Who are you ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to discover a heretic, or a denomination that is heretical, then just find out if these believe and teach that you can lose your salvation.

See, if this is believed, its because the person or church does not accept that Eternal Life is Eternal, and that "The blood of Jesus that saved you, will ITSELF keep you saved".
So, when a person or church teaches that you can "lose it", its because they DENY= that the Cross is the only reason salvation is Given and the Blood Atonement the only reason its KEPT.
Amen!!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if a man forsakes faith in Jesus, how is he then still saved?
That is the unpardonable sin!
To "wilfully" comitt that sin, is the only sin where there is no longer forgiveness.
Iows, though they may have faith to believe that Jesus is , but then neglect/refuse to "receive" Christ, the Gift of the Holy Spirit, they remain to be "none of His" (condemned already), as Romans 8:8-9 explains. John 3:3-8 and 18
"Marvel not, ye must be born again".

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
WHO THE BIBLE SAYS I AM IN CHRIST JESUS
  • I am complete in Him Who is the Head of all principality and power (Colossians 2:10).

• I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).

• I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).

• I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me (Isaiah 54:14).

• I am born of God, and the evil one does not touch me (1 John 5:18).

• I am holy and without blame before Him in love (Ephesians 1:4; 1 Peter 1:16).

• I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5).

• I have the peace of God that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7).

• I have the Greater One living in me; greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4).

• I have received the gift of righteousness and reign as a king in life by Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

• I have received the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Jesus, the eyes of my understanding being enlightened (Ephesians 1:17,18).

• I have received the power of the Holy Spirit to lay hands on the sick and see them recover, to cast out demons, to speak with new tongues. I have power over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means harm me(Mark 16:17,18; Luke 10:17,19).

• I have put off the old man and have put on the new man, which is renewed in the knowledge after the image of Him Who created me (Colossians 3:9,10).

• I have given, and it is given to me; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, men give into my bosom (Luke 6:38).

• I have no lack for my God supplies all of my need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

• I can quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one with my shield of faith (Ephesians 6:16).

• I can do all things through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:13).

• I show forth the praises of God Who has called me out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9).

• I am God’s child—for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God, which lives and abides forever (1 Peter 1:23).

• I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10).

• I am a new creature in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17).

• I am a spirit being—alive to God (Romans 6:11;1 Thessalonians 5:23).

• I am a believer, and the light of the Gospel shines in my mind (2 Corinthians 4:4).

• I am a doer of the Word and blessed in my actions (James 1:22, 25).I am a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17).

• I am more than a conqueror through Him Who loves me (Romans 8:37).

• I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony (Revelation 12:11).

• I am a partaker of His divine nature (2 Peter 1:3,4).

• I am an ambassador for Christ (2 Corinthians 5:20).

• I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9).

• I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).

• I am the temple of the Holy Spirit; I am not my own (1 Corinthians 6:19).

• I am the head and not the tail; I am above only and not beneath (Deuteronomy 28:13).

• I am the light of the world (Matthew 5:14).

• I am His elect, full of mercy, kindness, humility, and longsuffering (Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12).

• I am forgiven of all my sins and washed in the Blood (Ephesians 1:7).

• I am delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom (Colossians 1:13).

• I am redeemed from the curse of sin, sickness, and poverty (Deuteronomy 28:15-68; Galatians 3:13).

• I am firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith and overflowing with gratitude (Colossians 2:7).

• I am called of God to be the voice of His praise (Psalm 66:8; 2 Timothy 1:9).I am healed by the stripes of Jesus (Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24).

• I am raised up with Christ and seated in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6; Colossians 2:12;).

• I am greatly loved by God (Romans 1:7; Ephesians 2:4; Colossians 3:12; 1 Thessalonians 1:4).

• I am strengthened with all might according to His glorious power (Colossians 1:11).

• I am submitted to God, and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the Name of Jesus (James 4:7).

• I press on toward the goal to win the prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward (Philippians 3:14).

• For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7).

• It is not I who live, but Christ lives in me (Galatians 2:20).

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's love is the power that perfects us.
The more we become God's love, the more we are like God., the more we behave as a perfected Disciple.

How do you become God's love?
By coming to the place of living in God's Grace.
To be more to the point, God's love is Himself (who is Perfect),for God is love. Therefore, whoever has God's Holy Spirit, they have God's Perfect love (God Himself), of which is revealed in 1 John 4[18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love (in His love).

As a result, for us to be perfect as God is perfect, it is not an act of doing, but rather a state of being. Hence we ARE NEW creatures in Christ Jesus! Not made over, refurbished or remodeled, but rather re-born, born a new, born again by His Spirit.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be more to the point, God's love is Himself (who is Perfect),for God is love. Therefore, whoever has God's Holy Spirit, they have God's Perfect love (God Himself), of which is revealed in 1 John 4[18] There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love (in His love).

As a result, for us to be perfect as God is perfect, it is not an act of doing, but rather a state of being. Hence we ARE NEW creatures in Christ Jesus! Not made over, refurbished or remodeled, but rather re-born, born a new, born again by His Spirit.
Amen!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Learn to stop asking for forgiveness when you are already forgiven.
Learn to stop repenting of what is already paid for on the Cross.

See, the issue is..... this..... when we are a babe in Christ, we are not secure in our position in God as an eternally redeemed Child of God, so, we are always thinking that we will be accepted one day, then out of fellowship the next. This is the baby Christian mentality. This is the "im stuck in 1st gear", and i need to be shifting out of 2nd and into 3rd
Many Christians will never get out of their Christian Crib, and its because they are trapped in a religious system, regarding their church and denomination.
The Baby Christian always sounds the same..

For example....Lets say i asked all the READERS who are watching me now, ....>"Are you a Christian".

And 98% of you will say.......
"yes, im a Catholic.
"yes, im a baptist
"yes im a Calvanist
"yes, im a Assembly of God
"yes im a Church of Christ
"yes im a Reformed this, or reformed that

BUT I DIDNT ASK YOU IF YOU ARE A DENOMINATION... !!
So, do you see your problem?
That is why so many believers are stuck in the Crib and can't yet take an upright Spiritual STEP.

Here is what Paul says about these...

= Hebrews 6
6 '""Therefore leaving the FIRST principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,"""

Now, did you read that?
That is Paul describing the Baby Carnal Christian.....and what is the baby Christian doing?.. This Christian Toddler is repenting and repenting and confessing, , because they are committing more and more works of the flesh... So, they are shown to be a child in Christ, because they have never Spiritually Grown past that "repenting and confessing" infant in Christ stage, YET.

You'll find that these spiritual infants are running Forums, running Churches, talking about repenting, constantly.

Paul just told you to get out of that baby bed, and GROW UP.

How do you do that? You start with this VERSE, and you STAY THERE until that verse has become your THEOLOGY.
And until it does, you will be a repenting baby Christian failure.
Most of you never started there, and that is why you are still doing the crib works of the FLESH.
You are the victim of bad teacher, a bad Minister, and a denomination that will keep you ignorant of the higher things of God.

Go here, and LEARN WHAT THIS IS....so that you can finaly get out of the crib.

Hebrews 13:9
This is a sad massacre of the word of God, ironically you reference Hebrews 6 as Paul speaking too Christians.
Why would a Christian tell a fellow believer to
The NT says...

"As Christ IS, so are the born again, in this WORLD".

So, that is how righteous a born again Christian is, every second.

Its this living in the knowledge of our position in God, as Eternally Secure, that allows us to elevate into our most holy walk of discipleship.

When we are not secure as who we are "in Christ", we then try to work to keep God satisfied and THAT is what causes you to sin and fail as a Christian.

Its not by self effort that we stop sinning, its by resting in our position in God, that allows us to REST in the Grace of God, which then produces the holy life.
Well of course, that's why scripture says study to show thyself approved.

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a sad massacre of the word of God, ironically you reference Hebrews 6 as Paul speaking too Christians.
Why would a Christian tell a fellow believer to

Well of course, that's why scripture says study to show thyself approved.
Now I consider that I am very studied to shew myself approved (I continue to read through all of the epistles once per week, the gospels, Acts and Revelation once per month, Psalms and Proverbs twice per month each, and other things in the OT at a lesser rate);

And I do not consider that there is anything wrong with what he said...

So, maybe you could break his words down for us; and show us how they are inconsistent with the holy scriptures, if in fact they are.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My favorite scripture is in Phillipians...Being confident of this very thing that He who begun a good work in you will perform it to the end to the coming of Christ...
It took a few years to finally understand it....but I had to get rid of years and years of fire, hell and brimstone preaching....if you commit a sin you have backslidden and must get saved again. ugh.
@Heart2Soul Wonderful verse there in Philippians, 1.6, I think.

I have long meditated on it to blessing. :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Of course, we must remember that salvation is by grace through faith.

So if a man forsakes faith in Jesus, how is he then still saved?

A person is NOT saved by Faith.
You are saved by GOD = THROUGH Faith.
Its this....>"GRACE....= THROUGH Faith.
Faith is not the Savior....JESUS is the savior.
So, if you are trusting in FAITH, you are not Trusting in Christ.
If you are "holding unto your faith, to try to stay saved"< then you are NOT trusting in Christ to keep you saved.

Here is how salvation was delivered from the Cross to a person.....

A person hears the Gospel, they are convicted by the Holy Spirit, they BELIEVE in CHRIST...and are born again.
This "belief", is Faith.
God, who sees into the mind and the heart, SEES this faith inside you, this BELIEF, and He ACCEPTS IT, once..... and you are born again ONCE.
So, that FAITH< God accepted, and the proof that He did, is that you are born again.

Once you are born again, there is no changing this, as its impossible to be un-born again.
You can't stop being BORN.
So, once you are BORN into the Spirit of God, that is ETERNAL. That is Eternal Life, and its also Eternal Security.
Following this, you are a disciple, made so, by being born again.
Will you be a good one or a horrible one, or a lazy one......... ?????
Can be all of those...... however, how you behave as a disciple, does not affect the FACT that you are BORN AGAIN.

Reactions: Earburner

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Why would a Christian tell a fellow believer to Well of course, that's why scripture says study to show thyself approved.

Paul is not talking to Christians in Hebrews Chapter 4 and 6.
He is preaching to unsaved Jews (Hebrews).
He is giving them the GOSPEL, .. he is telling them that the consequence of their Christ Rejection, is that if they do this, there is no more sacrifice for their sin, as how can there be, if they reject the sacrifice.

You have not understood that Paul would not be preaching the Gospel to Born Again Christians.
But he did preach the Gospel to unsaved HEBREWS....in the epistle to the HEBREWS.
If you will put away your commentaries, and now go to Acts Chapter 28 in the NT and read the last 10 verses, you'll see Him doing this, and then leaving these Christ Rejecting JEWS (Hebrews) ... to go and preach the GOSPEL to the GENTILES.

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are "holding unto your faith, to try to stay saved"< then you are NOT trusting in Christ to keep you saved.
Amen!
Right there, is the distinction made for those who are believers, but are NOT born again by God's Holy Spirit.
Romans 8:8-9

Reactions: Heart2Soul

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Here is how salvation was delivered from the Cross to a person.....

A person hears the Gospel, they are convicted by the Holy Spirit, they BELIEVE in CHRIST...and are born again.
This "belief", is Faith.
God, who sees into the mind and the heart, SEES this faith inside you, this BELIEF, and He ACCEPTS IT, once..... and you are born again ONCE.
So, that FAITH< God accepted, and the proof that He did, is that you are born again.

Once you are born again, there is no changing this, as its impossible to be un-born again.
You can't stop being BORN.
So, once you are BORN into the Spirit of God, that is ETERNAL. That is Eternal Life, and its also Eternal Security.
Following this, you are a disciple, made so, by being born again.
Will you be a good one or a horrible one, or a lazy one......... ?????
Can be all of those...... however, how you behave as a disciple, does not affect the FACT that you are BORN AGAIN.

See James 1:14-16.

A man cannot be unborn spiritually...but he can die spiritually.

Of course, James 1:14-16 is qualified by John 11:25-27.

And in combining these verses, I conclude that the one who lives and believes in Jesus will never allow sin to become full-grown in his life so that it might produce death. The one who lives and believes in Jesus shall never die; and this statement is true. But since there have been many who have lived and believed in Jesus who have died physically, I conclude that the passages in question are speaking of spiritual life and death.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would that matter? Jesus said if you lust you have committed adultery.

Lust is a temptation, but it takes a while before it actually becomes sin. James 1:14-15 You would have to willfully dwell on it.

Last edited: