Why didn't god give every soul as much time as it needed to become good? Why send so many to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

darkspeed6

Jan 28, 2024
Illinois
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The bible god is evil, even by his own standards. If he was good, then he would give every soul as much time as necessary to turn good and turn to him. Every soul would turn to god, if given enough time to fight the evil within by experience.

Every soul has evil and good within itself and the evil parts are dumber than the good parts. Good is smarter than evil, which means if it's given enough time to fight evil, it will eventually eradicate it thru its own orchestra. The bible of course ignores this, by saying that human souls don't deserve as much time as they would need to extinguish the evil within themselves thru the good within themselves.

That implies that the bible is a product of psychopathic intentions that man has long since have falsely portrayed to others as only being "but the bible says I should, which means I should".

The tactics of a psycho/serial killer mind would be to force primitive ideas on others thru barbaric uses of weapons and resources, then to claim to be innocent and not be the culprit. Such is the authors of the bible, who have done just that and have used lame excuses for their serial killer primitive uncontrollable urges.

As I and others have said before, Christianity is a terrorist based cult run primarily by mentally ill psychopaths. A true psychopath would not only be a terrorist, but would also terrorize anything it could out of uncontrollable urges, and would use anything it could access freely as a means to do so. Religion would be the main attraction to do that, because its freely accessible to everyone.

Reactions: St. SteVen

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Aren't you assuming many things. Time can be an ally, allowing us time to change. But it is also an enemy to the unrepentant sinner. Sin that is full-grown gives birth to death.

To what direction is your heart inclined? That is the direction you will fall. The righteous die young to be spared from evil. The wicked will fade like grass.

Our days are numbered because we are mortal and corrupt. God's spirit does not abide this state of affairs forever. And this is his right, or should God be forced to prolong our life forever?

If good is more intelligent than evil why are there so many atheists in academia? Intelligence will not lead someone to God, but for an imparting of wisdom from above.

That God allows you to die in your sins is a mercy. He could override your will and force your compliance.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 Remember, O Lord, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old.
7 Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O Lord.
8 Good and upright is the Lord: therefore will he teach sinners in the way. - Psalms 25

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God initially gave man a thousand years... And then what became of them...

5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. - Genesis 6

Reactions: TLHKAJ

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible god is evil, even by his own standards. If he was good, then he would give every soul as much time as necessary to turn good and turn to him. Every soul would turn to god, if given enough time to fight the evil within by experience.

Every soul has evil and good within itself and the evil parts are dumber than the good parts. Good is smarter than evil, which means if it's given enough time to fight evil, it will eventually eradicate it thru its own orchestra. The bible of course ignores this, by saying that human souls don't deserve as much time as they would need to extinguish the evil within themselves thru the good within themselves.

That implies that the bible is a product of psychopathic intentions that man has long since have falsely portrayed to others as only being "but the bible says I should, which means I should".

The tactics of a psycho/serial killer mind would be to force primitive ideas on others thru barbaric uses of weapons and resources, then to claim to be innocent and not be the culprit. Such is the authors of the bible, who have done just that and have used lame excuses for their serial killer primitive uncontrollable urges.

As I and others have said before, Christianity is a terrorist based cult run primarily by mentally ill psychopaths. A true psychopath would not only be a terrorist, but would also terrorize anything it could out of uncontrollable urges, and would use anything it could access freely as a means to do so. Religion would be the main attraction to do that, because its freely accessible to everyone.

You misunderstand.

Life in this world--everyone's whole life, is allotted to them by God for that very reason: Giving everyone a chance "to become good."

That is not evil, that is gracious beyond measure. It's freewill. In this life there is a choice to be made, whether to side with good or with evil. That's it. There is a fork in the road--you get to choose...just like everyone else.

God did that. For you. For everyone.

Reactions: amadeus

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The bible god is evil, even by his own standards
You have gone on to describe this evil god, and of what you have said is true, then I would agree with you... In fact, you could call me an atheist because I don't believe in that god either . The god you describe doesn't exist. I'm not afraid of him, seeing he's a figment of your imagination. He isn't the same God Who led me to repentance and forgiveness, and changed my life forever. The God I believe in has been with me all my life, yet for many years I didn't notice Him. And I am not alone. Hundreds, thousands, and over the centuries, millions have been touched and their lives radically changed for the better by a God who loves them, and gave His life for them. Learn about that God. And make the most of the opportunities you now have to embrace His love and accept His righteousness. If you don't, you have no excuse and your accusations against God fall flatter than last night's road kill.

Last edited:

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Bible "ignores this" because it isn't true. We don't improve over time; we get worse.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This world is FILLED with wickedness. God is totally justified burning BILLIONS in Hell forever and ever!

darkspeed6

Jan 28, 2024
Illinois
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Bible "ignores this" because it isn't true. We don't improve over time; we get worse.
You misunderstand.

Life in this world--everyone's whole life, is allotted to them by God for that very reason: Giving everyone a chance "to become good."

That is not evil, that is gracious beyond measure. It's freewill. In this life there is a choice to be made, whether to side with good or with evil. That's it. There is a fork in the road--you get to choose...just like everyone else.

God did that. For you. For everyone.
U r nuts. U didn't explain how evil cannot be erased by good. U simply came up with a cheap excuse for why u think it cant

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
U misunderstand how powerful good is
This world is falling apart just like Jesus foretold. Ain't getting better! Pay attention.

2 Timothy 3:13
13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
U r nuts. U didn't explain how evil cannot be erased by good. U simply came up with a cheap excuse for why u think it cant

Is that the question then? Because you never asked that. You just ranted an obvious and predictable rant...and I explained what the problem and the actual circumstances are.

But, hey, have it your way (Burger King). The choice is yours, you, like us all, die either knowing or not knowing all that is really true. All you need to do is ask.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn't god give every soul as much time as it needed to become good? Why send so many to hell?
Welcome to CyB.

Hell is just a holding place for the dead. The possible destinations for our eternity is neither heaven nor hell. Heaven is a place for spirit beings, which is not us. Revelation is a new Earth and we in a new glorified body for the saved. The rest are annihilated in the Lake of Fire. There is no ECT (Eternal Conscious Torture) in Scripture.

Having said that, the question about time is profound. The lesson of Original Sin is that we are not good. Therefore, there is no "becoming good" on our own volition. The efficiency of salvation is founded in humility. Does one choose:
  1. to continue to justify themselves, revealing pride, or
  2. admit to their Creator they are overcome by sin, helpless in its grasp and need a lord and savior?
Choose wisely.
1711283424086.png

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible god is evil, even by his own standards. If he was good, then he would give every soul as much time as necessary to turn good and turn to him.
Are you familiar with logic and logical fallacies? Above you posit what is called circular reasoning, invent a standard designed to "fail" God.

Have you read the Bible? Where does it say god is evil, even by his own standards? If that is nowhere, then an inquiring mind wants to know where did that standard come from, if not the Bible?

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can understand your feelings on the matter since the mainstream doctrine of hell requires a stark contrast to the God of love and salvation the Bible says He is. The matter is that hell isn't a place of eternal conscious torment where those with the most seemingly small of unforgiven trespasses against the God of love go to have immortality in regret, unimaginably intense, unrelenting, pain day and night forever.

The Bible is clear that only those who are saved have eternal life while all others are destroyed or perish. I am not going to debate this here in this thread, (this topic almost invariably causes debate) but I will quickly provide just a few verses (there are dozens) that explicitly say what I told you because I feel this will help you correctly understand the matter. Once you understand what hell is this will help reconcile your feelings of misplaced animosity toward God that the Trinitarian church has mislead you into. God bless.

1 John 5
13I have written these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life.

John 3
16For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

2 Peter 3
7And by that same word, the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

Last edited: