Who founded your church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't teach Acts 2:38 as the water cults do it..
Give that up.
Go with truth, instead.

Be a real believer who is in touch with the NT, and spread the Good News that is the Gospel of the Grace of God.

Let go of the water. Let go of the lie. Let go of self righteousness.

Find your way into the GRACE of God that is "Justification by Faith" as Jesus would have you understand it.

Throw away all your water cult commentaries and spend a year getting to know something real.
LIVE in : Hebrews 13:9 and then all of Paul's Epistles.
Then you'll have an actual theology that God would approve of, that isn't water cult Old Testament : Galatians 1:8

answer scripture please eph 4:5 why baptism?
All three are required for salvation

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't teach Acts 2:38 as the water cults do it..
Give that up.
Go with truth, instead.

Be a real believer who is in touch with the NT, and spread the Good News that is the Gospel of the Grace of God.

Let go of the water. Let go of the lie. Let go of self righteousness.

Find your way into the GRACE of God that is "Justification by Faith" as Jesus would have you understand it.

Throw away all your water cult commentaries and spend a year getting to know something real.
LIVE in : Hebrews 13:9 and then all of Paul's Epistles.
Then you'll have an actual theology that God would approve of, that isn't water cult Old Testament : Galatians 1:8
He says..."skip Acts 2:38".

Wow.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He says..."skip Acts 2:38".

Wow.

No, read it.
Get a blue and black tattoo of ACTS 2:38 on your Forhead if you want to.......sure.
But, don't teach water baptism as how God saves you... "in the time of the Gentiles'.
As when you do that, you are not teaching "The Gospel" and you have become Galatians 1:8.

See, the Gospel, is what Jesus gave to Paul as the doctrine of : "The Gospel of the Grace of God".
This is "justification by Faith, without works".
Its.>"All who call on the name of the Lord Jesus, shall be saved".

Its. "As many as Believe in Jesus.....God gave to them the power to become the Sons of God".

its "Grace through Faith".

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 19:34
But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

The blood signifies the infinite merits of Christ!
The water signifies baptism!

Old Testament pre-figures of baptism.

Psalm 36:9
For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.

Song of Solomon 4:15
A fountain of gardens, a well of living waters, and streams from Lebanon.

Isaiah 41:18
I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water.

Isaiah 52:15 So shall he sprinkle many nations;

Heb 9:19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

1 pet 3:20-21

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

New Testament

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

( Disciples by baptism not faith alone)

Mk 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

Mark 16:16
he who believes and is baptized shall be saved!

Jn 1: 11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (Baptism)

John 1:26
John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6
And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)

John3:5
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22
After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4
When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

John 14:17
Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Act 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.(Baptism)

Acts 8:36
And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

Philip preached Jesus and the result is justification by baptism!

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Rom 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Acts 2:47
Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Ephesians 1:13
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:5 
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Colossians 2:12
Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Gal 4:19
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Titus 3:5
Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; (baptism)

Heb 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

(Born of God) faith and baptism

Jn 1:12-13 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

1 Jn 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

1 pet 1:2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

1 Peter 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: see Ez 36

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism rom 6:3-4)

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, read it.
Get a blue and black tattoo of ACTS 2:38 on your Forhead if you want to.......sure.
But, don't teach water baptism as how God saves you... "in the time of the Gentiles'.
As when you do that, you are not teaching "The Gospel" and you have become Galatians 1:8.

See, the Gospel, is what Jesus gave to Paul as the doctrine of : "The Gospel of the Grace of God".
This is "justification by Faith, without works".
Its.>"All who call on the name of the Lord Jesus, shall be saved".

Its. "As many as Believe in Jesus.....God gave to them the power to become the Sons of God".

its "Grace through Faith".
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, ....

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, ....

Baptism saves? Hmmmm where have I heard that before? Oh ya the Bible!

Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism saves? Hmmmm where have I heard that before? Oh ya the Bible!

How absolutely obvious can the scripture get?

How disobedient can the Acts 2:38 skippers get?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How absolutely obvious can the scripture get?

How disobedient can the Acts 2:38 skippers get?
LOL...You are stuck on Acts 2;38. Have you read all of Scripture concerning the matter? Of course not. You are a cafeteria Christian. You pick what you want from the cafeteria and ignore the rest. You pick what you want from Scripture and ignore the rest.

Peter is Satan....being a cafeteria Christian you cant prove me wrong kiddo.

Good Luck with your “How absolutely obvious can Scriptures get” THEORY........

What man taught you??? If you are self taught...STOP....You are deceiving yourself.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...You are stuck on Acts 2;38. Have you read all of Scripture concerning the matter? Of course not. You are a cafeteria Christian. You pick what you want from the cafeteria and ignore the rest. You pick what you want from Scripture and ignore the rest.

Peter is Satan....being a cafeteria Christian you cant prove me wrong kiddo.

Good Luck with your “How absolutely obvious can Scriptures get” THEORY........

What man taught you??? If you are self taught...STOP....You are deceiving yourself.
Does Acts 2:38 upset you that much?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

saved by baptism?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is a lie Peter told?
Lol...You do keep me entertained. I think you long for a conversation with people and you get that on this forum. That is why you say silly things.....to get a response and keep the conversation going.

If you are lonely Truther and you just want to converse you can reach out to me in a PM. I will converse with you.

Mary