Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

?

Much love!
Well, lets look into the timeline of the prophecy and what history shows. We find the 1260 year prophesy in the Bible was mentioned seven times, to emphasize it's great importance. But why is it so important, well because it perfectly identifies the Beast or antichrist power and gives understanding the other parts of scripture with prophecy. Here the exact same time in the timeline referred to as 3 1/2 times in Daniel 7 meaning the same period of 1260 days/years exact same period of persecution in church history:

Daniel 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

This verse in context is referring to a period of time that the little horn or Antichrist power will persecute the true believers or true church, for 1260 years. The same is true for the time given "that it shall be for a time, times, and an half" for Daniel 12:7

So why is it not a year equal to 365 days as we hold today? Well in ancient times the year was held to be at 360 days. The fact that the prophets understood a year as 360 days is well attested, and can be seen in the prophecies of Daniel and Revelation as seen in the use of "time, times and half a time" (i.e. 1+2+0.5=3.5), "1,260 days" and "42 months". These references represent a period of 1260 years (based on the 360 day Jewish year multiplied by 3.5). Divide 1,260 days by 42 months and you will get a 30-day month, as 12 months of 30 days equals 360-days in a year

These time periods occur eight times in scripture:
Daniel 7:25, "time, times and a half".
Daniel 9:27, "half one set of seven".
Daniel 12:7, "time, times and a half".
Revelation 11:2, "42 months".
Revelation 11:3, "1260 days".
Revelation 12:6, "1260 days".
Revelation 12:14, "time, times and a half".
Revelation 13:5, "42 months".

So we have a measuring stick in history of when this AntiChrist power would be persecuting and basically ruling without restraint in the world. The prophecy in Daniel 7 and 12, Revelation 11, 12 and 13, all mention this same persecuting power with its false system of worship, who enforce a church and state union, causing the kings of the earth to bow down and worship it. Looking at Daniel we understand this can only be the time of the Roman empire and it's change into Papal Rome.

Lets look at the following timeline which outlines just how it began when the Pope first took it's powers over church and state:

533 AD - Emperor Justinian decrees John, as the Bishop of Rome, Chief Bishop of all the churches and he was not to be questioned that in her was the supremacy of the pontificate. Edicts of Novellae, 131st chap. II. This was not the first time that the Bishop of Rome declared himself to be ruler of all the churches, but it is the first time the claim was backed up by the secular sword and temporal powers granted to the Papal System.

536 AD - General Belisarius, under the command of Justinian, marched to Rome, deposed the Ostrogoth installed Bishop of Rome (Silverius) and exiled him.

537 AD - Belisarius installed Vigilius as Bishop of Rome

538 AD - General Belisarius broke the siege and the Ostrogoths withdrew from Rome. Pope Silverius died in prison, marking it the first time Justinians Decree, the supremacy of the Bishop of Rome over the Church could actually be implemented by Vigilius.

1798 AD - General Berthier marched to Rome, entered it unopposed and proclaimed it a Roman Republic, demanded of the Pope the renunciation of his temporal authority, then take prisoner.

The Original Catholic Encyclopedia states on Pope Vigilius beginning pontificate and his temporal powers:

"From this time on the popes, more and more involved in worldly events, no longer belong solely to the Church; they are men of the state, and then rules of the state.[ EDITORS' NOTE : Some writers hold that the beginning of Vigilius' legitimate pontificate should be reckoned from 538 rather than 537, because his deposed predecessor, Silverius, did not die until June, 538." Original Catholic Encyclopedia - Home of the largest Catholic Encyclopedia resource on the web...

The 1260 years of Papal Supremacy is attested to by many sources, not just a few:

Long ages ago, when Rome through the neglect of the Western emperors was left to the mercy of barbarous hordes, Romans turned to one figure for aid and protection and asked him to rule them; and thus in this simple manner, the best title of all to kingly right, commenced the temporal sovereignty of the Popes. And meekly stepping to the throne of Caesar, the Vicar of Christ took up the sceptre to which the emperors and kings of Europe were to bow in reverence through so many ages, from sentiments of respect for the dignity of his office and because he was the only mediator whom they recognized in their almost interminable wars.

Source: Two Romes, by James P. Conry, in The American Catholic Quarterly Review, Volume XXXVI (36), edited by James Andrew Corcoran, Patrick John Ryan, Edmond Francis Prendergast, 1911, pgs. 193-194.

... the right to her Temporal Sovereignty is an integral right of the Church as constituted by her Divine Founder. It has prevailed de facto for more than twelve hundred years, and has been possessed de jure by Divine Natural Law from the beginning of Christianity,... Source: The Victories of Rome and the Temporal Monarchy of the Church, 5th edition, By Kenelm Digby Best, London, 1906, pg. xii.

Rome has been a government under the Popes for some twelve hundred years. Source: Complete Works of the Most Rev. John Hughes, Archbishop of New York, 1866, Volume 2. pg. 778

... In books of all sizes, and from the pulpit of every church, we have been taught from our infancy, that the "beast, the man of sin, and the scarlet whore," mentioned in the Revelations, were names which God himself had given to the Pope; and we have all been taught to believe of the Catholic Church, that her worship was "idolatrous," and that her doctrines were "damnable.".... Now let us put a plain question or two to ourselves, and to these our readers; and we shall quickly be able to form a just estimate of the modesty, sincerity, and consistency of these revilers of the Catholic religion: ―they will not, because they cannot, deny, that this religion was the ONLY CHRISTIAN religion in the world for fifteen hundred years after the death of Christ. They may say, indeed, that for the first three hundred years there was no Pope seated at Rome. But, then, for twelve hundred years there had been; and, during that period, all the nations of Europe, and some part of America, had become Christian, and all acknowledged the Pope as their head in religious matters; and, in short, there was no other Christian Church known in the world, nor had any other ever been thought of. Can we believe, then, that Christ, who died to save sinners, who sent forth his gospel as the means of their salvation, would have suffered a false Christian religion, and no other than a false Christian religion, to be known amongst men all this while? Will these modest assailants of the faith of their and our ancestors assert to our faces, that, for twelve hundred years at least, there were no true Christians in the world? Will they tell us, that Christ, who promised to be with the teachers of his word to the end of the world, wholly left them, and gave up hundreds upon hundreds of millions of people to be led in darkness to their eternal perdition, by one whom his inspired followers had denominated the "man of sin, and the scarlet whore"? Will they, indeed, dare to tell us, that Christ gave up the world wholly to "Antichrist" for twelve hundred years?

Source: History of the Protestant Reformation in England and Ireland, Showing How That Event Has Impoverished and Degraded the Main Body of the People in Those Countries, by William Cobbett, published in 1832 in New York by John Doyle, 12 Liberty-street; and Thomas Doyle, Market-street, Providence R.I., pages 6 and 7.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now if you try to say the period was only 1260 literal days, only 3 1/2 years, it applies to nothing and falls short of any event. But if you go by the 1260-day equals a year in prophecies in regard to the Papacy as the Reformers understood it, it lines up and makes sense. In 538 A.D. the Ostragoths abandoned their siege of Rome, and this left the Bishop of Rome to exercise the power and prerogatives of Justinian's decree of 533 A.D. the power and the authority of the Papacy grew, and with it persecution of the true believers and destruction of many at the stake and other torture during these dark times.

Exactly 1260 years later the Papacy suffered its "deathblow" which everyone thought was the end The armies of Napoleon in Italy placed the Pope at the mercy of the French Revolutionary Government, which declared it a enemy of the Republic. The government also urged Napoleon to destroy the center of unity of the Papal power of the Roman church, and Napoleon did just that.

When General Berthier, with the French army, marched into Rome it was proclaimed that the political rule of the Papacy was at an end and he took the Pope prisoner and removed to France where he died in exile, and it look like that was the end of the Papacy for all intents and purposes.

John in Revelation also shows the same prophecy when the Roman Church would reign for 1260 years before being "wounded unto death." Revelation 13:5, "And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months." This is the same 1260 days of Daniel and using the Day/Year Principle gives the 1260 years as confirmed by the historical records:

"Vigilius...ascended the papal chair (538 A.D.) under the military protection of Belisarius." History of the Christian Church, Vol. 3, p. 327

So the Bible says the antichrist power which is the Beast will rule for 1260 years before receiving a mortal wound. Now it's just a matter of simple mathematics. If the prophecy is correct, 1260 years after 538 AD the Beast must receive a mortal wound. If you add 1260 years to the beginning year for the Roman Catholic church, 538 AD, you will arrive in the year 1798 AD. So, according to the Bible we are told the reign of the Beast and what it would do to the year 1798.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the prophecy then says, this wound administered to the Beast will be healed: Revelation 13:3, "... his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast." History records this:

Mussolini and (Cardinal) Gasspari sign historic Roman pact.
"The Roman question tonight was a thing of the past, and the Vatican was at peace with Italy... In affixing the autographs to the memorable document healing the wound of many years, extreme cordiality was displayed on both sides" -The San Francisco Chronicle. Feb. 11, 1929

From 11 o' clock this morning there was another sovereign independent State in the world. At that time Premier Mussolini, as Italian Foreign Minister representing King Victor Emmanuel--the first Italian Premier ever to cross the threshold of the Vatican--exchanged with Cardinal Gasparri, Papal Secretary of State, representing Pope Pius XI, ratifications of the treaties signed at the Lateran Palace on Feb. 11. By that simple act the sovereign independent State of Vatican City came into existence.-New York Times July 7, 1929

So we see the beast is one that "was", "is not" and "yet is". Revelation 17:8, "...behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is."

The Beast that was: The Roman church began in 538 AD and continued until Napoleon sent in General Berthier in 1798.

...and is not: From 1798 until the signing of the Lateran treaty in 1929, the Roman Church/state was non-existent.

...yet is: From 1929 to present the Roman Church has been a church & state.

Bible prophecy lays it out, you just have to compare to the historical records and it shows how it comes to be fulfilled. But one has to study the scriptures to see what the prophecy tells us.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I subjectively believe that it was Nero Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, after he killed himself, rumor was he was coming back, just like Jesus Christ was coming back to the people who waiting for him then in that age... Interesting and horrifying age those people lived in, of course people also look at hitler as an example but the message of revelation was for a period of time specific to the surrounding regions at the time. Idk why people continue to want to make revelation for today, there is something you gain spiritually out of it but a lot of the material things with-in it happened as well, promised to come shortly. Many just don't believe it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, there was a man who sat across from me at the table and after some short dialouge, the first things that came out of his mouth were "Satan is deceiving people out there with a lot of false teaching." I just looked at him, and said I subjectively believe that He has been defeated and not around more and talked a little about Ad70. And he asked me about daniel, and he said go check out chapter 7, and I did... and it talks about Satans defeat too, and when the Ancient of days came upon his throne, and that reminded me of the transfiguration on the mountain. However, over all his message was to me that Satan is deciving people. I told him I believe what we wrestle around with darkness, but you can believe however you would like to, I love you no matter what cause that is what the way life is about, and that is the truth. :) It is amazing that you can have faith openly expressing jesus has came already, and satan is defeated, and if people disagree with you. You can still love them and say your right is to choose and believe how you want to.

Another man talked to me at lunch today, and I shared with him about Jesus coming back and he rejected it. I said most people believe what grandma, grandpa, or mom and dad, or brother and sister or family or friend taught them, and not really go and look into the bible properly but it is okay. It's about loving Yahava, and loving one another despite people who reject what you may say, or disagree with you.

People really have a hard time with that because they desire to fight, for what they believe to be true. Sometimes you just have to let things be.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, lets look into the timeline of the prophecy and what history shows.
I guess I was mostly curious if you wrote that web page, or if you were just quoting from it. It looks like you are just copying all this from somewhere.

Much love!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show that happening? I don't see that in Daniel 7.

Yet the first 3 beasts survive after the 4th beast is destroyed. How can the 4th beast be Rome because Greece did not continue after Rome was destroyed and Rome wasn't destroyed in the first century either.

Dan 7:11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
Dan 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
Look at the context given two verses before in Daniel 7:9 and you see it is a heavenly scene

“I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of Days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool; his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him; thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the judgment was set, and the books were opened. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake;

The Ancient of Days represents God the Father. That one like the Son of man, who comes to the Ancient of Days, is none other than our redeemer Jesus Christ. Then it switches back to what will happen to the AntiChrist entity on earth.

"I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame."

And the others, which we have still today but in reduced form...
"As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time."

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I was mostly curious if you wrote that web page, or if you were just quoting from it. It looks like you are just copying all this from somewhere.

Much love!
I try to put the sources or webpage, but some of it is from history, and I have that in notes, but if you want pages of history, we can do that. It all agrees...

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to put the sources or webpage, but some of it is from history, and I have that in notes, but if you want pages of history, we can do that. It all agrees...
That's alright, thank you!

Much love!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look at the context given two verses before in Daniel 7:9 and you see it is a heavenly scene

“I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of Days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool; his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him; thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the judgment was set, and the books were opened. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake;

How is it a heavenly scene when the thrones are cast DOWN? In heaven the thrones don't need to be moved let alone DOWN.

The Ancient of Days represents God the Father. That one like the Son of man, who comes to the Ancient of Days, is none other than our redeemer Jesus Christ. Then it switches back to what will happen to the AntiChrist entity on earth.

"I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame."

And the others, which we have still today but in reduced form...
"As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time."

Doesn't describe anything like a reduced form, plus that passage has the coming of God (usually thought of as the second coming) and the saints possessing the kingdom which I don't recall ever happening.

Nothing in the passage supports Rome as having been the 4th beast.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all know who persecuted any Christian who stood in it way, and went after any leader or kingdom that tried to stop it..

We can just go on and on, but I think you get the point here...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also subjectively believe that God used the Roman army to destroy his divorced wife, Israel and Jesus came back and married the new bride, the bride of Christ.

Just like God said to the devil "have you considered my servant job", Yahava allowed the devil to devour Israel in that day, only after to be put away forever. Why? For Killing the Son of God.

In the foretelling to the four apostles, he clearly talked about an 'army surrounding them,' if you go back in to history Jospehus writes about the events. It's amazing to have such a great witness still have his work be obtainable today.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is what the bible says about the Antichrist

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

It seems to me from scripture that the antichrist is one that denieth the Father and the Son. According to scripture even now are there many antichrists today For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
It did more than deny the Father and the Son, they put up their own god as intercessor, have you heard of the 'Queen of Heaven', the one they pray to, we can start a whole thread on that by itself..

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who is the AntiChrist? (Identifying Him)​

You should read The End Times by Maria Valtorta. Jesus dictated to her about the Antichrist, etc., and she faithfully wrote down everything He said and shared with the world, at His behest.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 17:10
Five heads have fallen. The sixth existed at the time of John. Which Empire existed at John's time? The Roman Empire.
The sixth head is the fourth head of the third beast. Thus the Roman Empire is part of the third beast. It can't be the forth empire.
That one is a bit harder, but if you look you find these heads represent kingdoms that persecuted God's people. You've got Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia and Greece. Five that were in the past when John has this vision, all five of those powers occupied the children of Israel and persecuted them.

Now of the fallen those are all in the past at the time of John writing, and it says five are fallen. It says 'one is', so you are correct on the sixth, that was Rome at John's time, Pagan Rome ruled by the Caesars. And it says the other is not yet come, and we know what came after Pagan Rome, it was the Papacy. That's a religious/political entity, with the power of Rome ruled by the church and it says he's also the eighth. Why? You go to Revelation 13, it says he gets a deadly wound but he comes back again and goes and all the way to the end when Christ comes.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should read The End Times by Maria Valtorta. Jesus dictated to her about the Antichrist, etc., and she faithfully wrote down everything He said and shared with the world, at His behest.
"Maria Valtorta was a Catholic Italian writer. She was a Franciscan tertiary and a lay member of the Servants of Mary who reported personal conversations with, and dictations from, Jesus Christ." I can recognize the corruption of these 'mystics' and doctrines from evil and its religious entity, I think we can leave it at that..

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can recognize the corruption of these 'mystics' and doctrines from evil and its religious entity, I think we can leave it at that..

Jesus says you shall know them by their fruits and that an evil tree cannot bear good fruit. How can you recognize Maria Valtorta's writings as evil or good when you haven't even read them?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very handy book for those who are interested in the fulfilment view, many cited information to consider and look at, good paper quality too, if he still sends them out in book form which I think it is.

Its basically a revelation noted verse by verse. Can only give these few photo shots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 1

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible never names a country of origin for the AC.
Well lets see what the Bible shows us is this entity. We have the following points from Daniel 7 will help us to identify the little horn which grows into the Papal power.

It is a little kingdom which would come into being with great power and influence.

Origin In Europe. It came up among the ten horns on the head of the fourth beast. This is the Roman Empire which it rises out of.

Becomes powerful After Roman Empire breaks up. It would arise after the ten horns. Therefore, it would arise after Rome fell in 476 AD.

Three Nations removed in its rise. Three of the ten kingdoms were displaced by his rise to power, the Bible says "He shall subdue three kings".

It was different than the other kingdoms. "He was diverse from the former" . So it was different from the previous ten kings. The ten were political organizations only. This little horn would claim authority like God.

It would be human and not the devil himself. It would have "eyes like a man" . This horn has "eyes", not of God, but of man. It is guided by human intelligence, human leadership, and human authority. With a man as leader, it usurps God's leadership.

It would be arrogant and blasphemous. It would have a "mouth speaking great things" and "shall speak great words against the most High" . The little horn power would speak great, or pompous things, and would speak out against God.

And it would dominate the world for 1260 Years. It would last for "a time, times and the dividing of times".

It would persecute the saints and try to destroy them. The little horn power would have dominion and persecute God's saints or "wear out the Saints" for 1260 years.

And most important when it comes to the Sabbath, changes times and laws. It would "think to change times and laws" (. The little horn power would be both a political and a religious power. In the context of speaking great things against God, and of persecuting the saints of God, it would also think to change "Times and Laws". The only commandment that deals with time is the fourth commandment which regulates the Sabbath.

And thankfully it would be destroyed by God. So we will see it as we see the Papacy, continuing in power, even with suffering a deadly wound, until the Second Coming

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a very handy book for those who are interested in the fulfilment view, many cited information to consider and look at, good paper quality too, if he still sends them out in book form which I think it is.

Its basically a revelation noted verse by verse. Can only give these few photo shots.
Well, I would not touch anything coming from the Jesuits or the blasphemous entity it holds up. We see it from its own mouth,
and it not hard to find. In his encyclical, "The Reunion of Christendom" (1885), Pope Leo XIII stated that the pope holds "upon this earth the place of God Almighty."

In the Catechism, can be found the following: "The Pope takes the place of Jesus Christ on earth...by divine right the pope has supreme and full power in faith and morals over each and every pastor and his flock. He is the true Vicar of Christ, the head of the entire church, the father and teacher of all Christians He is the infallible ruler, the founder of dogmas, the author of and the judge of councils; the universal ruler of truth, the arbiter of the world, the supreme judge of heaven and earth, the judge of all, being judged by one, God himself on earth." and also "The Pope can make and unmake laws for the entire Church; his authority is supreme and unquestioned. Every bishop, every priest, every member of the Church is subject to him."

Here are some others…"The Pope is not simply the representative of Jesus Christ. On the contrary, he is Jesus Christ Himself, under the veil of the flesh." (Evangelical Christendom, January 1, 1895, pg. 15, published in London by J. S. Phillips)

"Against this background of love towards Holy Church, 'the pillar and bulwark of the truth' (1 Tim 3:15), we readily understand the devotion of Saint Francis of Assisi for 'THE LORD POPE', the daughterly outspokenness of Saint Catherine of Siena towards the one whom she called 'SWEET CHRIST ON EARTH'." (Pope John Paul II, Apostolic Exhortation on the Consecrated Life and Its Mission in the Church and in the World, to the bishops and clergy, religious orders and congregations, societies of apostolic life, secular institutes, and all the faithful, given in Rome, at Saint Peter's, March 25, 1996)

"The Pope is of so great dignity, and so exalted that he is not a mere man, but as it were God and the vicar of God." (Ferraris Ecclesiastical dictionary)

"All names which in the Scriptures are applied to Christ, by virtue of which it is established that He is over the church, all the same names are applied to the Pope." (On the Authority of the Councils, book 2, chapter 17)

"The Pope and God are the same, so he has all power in Heaven and earth." (Pope Pius V, quoted in Barclay, Chapter XXVII, p. 218, "Cities Petrus Bertanous)

"To believe that our Lord God the Pope has not the power to decree as he is decreed, is to be deemed heretical." (the Gloss "Extravagantes" o.f Pope John XXII *** inter, Tit. XIV, Cap. IV. Ad Callem Sexti Decretalium, Paris, 1685)

"Hence the Pope is crowned with a triple crown, as king of heaven and of earth and of the lower regions." (Ferraris, «Prompta Bibliotheca», 1763, Volume VI, 'Papa II', p.26)

"The Saviour Himself is the door of the sheepfold: 'I am the door of the sheep.' Into this fold of Jesus Christ, no man may enter unless he be led by the Sovereign Pontiff; and only if they be united to him can men be saved, for the Roman Pontiff is the Vicar of Christ and His personal representative on earth." (Pope John XXIII in his homily to the Bishops and faithful assisting at his coronation on November 4, 1958)

"This is our last lesson to you: receive it, engrave it in your minds, all of you: by God's commandment salvation is to be found nowhere but in the Church; the strong and effective instrument of salvation is none other than the Roman Pontificate." (Pope Leo XIII, Allocution for the 25th anniversary of his election, February 20, 1903; Papal Teachings: The Church, Benedictine Monks of Solesmes, St. Paul Editions, Boston, 1962, par. 653)

He calls himself the Supreme ruler of heaven and earth, the Supreme Pontiff, the Holy Father, which belong only to God and "God himself on earth". No such terms were given to a mere man anywhere in scripture and the term "Holy Father" is used only by Jesus in John 17:11 as He prayed to God the Father. For a sinful man to assume the authority and titles which belong only to God, seems the height of blasphemy.

So the Pope has laid claim to take the place of God with infallible authority and we find the Council of Trent declared: "Sitting in that chair in which Peter, the Prince of the Apostles, sat to the close of life, the Catholic Church recognizes in his person the most exalted degree of dignity, and the full jurisdiction not based on constitutions, but emanating from no less authority than from God Himself. As the Successor of St. Peter and the true and legitimate Vicar of Jesus Christ, he therefore, presides over the Universal Church, the Father and Governor of all the faithful, of Bishops, also and of all other prelates, be their station, rant, or power, what they may be."

So its not just the Pope, the councils have also laid claim that the Pope holds of himself what can only be termed as "God on Earth", it is blasphemous as the Bible prophecy shows this entity would be.