Why Baptize a Baby?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if then the light in you is darkness, how great is that darkness....Jesus
That's what the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects need to ask themselves - not Christ's Church.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooo, you AGREE that Baptism saves us??
You will find few outside of Catholicism that will agree with that statement.
You will find other people (such as myself) who believe that being baptism is requirement of believers and part of the believing. But I do not believe that the act itself has any saving power without faith.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects need to ask themselves - not Christ's Church.
BoL comments like this^ destroy civil conversation. Let us be respectful of other people on this board, even those that disagree with us.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, what is baptism? It is an outward demonstration of a transaction that had already taken place in the heart. It is a public declaration of a change in loyalty...a change in attitude...a change in direction. It is an act of obedience as a result of repentance. It is a voluntary death. If someone else baptises another without the others approval or co-operation, that is murder. Baptism is a death and resurrection akin to the death and resurrection of Christ. Christ gave His life. None took it from Him without His consent and cooperation. Christ laid down His life voluntarily, as we do when allowing ourselves to be lowered into the waters. It is a sign of surrender, a sign of our willingness to be raised up by God a new person in Christ.
Babies cannot make such a decision, and no one can make it for them.
No - it's for the forgiveness of our sins and the cleansing of our impurities (Ezek. 36:25-27, Acts 2:38). It is how we are brought into the Family of God (Eph. 4:5-6).

It is NOT merely a symbol - but a necessity for salvation (John 3:5).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will find few outside of Catholicism that will agree with that statement.
You will find other people (such as myself) who believe that being baptism is requirement of believers and part of the believing. But I do not believe that the act itself has any saving power without faith.
I asked this of Taken because she said I made an "idiotic" remark by stating that she DIDN'T believe as I did.
This would lead me to believe that she DOES agree that we are saved at Baptism.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BoL comments like this^ destroy civil conversation. Let us be respectful of other people on this board, even those that disagree with us.
But you DIDN'T find quietthinker's comment to ME to be "disrespectful"??

This
is the problem I've been talking about on this forum for YEARS. All of YOU can blather on with every manner of insuolt and filthy lie about the Catholic Church - but God forbid that we defend ourselves or point out your hypocrisy.

You all need to stand in front of a mirror before pointing your fingers in condemnation . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Disagreement" is fine - but not anti-Catholic attack.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you DIDN'T find quietthinker's comment to ME to be "disrespectful"??

This is the problem I've been talking about on this forum for YEARS. All of YOU can blather on with every manner of insuolt and filthy lie about the Catholic Church - but God forbid that we defend ourselves or point out your hypocrisy.

You all need to stand in front of a mirror before pointing your fingers in condemnation . . .
Have I been disrespectful of you?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not necessarily - but you're condemning MY post without mentioning what I was responding to.
You expressed the wish to have more civil discourse on this forum. That only starts when we turn away from those that attack and reply only with civilness. The change starts from within. I myself have worked hard to turn away from the many attacks online and just reply with civilness.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You expressed the wish to have more civil discourse on this forum. That only starts when we turn away from those that attack and reply only with civilness. The change starts from within. I myself have worked hard to turn away from the many attacks online and just reply with civilness.
And that's fine.
HOWEVER - if you're going to find fault with MY posts for being too "aggressive" - then let's have some equal parity.

I don't start anything here. There's NO record of me having every created ONE single thread because I'm not here to start fights.
I'm ONLY here to expose lies - and there are PLENTY of them here..

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's fine.
HOWEVER - if you're going to find fault with MY posts for being too "aggressive" - then let's have some equal parity.

I don't start anything here. There's NO record of me having every created ONE single thread because I'm not here to start fights.
I'm ONLY here to expose lies - and there are PLENTY of them here..
Comments such as "That's what the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects need to ask themselves - not Christ's Church." is an attack to every non-Catholic on here, including myself.

I respect that you believe what you believe. But please watch your words and be respectful of the non-Catholics on here.

Reactions: Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Comments such as "That's what the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects need to ask themselves - not Christ's Church." is an attack to every non-Catholic on here, including myself.

I respect that you believe what you believe. But please watch your words and be respectful of the non-Catholics on here.
When I respond to an anti-Catholic attack - I will expose the hypocrisy.
When I respond to a simple "disagreement" like the one you and I had - I will respond in kind.

I've had many charitable conversations here - but there are some - like Taken or brakelite and others who don't want to have that kind of discussion with a Catholic.
They prefer to continue spreading lies not matter HOW many times they have been corrected.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I respond to an anti-Catholic attack - I will expose the hypocrisy.
When I respond to a simple "disagreement" like the one you and I had - I will respond in kind.

I've had many charitable conversations here - but there are some - like Taken or brakelite and others who don't want to have that kind of discussion with a Catholic.
They prefer to continue spreading lies not matter HOW many times they have been corrected.
Then please stop attacking my faith. And yes, "That's what the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects need to ask themselves - not Christ's Church." is an attack on my faith.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then please stop attacking my faith. And yes, "That's what the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering sects need to ask themselves - not Christ's Church." is an attack on my faith.
Then perhaps you should work on some of your fellow non-Catholics who are - unlike yourself - rabid anti-Catholics who CONSTANTLY attack my faith . . .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What faith tradition/denomination do you adhere to?
Let's start with the fact that i'm not a Catholic. You attacked my faith here:
I do not attack you. I do not attack any Catholic, any Protestant, or anybody of any faith. I champion civilness and respect, even when I passionately diagram with people. It hurts me when I read this attacking comment from you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's start with the fact that i'm not a Catholic. You attacked my faith here:

I do not attack you. I do not attack any Catholic, any Protestant, or anybody of any faith. I champion civilness and respect, even when I passionately diagram with people. It hurts me when I read this attacking comment from you.
Why is it that whenever I ask a Protestant on this forum what faith tradition or denomination they come from - they get secretive?

EVERYBODY
here knows that we Catholics are Catholic - but all of you seem to hide behind generic Protestantism.
THEN, you get defensive when we lump you all together. I don't think it's fair to lump all Protestants together because you all have different doctrines.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it that whenever I ask a Protestant on this forum what faith tradition or denomination they come from - they get secretive?

EVERYBODY here knows that we Catholics are Catholic - but all of you seem to hide behind generic Protestantism.
THEN, you get defensive when we lump you all together. I don't think it's fair to lump all Protestants together because you all have different doctrines.
This does not address my original comment and instead introduces more erroneous assumptions and attacks.

WHY ARE YOU ATTACKING ME?
Please stop. Please be civil ,as I have been to you.