Why divorce is not an option for Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
path;74547][SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Arial][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][SIZE=3][COLOR=black][FONT=Arial]Diana said:
[/COLOR][/SIZE]One thing I must say for you, you are a master at twisting another person’s words, just like someone else I know. Every answer you give twists the truth. The term "catholic church" (lower case c’s, not capital C’s) or “universal church” refers to all believers in Jesus Christ across the world and the ages, regardless of "denominational" affiliation.[/SIZE][/FONT] The term "Catholic Church" with capital C’s refers to the Roman Catholic Church headquartered in Rome. It is the one you have been referring to all the time ("the Catholic Church became a nation with the Pope as "Head of State." ) Currently the terms Catholic Church and Roman Catholic Church are synonymous.
Path, most people are not aware that the "Catholic Church" is actually comprised of *twenty-three* independent Catholic Churches, all in "union" with the pope. The Western, or Latin Catholic Church, is so large, however, that many people, even Catholics, are completely unaware of the other twenty-two churches, which make up the Eastern Branch. Some of the Eastern Orthodox church have reconciled back to the Catholic Church in that they now recognize the Pope as the leader. The only two Eastern groups that never fell out of communion with the Catholic Church were the Maronite Catholic Church, and the Italo-Albanian Catholic Church. We are a nation with the Pope as the Head of State. The Pope is the the Head of State of Vatican City, but he is the leader of the Catholic Church, which is located worldwide and not just in Rome.

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
Path, Below is a weblink defining the "Catholic" Church, according to the wikipedia encyclopedia. You can click on the weblink I provided. According to the widipedia, I quoted the bottom. You can click on the weblike to read the rest.
The Catholic Church[note 1] is the world's largest Christian Church, believed by its adherents to be the original Christian church established by Jesus Christ almost two thousand years ago. With more than a billion members, over half of all Christians[note 2] and more than one-sixth of the world's population, the Catholic Church is a communion of the Western, or Latin Rite Church, and 22 autonomous Eastern Catholic Churches, comprising a total of 2,795 dioceses in 2008. The Church's highest earthly authority in matters of faith, morality, and governance is the Pope,[15] currently Pope Benedict XVI, who holds supreme authority in concert with the College of Bishops, of which he is the head.[16][17][18] The Catholic community is made up of an ordained ministry and the laity; members of either group may belong to organized religious communities.[19]The Church defines its mission as spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ, administering the sacraments and exercising charity.[20] It operates social programs and institutions throughout the world, including Catholic schools, universities, hospitals, missions and shelters, as well as Catholic Relief Services and Catholic Charities that help families, the poor, the elderly and the sick.[21]The Church believes itself to be the continuation of the Christian community originally founded by Jesus upon the apostles,[22] among whom Simon Peter held the position of chief apostle.[23] The Church also believes that its bishops, through apostolic succession, are consecrated successors of these apostles,[24][25] and that the Bishop of Rome, as the successor of Peter, possesses a universal primacy of jurisdiction and pastoral care.[26] Some historians of Christianity support this view while others disagree.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Diana;74374]Adstar said:
You forget i was a catholic myself raised in a very religious catholic family, a family that had a tradition of having one of each generation either a priest or a nun. I went to a religious catholic primary school run by nuns and a Secondary school run by the marist brothers.
The Catholic Church teaches its members that divorce and adultery is a sin and against God's commandments.
Two teachings. One is a lie one is the truth. That’s how deceivers work they mix truth with lies and spread confusion.
Regarding divorce in the Gospel of Matthew, Jesus' tests us to open our minds and eyes to see His Word. So, let's take a closer look at Matthew's Gospel, but this time, let's look at Chapter 19, which also speaks about dvorce and compare it to Chapter 5. This is what Chapter 19:8-9 says: Mat. 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: BUT FROM THE BEGINNING IT WAS NOT SO. Mat 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except [it be] for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. Notice that Mat. 19:9 and Mat. 5:32 are the same. But the Key Point regarding divorce is the verse that I placed in bold and capitalized, which is the verse BEFORE Mat. 19:9. Jesus clearly stated that since the beginning divorce was not permitted. It was Moses who started divorce, not God. Moses was a man; therefore, it was man who started and permitted divorce, NOT God. Because divorce was never permitted "since the beginning" by God, then this is what we stand by. God is our Lord and Savior, not Moses. We follow God, not any man even if that man was Moses. Also, we know that a married person who fornicates or have sex with another person not his/her spouse IS adultery and adultery is also against God's commandments. We passed Jesus' round-about test. :)Peace be with you, Diana
You definitely are locked into your loyalty to the false traditions of man. You quote clear scriptures from the Mouth of Jesus Himself and then go on to deny what He said, even when it is so clear and simple that a simple person could understand:Mat 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except [it be] for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. Your church teaches in error and refuses to see that word except building a doctrine in denial of the Clear Word of God.John 663It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.All His Words.All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
Adstar;74550 said:
I give warning. Warning of the Judgement of God. I am a Watchman. I do not condemn i warn of condemnation of God. It is the Word of God clearly laid out for all in the Bible that judges the catholic church.
A warning???? My brother, in all my posts, it had always been Jesus Christ I speak of as Lord and Savior. Is there anything in my posts that says that I worship Buddha or Shiva (the Hindu God)???? Of course not! So, you are warning me of what......for believing in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior? DUH!!! It sounds to me like your condemning me to Hell for believing in Jesus Christ!

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
Adstar;74550] You definitely are locked into your loyalty to the false traditions of man. You quote clear scriptures from the Mouth of Jesus Himself and then go on to deny what He said said:
except [it be] for fornication, [/U]and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery. Your church teaches in error and refuses to see that word except building a doctrine in denial of the Clear Word of God.
I already pointed out to you in Mat. 19:8 (just one verse before Mat. 19:9)that it stated that it was Moses who allowed and permitted divorce. It was never God. Jesus said, that since the beginning, divorce was not permitted, and we stand by this. We don't stand by Moses because Moses was a man.

path

Nov 9, 2008
Diana;74590 said:
....We don't stand by Moses because Moses was a man.
But you do put faith in the Pope and your priest what are they but men? I would put far more faith in what Moses wrote that ANY POPE!

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
path;74592 said:
But you do put faith in the Pope and your priest what are they but men? I would put far more faith in what Moses wrote that ANY POPE!
Moses was also a man, and Jesus corrected him in Matthew 19:8 and Mark 10:5. The fact that Jesus corrected in those two Gospels showed that he was a man. We put our faith in God, not any man.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Diana already pointed out to you in Mat. 19:8 (just one verse before Mat. 19:9)that it stated that it was Moses who allowed and permitted divorce. It was never God. Jesus said, that since the beginning, divorce was not permitted, and we stand by this. We don't stand by Moses because Moses was a man.
Matthew 5:17 "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." Now lets look at Mathew 19:8 but we must start at the beginning for that is where it starts Matthew 19:1 "And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, He departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;"Jesus is moving on now toward Jerusalem. Matthew 19:2 "And great multitudes followed Him; and He healed them there." Jesus entire time of teaching was spent in teaching and healing the sick. Through the healing, the sick came to repentance, and to the Savior. The healing hadn't been done before, and it was a new thing. In the past, you went to the priest with a couple of doves, and then followed the process of following the law. But Jesus was different. Matthew 19:3 "The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, "Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause.?" Here is the head of the religious community trying to tempt Jesus again. The Kenites are back in action. They were trying to trap Jesus and trip Him up. To understand what it was that the Pharisees were trying to do, we first must look at what the law of Divorcement was at that time. Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female," Remember in Genesis 1:27; "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him; man and female created he them." Matthew 19:5 "And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?" Jesus is quoting here from Genesis 2:24; Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." So these two people become one flesh. Matthew 19:6 "Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." There are two aspects to follow in teaching this lesson; the spiritual sense, or the saving blood of Jesus Christ, and also by the law of Moses. This misunderstanding exists today in the religious community, just as it did in the days of Jesus Christ. It is inexcusable for the guilt trip that the religious community tries to lay on men and women, and make them second class citizens for troubles of the past that have caused them to go through a divorce. We will look into each of these directions in this study. The offspring of a marriage becomes one flesh developed from the two parents, in that child. In the spiritual sense this is also true. Christ has a bride, and when you become one in Christ and Christ is in you, then you become one also with Christ. All of the members of the body of Christ become one body, which is the many membered body of Christ. When Christ returns at the end of this earth age, He will return for His bride. In the book of Hosea, God had a wife in Israel, "the House of Israel" and because of her whoredoms, God divorced Israel. Judah, or the House of Judah was a separate nation made up of the two nations to the south of the House of Israel. God did not separate Himself from the House of Judah. All this happened in this earth age; however there is another great wedding coming when Jesus Christ returns for His bride, the Church, the many membered body of Christ. Matthew 19:7 "They say unto him, "Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?" This verse is a continuation of verse three, and notice in verse three the phrase, "for every cause." This is how Satan works, and it is also one of the ways that the Kenites operate. They are of their father the devil, and thus they take liberties with God's Word in distorting that Word, that is one of the marks of the devil. The law of Moses does not say what these demonic Pharisee Kenites say that it says, because they lie. This law is stated in Deuteronomy 24:1, 2; "When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he hath found some uncleanness in her: then let him write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house." [1] "And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another man's wife." [2] The cause is "uncleanness", and in the Hebrew text, it is "ervah", or # 6172 in the Strong's Hebrew dictionary. It is, "disgrace and blemish by nudity and shame, it is the cause of fornication or adultery." This is the cause, so you can see how these so-called religious leaders are truly of their father the Devil, when they twist the law. Matthew 19:8 "He saith unto them, "Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so." This is how Jesus answered them. Notice here that Jesus is not giving His answer relating to men of the past, but this pack of Kenites that are facing them at this time. "Because of the hardness of your hearts..." Jesus is directing His answer to the Kenites that are asking the question, and trying to put Christ on the spot. Jesus is telling this demonic tribe of Pharisee Kenites that from the beginning, God did not intend it to be so. This was not part of God's plan, but came from the sin nature of man, and mans yielding to the temptations of Satan. Matthew 19:9 "And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery." Jesus is telling them; This is what I am saying as the Christ, Jesus is stating what Moses said, only He is going one step beyond, and closing the door that Moses left open in Deuteronomy 24:2; "she may go and be another man's wife." Now apply this to the spiritual application, of Christ and His bride. Jesus said I'm going away for a long while, and I will return for my bride in that day. Then in Matthew 24:19; "And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!" Jesus is directing this verse to His bride, those that call themselves Christians, and say that they are part of the many membered body of Christ. They are supposed to be the wife, and the husband is gone; Christ is not here now, but in heaven. Christ is with us and in us spiritually, but His physical presence will not come until the seventh trumpet. That is the Second Advent. No, this verse is not directed to the young woman that has just given birth to a baby, or is pregnant with a child, but to those who claim the name of Christ, and then will run out at the arrival of the Antichrist, Satan, and worship him as the true Christ, in ignorance. Jesus is telling you, Woe to you, if you should be the one. There are many who teach that divorce is the unforgivable sin, and it is an act that you just can't do that. They want to pass this act off to you, as something that God will not forgive, and that is just as much a lie, as the distortions given by the Kenites. Some churches just love to beat up on the poor divorcee and make him or her as scum, and a second class citizen. This is like saying that God can not be God because He divorced Israel. How stupid. That is what repentance and freedom in Christ is all about, When you fall, and you see you are wrong, you repent, you ask God for forgiveness in Jesus Christ's name. Jesus went to the Cross, and gave His blood for you to have your right to call out to Him in repentance. Friend, don't let any self-righteous hypocrite Pharisee deacon or preacher take that right from you. If they want you to carry that burden of a forgiven sin around, run from them. You don't need them, then start praising the Lord, and looking ahead in the Word of God. God has a plan, and this is all part of that plan. God is the Father, and we are His children. The subject spiritually is that Christ is the husband, and the saved person is part of the bride of Christ. When that bride sins and seeks repentance, Christ forgives. When we have offended others, we are compelled to forgive, and in Matthew 18:22, Jesus compelled us to forgive those that repent, and ask our forgiveness 490 times a day. When you refuse to allow that sin to be forgiven when the sister or brother in the Lord seeks forgiveness, then that sin is on your head. If both repent from the heart, not this play acting stuff, then they are free to remarry, and are new creatures in the family of God. The law of Moses has nothing to do with what Jesus is stating here, in the sense that the teaching of the law was for a school master, and it taught its lesson. No man can keep the law, all of it, and when you break one part, then you have broken all of it. That Law was to show us that we are hopeless under the law, and that is why Christ came to die on the cross. From that shed blood that Christ gave, their is forgiveness from the shackles of the law, and we become new creatures in Christ. Divorce is not good, and should be avoided when possible, and in some cases is next to death on a family; yet there times when it is a necessity, and should be used. God is a loving and understanding Father, and He offers forgiveness for all sin, and in God's forgiveness, there is peace of mind. Matthew 19:10 "His disciples say unto Him, "If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry." Here comes the disciples again, they jump right on the wagon that it is better then not to marry. They jump off the deep end in the other direction. Matthew 19:11 "But he said unto them, "All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given."This is true. Not every man can apply this to themselves, because they just cannot see it. They will not understand it, because their minds are made up, and they are set on following the advice of those that find joy in others misery. These types usually come out of the finer seminaries. You know, the developers of the self-righteous. The Holy Spirit does not lead in the congregation that misleads the people, and teaches against the teachings of Christ. The Holy Spirit works in a wonderful way, and those that are open to Him, and willing to receive his teaching, He will come into them in a miraculous way, and give discernment in the correct understanding of His Word, and there will be no confusion. There will be a peace in your understanding. It is the Holy Spirit that opens your mind, or you just will not see it. http://www.theseason.org/matthew/matthew19.htm

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
n2thelight;74596] [FONT=Arial][B]Matthew 5:17[/B][I] "Think not that I am come to destroy the law said:
[/FONT] Now lets look at Mathew 19:8 but we must start at the beginning for that is where it starts Matthew 19:1 "And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these sayings, He departed from Galilee, and came into the coasts of Judaea beyond Jordan;"Jesus is moving on now toward Jerusalem. Matthew 19:2 "And great multitudes followed Him; and He healed them there." Jesus entire time of teaching was spent in teaching and healing the sick. Through the healing, the sick came to repentance, and to the Savior. The healing hadn't been done before, and it was a new thing. In the past, you went to the priest with a couple of doves, and then followed the process of following the law. But Jesus was different. http://www.theseason.org/matthew/matthew19.htm
Hello n2thelight, Wow! This is a long post. I agree with much of what you say here. Yes, Jesus was the one who came down to save mankind from their sins because He was the only true perfect sacrifice. All other sacrifices in the past were not perfect.
"The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, "Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause.?"Here is the head of the religious community trying to tempt Jesus again. The Kenites are back in action. They were trying to trap Jesus and trip Him up. To understand what it was that the Pharisees were trying to do, we first must look at what the law of Divorcement was at that time. Matthew 19:4 "And he answered and said unto them, "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,"Remember in Genesis 1:27; "So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created he him; man and female created he them." Matthew 19:5 "And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?"Jesus is quoting here from Genesis 2:24; Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." So these two people become one flesh. Matthew 19:6 "Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder."There are two aspects to follow in teaching this lesson; the spiritual sense, or the saving blood of Jesus Christ, and also by the law of Moses. This misunderstanding exists today in the religious community, just as it did in the days of Jesus Christ. It is inexcusable for the guilt trip that the religious community tries to lay on men and women, and make them second class citizens for troubles of the past that have caused them to go through a divorce. We will look into each of these directions in this study.
As Jesus said that God made man and woman since the beginning and the two shall joined and no man will separate (Mat. 19:6). That was indeed the law since Genesis. This explains why Jesus stated in Mat. 19:8, that since the beginning, divorce was not permitted. However, if you go further in time to the days of Moses, this is the Law of divorce set down by Moses (Dt. 24:1-4). According to this law, divorce was allowed. Now let's go back to the Gospel Mat. 19:9. In here, it made an exception to divorce. According to Matthew's Gospel, divorce was forbidden except in the case of sexual immorality. We already know that sexual immorality is adultery, which goes against God's commandments. So now, let's look at the Law of Adultery during Moses time and Jesus' time. The Law of Adultery in Moses time states that anyone who commits adultery will be stoned to death (Lv. 20:10). During Jesus' time, the law of adultery remained the same. Therefore, the law of adultery or sexual immorality is death. Now let's go back to what the Gospel says: Mat. 19:9 says that divorce is not allowed, except in the case of sexual immorality (which is adultery). So, if a person is caught committing adultery, it wouldn't matter under Jewish law whether his/her spouse divorced them because under Jewish law at that time, he/she would be put to death for adultery. So, if a person doesn't like his wife and wants to divorce her and the only way to do it is to commit adultery, then he has a choice. He can either stay married to his wife or be stoned to death under the law of adultery. Which do you think he will choose? My brother, I will address the rest of your post later when I get back online. Right now, I have a meeting to attend. Si Yu'us Ma'asi Thank you and God bless, Diana

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are we under the ," Law", or under" grace", this is the question. I am divorced, no choice of mine", God wasnt upset about it, but the devil sure gave me heck over it. I have forgiven my wife, so has God, get over it, Divorce is here to stay so is Gods grace, the enemy loves to accuse, he loves to remind us of how sinful we are, its his nature, he is a liar and a deceiver, God forgives, God loves, God does not condemn. Keep this silly arguement going and all you are doing is condeming the divorced and reminding them of theier sin. Whos side are you on Gods or satans, whose nature do you desire our Lords or satans, our own nature leaves a lot to be desired as it is, without taking the enemies side.In His Love

bigdummy

Feb 1, 2008
Adstar;74339]Ok to be ballanced i must say that you do not need to divorce a person to leave them and get away from physical abuse. Many people live apart without divorcing. Jesus said that only where one partner comits sexual sin is divorce justified. Also Paul stated that Divorce is ok if an unbelieving partner no longer wishes to remain married to a believer. [B]1 Corinthians 7[/B]12 But to the rest I said:
15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases.[/B] But God has called us to peace. All Praise The Ancient Of Days
But the question here is , Did Paul mean Divorce or Seperation when he uses the word depart ?

arunangelo

Aug 22, 2009
Omaha
surrendersacrifice.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christina;74161]God realizes said:
Deuteronomy 24:1-4[/URL]). Jesus pointed out that these laws were given because of the hardness of people’s hearts, not because they were God’s desire (Matthew 19:8).the Greek word translated “marital unfaithfulness” is a word which can mean any form of sexual immorality. It is can mean fornication, prostitution, adultery, etc. Jesus is possibly saying that divorce is permissible if sexual immorality is committed. Sexual relations are an integral part of the marital bond: “the two will become one flesh” (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5; Ephesians 5:31). Therefore, any breaking of that bond by sexual relations outside of marriage might be a permissible reason for divorce. If so, Jesus also has remarriage in mind in this passage. The phrase “and marries another” (Matthew 19:9) indicates that divorce and remarriage are allowed Some understand 1 Corinthians 7:15 as another “exception,” allowing remarriage if an unbelieving spouse divorces a believer. However, God recognizes that divorce will occur, even among His children. A divorced and/or remarried believer should not feel any less loved by God, even if the divorce and/or remarriage is not covered under the possible exception clause of Matthew 19:9. God himself divorced Israel for her adultery ( idol worship) and divorce is not the unforgivable sin ...And thank heaven he paid for our sins/mistakes and by his grace we are saved. So does God hate divorce yes its painful for all involved can you be forgiven your sin, your slate wiped clean upon repentance yes....
The exception in Matthew's gospel (5:31-32) for divorce in the Greek text is porneia (which means incest or fornication). The exemption is, therefore, against unlawful marriages between close relatives, which were considered unlawful (Leviticus 18:6-18), because they were considered incestuous (porneia); and against common-law marriages (which are also unlawful marriages), in which couples fornicate by living together. Some people try to equate porneia with adultery. However, in the second half of the 32nd verse in the above referenced Matthew’s gospel the Greek word for adultery is moiceia.

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
mjrhealth;74605]Are we under the said:
Is there anything in my post that says that God doesn't forgive divorced people? Divorce and adultery are all against God's laws simply because it is a sin. The Ten Commandments that was given to Moses in the Old Testament was not given to the people so they could follow it. God knows that mankind could never follow those commandments. The Ten Commandments was given so that we could recognize who we are - sinners. Have you noticed that some people here are trying to justify divorce. Divorce is a sin and against God's laws. And when a person realizes what sin is in themselves, then they ask God to forgive them. And this is where grace comes in. God will forgive those who divorce. As one of our saints said, "The law was given so that man may seek grace, and grace is given so that the law can be fulfilled."

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
[quote name='arunangelo;74640]The exception in Matthew's gospel (5:31-32) for divorce in the Greek text is porneia (which means incest or fornication). The exemption is' date=' therefore, against unlawful marriages between close relatives, which were considered unlawful (Leviticus 18:6-18), because they were considered incestuous (porneia); and against common-law marriages (which are also unlawful marriages), in which couples fornicate by living together. Some people try to equate porneia with adultery. However, in the second half of the 32nd verse in the above referenced Matthew’s gospel the Greek word for adultery is moiceia.[/QUOTE'] Thank you for the clarification. And so under the Jewish law of Incest, it is also punishable by death (Lev. 20:14).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Have you noticed that some people here are trying to justify divorce. Divorce is a sin and against God's laws.
We are not under the law. we never where, but what you see is a big deal made over one issue, what about the other 5000 or so sins, should we start topics on all of them. What I also see is a lot of ". Hey look at me i am not like them", well I am just like everyone else. in there is no one sin any worse than another. So lets stop playing the devils advocate, and let God deal with it.In hIs LOve

Diana

Nov 1, 2009
mjrhealth;74710]We are not under the law. we never where said:
Let me rephrase what I wrote because apparently you either didn't read the whole thing or misunderstood it. The Ten Commandments that was given to Moses in the Old Testament was not given to the people so they could follow it. God knows that mankind could never follow those commandments. The Ten Commandments was given so that we could recognize who we are - sinners. And when a person realizes what sin is in themselves, then they ask God to forgive them. God will forgive those who are divorced. As one of our saints said, "The law was given so that man may seek grace, and grace is given so that the law can be fulfilled."

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Hi bigdummy :)
Originally Posted by Adstar View PostOk to be ballanced i must say that you do not need to divorce a person to leave them and get away from physical abuse. Many people live apart without divorcing.Jesus said that only where one partner comits sexual sin is divorce justified.Also Paul stated that Divorce is ok if an unbelieving partner no longer wishes to remain married to a believer.1 Corinthians 712 But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. 13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace.All Praise The Ancient Of Days
bigdummy;74614]But the question here is said:
depart ?[/U]
Paul stated that they where "not under bondage" What is this bondage? It can only be referring to the bondage of marriage. If Paul was simply saying that they where free to leave but they had to remain married then He would not have included: "a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases." There is no idle words in scripture, and for me the only thing Paul could be referring to here is the bondage of marriage.All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Diana;74558]A warning???? My brother said:
What Jesus do you believe in? The True Jesus of scriptures who is true to His Words or a construct? A false jesus built up over the centuries, twisted and contorted by lying messengers serving not God but the powers that be on earth? Paul clearly shows that even in His time there where those who where following "another jesus" a false interpretation of Jesus. Jesus is His Word and He is no liar. I give warning to all to diligently seek out His Word, to pray for the leading of the Holy Spirit to see Jesus as His and not get caught up tragically believing they are following Him when they are following a deception.Jesus said:John 663 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life. All His Words...If you are following doctrines that go against His Words or if you follow doctrines that have been added to His words, Then you are following "another jesus". You are not following the true Jesus of the Bible but another false image of him built up over the centuries. 2 Corrinthians 111 Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly—and indeed you do bear with me. 2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!i believe Paul’s concerns here where justified. And that is why i believe the lament of Jesus was in fact a prophecy of how things would be in the end times just before His return.Luke 186 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”And again Jesus said about the times of His return:Matthew 2436 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. 37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.How many people where true followers of God in the days of Naoh? Sadly, very few.All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth,I went back and read your posts - I understand the direction your going in --or the point you are trying to make.I agree with your perspective.:) Miss Hepburn