• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
=
All sin is paid for on the Cross, by God, as Christ your Redeemer.

Salvation places your lifetime of sin on Jesus, who "became sin", so that you are "made righteous".

Its like this.
A sinner goes to the Cross, and God meets them there and turns them into a SON of God // Daughter of Christ..
There is no such thing as a "Son or Daughter of God" who has any more sin.
Why? Because Jesus has them......That's what He's doing up there on the Cross...>He's paying for them ALL with HIS BLOOD AND DEATH.

WELCOME TO THE "GOSPEL"......which is "the preaching of THE CROSS".

I just did it for you.

Listen...
Jesus is a "one time sacrifice for ALL sin".
And why does the Blood of Jesus pay for all sin, yet it was shed 2000 yrs ago?
How can this blood keep saving people 2000 yrs later?
Because the Blood of Christ is God's BLood., and God's blood is ETERNAL REDEMPTION.

This is why Romans 4:8 says that God does not charge you with your sin, if you are born again.
He can't..>He's already paid for them all as Christ on the Cross.

WELCOME TO SALVATION.
WELCOME TO THE GIFT OF RIGHTEOUSNESS
WELCOME TO ETERNAL LIFE

= Praise THE LORD !!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
=

Salvation places your lifetime of sin on Jesus, who "became sin", so that you are "made righteous".

Its like this.
A sinner goes to the Cross, and God meets them there and turns them into a SON of God // Daughter of Christ..
Why? Because Jesus has them......That's what He's doing up there on the Cross...>He's paying for them ALL with HIS BLOOD AND DEATH.

I just did it for you.

Listen...
Because the Blood of Christ is God's BLood., and God's blood is ETERNAL REDEMPTION.

This is why Romans 4:8 says that God does not charge you with your sin, if you are born again.

WELCOME TO SALVATION.
WELCOME TO ETERNAL LIFE

= Praise THE LORD !!

Jesus took all the sins of the whole world on the cross, so the logical human reasoning is that all our sins are forgiven at salvation- including future sins.

But when scripture tells us twice that old sins and sins that are past are forgiven at salvation, we must drop our human reasoning, and believe God.

2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was PURGED from his OLD SINS.

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to bea propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of SINS THAT ARE PAST through the forbearance of God;

The obvious conclusion about why our future sins are not automatically forgiven at salvation is that we must repent of our sins as part of our conversion to have them forgiven (Acts 3:19 ; Acts 20:21), but we can’t pre-repent of FUTURE sins - so only OLD sins and PAST sins are forgiven at salvation - not future sins.

But even if we couldn’t conclude any reasons why only old sins and past sins are forgiven at salvation, we have to accept that it is true because the word of God says it.

So hyper-grace doctrine coming from human reasoning, which claims that all our sins - past, and present, and future - are forgiven at salvation is wrong, and we must repent of future sins to apply the atonement of Jesus to those sins, too.

That’s why the apostle John wrote this - which is not written to unbelievers as a salvational instruction - but to believers as part of our Christian walk:

1Jn 1:9 If WE confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us oursins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Note that the apostle included himself by using the pronoun WE there, indicating he’s talking to believers about the need to confess our sins as we commit them, to have them forgiven.

To those who still want to deny that 1 John is written to the brethren, here’s John’s own words, proving it is:

1Jn 2:7 BRETHREN, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
=

Its like this.

I just did it for you.

Listen...

WELCOME TO SALVATION.
WELCOME TO ETERNAL LIFE

= Praise THE LORD !!

Using a Beach Boys song I will state, wouldn't it be nice if everyone was saved because of Jesus ransom sacrifice sir? The sad truth is, that just like in the days of Noah, few will take advantage of it.
But one thing is for certain BE, all those who will be saved, are saved through that sacrifice.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
and we must repent of future sins to apply the atonement of Jesus to those sins, too.

Do you know what LEGALISM is?

Legalism is the Heresy that tries to find a way to set Christ's Redemption aside, and replace it with something YOU DO.

This is "self saving".........and it sounds like this.

"Yes, i know that Christ saved me, but now if i want to stay saved, here is what i must DO"........."here is what i must do"

See that?
That is..... "another Gospel".

And what is it, actually? Its a person's pride, using bible verses, or any other way to try to prove that What God has not done on the Cross is not ENOUGH< so....they have do the rest.

And what is that? That is CROSS REJECTION< that is pretending to be faith.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what LEGALISM is?

Legalism is the Heresy that tries to find a way to set Christ's Redemption aside, and replace it with something YOU DO.

This is "self saving".........and it sounds like this.

"Yes, i know that Christ saved me, but now if i want to stay saved, here is what i must DO"........."here is what i must do"

See that?
That is..... "another Gospel".

And what is it, actually? Its a person's pride, using bible verses, or any other way to try to prove that What God has not done on the Cross is not ENOUGH< so....they have do the rest.

And what is that? That is CROSS REJECTION< that is pretending to be faith.
Do you know what scripture is?

I added nothing to the Bible, which says twice that only old sins, and sins that are past are forgiven at salvation, leaving the need to repent of future sins, to have them forgiven.

Yo are putting your theology above scriptures.

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I added nothing to the Bible, which says twice that only old sins,
No verse in the bible says 'old" sins.
Not one.

There is a NT verse that says "all things, all previous things, have passed away".
So, you are confusing that verse with your horrible theology.

You got this information from a CULT that teaches that you keep yourself saved......by confessing sin.

Or, you got this heresy from a commentary, and the person who wrote it, is "fallen from Grace' and is probably not even saved.

Paul teaches.....HEBREWS Teaches that Jesus is a one time sacrifice for ALL Sin.

Look Closely Curtis.

"""""
9 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the WORLD unto himself, not imputing their SIN unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. """""

And here you are, telling believers they have it.
Your gospel is anti-Cross, and is this.... Galatians 1:8

Did you READ....>"not imputing their SIN TO THEM". "them = THE WORLD"..

DID YOU READ THAT?
Can you read?

This is 2 Corinthians 5:19 and ROMANS 4:8.

So, if you are confessing sin, you are doing it because you are not obeying the truth, and that is because you have been taught a LIE about your "sin".

I have now taught you the TRUTH.
You take it from there........Reader.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No verse in the bible says 'old" sins.
Not one.

You might want to start reading the entire New Testament book by book, instead of someone’s proof texts of systematic theology, because you come across many scriptures you won’t ever see otherwise, such as the two following scriptures that you DENIED exist:

2Pe 1:9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was PURGED from his OLD SINS.

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of SINS THAT ARE PAST through the forbearance of God;

In specifically discussing Jesus being the propitiation for our sins - atoning for our sins - it says He remits our past sins, not all our future sins.

The obvious conclusion about why our future sins are not automatically forgiven at salvation is that we must repent of our sins as part of our conversion to have them forgiven (Acts 3:19 ; Acts 20:21), but we can’t pre-repent of FUTURE sins - so only OLD sins and PAST sins are forgiven at salvation - not future sins.

This is why John wrote to the brethren, and included himself, about confessing our sins so they are forgiven in 1 John 1:9.

Reactions: Nancy

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You might want to start reading the entire New Testament book by book,.

You have been taught that God's Blood is only as good as you are...
In other words....>"Yes Im saved, as long as i keep saving myself by confessing sin".
See that Curtis? That is your FAITH, as you keep showing us.... and its not in Christ......its FAITH = in your "confessing".
"Confessing" is your savior, as you believe that by doing this, you KEEP YOURSELF SAVED.
So, you are on the Cross and Jesus is ripped off the nails by your belief system.

So, that heresy you've been taught = denies the finished work of Jesus on the Cross as being an eternal redemption.

Let me be really clear with you..... When you are on a Publc Forum teaching that God's Blood does not continue Salvation that Christ died to create, then you are in opposition to the Cross, and are denying the Power of the Blood of Jesus.... openly in public.

That's not a safe place to try to exist.
God's Son is not to be mocked by a Cross rejecting gospel, in public.
Believe it.

NEVER try to prove that you the reason you go to heaven is based on something you do, as this is offensive to the Holy Spirit and Cross of Christ.
Believe it.