up sacrifices on the alter in paradise?

Where do you see Cain cast out of paradise?

Can you show verses for these?

God just talked to Cain like He did to many people in the bible

Here are my verses

Genesis 3:21-24 & Genesis 4:1-2
21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of the Lord I have brought forth a man.” 2 Later she gave birth to his brother Abel.

Genesis 3:16-19
16 To the woman he said,

“I will make your pains in childbearing very severe;
with painful labor you will give birth to children.
Your desire will be for your husband,
and he will rule over you.”

17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

You see they had to work the ground for food like Cain did outside the garden after the sin

Reactions: covenantee