Who Created or Made a Sin Nature?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man was created perfect, with a clean human nature with free will. The nature is the spirit and soul, or IOW the mind and the heart/conscience. The body is just a sinless shell like a puppet. Sin originates in the nature. When Adam sinned his nature became polluted and all ancestors inherited that change in DNA. A born again person has a cleansed nature like Adam's original nature before he willfully sinned. Plus they have the divine power of the Holy Spirit.

The reason why a baby and child have no accountable sin is because their "sins" are unintentional and not against God. This is why we baptize children who are old enough for their sins to be repented. They now know right from wrong. They then need the Holy Spirit to empower them.
You can believe as I once did, and you make a fair show of it. But it is only becoming for you, a tradition of distinction without a difference in doctrine and in life.

1. You put it well that the flesh is a sinless shell, which means the flesh is not made with sin in it.

2. You also do well, and I can agree, that sin originates with the nature. For the nature of sin is lust, that is enticed by temptation. (James 1) And lust's origin is in the heart, and is created by the spiritual creature, whether angel or man, after their creation by Christ. (Isaiah 14)

3. You revert to a tradition that is not Scripture, that man inherits sin by flesh, which is a contradiction of flesh only being dust and grass. Adam polluted his own spiritual nature by sinning, and so died spiritually to God. And that spiritual death has past upon all men like Adam, by also sinning against God.

And so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.
Not for all have been born with sin.

4. You speak of DNA, and of sin in it, which is simply saying that sin is now made in seed and flesh of man: That is making something in this life, which can only be by Christ, without whom nothing is made. The god of this world is not now co-maker of man at the will of Christ. Nor is man a maker of his own DNA.

All things were and are still created by Christ for His good pleasure. (Rev 4)

5. The reason why babes from the womb are not judged for sinning, is because they are not sinning, whether intentional or not. When we transgress the law of righteousness, then we are sinning, whether intentional or not.

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law.

You see how sinning against God, whether intentionally or not, is not excused nor unjudged and uncondemned: ignorance of the law of life and righteousness is no excuse for any man, who are all still made in God's image, and lightened by Christ from the womb.

6. The truth of Scripture is that every man, while coming into the world, is empowered by the Holy Spirit, by Christ the true Light, who lightens each and every babe born into the world.

Every soul of man is still created alive, clean, and pure as the first Adam, and comes into the world as Adam with the Lord's Light shining upon them, howbeit now, because man is sinning, then men come into a world of iniquity, rather than a world where sin had not yet entered by man sinning. (Psalms 51)

The first Adam proves sinning has nothing to do with created clean and born into a clean world, and Jesus proves it has nothing to do with being born clean into a wicked world.

7. Since a 'sin nature' has nothing to do with men sinning the first time, nor with Christians being born again, then in practice it is a distinction without a difference. The only distinction it has with hypocrite men, is to use it as an excuse for sinning, and blaming God for tempting them into it, as by nature of birth. And unrighteous Christians try to blame their evil shells for it.

You still have not tried to respond to the proofs, that all men are still created living souls and clean born into the world.

However, I don't believe it is necessary, because now you are shimmying in that direction anyway.

I do like how you say, sin originates in the nature. I will take that and use it to explain how the nature of sin is lusting, and so sinning originates by lusting from the heart to sin: sin originates with the nature of a man, when that man sins against God, and so makes himself a natural sinner on earth.

Bodies of men are made by Christ naturally born and mortal. Souls of men make themselves natural sinners on earth, by sinning against Christ.

God has never done so in heaven nor on earth, many angels have done so in heaven, and all men other than Jesus have done so on earth, but not all angels and men are now doing so, thanks to Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3. You revert to a tradition that is not Scripture, that man inherits sin by flesh, which is a contradiction of flesh only being dust and grass. Adam polluted his own spiritual nature by sinning, and so died spiritually to God. And that spiritual death has past upon all men like Adam, by also sinning against God.

And so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.
Not for all have been born with sin.

4. You speak of DNA, and of sin in it, which is simply saying that sin is now made in seed and flesh of man: That is making something in this life, which can only be by Christ, without whom nothing is made. The god of this world is not now co-maker of man at the will of Christ. Nor is man a maker of his own DNA.

I don't know why you think what I believe is not scripture, because it is. One error I see is your use of the word "flesh." In Romans 7 and 8, Paul uses the word flesh to mean the nature, and distinguishes the difference between the flesh and the body in Romans 8:8-10.

8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. 10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Verse 8. Those who are in the flesh means carnal nature, or the old man of Romans 6:6-16. God in our nature is us partaking of the divine nature - the reborn nature. 2 Peter 1:2-4. It has nothing to do with the body, that will still die. But our new nature is our spirit and soul and are not eternal, leaving only the body that is still mortal and will change at the resurrection of the dead. So do not confuse body of flesh with the old sinful carnal nature.

Seeing as all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, I don't see how you can think that some will never sin by choice, instead of all sinning by the inherited nature of Adam's sin.

I used DNA just as another way for you to "see." Because when we are born again of the Spirit, instead of slaves of sin, we are slaves of righteousness. Something supernatural has changed our nature back to Adam's original pure human nature with free will. I just used DNA as that type of experiential change. Just as something died in Adam once he sinned. He no longer had a pure human nature as he was created with. And it certainly isn't man as the maker of his own DNA, it is the Holy Spirit. You still totally misunderstood me even when I used a different analogy.