Why be left behind on rapture day???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! I expect anytime to hear a trumpet blast and in the twinkle of the eye receive a new immortal body as I am caught up into the clouds to meet Jesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
great, but you are not interested in examining what you believe? Or what?
i see nothing hard to understand in the fact that you are reading an account, and you did not see anything. Ergo you are left to make sense of the account. Now, if you had just seen Christ bodily ascending into heaven, would it not make perfect logical sense for you to look up at the sky? Yes or no. We'll deal with the rest in a moment.
so for posterity's sake then, i guess, we might confront whether the Apostle (i forget who; the symbology would suggest Peter, but i guess that would be too direct a hit; but Scripture does some weird thing in IDing who said this, if i remember right?) was just lying to those who stood there looking up, or what?

because obviously if Jesus has not come back yet, then the Apostle lied to them when he told them they would see Jesus return "the same way," right? See, what is going on is, the writer understood that a reader puts their empathy with a certain person in a story, and uses that...i'll say "against them," for lack of a better way to put it.

In this story, one is led to put their empathy where? Not with the believers looking up in the sky, surely, or the fact that it would be exactly what one would do if the only Transfigured Rep of God the world had ever known had just supernaturally risen into the sky, and disappeared into a cloud--which why Christ would have to do that when there is no'where' to go no one can answer either--would be understood; frankly if i was one of them, and you asked me why i was looking up into the sky, i would prolly beat you up just on principle lol.

So, a reader's empathy is not there; it could be with the Apostle; who is apparently lying? But it is most likely with themselves, see, we put ourselves in the place of the one who might see Him "coming back in the same way you saw Him leave." But you did not see Him leave, someone else (supposedly) did. But they were told that they would see Him return "the same way that you saw Him leave."

And the Apostle cannot be considered to be lying, right, or else you can just toss the Bible. So imo we are figuratively being assured that Jesus will not be returning in a manner that our eyes can help us with; and this is even verified in other Scripture "the kingdom does not come by observation," "behold, I am with you always, even to the end of the age," etc. On and on.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
10While He was going, they were gazing into heaven, and suddenly two men in white clothes stood by them.

ah ok; so angels, then. Not lying iow

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i see nothing hard to understand in the fact that you are reading an account, and you did not see anything. Ergo you are left to make sense of the account. Now, if you had just seen Christ bodily ascending into heaven, would it not make perfect logical sense for you to look up at the sky? Yes or no. We'll deal with the rest in a moment.

Yes!!! Men saw Jesus accent into heaven and men will very soon see Jesus return just as men saw Jesus accent!!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But you did not see Him leave, someone else (supposedly) did. But they were told that they would see Him return "the same way that you saw Him leave."
another reflection is that we want to figuratively accept that we will be the ones seeing Him literally return, lol. So one makes themselves a hypocrite in this pov.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read very slowly and try to understand what is being said to "ALL" people then and now==========Men of Galilee," they said, "why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven." Acts 1:11

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
hey, and this is me, totally agreeing; you will see Jesus come down the same way you saw Him go up. Meaning you are kidding yourself, or the angels were lying to those standing there.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Read very slowly and try to understand what is being said to "ALL" people then and now
read as slowly as you like, and recognize that here you want to understand figuratively, but the rest you want to interpret literally, flip-flopping as it suits you. If you take that figuratively, then why are you waiting for a literal return of Jesus?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!!! I am very much waiting for a literal return of Jesus and believers could see that return(catching up = rapture) yet today!!! Time is very short!! Are you ready to meet Jesus in the clouds OR will you be left behind???

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
so, not going to answer, or just can't see the question? i'll be left behind, ty.

29Blessed are the people who have not seen and yet have faith

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why be left behind on rapture day??? God Removes His People before His Judgement falls on evil sin lovers!!

God Removes His People before His Judgement falls on evil sin lovers!!
God removed Righteous Noah and his family and shut them up in the ark for their protection before the great flood that destroyed all evil sin loving people.
God removed Righteous Lot and his family from Sodom before God destroyed Sodom.
Jesus will rapture (catchup) all righteous in Christ believers before the judgment of the great tribulation!!! PTL. Will you meet Jesus in the clouds as your Lord and Savior or as your final Judge?? You get to choose!!!
GINOLJC, no one is left behind, no one is going anywhere except into JUDGMENT, (the wicked). you gave the answer "JUDGMENT". God did not remove Noah and his family from JUDGMENT, he only saved them from it, his judgment was his WRATH. for they was already judge righteous, as we're today. he only lifted (G726 ἁρπάζω harpazo) them above the wrath, or the JUDGMENT which they, (both the righteous and the unrighteous) was in, the flood. likewise we also, 1 Thessalonians 4:17 "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord". I believe God's people will be delivered in his wrath and not before it. scripture, 1 Thessalonians 1:10 "And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come". if we're waiting, then the deliverance is not before his wrath/coming, but in his wrath/coming. take note that the scripture states, "delivered us from", delivered is the past tense of deliver, (LOOK UP THE WORD). this means when the Lord Jesus comes, he descends from heaven completely to the earth, no stopping in mid air. as he rose (G726 ἁρπάζω harpazo) righteous Noah IN WRATH, so LIKEWISE we. he said that he will not destroy with water again, it will be by fire. and the bible clearly give us an example to follow concering this destruction by fire. as the three Hebrew boys was "IN" the fire the Lord descended to delver them from the destruction in the fire. the deliverance from the fire was "IN" it. as with Noah he and his family was delivered by the wrath, (the flood). the three Hebrew boys was delivered by the wrath, (the fiery fire).
so, who was taken into judgment in the flood? the unrighteous. who was taken in the fiery fire? the same ones who threw them in, the unrighteous.

Reactions: Helen

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so, not going to answer, or just can't see the question? i'll be left behind, ty.

29Blessed are the people who have not seen and yet have faith

Luke 21:36 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.
Those Who Died in Christ
13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be """caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. I Thess 4:13-18

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Luke 21:36 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.
understood as having been written right before the fall of the Empire, that possibly means REALLY "about to happen," iow "already happened, 70 AD," but regardless, the alternative is that you are suddenly called to be worrying about tomorrow, which i am not buying.

gotta run, have a good day :)

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
understood as having been written right before the fall of the Empire, that possibly means REALLY "about to happen," iow "already happened, 70 AD," but regardless, the alternative is that you are suddenly called to be worrying about tomorrow, which i am not buying.

gotta run, have a good day :)

Who in 70 AD stood before God?? this is a very near future event==Luke 21:36 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Who in 70 AD stood before God?
well, the newly minted, completely committed Christians, like Paul etc. The people wanted by the Law, on the run from the authorities, who could be killed on sight, prolly for a bounty even.
this is a very near future event
i agree--to them, it was. To us, it has already happened. Not that it can't happen again of course.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"preterism" is IMHO a demon inspired silly flat earth idea of little men!!!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Why be left behind?

Matthew 24:13 "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved."

Is the rapture the end?

So how shall you'll endure if you wanna fly away?

Copperhead

Jul 3, 2017
iowa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think 2 Thessalonians 2:3 nails it. There must be a departure (no not a falling away) before the man of sin can be revealed.

Greek scholar Kenneth Wuest makes the point that Apostasia in the passage that is translated falling away is in error and the the more accurate translation is simply the departure. I know, I know, folks will pile on with Strong's and Young's and whomever's concordances and word studies to counter that. But let's look at what the various bible translators did with the passage.....

• The Tyndale Bible (1526 / 1534) a departynge fyrst

• The Coverdale Bible (1539) a departynge come firft

• The Cranmer Bible (1539) a departynge fyrst

• and The Geneva Bible (1557/ 1608) a departing first

Add in the Wycliff Bible (1384), Breches Bible (1576), Beza Bible (1583) etc all saying the same thing.

And lest we forget the Latin Vulgate (roughly 4th century). The LV uses the word discessio in translating apostasia. Discessio has physical departure in view also.

Falling away did not become part of any of the major translations till the KJV, in which the translators applied the negative anglicized word apostasy on the text in regards to apostasia.

I put those dates in there so one can notice, all of these translations pre-date Darby, who is thought to be the father of the pre-trib idea. And the translators of the Latin Vulgate were 1000 years before any of our english translations and a lot closer to the original texts and meanings. It would be arrogant to think they didn't have a grasp on the Greek.

buddyt

May 23, 2017
oneonta al. USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Caught up IS the rapture!
16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be """caught up""" together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thess. 4:16-18

Luke 21:36 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."
YES!!! Those raptured believers return with Jesus when Jesus sets up His kingdom here and rules the nations with a rod of iron.
1 THESSALONIANS 3:13
13 To the end he may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

JUDE 14-15
14 And Enoc
Partly what you are quoting is the second Advent. Not some dreamed up sweeping away.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 These verses are telling you where the dead are. And what happens at Christ return to start the Lords Day. Very simple to understand. Let me explain.

1 Thessalonians 4:13 Paul says; But I would not have you to be ignorant brethren concerning them which are asleep that you sorrow not even as others which have no hope. What is Paul saying here ?

Translated = I wouldn't have you to be ignorant as to where the dead are have no sorrow be not like those who have no faith.

Verse:14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

Translated = Those believers who have died, Jesus will bring with him at his return.

Verse:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

Translated= Again those believers who have passed on will return with Jesus.

Verse:16: For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the Trump of God and the dead in Christ shall rise first.

Translation= Jesus will descend from heaven at the 7th Trump the Trump of God, with the dead in Christ.

Verse:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Translated= In a twinkling of an eye we will be changed at Jesus return and meet Him and the dead in Christ and shall remain with him.

Verse:18 Wherefore comfort one one another with these words.

Translated= Be comforted in knowing that the dead are with the Lord. Verse: 13 don't be ignorant as those who don't believe, know where the dead are.

Read Ezekiel 13:20 As to what God thinks of this False Teaching.
h also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his saints.
Zech. 14:5, “……and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with Thee“.

Last edited: