WHO IS GOD.................?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like an overtly ignorant question right?

We can read in the Old Teatament about the God of the Hebrews, from Noah upwards for about 4000 years. The descendants of Adam through Abraham of whom God made promise to build nations and in his seed should all the nations be blessed bc he had obeyed the voice of God.

This is God, the creator of all things heavenly and earthly; the great " I am, that I am".

Prophecy of old was told unto the Hebrews of a coming of God to dwell among them, born of a virgin; born of the Spirit and born of man.

He would be a saviour; a redeemer unto Gods ppl. Israel had a HABIT of serving God, then backsliding and serving other gods and themselves ! This caused God to repent that he had made man in his image to love and worship himself.

Instead of destroying all the earth with mankind again, God sent a one time final sacrifice for the sin debt of death unto man.
The Lamb of heaven slain before the foundations of the world. His Son, to be that propitiation for ANY & ALL who would believe on him!

After his mission being born from mankind to about 33 years of age, Jesus lay down his life that ALL mankind could have a relationship to God through the forgiveness of sins debt by the shed blood of the Son. He then returned to the Father in heaven from where he descended down from; WHO IS JESUS ? WHY WOULD HE BE IN HEAVEN? IS HE A DEMI- GOD OR GOD HIMSELF?

When Jesus ascended back to the Father in heaven, he told his disciples not to be sorrowful but that he had prayed and asked the Father to send them another comforter, the Holy Ghost.

Who is the Holy Ghost ? IS HE GOD ? We are told his functions in the church. We are told of his fruit that will change the character of God's children into holiness and righteousness.

I pray we can discuss this very controversial topic as adults within the doctrines of the scriptures. Jesus said to the Pharisees that ye study the scriptures and yet you dont know me. They tell of him.

Let us use the word to vet our beliefs & doctrines in context. The word of God is our standard for living by its precepts, its practices, and its commands & doctrine.

Thank you all.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very strange (if not predictable...and very sad) that knowing where Jesus came from, most Christians come to believe that God was somehow imperfect but perfected Himself in the flesh in Jesus and glorified the flesh for a future Heaven beyond the perfection that God was already--that God so loved the flesh that He became flesh and is going to make us all into SuperSpiritualFlesh (a contradiction in terms), and bring us all to God--BAM!--as new hybrids on High to be more and better than God who was and is spirit and perfect (already), forever more.

But that is not the glory that Christ had before the foundation of the world that He prayed to the Father to return to:

John 17:5
And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
Who is God?

John 4:24
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Matthew 5:48
Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.​

Reactions: Mr E

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA ,

Wharever you are saying above is NO answer to the question of who is God.

What I got from your above post is sinless perfect belief , maybe ?

I know there are ppl here who deny God is all the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. You may be one, not sure.

The scripture says that God became flesh and dwelt among man. Jesus said the Father and I are one.

I am looking for a way to solidify the question of three vs one. Scripture says there are three that BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN.

Many ppl here are so set in their beliefs even in error they continue to deny what the word clearly states. My concern is for outside seekers that just read the post without participating.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA ,

I know there are ppl here who deny God is all the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. You may be one, not sure.

The scripture says that God became flesh and dwelt among man. Jesus said the Father and I are one.

I am looking for a way to solidify the question of three vs one. Scripture says there are three that BEAR RECORD IN HEAVEN.

Many ppl here are so set in their beliefs even in error they continue to deny what the word clearly states. My concern is for outside seekers that just read the post without participating.
I'll summarize:

God is spirit, but many if not most Christians look for glory in the flesh...and it ain't gonna happen.​

Reactions: Waiting on him

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We can read in the Old Teatament about the God of the Hebrews, from Noah upwards for about 4000 years. The descendants of Adam through Abraham of whom God made promise to build nations and in his seed should all the nations be blessed bc he had obeyed the voice of God.

This is God, the creator of all things heavenly and earthly; the great " I am, that I am".

Prophecy of old was told unto the Hebrews of a coming of God to dwell among them, born of a virgin; born of the Spirit and born of man.

He would be a saviour; a redeemer unto Gods ppl. Israel had a HABIT of serving God, then backsliding and serving other gods and themselves ! This caused God to repent that he had made man in his image to love and worship himself.

Instead of destroying all the earth with mankind again, God sent a one time final sacrifice for the sin debt of death unto man.
The Lamb of heaven slain before the foundations of the world. His Son, to be that propitiation for ANY & ALL who would believe on him!

After his mission being born from mankind to about 33 years of age, Jesus lay down his life that ALL mankind could have a relationship to God through the forgiveness of sins debt by the shed blood of the Son. He then returned to the Father in heaven from where he descended down from; WHO IS JESUS ? WHY WOULD HE BE IN HEAVEN? IS HE A DEMI- GOD OR GOD HIMSELF?

When Jesus ascended back to the Father in heaven, he told his disciples not to be sorrowful but that he had prayed and asked the Father to send them another comforter, the Holy Ghost.

Who is the Holy Ghost ? IS HE GOD ? We are told his functions in the church. We are told of his fruit that will change the character of God's children into holiness and righteousness.

I pray we can discuss this very controversial topic as adults within the doctrines of the scriptures. Jesus said to the Pharisees that ye study the scriptures and yet you dont know me. They tell of him.

Let us use the word to vet our beliefs & doctrines in context. The word of God is our standard for living by its precepts, its practices, and its commands & doctrine.

Thank you all.

Not at all maam, it is the wisest, and I cannot emphasize it enough the wisest question anyone can ask. Why? Because knowing God is a requirement for everlasting life. Jn 17:3 This life is not all there is, and if God exists, and if He is all He says He is in His word the Holy Bible, then everlasting life is a guarantee from Him for all those who know and obey Him.

So who is God? The wisest man who ever lived said to satan when he tried to get him to worship him this: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

Of course it is up to each one of us to either believe that is true or not, but what hope do we have if it isn't? Simply put we might as well do as Paul once stated: (1 Corinthians 15:32) . . .If the dead are not to be raised up, “let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we are to die.. . . The same can be said if Jesus was incorrect in what he said. So it is imperative that we come to know Jehovah now.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)
Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

Now this is the catholic faith:

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
and that of the Holy Spirit still another.
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

The Father is eternal, the Son is eternal,
the Holy Spirit is eternal.

And yet there are not three eternal beings; there is but one eternal being.
So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;
there is but one almighty being.

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
Yet there are not three gods;
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
Yet there are not three lords;
there is but one Lord.

Just as Christian truth compels us
to confess each person individually
as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;
there is one Holy Spirit, not three holy spirits.

Nothing in this trinity is before or after,
nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

So in everything, as was said earlier,
we must worship their trinity in their unity and their unity in their trinity.

Anyone then who desires to be saved
should think thus about the trinity.

But it is necessary for eternal salvation
that one also believe in the incarnation
of our Lord Jesus Christ faithfully.

Now this is the true faith:

That we believe and confess
that our Lord Jesus Christ, God's Son,
is both God and human, equally.

He is God from the essence of the Father,
begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

Although he is God and human,
yet Christ is not two, but one.
He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
certainly not by the blending of his essence, but by the unity of his person.
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

This is the catholic faith:
one cannot be saved without believing it firmly and faithfully.

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of hosts!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you all.

I don't find this a controversial subject at all, at least not for those believers on God The Father, God The Son, and God The Holy Spirit, and also who study their Bible in order to 'know' Who He is.

The confusion comes from lack... of serious Bible study, and from listening to the false Jews who refuse to recognize Jesus of Nazareth as God The Son, Immanuel "God with us".

Reactions: TLHKAJ and L.A.M.B.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)

That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another,
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.

What quality the Father has, the Son has, and the Holy Spirit has. The Father is uncreated, the Son is uncreated, the Holy Spirit is uncreated.

The Father is immeasurable, the Son is immeasurable, the Holy Spirit is immeasurable.

So too there are not three uncreated or immeasurable beings, there is but one uncreated and immeasurable being.

Similarly, the Father is almighty, the Son is almighty, the Holy Spirit is almighty. Yet there are not three almighty beings;

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
there is but one Lord.

as both God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten from anyone. The Son was neither made nor created; he was begotten from the Father alone. The Holy Spirit was neither made nor created nor begotten; he proceeds from the Father and the Son.

Accordingly there is one Father, not three fathers; there is one Son, not three sons;

nothing is greater or smaller; in their entirety the three persons are coeternal and coequal with each other.

begotten before time; and he is human from the essence of his mother, born in time; completely God, completely human, with a rational soul and human flesh; equal to the Father as regards divinity, less than the Father as regards humanity.

He is one, however, not by his divinity being turned into flesh, but by God's taking humanity to himself.He is one,
For just as one human is both rational soul and flesh, so too the one Christ is both God and human.

He suffered for our salvation; he descended to hell; he arose from the dead; he ascended to heaven; he is seated at the Father's right hand; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. At his coming all people will arise bodily and give an accounting of their own deeds. Those who have done good will enter eternal life, and those who have done evil will enter eternal fire.

That’s a trinitarian answer to the question. Two things are noteworthy about it for me:

1. Not all trinitarians give this answer.
2. Neither Jesus (a Jew), nor the apostles (who were Jews), nor the earliest Christians (who were Jews) give this answer in scripture.

Reactions: tigger 2

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Who is the Holy Ghost ? IS HE GOD ?

God is "A" Spirit.
What Spirit is that?

A.) The Holy Spirit

The born again become the "temple of the Holy Spirit"....and that is ""CHRIST IN YOU< the Hope of Glory""", and """"Jesus is GOD manifested in the Flesh.""

1-2-3.

All the same.

The math is not difficult..
The issue is......CULTS are out there denying the Deity of Christ, as the Devil created that Idea.
See the Devil HATES the truth, so, he creates "doctrine" of "devils" to deny it, and many have been deceived by the Devil.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)

Thus the Father is God,
the Son is God,
the Holy Spirit is God.
there is but one God.

Thus the Father is Lord,
the Son is Lord,
the Holy Spirit is Lord.
there is but one Lord.

Catholism is HERESY!

It's heretical views and practices are paganism in it's highest order.

Those that worship other gods before the Alpha & Omega, the author of the ONLY Word we live by in doctrine and practice are LOST IN IDOLATRY & PAGAN PRACTICE,SAME AS THE WORSHIPPERS OF BAAL! A ppl that follow their master, the deceiver, the devil!

God has complete ownership and authority over all things he created; angels,man,and the devil. I truly feel sorry for the underlings that follow man and his doctrine. Find out who the author is of that you claim to hold dearest to YOUR HEART, search out it's heiarchy of devil's that rule over you AND FLEE!

You who follow are unimportant but your leaders that hide murders and pedophiles care only for the POWER they think they possess.

What a day of reckoning is coming !

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is very strange (if not predictable...and very sad) that knowing where Jesus came from, most Christians come to believe that God was somehow imperfect but perfected Himself in the flesh in Jesus and glorified the flesh for a future Heaven beyond the perfection that God was already--that God so loved the flesh that He became flesh and is going to make us all into SuperSpiritualFlesh (a contradiction in terms), and bring us all to God--BAM!--as new hybrids on High to be more and better than God who was and is spirit and perfect (already), forever more.

But that is not the glory that Christ had before the foundation of the world that He prayed to the Father to return to:

John 17:5
And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.
Who is God?

John 4:24
God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Matthew 5:48
Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.​

Isa 55:
[11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

John 16:
[27] For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

John 10:
[30] I and my Father are one.

Glory to God,
Taken

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WORDS.................I have stated many times how I love reading, researching and studying. WORDS can give hope but also cause the death of the spirit in a person...........I am guilty of committing this SIN right along with the rest of you.

As @Taken has aptly stated above the WORD OF GOD will accomplish what the God whom sent it wishes whether we believe or not.

God is LOVE; 1 John 4:14-17 cxt
And we have SEEN and do TESTIFY that the Father sent the Son TO BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD.
Whosoever shall CONFESS THAT JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD, God DWELLETH in him and he in God.
And we have known and believed the LOVE that God hath to us. GOD IS LOVE; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
Herein is OUR LOVE MADE PERFECT, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he IS, so are we in this world.......v.5-8

Jesus said NO greater LOVE hath a man than to lay down his liife for a friend, he lay down his life for ALL that would believe in him.......,they DID NOT TAKE IT FROM HIM !

God is a SPIRIT. John4:22-25 cxt
YE WORSHIP YE KNOW NOT WHAT: we KNOW what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the TRUE WORSHIPPERS shall worship the Father in SPIRIT and in TRUTH: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him.
GOD IS A SPIRIT: and they that worship him MUST worship him in spirit and in truth. [ Plz notice it is our spirit lowercase s rather than the Spirit of God ]
The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called CHRIST: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

This is Jesus's discourse with the Samaratian woman at the well. Even the Gentiles knew that a deliverer was to come from God, a Messiah, to REDEEM HIS PPL ! They didnt KNOW what the Jews knew but they knew he would be great and instruct them in Gods way. THEY HAD HEARD THE WORD ! THE TRUTH, and their spirit also looked for such.
One verse down Jesus tells her, I that speak unto thee am he.

Jesus told his disciples in this same chapter that his meat ( sustenance) was to do the will of the Father AND FINISH HIS WORK.( Remember when Jesus cried out on the cross "IT IS FINISHED" ? ) God accomplished HIS WORK by being born in the flesh and dwelling among man, then completing his "Plan of Salvation" for mankind.

I DO NOT KNOW WHO COINED THE LABEL TRINITARIANS BUT GOD IS NOT 3 PERSONS ( THAT WOULD BE 3 SEPERATE AND DISTINCT INDIVIDUAL BEINGS ) 3 God's and God has emphatically stated through his word, " I AM GOD ,AND THERE IS NO OTHER. Isaiah 46:7-10 cxt

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WORDS.................I have stated many times how I love reading, researching and studying. WORDS can give hope but also cause the death of the spirit in a person...........I am guilty of committing this SIN right along with the rest of you.

No Friend. IF ...
You have heartfully; (thoughts of your heart, speak with your mouth)
Called on Jesus’ Name...a sinful mans Advocate.
Declared your Repentance for having NOT Believed ( Your SIN )
Declared your Belief IN God, IN Christ Jesus. (Your Works)
Laid down your life, Crucified with Christ Jesus. (Your Service)
....Christ, The Power of God, The Wisdom of God, The Seed of God...
SHALL Enter your Body, Restore/Save your Soul, Quicken/Birth you a new Spirit.
....Jesus shall Wash your body in His Blood, Forgiven you having HAD disbelief.
....Shall circumcise your Old Heart.
....Shall give you a New Heart.
....Shall enter His Spirit of Truth, His Truth in Your new Heart.
....Shall Feed you His Truth.
....Shall Sanctify your body, (set you apart FOR Gods possession).
....Shall Keep your body, Hidden IN Him.
....Christ shall Baptize you with the HS, He IN YOU, He Covering your “forgiven sin”, WITH HIS PURE LIGHT, that God Neither sees or Remembers your “forgiven sin”.
....Christ shall Justify you TO BE, Redeemed, Taken Up when He summons you.
....Make your body, a New Creature, born of Gods Seed.
....Shall Listen to Your prayers, Grant your requests, Give you Truths, Give you Understanding of Scriptures, Give you Blessing, Give you Comfort when things are difficult, etc.
....Shall Outfit you with the Armor of God; Your protection Against Wicked men OF the World.
....Deliver you From Satan’s ability to Use Evil to Trick you...VOID...
Gods Power IN you OVERCOMES Satan’s Evil trickery.
....Jesus OVERCAME the World...
....Christ Jesus “IN” you...You have overcome the World...
....AND....NEVER will Christ the Lord Jesus LEAVE you.
....Forever He is WITH you.
....AND....NEVER Again can YOU SIN...SIN is against God. SIN is not believing IN God, IN Christ Jesus...ONLY the Lord God Forgives SIN.

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Born of God is NOT, sinless...it IS Forgiven sin and covered.
Born of God is NOT, claiming you have no sin....it is claiming you Confessed your sin, and God Forgave you.
Born of God is Not, a “license :rolleyes: to sin”...it is being Freed from sin, that you SIN no more.

* Men will claim YOU sin Against them....Nope.
Never were you told to Believe IN men, or Confess Belief IN men.
* Men will claim YOU lied to them...and call that a SIN....Nope.
* That is A trespass, Men can forgive Trespasses.

Remember...YOU established an Absolute WHOLE, body, soul, spirit Relationship WITH the Lord God Almighty....Nothing Between YOU and OTHER men...can SEVER Your relationship WITH God.

As @Taken has aptly stated above the WORD OF GOD will accomplish what the God whom sent it wishes whether we believe or not.

Thank you....PRECISELY...God Offered Salvation THROUGH Christ Jesus...TAKE His Offering, ACCORDING TO HIS WAY....and Forever He shall be with you and you with Him.

God Bless,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I DO NOT KNOW WHO COINED THE LABEL TRINITARIANS BUT GOD IS NOT 3 PERSONS ( THAT WOULD BE 3 SEPERATE AND DISTINCT INDIVIDUAL BEINGS ) 3 God's and God has emphatically stated through his word, " I AM GOD ,AND THERE IS NO OTHER. Isaiah 46:7-10 cxt

I do not know WHO coined the word “Trinity”.
I have NO issue with the meaning of that word.

Tri - prefix THREE ...nity.....UNITED.
I DO BELIEVE...THREE United is OUR ONE God...

WHAT is United? IS God?
His Will, His Word, His Spirit.

What does United mean?
His Will, His Word, His Spirit.......Are ALWAYS IN AGREEMENT.

What is the importance of His Will, His Word, His Spirit?

ALL Three Are Necessary For God TO: Create and Make

His WILL...is simply His Ideas, Thoughts, Desires.
His WORD..is simply Speech that Speaks, Declares His WILL.
His SPIRIT...is simply His POWER, that cause what He Thinks, He Says
To come into Existence. ...Creation.

BEGINNING
Gen 1:
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
[2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
[3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Gen 1 tells us Gods WILL...creation, and what He created.
Gen 1 tells us Gods SPIRIT...moving, motion, power
Gen 1 tells us Gods Word......speaking

INTERIM
God is called, by Names, Titles, Descriptions

ENDING
Rev 4:
[8] And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

One man has ...a will, a word, power....
Characteristics ... Of every individual...applies to ONE man.

One man can ALSO have and be called by numerous Names, Titles, Descriptions........still the one same man...body, soul, spirit...
Three United, One man.

I have no problem with the word Trinity, because I know what it means.
I do not like the ... Catholic Trinity “shield”... in Latin called; “the Shield of Faith”... a sketch, with writing...

:My2c: Maybe to ponder.

God Bless,
Taken

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholism is HERESY!

It's heretical views and practices are paganism in it's highest order.

Those that worship other gods before the Alpha & Omega, the author of the ONLY Word we live by in doctrine and practice are LOST IN IDOLATRY & PAGAN PRACTICE,SAME AS THE WORSHIPPERS OF BAAL! A ppl that follow their master, the deceiver, the devil!

God has complete ownership and authority over all things he created; angels,man,and the devil. I truly feel sorry for the underlings that follow man and his doctrine. Find out who the author is of that you claim to hold dearest to YOUR HEART, search out it's heiarchy of devil's that rule over you AND FLEE!

You who follow are unimportant but your leaders that hide murders and pedophiles care only for the POWER they think they possess.

What a day of reckoning is coming !

which of these dogmas is heresy?
Treason against God?

1. God, our Creator and Lord, can be known with certainty, by the natural light of reason from created things.
  2. God’s existence is not merely an object of natural rational knowledge, but also an object of supernatural faith.
  3. God’s Nature is incomprehensible to men.
  4. The blessed in Heaven posses an immediate intuitive knowledge of the Divine Essence.
  5. The Immediate Vision of God transcends the natural power of cognition of the human soul, and is therefore supernatural.
  6. The soul, for the Immediate Vision of God, requires the light of glory.
  7. God’s Essence is also incomprehensible to the blessed in Heaven.
  8. The Divine Attributes are really identical among themselves and with the Divine Essence.
  9. God is absolutely perfect.
  10. God is actually infinite in every perfection.
  11. God is absolutely simple.
  12. There is only One God.
  13. The One God is, in the ontological sense, The True God.
  14. God possesses an infinite power of cognition.
  15. God is absolute Veracity.
  16. God is absolutely faithful.
  17. God is absolute ontological Goodness in Himself and in relation to others.
  18. God is absolute Moral Goodness or Holiness.
  19. God is absolute Benignity.
  20. God is absolutely immutable.
  21. God is eternal.
  22. God is immense or absolutely immeasurable.
  23. God is everywhere present in created space.
  24. God’s knowledge is infinite.
  25. God knows all that is merely possible by the knowledge of simple intelligence (scientia simplicis intelligentiae).
  26. God knows all real things in the past, the present and the future (Scientia visionis).
  27. By knowledge of vision (scientia visionis) God also foresees the free acts of the rational creatures with infallible certainty.
  28. God’s Divine will is infinite.
  29. God loves Himself of necessity, but loves and wills the creation of extra-Divine things, on the other hand, with freedom.
  30. God is almighty.
  31. God is the Lord of the heavens and of the earth.
  32. God is infinitely just.
  33. God is infinitely merciful.
  34. In God there are Three Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Each of the Three Persons possesses the one (numerical) Divine Essence.
  35. In God there are two Internal Divine Processions.
  36. The Divine Persons, not the Divine Nature, are the subject of the Internal Divine processions (in the active and in the passive sense).
  37. The Second Divine Person proceeds from the First Divine Person by Generation, and therefore is related to Him as Son to a Father.
  38. The Holy Ghost proceeds from the Father and from the Son as from a Single Principle through a Single Spiration.
  39. The Holy Ghost does not proceed through generation but through spiration.
  40. The Relations in God are really identical with the Divine Nature.
  41. The Three Divine Persons are in One Another.
  42. All the ad extra Activities of God are common to all Three Persons.
  43. All that exists outside God was, in its whole substance, produced out of nothing by God.
  44. God was moved by His Goodness to create the world.
  45. The world was created for the Glorification of God.
  46. The Three Divine Persons are one single, common Principle of the Creation.
  47. God created the world free from exterior compulsion and inner necessity.
  48. God has created a good world.
  49. The world had a beginning in time.
  50. God alone created the World.
  51. God keeps all created things in existence.
  52. God through His providence protects and guides all that He has created.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Catholism is HERESY!

As is the belief of Unitarianism .
God spoke confirming that Jesus was his Son, Jesus said that he would send the Spirit and in the great commision told us to baptise in the name of the Fathr, Son and Spirit.
You are holding to unbiblical beliefs.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As is the belief of Unitarianism .
God spoke confirming that Jesus was his Son, Jesus said that he would send the Spirit and in the great commision told us to baptise in the name of the Fathr, Son and Spirit.
You are holding to unbiblical beliefs.

we believe in the divinity of Christ and the trinity as found in the valid creeds

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is "A" Spirit.
What Spirit is that?

A.) The Holy Spirit

The born again become the "temple of the Holy Spirit"....and that is ""CHRIST IN YOU< the Hope of Glory""", and """"Jesus is GOD manifested in the Flesh."" ....
1 Tim. 3:16 (“God was manifest in the flesh”)

As this is translated in the KJV it makes Paul say that Jesus is God “manifest in the flesh.”

Although the KJV translates 1 Tim. 3:16 with “God” as above, nearly all other translations today use a word which refers, not to God, but to Jesus: “he(NIV; RSV; NRSV; JB; NJB; REB; NAB [‘70]; AT; GNB; CBW; and Beck’s translation), “he who(ASV; NASB; NEB; MLB; BBE; Phillips; and Moffatt), “who,” or “which.” Even the equally old Douay version has “which was manifested in the flesh.” All the very best modern NT texts by trinitarian scholars (including Westcott and Hort, Nestle, and the text by the United Bible Societies) have the NT Greek word ὃς (“who”) here instead of θεὸς (“God”). Why do the very best trinitarian scholars support this NON-trinitarian translation of 1 Tim. 3:16?

Noted Bible scholar Dr. Frederick C. Grant writes:

“A capital example [of NT manuscript changes] is found in 1 Timothy 3:16, where ‘OS’ (OC or ὃς, ‘who’) was later taken for theta sigma with a bar above, which stood for theos (θεὸς, ‘god’). Since the new reading suited …. the orthodox doctrine of the church [trinitarian, at this later date], it got into many of the later manuscripts ….” – p. 656, Encyclopedia Americana, vol. 3, 1957 ed. (This same statement by Dr. Grant was still to be found in the latest Encyclopedia Americana that I examined – the 1990 ed., pp. 696-698, vol. 3.)

A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament by the United Bible Societies (1971 ed.) tells why the trinitarian UBS Committee chose ὃς [‘who’ or ‘he who’] as the original reading in their NT text for this verse:

“it is supported by the earliest and best uncials.” And, “Thus, no uncial (in the first hand [by the ORIGINAL writer]) earlier than the eighth or ninth century supports θεὸς [“God”]; all ancient versions presuppose ὃς [or OC, “who” - masc.] or [“which” - neut.]; and no patristic writer prior to the last third of the fourth century [ca. 370 A.D.] testifies to the reading θεὸς. The reading θεὸς arose either (a) accidentally, through the misreading of OC as ΘC, or (b) deliberately....” - p. 641.

Trinitarian scholar Murray J. Harris also concludes:

“The strength of the external evidence favoring OC [‘who’], along with considerations of transcriptional and intrinsic probability, have prompted textual critics virtually unanimously to regard OC as the original text, a judgment reflected in NA(26) [Nestle-Aland text] and UBS (1,2,3) [United Bible Societies text] (with a ‘B’ rating) [also the Westcott & Hort text]. Accordingly, 1 Tim 3:16 is not an instance of the Christological [‘Jesus is God’] use of θεὸς.” - Jesus as God, p. 268, Baker Book House, 1992.

And very trinitarian (Southern Baptist) NT Greek scholar A. T. Robertson wrote about this scripture:

He who (hos [or OC in the original text]). The correct text, not theos (God) the reading of the Textus Receptus ... nor ho (neuter relative [pronoun]), agreeing with [the neuter] musterion [‘mystery’] the reading of Western documents.” - p. 577, Vol. 4, Word Pictures in the New Testament, Broadman Press.

The correct rendering of 1 Tim. 3:16, then, is: “He who was revealed in the flesh ….” - NASB. Cf. ASV; RSV; NRSV; NAB; JB; NJB; NIV; NEB; REB; ESV; Douay-Rheims; TEV; CEV; BBE; NLV; God’s Word; New Century Version; Holman NT; ISV NT; Lexham English Bible; The Message; Weymouth; Moffatt; etc.

tigger 2

Oct 19, 2017
port angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA ,

Notice the comments concerning this disputed passage found in the respected trinitarian reference work, The Expositor's Greek Testament:

It says in a note for 1 John 5:7 (as found in the Received Text and the KJV):

"A Latin interpolation, certainly spurious. (I) Found in no Gk. MS. [Greek Manuscript] except two late minuscules - 162 (Vatican), 15th c., the Lat. Vg. [Latin Vulgate] Version with a Gk. text adapted thereto; 34 (Trin. Coll., Dublin), 16th c. (2) Quoted by none of the Gk Fathers. Had they known it, they would have employed it in the Trinitarian controversies (Sabellian and Arian [325 A.D.]). (3) Found in none of the early versions - in Vg. but not as it [originally] left the hands of St. Jerome." - p. 195, Vol. 5, Eerdmans Publishing Co.

Nearly all recognized trinitarian scholars agree with the above statement, and thus, nearly all Bible translations do not use this spurious passage

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you all.

YHWH(Jehovah; Yehoveh; Yahweh) is the true God. YHWH God is the creator and source of all life. YHWH God is the Father and God of Jesus Christ.(John 20:17)

Reactions: tigger 2