Who Taught Moses ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The above Scripture was possible because the Bible was not yet finished at that time, but once the Bible was completed, it was no longer possible to receive any form of revelations coming from God. Today we have God’s whole revelation to mankind written in book form called the Bible.
No we dont, we have the Holy Spirit that is given to all who believe,but many simply dont believe and so have nothing

For someone who believes only in God, and NOT believe the Bible is the word God, as you’ve claimed, you’re a bad example who thinks he knows the things of God! Go figure.

See I believe God first, most christians dont. I am a bad example of one who idol is the bible but a reasonably good one, for one who is led by the spirit, not perfect but on teh way...

This bit

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Joh_1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

But of course if you have not teh Spirit of God than what have you to do with Him...

Reactions: Truth and Helen

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above Scripture was possible because the Bible was not yet finished at that time, but once the Bible was completed, it was no longer possible to receive any form of revelations coming from God. Today we have God’s whole revelation to mankind written in book form called the Bible.

Just because God is Sovereign, it does not mean He can break His own rules whenever He likes. God is a God of order, and He does not change. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He abides by His own rules. What He says He will do!

And, He said in Revelation 22:18-19:

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.

The plagues written herein are the judgments of God!

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the Holy City, and from the things that are written in this book.

Again, the things written in this book are the judgments of God, but this time, God will also take away his part in the book of life!

The two Scriptures above are ominous warnings. I pray you pay heed.

So you still think nothing can stand against revelation because it only comes from God?

OR…

God never stopped speaking because you said so? Unbeknown to you, the end result thereof is death in both Scriptures above.

For someone who believes only in God, and NOT believe the Bible is the word God, as you’ve claimed, you’re a bad example who thinks he knows the things of God! Go figure.

Why not tell people you’re supposed to have addressed post #8 to me, afraid you will be refuted again as I just did?

To God Be The Glory

If God breaks His own order than God becomes a Lie-er, when God says he will He will, by your own post you say that God is the same yesterday, today and forever! God never says and then changes His Will, God never repents with the exception of man and the flood, with sadness he say.s that he would that He never Created man. God is not a Man!
By the way this thread is about God revealing Himself to the people that are ordinary! Like Moses, and the Prophets, and others that we find throughout the Scriptures, Not about God keeping His word. [Get a grip] SORRY I JUST REREAD YOUR LAST POST!! I MISREAD YOUR POST< second Paragraph I Apologize maybe I need to get a grip?

Last edited:

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See I believe God first, most christians dont. I am abad example of one who idol is the bible but a reasonably good one, for one who is led by the spirit, not perfect but on teh way...

So which came first, the chicken or the egg?

You claim you believed in God first. Well, how did you know there was even a God, unless you read it in the Bible? Did it come by you through revelation from God? Or, are you an incarnation of someone who lived with God in the beginning? Because that’s the only way you could have known there was a God!

Unless you are the person described above, my statement stands…

For someone who believes only in God, and NOT believe the Bible is the word of God, as you’ve claimed, you’re a bad example who thinks he knows the things of God! Go figure.”

To God Be The Glory

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God breaks His own order than God becomes a Lie-er, when God says he will He will, by your own post you say that God is the same yesterday, today and forever! God never says and then changes His Will, God never repents with the exception of man and the flood, with sadness he say.s that he would that He never Created man. God is not a Man!
By the way this thread is about God revealing Himself to the people that are ordinary! Like Moses, and the Prophets, and others that we find throughout the Scriptures, Not about God keeping His word. [Get a grip] SORRY I JUST REREAD YOUR LAST POST!! I MISREAD YOUR POST< second Paragraph I Apologize maybe I need to get a grip?

Apologies are not necessary for we all make mistakes.

BTW, I did respond to the OP. Post #4

To God Be The Glory

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So which came first, the chicken or the egg?

You claim you believed in God first. Well, how did you know there was even a God, unless you read it in the Bible? Did it come by you through revelation from God? Or, are you an incarnation of someone who lived with God in the beginning? Because that’s the only way you could have known there was a God!

Unless you are the person described above, my statement stands…

For someone who believes only in God, and NOT believe the Bible is the word of God, as you’ve claimed, you’re a bad example who thinks he knows the things of God! Go figure.”

To God Be The Glory
So lest see, you are telling me that God, that one who created the heavens and the earth, the stars and planets in the universe, the plants and animals, the sky, teh seas and the ground we walk upon, who created teh tiniest microbe and teh biggest dinosaur, who took a lump of clay formed man and breathe life into His creation so He could have children, needs a book to save men, who do you think God is???

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
God never repents with the exception of man and the flood, with sadness he say.s that he would that He never Created man. God is not a Man!
then imo ascribing sadness to God is a bad idea, seems to me anyway.

i suggest that there are other ways to interpret the Flood fwiw

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So lest see, you are telling me that God, that one who created the heavens and the earth, the stars and planets in the universe, the plants and animals, the sky, teh seas and the ground we walk upon, who created teh tiniest microbe and teh biggest dinosaur, who took a lump of clay formed man and breathe life into His creation so He could have children, needs a book to save men, who do you think God is???
hmm, seems it is the men who need the Book to grasp the Law, not God Who needs it?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God doesn't need a book to save people, I agree, BUT, In the Scriptures there are many Instructions for the people to try to adhere to so to speak. The Five Books Of Moses, and I am sure you know this, are called the Torah> which means Instruction's and or Direction's, which the translator's choose to translate into the WORD [LAW] and now we have men telling us we are no longer under the [LAW], God gave us Instruction's to live by, How to Live for Him, and How to Live with Other's. With Abraham, He walked with God, God gave Abraham these Instruction's, as well noted when God passed the Covenant on to Issac, and on to Jacob. But when God needed to place these Instruction's out to a Nation, such as Israel after the Exodus, it was no longer a one on one situation, Thus Moses Putting it on Paper, so to speak, A Constitution for that Nation, so Yes we need to have that Constitution, so that we can understand God's Will, there is more than the Death, Burial, and Resurrection, in the Faith that was First delivered to the Apostles.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then imo ascribing sadness to God is a bad idea, seems to me anyway.

i suggest that there are other ways to interpret the Flood fwiw

So you do not think that God has the ability to feel, like sadness, or this is My Son in whom I am well Pleased?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
lol, pray it with me then,

"We thank you God, that we are not like those guys over there..."
I do hope one day, that you will take him seriously, here you are dealing with mens lives, it is not a game and it is no joke, the closer the end come the more serious it becomes, this is mens lives we are dealing with and for every one we send astray we will be held accountable, think on it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
So you do not think that God has the ability to feel, like sadness, or this is My Son in whom I am well Pleased?
emotions come from a certain place, but imo a Being to Whom physical death is irrelevant would vastly differ in any emotions from us, who are so obsessed with it anyway. Plus, we are all more or less codependents now, run on emotions, act from our "female," would not, could not be honest about whether those pants made you look fat or not iow--unless it served an emotional/ego purpose anyway, right, so i doubt that we are much qualified to even discuss God's "emotions."

See, telling you those pants made you look fat would be considered a sin now, right

I think the anthropomorphizing of God in Scripture is a device used to convey truth to us, not to necessarily describe God.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I do hope one day, that you will take him seriously, here you are dealing with mens lives, it is not a game and it is no joke, the closer the end come the more serious it becomes, this is mens lives we are dealing with and for every one we send astray we will be held accountable, think on it.
"thank you God, that i am like the rest of men"

and you may continue perceiving yourself as better than the rest of men for as long as you like, ok, i'm guilty too, but i'll stand by the post for now wadr. i do hope one day that you might join us, down here on the ground

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisteuo

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
emotions come from a certain place, but imo a Being to Whom physical death is irrelevant would vastly differ in any emotions from us, who are so obsessed with it anyway. Plus, we are all more or less codependents now, run on emotions, act from our "female," would not, could not be honest about whether those pants made you look fat or not iow--unless it served an emotional/ego purpose anyway, right, so i doubt that we are much qualified to even discuss God's "emotions."

See, telling you those pants made you look fat would be considered a sin now, right

I think the anthropomorphizing of God in Scripture is a device used to convey truth to us, not to necessarily describe God.

Good post, I agree. Emotions are attributed to God in the word, not because He has them...but for the writing of it so we can understand even to a tiny degree our God...which we cannot.
He tries to reveal Himself to us as we would try and reveal who we are to an ant. It can't be done...hence Jesus... " If you have seen Me you have seen the Father.." That is the only revelation of the Father that we get.
We are told " God is Love" ... do any of us really comprehend love.
I've tried sitting and trying to work out what love really is.
The only conclusion I came to is that it cannot abide alone...too deep for me.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I understand, to try to place a feeling upon such an Awesome being, would be rather pointless. So where it is written about saying that He would that He had not created man, and or that He was Well Pleased, would only be for our Benefit, Humanly?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I understand, to try to place a feeling upon such an Awesome being, would be rather pointless. So where it is written about saying that He would that He had not created man, and or that He was Well Pleased, would only be for our Benefit, Humanly?
if the only alternative is that God (Omniscient) was somehow surprised or actually felt remorse for anything that happens through Him, yes imo

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i am having a Does God have human emotions? discussion on two threads now lol

I have been watching your posts on both threads ( liking) and cheering you on...I agree..these 'so called' emotions attributes to God are only so 'we' understand what is being said.