Who Taught Moses ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"thank you God, that i am like the rest of men"

and you may continue perceiving yourself as better than the rest of men for as long as you like, ok, i'm guilty too, but i'll stand by the post for now wadr. i do hope one day that you might join us, down here on the ground
Nah you dont get it, I know what i am in this terrible flesh, also know who I am in Christ, its like getting up in teh morning and looking at an uncontrollable monster everyday, but knowing that God in His time will deal with it. The best I can do is point men to Christ, if they dont want Him thats not my problem, you know this bit

Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Di I forget to say, that I discovered a long time ago that Christianity is not a popularity contest, If i wanted to be popular I would go to church and play that religion game

God bless

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
no, we don't "have God’s whole revelation to mankind written in book form called the Bible?"

are you sure, mjr?
Without a doubt, revelation only comes from God not reading books, studying nor going to church, and there is a lot of "stuff" God has not revealed, which is why men run around trying to figure out what he is going to do next, foolishness...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God doesn't need a book to save people, I agree, BUT, In the Scriptures there are many Instructions for the people to try to adhere to so to speak. The Five Books Of Moses, and I am sure you know this, are called the Torah> which means Instruction's and or Direction's, which the translator's choose to translate into the WORD [LAW] and now we have men telling us we are no longer under the [LAW], God gave us Instruction's to live by, How to Live for Him, and How to Live with Other's. With Abraham, He walked with God, God gave Abraham these Instruction's, as well noted when God passed the Covenant on to Issac, and on to Jacob. But when God needed to place these Instruction's out to a Nation, such as Israel after the Exodus, it was no longer a one on one situation, Thus Moses Putting it on Paper, so to speak, A Constitution for that Nation, so Yes we need to have that Constitution, so that we can understand God's Will, there is more than the Death, Burial, and Resurrection, in the Faith that was First delivered to the Apostles.
If you do not know God than you can not know His will, There are plenty of people reading and studying the bible and doing "stuff". and still not doing Gods will, It was why Jesus was in constant prayer, communion with teh father.

Ever noticed that after Christ bith there are no more prophets mentioned in teh bible, simply because God no longer needed them

Act_2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

rejected by men just as Jesus is still even today.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Nah you dont get it
gee, surprise
lol, point to someone who does, mjr. i mean, you tell everyone that lol. i am not trying to get it wadr
I know what i am in this terrible flesh, also know who I am in Christ, its like getting up in teh morning and looking at an uncontrollable monster everyday, but knowing that God in His time will deal with it.
one extreme or the other, huh
The best I can do is point men to Christ, if they dont want Him thats not my problem
yes yes, you are the chosen one too, no doubt, and we better be getting on board or to hell with us, i guess lol

wouldn't hurt to contemplate the worst that you might be doing, too i guess
have several witnesses given you the same reflection now, on this?
did you tell any or all of them that they didn't get it, too?
expecting to get diff results any time soon, with this approach?
Di I forget to say, that I discovered a long time ago that Christianity is not a popularity contest, If i wanted to be popular I would go to church and play that religion game
ah no, you say it every time you invoke your new religion wadr

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Without a doubt, revelation only comes from God
so does strong delusion tho, mjr
not reading books, studying
these would at least accomplish what is written, that you might show yourself to be approved though right
and there is a lot of "stuff" God has not revealed
like what
which is why men run around trying to figure out what he is going to do next, foolishness...
ok, i'd be careful calling other men fools, but you do what you like ok
imo everyone has something to teach

and fwiw i don't believe men run around trying to figure out what God is going to do next bc God has not revealed something pertinent, that we need to know.
not saying you can't believe that if you like though

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, we don't "have God’s whole revelation to mankind written in book form called the Bible?"
I believe that we do, but to most people it remains mostly an indecipherable parable and so they often give out incorrect information from it. For some it is less than that. For some it is certainly more than that.

God can give anyone all that is needed without any book, but as He chose to give us a brain and He chose to give us a book, should we not use what He given us? If we do not... consider the meaning of these words:

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without a doubt, revelation only comes from God not reading books, studying nor going to church, and there is a lot of "stuff" God has not revealed, which is why men run around trying to figure out what he is going to do next, foolishness...
Indeed yes:

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

When the books [including the Bible] remain dead they are as per the verse I quoted above, but Jesus is the Book, the Word of God:

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." John 1:14

But then again, when Jesus was dead on the cross, he was like Ecc 12:12 "a weariness of the flesh". The thing to remember is that he did not remain dead on the cross. Neither should any one us eat of the Book [the Bible] without the Life giving Spirit for then it would simply be dead words in us. Jesus is not dead because he resurrected. The scriptures eaten by us are not dead IF they are quickened [brought to Life] in us by the Holy Spirit.

Many people own Bibles, but never read them. Those Bibles are dead paper and ink.
Some people own Bibles and do read them, but if the words they consume remain unquickened by the Holy Spirit, they are also simply dead having no more Life than the unread Bibles.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
DXsRmKP.jpg

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
wanna bet? lol

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

1Co_2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Good luck on that one

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so does strong delusion tho, mjr
delusion is for those who continually reject the truth, since Jesus is they truth, when they reject the truth they reject Him, when they have no truth all that is left is teh lie, we have some fine examples of these here on these forums,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes yes, you are the chosen one too, no doubt, and we better be getting on board or to hell with us, i guess lol

wouldn't hurt to contemplate the worst that you might be doing, too i guess
have several witnesses given you the same reflection now, on this?
did you tell any or all of them that they didn't get it, too?
expecting to get diff results any time soon, with this approach?
Sarcasm BOL , we all have teh choice to come to Christ or do your own thing, our salvation and life is in him, if He cant save you how on earth do you think you are going to save yourself, If His works are not good enough, do you think your own are going to be any better.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
no, no sarcasm was meant, and no comedy was meant over there, ok
take them that way if you like, but i'm being serial :)
YEs we know bbyrd, you are consistent and often very confusing, half teh time we have no idea what you are talking about, other times you are spot on, one moment you agree with something next you disagree, not sure wheter you are coming or going..

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
YEs we know bbyrd, you are consistent and often very confusing, half teh time we have no idea what you are talking about, other times you are spot on, one moment you agree with something next you disagree, not sure wheter you are coming or going..
ok then, when you tell a fellow believer that you hope they find Jesus someday,
are "we" supposed to take that as sarcasm or comedy?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i'd reassure you that you are pretty harmless, if i thought you would take it the right way lol.
so instead i'll just say that you are loved just like you are, ok
Oh I know I am loved, even my name means beloved, Christ died for me, that was no revelation, that He showed me Himself, so much Christ has to offer if men would give Him there time.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you think i am going to site here all day trying to answer 10000 separate posts i have better things to do, why you cant keep them all in one ill never know.

As for the other bit, yes you dont believe, and that is why few grow in Christ. And that was only one thing, That is why so few who know Him will write and speak of these things as they get torn apart but the religious and those who dont believe, but I could care less. it is they who are missing out.