Who is the son?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're not the ones confused. Show me in scripture where it says God sent himself to the world of mankind to die for mankind. There are scriptures that tell us that God sent his Only Begotten Son to the world of mankind to die for mankind. The scriptures show us that it's those who exercise faith that God loved the World of Mankind so much that he sent his Only Begotten Son to the World of Mankind that those who exercise faith in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
One thing you have to remember is that God can't die. You can argue about it all you want but God can't die. No matter how you debate it God can't die.
first read Isaiah 63:5. and then read the whole chapter of Isaiah 53, (to know who his arm is), and then YOU can tell us who is the LORD's Own "ARM?. and make sure you read the very first verse of chapter 53.... :D

and as for sending, Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me." and we will see who according to YOUR OWN NWT who was sent..... :rolleyes:

Dinner is served.

PICJAG.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHO IS THE SON
Two weeks previously Thomas had heard Jesus pray to his heavenly Father and say: “This is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom thou hast sent, " at John 17:3. On the fourth day after that prayer, or on his day of resurrection, Jesus sent a special message to Thomas and the other disciples by means of Mary Magdalene. “Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not, for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her, " at John 20:17,18. So from Jesus’ prayer and from this message through Mary Magdalene, Thomas knew who his own God was. His God was not Jesus Christ, but his God was the God of Jesus Christ. Also his Father was the Father of Jesus Christ. Thus Thomas knew that Jesus had a God whom he worshiped, namely, his heavenly Father.

How, then, could Thomas in an ecstasy of joy at seeing the resurrected Jesus for the first time burst out with an exclamation and speak to Jesus himself as being the one and only living, true God, the God whose name is Jehovah? How could Thomas, by what he spoke, mean that Jesus was himself “the only true God” or that Jesus was God in the Second Person of a Trinity? In view of what Thomas had heard from Jesus and had been told by Jesus, how can we read such a meaning into Thomas’ words: “My Lord and my God”?

Jesus would have reproved Thomas if Jesus had understood that Thomas meant that he, Jesus, was “the only true God” whom Jesus had called “my God” and “my Father.” Certainly Jesus would not take a title away from God his Father or take away the unique position from God his Father. Since Jesus did not reprove Thomas as if addressing him in a wrong way, Jesus knew how to understand Thomas’ words, Scripturally. And so did the apostle John.

John was there and heard Thomas exclaim: “My Lord and my God.” Did John say that the only thing for us to conclude from Thomas’ words was that Jesus was God, “the only true God” whose name is Jehovah? PS.35:23,24 Here would have been an excellent place for John to explain John 1:1 and say that Jesus Christ, who was the Word made flesh, was God himself, that he was “God the Son, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity.” But is that the conclusion that John reached? Is that the conclusion to which John brings his readers? L

“Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: but these are written, that ye might believe.” That we might believe what? “That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.”John 20:29-31

In his life account of Jesus John wrote the things to persuade us to believe, not that Jesus is God, that Christ is God, or that Jesus is “God the Son,” but that “Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.” The trinitarians designedly twist things by saying “God the Son.” But we take John’s explanation the way that he words it, namely, “Christ, the Son of God.” We follow John to the same conclusion that he reached, that Jesus is the Son of the One whom Jesus calls “my Father” and “my God,” in this same Twentieth Chapter of John. Hence Thomas was not worshiping “God the Father” and “God the Son” at one and the same time as equals in a “triune God.”

Thomas worshiped the same God whom Jesus Christ worshiped, namely, Jehovah God, the Father. So if Thomas addressed Jesus as “my God,” Thomas had to recognize Jesus’ Father as the God of a God, hence as a God higher than Jesus Christ, a God whom Jesus himself worshiped. Revelation 4:1-11 gives a symbolic description of this God, the “Lord God Almighty,” who sits upon the heavenly throne and who lives forever and ever; but the next chapter, Revelation 5:1-8 describes Jesus Christ as the Lamb of God who comes to the Lord God Almighty on his throne and takes a scroll out of God’s hand. This illustrates the meaning of Jesus’ words to Thomas and the other apostles: “I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.” John 14:28 Jesus thus recognized his Father as the Lord God Almighty, without an equal, greater than his Son.
You need to tell Kingdom Hall to edit John 20 where Thomas calls Jesus God even in the NWT.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We're not the ones confused. Show me in scripture where it says God sent himself to the world of mankind to die for mankind. There are scriptures that tell us that God sent his Only Begotten Son to the world of mankind to die for mankind. The scriptures show us that it's those who exercise faith that God loved the World of Mankind so much that he sent his Only Begotten Son to the World of Mankind that those who exercise faith in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
One thing you have to remember is that God can't die. You can argue about it all you want but God can't die. No matter how you debate it God can't die.
Guess you missed John 1 "The Word was God." "The Word became flesh and dwelt among us."

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first read Isaiah 63:5. and then read the whole chapter of Isaiah 53, (to know who his arm is), and then YOU can tell us who is the LORD's Own "ARM?. and make sure you read the very first verse of chapter 53.... :D

and as for sending, Isaiah 48:16 "Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me." and we will see who according to YOUR OWN NWT who was sent..... :rolleyes:

Dinner is served.

PICJAG.

I'm not going to read anything you suggest. You have already proven that you want people to believe your interpretations not what's written down in the Bible. So how about we go our separate ways cause I don't worship you and your interpretations

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why He became flesh, so He could die for us.

The Only Begotten Son of God is the one who became flesh. I know you deny this. You deny it was the Only-begotten Son who came to the world of Mankind, you deny it was the Only-Begotten Son who died for the world of mankind, you deny that it was the Only-Begotten Son of God who was resurrected three days after his death by God. Those who deny these things will not be in the Kingdom of God.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to read anything you suggest. You have already proven that you want people to believe your interpretations not what's written down in the Bible. So how about we go our separate ways cause I don't worship you and your interpretations
First thanks for the reply, second, you don't have to read anything, if I would have suggested reading Mobey Dick, yes, you could have said that, but when someone suggest to read the bible and one refuse, then A. they are afraid of what they will read, or B. they reject the Chirst and his Holy written Word.

and third, don't try to put words in my mouth, I have no private interpretation of any scripture. if you cannot understand the scriptures then it's on you. for I said I would use even your own NWT, your bible with it's ..... "interpretation"... of the scriptures. you know I will expose the NWT for just what it is..... not a true word of God bible. as I been saying you're not the problem, but you can be the solution.

as I tell all, I care less what you believe, that's you, my Job is to point out the scriptures.

Now if you believe I have added to the word of God or took anything away then place your complaint, or we can do as you say go our separate way, which is fine with me... :D which I know you would love because you can have a good conscious in WHAT YOU NOW BELIEVE IN. but you know that I know that you're in ERROR, and that will be in the back of your mind from now on.

so it's best we separate, for at the Judgment we must all give an account, and the record will show that I told you the TRUTH, according to the scriptures. so, so long......

PICJAG.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply, second, you don't have to read anything, if I would have suggested reading Mobey Dick, yes, you could have said that, but when someone suggest to read the bible and one refuse, then A. they are afraid of what they will read, or B. they reject the Chirst and his Holy written Word.

and third, don't try to put words in my mouth, I have no private interpretation of any scripture. if you cannot understand the scriptures then it's on you. for I said I would use even your own NWT, your bible with it's ..... "interpretation"... of the scriptures. you know I will expose the NWT for just what it is..... not a true word of God bible. as I been saying you're not the problem, but you can be the solution.

as I tell all, I care less what you believe, that's you, my job is to point out the scriptures.

Now if you believe I have added to the word of God or took anything away then place your complaint, or we can do as you say go our separate way, which is fine with me... :D which I know you would love because you can have a good conscious in WHAT YOU NOW BELIEVE IN. but you know that I know that you're in ERROR, and that will be in the back of your mind from now on.

so it's best we separate, for at the Judgment we must all give an account, and the record will show that I told you the TRUTH, according to the scriptures. so, so long......

PICJAG.

No anything you suggest I read you're just going to put your interpretation on it. I already know how much you care about your interpretation rather than the scriptures. I don't see yourself caring more for what's written down in Scripture. You will care more about your interpretation of Scripture rather than what Gods Holy Spirit had written down. I believe what Gods Holy Spirit inspired men to write down is accurate. I, nor anyone else needs someones interpretation of what the Holy Spirit of God had written down. When the Holy Spirit of God inspired someone to write down what Jesus said, " I go to my Father and your Father and my God and your God, " what Jesus said here at John 20:17 is true. It doesn't need anyone's interpretation. So when Jesus said, "my Father in heaven" he wasn't saying, "my spiritt in heaven" just because 101G says so.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says the JW that tries to rewrite nearly every Christian Bible.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Only Begotten Son of God is the one who became flesh. I know you deny this. You deny it was the Only-begotten Son who came to the world of Mankind, you deny it was the Only-Begotten Son who died for the world of mankind, you deny that it was the Only-Begotten Son of God who was resurrected three days after his death by God. Those who deny these things will not be in the Kingdom of God.
Guess you missed John 1 The Word was God.

Now do your JW thing and try to rewrite what John said.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess you missed John 1 The Word was God.

Now do your JW thing and try to rewrite what John said.
kcnalp, he cannot because Deuteronomy 32:39 puts an end to any "god" with God, as they try to use in John 1:1c. listen, "See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand."

so God himself clearly eliminates any "god", that's a small case "g" in god WITH him as John 1:1b claim. and the ERROR the JW make at John 1:1c is a "god" is just that ... a ERROR.

I don't know why people who claim that they know just lie, if they would have just read the word in Deuteronomy 32:39 they could have save themselves a lot shame.

PICJAG

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says the JW that tries to rewrite nearly every Christian Bible.

When a new Bible translation is published in English many people wonder why, because a great many English versions already exist. Some may even argue that the King James Version gives us the Bible in English; so why produce new translations? The principal reason is to give the public a translation of God’s Word that accurately expresses the fine shades of meaning contained in the Hebrew and Greek of Bible manuscripts and that at the same time is understandable to the average person living today. The King James Version itself was actually a new translation in its day, really a revision of previous English versions, those with previous enlish version spoke against the KJV in the beginning but it met the need for a clearer translation of God’s Word then, and now new versions again meet our need for an easily understood version today.

The English language has changed since 1611, when the KJV was released. Many words that were used then are no longer used today or their meanings have changed. For example, many don't understand the language of the KJV in its rendering of Genesis 25:29. It says: “Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint.” In a new translation that uses the English we speak today this verse reads: “Once Jacob was boiling up some stew, when Esau came along from the field and he was tired.” (NW) Since the purpose in reading the Bible is to learn from it, is not that goal more easily attained when the language used in it is the English that is spoken in this twentieth century rather than that spoken in the seventeenth century?

The translations of the Bible of which the KJV was a revision were based upon a small number of Hebrew and Greek manuscripts. Many thousands of manuscripts have been found since then, some being as much as a thousand years older than those. The fact that these manuscript copies are older means they are closer in time to the original writings and are, therefore, more accurate, having fewer copyist errors. Their existence urges the production of new translations that can incorporate the refinements they make possible.

The continually improved knowledge scholars are gaining of the ancient languages of Hebrew and Greek is another factor that makes new Bible versions necessary. They have a much better understanding of these languages today than did the Bible translators of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.

It was not until the close of the eighteenth century that archaeological findings revealed that the Greek-language manuscripts of the Bible were written in a form of Greek that was spoken by the common people. It differed a little from the classical Greek, just as the English spoken by a laborer often differs from that spoken by the upper class in society. Prior to this discovery scholars made their translations according to their understanding of classical Greek. This resulted in inaccuracies because word meanings according to classical Greek often differed somewhat from the common, or koine, Greek. For example, the KJV renders Matthew 6:27 this way: “Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?” The word it translates “stature” or size was right in Luke 2:52 and Luke 19:3 and Ephesians 4:13, but the common, or koine, Greek also gave the word the meaning of age or time of life. Knowing the extended meaning of the word, modern translators make this verse plainer and more accurate. One version says: “Who of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his life span?” (NW) So the thought should be life span instead of stature.

NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES

Despite the fact that there are many fine Bible translations in modern-day English, the need for new and fresh translations has not ceased. Every refinement benefits the public by making Bible knowledge plainer and by giving them a more accurate expression of the Scriptures. Recently a new translation of the Bible was released that incorporates numerous refinements as well as eliminating certain shortcomings that were objectionable in other versions. This superb translation is called the “New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.”

To an enthusiastic assembly of more than 51,000 ministers and Bible students the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures was released in one compact volume on June 23, 1961, at Yankee Stadium, New York city. The assembled ministers were surprised at its compact size, yet with easily readable type, and delighted by its nominal price, a price that would make it easily available even to people of small financial means.

Taking advantage of the oldest Bible manuscripts that have been found as well as the improved understanding of koine Greek, the translators of this version have produced a copy of the Bible in English that is extremely accurate. It carefully expresses the fine shades of meaning in the Hebrew and Greek words. Its literalness, however, is not carried to the point where reading is made difficult. At all times an easy, expressive flow of thought is maintained. Its accuracy makes it more desirable than a free translation, that is, one in which the translator takes the general thought and expresses it freely in his own words. The extreme care taken to make the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures accurate is an assurance to readers that what they read is as near to the original thoughts as is possible to express them at this time.

An outstanding feature of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures that is a decided improvement over other versions is the faithful manner in which it restores God’s name, Jehovah, to its rightful place in the Scriptures. Wherever the Hebrew letters for it appear in Bible manuscripts this translation renders the name Jehovah instead of using one of the many substitutions for it that superstitious copyists employed centuries ago. Aside from restoring it to the Hebrew Scriptures, this version is outstanding in its restoration of the divine name to the Christian Greek Scriptures, or New Testament, wherever the Greek Scripture writers made quotations of portions of the Hebrew Scriptures containing the Name. Thus a translation of the Bible finally exists in English that magnifies the Most High by using his proper name in the 7,198 places where it belongs.

How this modern translation helps to make Bible knowledge plain can be quickly seen by comparing it with some well-known versions.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a new Bible translation is published in English many people wonder why, because a great many English versions already exist. Some may even argue that the King James Version gives us the Bible in English; so why produce new translations? The principal reason is to give the public a translation of God’s Word that accurately expresses the fine shades of meaning contained in the Hebrew and Greek of Bible manuscripts and that at the same time is understandable to the average person living today. The King James Version itself was actually a new translation in its day, really a revision of previous English versions, those with previous enlish version spoke against the KJV in the beginning but it met the need for a clearer translation of God’s Word then, and now new versions again meet our need for an easily understood version today.

The English language has changed since 1611, when the KJV was released. Many words that were used then are no longer used today or their meanings have changed. For example, many don't understand the language of the KJV in its rendering of Genesis 25:29. It says: “Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint.” In a new translation that uses the English we speak today this verse reads: “Once Jacob was boiling up some stew, when Esau came along from the field and he was tired.” (NW) Since the purpose in reading the Bible is to learn from it, is not that goal more easily attained when the language used in it is the English that is spoken in this twentieth century rather than that spoken in the seventeenth century?

The translations of the Bible of which the KJV was a revision were based upon a small number of Hebrew and Greek manuscripts. Many thousands of manuscripts have been found since then, some being as much as a thousand years older than those. The fact that these manuscript copies are older means they are closer in time to the original writings and are, therefore, more accurate, having fewer copyist errors. Their existence urges the production of new translations that can incorporate the refinements they make possible.

The continually improved knowledge scholars are gaining of the ancient languages of Hebrew and Greek is another factor that makes new Bible versions necessary. They have a much better understanding of these languages today than did the Bible translators of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.

It was not until the close of the eighteenth century that archaeological findings revealed that the Greek-language manuscripts of the Bible were written in a form of Greek that was spoken by the common people. It differed a little from the classical Greek, just as the English spoken by a laborer often differs from that spoken by the upper class in society. Prior to this discovery scholars made their translations according to their understanding of classical Greek. This resulted in inaccuracies because word meanings according to classical Greek often differed somewhat from the common, or koine, Greek. For example, the KJV renders Matthew 6:27 this way: “Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?” The word it translates “stature” or size was right in Luke 2:52 and Luke 19:3 and Ephesians 4:13, but the common, or koine, Greek also gave the word the meaning of age or time of life. Knowing the extended meaning of the word, modern translators make this verse plainer and more accurate. One version says: “Who of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his life span?” (NW) So the thought should be life span instead of stature.

NEW WORLD TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES

Despite the fact that there are many fine Bible translations in modern-day English, the need for new and fresh translations has not ceased. Every refinement benefits the public by making Bible knowledge plainer and by giving them a more accurate expression of the Scriptures. Recently a new translation of the Bible was released that incorporates numerous refinements as well as eliminating certain shortcomings that were objectionable in other versions. This superb translation is called the “New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.”

To an enthusiastic assembly of more than 51,000 ministers and Bible students the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures was released in one compact volume on June 23, 1961, at Yankee Stadium, New York city. The assembled ministers were surprised at its compact size, yet with easily readable type, and delighted by its nominal price, a price that would make it easily available even to people of small financial means.

Taking advantage of the oldest Bible manuscripts that have been found as well as the improved understanding of koine Greek, the translators of this version have produced a copy of the Bible in English that is extremely accurate. It carefully expresses the fine shades of meaning in the Hebrew and Greek words. Its literalness, however, is not carried to the point where reading is made difficult. At all times an easy, expressive flow of thought is maintained. Its accuracy makes it more desirable than a free translation, that is, one in which the translator takes the general thought and expresses it freely in his own words. The extreme care taken to make the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures accurate is an assurance to readers that what they read is as near to the original thoughts as is possible to express them at this time.

An outstanding feature of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures that is a decided improvement over other versions is the faithful manner in which it restores God’s name, Jehovah, to its rightful place in the Scriptures. Wherever the Hebrew letters for it appear in Bible manuscripts this translation renders the name Jehovah instead of using one of the many substitutions for it that superstitious copyists employed centuries ago. Aside from restoring it to the Hebrew Scriptures, this version is outstanding in its restoration of the divine name to the Christian Greek Scriptures, or New Testament, wherever the Greek Scripture writers made quotations of portions of the Hebrew Scriptures containing the Name. Thus a translation of the Bible finally exists in English that magnifies the Most High by using his proper name in the 7,198 places where it belongs.

How this modern translation helps to make Bible knowledge plain can be quickly seen by comparing it with some well-known versions.
Even the JW's admit Jesus is God!

NWT John 20 Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!

Amen Thomas! Jesus is my God too! See how God made them confess!

Last edited:
Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Amen Thomas! Jesus is my God too!
so I see you're finding out how false the NWT really is. here's another one. in Revelation 1:1 "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:"
someone "SENT" HIS angel to John right, the angel that was sent said in Revelation 22:6 who sent him, "And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done." in the NWT it have Jehovah as sending his angel. but in the KJV as well in the NWT at Revelation 22:16, JESUS sent his angel. Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." so the NWT calls JESUS Jehovah. yet out of the same mouth they teach Jesus is a "god" at John 1:1c... see the lie. when the Holy Spirit showed me this, right in the same chapter, only a few vesr later, they, the JW exposed their ownselves. and never took in consideration, knowing in Revelation 22:6 and Revelation 22:16 they was calling Jesus Jehovah, the TRUE GOD, but at John 1:1c calling Jesus a "god". see how silly the NWT is. my God how ignorant on their part to let that slide by without vetting of the scriptures. but the NWT is not alone in these same things. all these NEW TRANSLATIONS do the same thing. say one thing here and somewhere else say just the opposite.

PICJAG

Reactions: kcnalp

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even the JW's admit Jesus is God!

Amen Thomas! Jesus is my God too! See how God made them confess!

If you want to continue believing that it wasn't The Only Begotten Son of God that God sent to the World of Mankind and if you want to continue believing that it wasn't The Only Begotten Son of God who died for The World of Mankind and that God didn't resurrect his Only Begotten Son three days after his death that's your choice. I will continue to have faith that Jesus is The Only Begotten Son of God and that The Only True God whose name is Jehovah is the Father and God of Jesus.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to continue believing that it wasn't The Only Begotten Son of God that God sent to the World of Mankind and if you want to continue believing that it wasn't The Only Begotten Son of God who died for The World of Mankind and that God didn't resurrect his Only Begotten Son three days after his death that's your choice. I will continue to have faith that Jesus is The Only Begotten Son of God and that The Only True God whose name is Jehovah is the Father and God of Jesus.
I quoted your beloved NWT. Does that upset you?

WT John 20 Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quoted your beloved NWT. Does that upset you?

WT John 20 Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!

You haven't upset me about anything concerning the NWT. It's just as I said, I don't nor do the other JW take one or two scriptures in the Bible and hang a whole doctrine on it. You take what Thomas says to be more important than what Jesus Christ himself said. Just think of it, you think what an imperfect man says, Thomas, and think what he said is more important and accurate than what Jesus Christ said. You think Jesus Christ doesn't know who he is. When Jesus says he has a Father and a God after he was resurrected you think he doesn't know what he's talking about you think Jesus Christ is clueless when he says he has a father and God. According to you Thomas knows what he's talking about but not Jesus. According to you Jesus doesn't know what he's talking about. According to you Jesus is lying. You really think I believe that anything you say can upset me when you say such horrible things about Jesus. You either have faith that Jesus was telling the truth when he said he had a Father and God at John 20:17 or you do not.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't upset me about anything concerning the NWT. It's just as I said, I don't nor do the other JW take one or two scriptures in the Bible and hang a whole doctrine on it. You take what Thomas says to be more important than what Jesus Christ himself said. Just think of it, you think what an imperfect man says, Thomas, and think what he said is more important and accurate than what Jesus Christ said. You think Jesus Christ doesn't know who he is. When Jesus says he has a Father and a God after he was resurrected you think he doesn't know what he's talking about you think Jesus Christ is clueless when he says he has a father and God. According to you Thomas knows what he's talking about but not Jesus. According to you Jesus doesn't know what he's talking about. According to you Jesus is lying. You really think I believe that anything you say can upset me when you say such horrible things about Jesus. You either have faith that Jesus was telling the truth when he said he had a Father and God at John 20:17 or you do not.
You have a problem with the Father being Jesus' God. I don't. Your JW argument, as usual is, the Bible doesn't mean what it says. Maybe you should have an emergency meeting at Kingdom Hall and edit out John 20:28 and Matt 28:19 from YOUR bible?

NWT Matt 28:19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the NAME (singular) of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit.

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.
Gen 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among

Jesus is certainly God of the Christian Bible!

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a problem with the Father being Jesus' God. I don't. Your JW argument, as usual is, the Bible doesn't mean what it says. Maybe you should have an emergency meeting at Kingdom Hall and edit out John 20:28 and Matt 28:19 from YOUR bible?

NWT Matt 28:19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the NAME (singular) of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit.

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.
Gen 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among

Jesus is certainly God of the Christian Bible!

You have a problem of calling Jesus a liar