Why do alot of Christian denominations have a problem with looking into the Past for the return of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Through scripture. Those people then seen him. You understand what Faith is right Taken? The context is surrounding a generation which would become Jesuss bride. To make that for us today is foolishness in my opinion.

There still is coheir with Christ, becoming a son or daughter of God through adoption, having relationship with them.

Thanks. Me knowing what faith is, was not part of the dialogue. We are not on the same page.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did come, for his bride.

Everyone was in hell, and hell gave up its dead. I believe those who died before Yeshua came back become part of the kingdom of heaven and reigned with Christ until the fulness of time was over.

Okay? People who are in Christ experience salvation today, by and through the spirit. Have I said that has stopped? When it came to those who believers in that day in age, in order to be saved from Gods wrath was to follow Yeshua… because the wrath was coming down upon Israel.

I told you before… once again, people become part of the heavenly kingdom being adopted by God through faith and are spiritually born new in Christ.

People can become co-heir with Christ and also become a son or daughter of God. There is a family of believers in heaven and on earth who are of faith.

The Bride was governed by Apostles. There are no aposltes today.

I dont see what the issue is. If you see yourself as the bride of christ or church, great. I dont see a reason to believe Jesus is coming back expect by and through death…

Everyone is gonna go meet Jesus one day.

Okay.

Hell gave up its dead, and all the souls in it where judged. Paradise, and prison part.

Have I said anything about anyone not being able to become part with Christ because he already came and got his bride?

Oh okay.

Never said anything about it Scott.

What you have presented seems thrown together, and with your added conjecture. I mean really, what marriage includes "co-heirs", "sons, "daughters" and "family?" That's a salad.

Even so, we are not so far off in what we have said. Indeed, He has come, and does come spiritually, as He gave away His flesh to the church. It's just that trying to present God's truth in worldly terms only ends in error, because the terms of God are not the terms of this world. It makes for a dim view presented dimly. It's a square peg in a round hole. Better the renewing of the mind to present God's truth according to His terms...which He has presented on a sort of timeline, except that what He has presented does not actually exist on that same timeline, but rather with Him whose terms are "the same yesterday, today, and forever."

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont get into things like that, if you believe it to be true its between you and God and others who believe it is true. People can say all kinds of things and i can let them believe it, it does not mean I have to go along with them.
God only accepts worship in spirit and truth(John 4:22-24)--And since truth is abundant now here in these last days( Dan 12:4) there won't be any excuse for not knowing Gods truth. Jesus said-Man must live by EVERY utterance, so it does concern you.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you have presented seems thrown together, and with your added conjecture. I mean really, what marriage includes "co-heirs", "sons, "daughters" and "family?" That's a salad.
Being in the family of Christ.

Romans 8:17 says, “Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory”

Romans 8:
because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

Its in the bible Scott.

Even so, we are not so far off in what we have said. Indeed, He has come, and does come spiritually, as He gave away is flesh to the church.
Jesus did return for his bride, bodily and those beliving seem him by faith. People become spiritually born in Christ when they begin to trust and have faith in God.

It's just that trying to present God's truth in worldly terms only ends in error, because the terms of God are not the terms of this world.
All one has is the bible to refer to. Surely those who see what you and me have said would assuredly go challenge their own beliefs by going to the bible to reference and may whay we say be by the spirit, and not of ourself.
It makes for a dim view presented dimly. It's a square peg in a round hole.
Happens all the time. Many people charade that bible around and make grave errors to some aspect or another, myself included.
Better the renewing of the mind to present God's truth according to His terms...
By the spirit hopefully! Not the flesh.
which He has presented on a sort of timeline, except that what He has presented does not actually exist on that same timeline, but rather with Him whose terms are "the same yesterday, today, and forever."
Death can come tomorrow, its good to be thankful and look to the one gives us life.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. Me knowing what faith is, was not part of the dialogue. We are not on the same page.
Okay.
God only accepts worship in spirit and truth(John 4:22-24)--And since truth is abundant now here in these last days( Dan 12:4) there won't be any excuse for not knowing Gods truth. Jesus said-Man must live by EVERY utterance, so it does concern you.
Good. The only last day that ill know personally being aware or unaware is simply death to me.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay.

Good. The only last day that ill know personally being aware or unaware is simply death to me.

OK.
All body’s must and shall die.
But that is not the “end” of all life pertaining to mankind.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm curious to get your thoughts about two situations I was in.

When my ex-wife and I were together I didn't work much as she was disabled with multiple sclerosis. She would have flair-ups that meant someone had to be home with her to help during the day. I stayed home to do this. It wasn't until the last couple of years out of 6 that I had two jobs where I could work on my own schedule. One was I did pet sitting and the other was for a company taking pictures of cars that had been in an accident.

The other situation was with an ex-girlfriend. Her and I were together and had five kids. She never wanted to be married and I had walked away from God when I walked away from the Catholic church for more than those ten years. We ended up moving to Upstate, NY from NJ where I was working as an EMT. When we got there, I ended up being a stay-at-home dad. Reason being I was only gonna be paid $7.12 an hour before union dues and she would make a few more dollars per hour than I did. We had one car and mass transit where we lived was pretty much non-existant. So, I stayed home and took care of the kids.

What are your thoughts? Should I have been able to eat even though I wasn't providing for my family? Could I have been providing for my family by actually taking care of them by being home?

I really am curious as to what you will say.
A man doesn't usually feel proud or have a sense of dignity unless he is working, being productive, supporting himself and his family. He won't get any awards or pats on the back from family and friends for playing Mr. Mom. And he will make up all sorts of excuses why, but the bottom line was he didn't have a plan, he wasn't prepared to be a provider for his family. I am no judge ... and your life is on you. How your family feels about you as a Dad and a husband is what's important.
You had lots of kids. I always said, "If you can't be a good parent, then it really doesn't matter what you accomplish in life, even if you made millions.
Robin Williams committed suicide! We thought he had it all, Mr. Comedian. He was asked one question in an interview, "Robin, if you could go back and do anything differently in your life, what would you do?" Without hesitation, he said, "I would have spent more time with my kids." He evidently felt guilt. He chose to work, seek success and fame instead. Of course he financially supported them, but he wasn't there to watch them grow up. They missed him and he missed out on what was really important.
At least you were there and spent lots of time, hopefully teaching them, helping them with their school work, playing with them, doing activities together. Daycare is expensive and so if your wife was the bread winner, someone had to stay home.

You were responsible in many ways at various times, flexible, but worked. You weren't one of these boys that doesn't want to grow up, who depends on his parents for a free living and does nothing to contribute , but goofs off all day playing games on the internet or pretends to actually accomplish something.
I left home when I was 20 and was on my own supporting myself. Fifty years ago, boys would get the boot after high school or at the latest, college. They had to become men, face life and get a life. That was my point. GOD expects us to work and not be lazy.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay.

Gods kingdom isn't very far off--Babylon the great( worldwide false religions) falls, triggers the tribulation, then Armageddon. I truly believe this Israel-Hamas war will trigger the fall of Babylon the great.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods kingdom isn't very far off--Babylon the great( worldwide false religions) falls, triggers the tribulation, then Armageddon. I truly believe this Israel-Hamas war will trigger the fall of Babylon the great.
Hello Keiw,

This is something you reminded me of and I was thinking about earlier.

God has the ability to deliver from the power of darkness, and bring a person into the Kingdom of his son.

“For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation: for by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also the head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1‬:‭13‬-‭20‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being in the family of Christ.

Romans 8:17 says, “Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory”

Romans 8:
because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."

Its in the bible Scott.

There are many things leading up to and included in the marriage of the bride and Groom. But you are adding to the confusion. The subject of the thread being the return and timing of Christ, is simpler than that. It is rather the individual union of marriage experience under the collective or general heading of "bride" as one..."but each one in his own order."

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There many things leading up to and included in the marriage of the bride and Groom. But you are adding to the confusion. The subject of the thread being the return and timing of Christ, is simpler than that. It is rather the individual union of marriage experience under the collective or general heading of "bride" as one..."but each one in his own order."
Thank you for sharing your viewpoint on the subject, Scotta with me. Its a bit different than my understanding. May the spirit guide.

Reactions: ScottA

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Keiw,

This is something you reminded me of and I was thinking about earlier.

God has the ability to deliver from the power of darkness, and bring a person into the Kingdom of his son.

“For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation: for by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rulers, or authorities—all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also the head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1‬:‭13‬-‭20‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬
Its not me in the darkness---See the words-through him? That means another did it. His God and Father.
Firstborn of all creation= only begotten son= created direct-first and last, all other things created through him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not me in the darkness---See the words-through him? That means another did it. His God and Father.
Firstborn of all creation= only begotten son= created direct-first and last, all other things created through him.
The bible is interesting. It is amazing of what Yahava is capable of doing even transferring those who are overcome by the dominion of darkness into freedom and liberty by the spirit within the Kingdom of Christ. Praise God for calling out to all.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA

“I was made a minister of this church according to the commission from God granted to me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God, that is, the mystery which had been hidden from the past ages and generations, but now has been revealed to His saints,”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1‬:‭25‬-‭26‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

I found this, and I believe this reference to the apostolic church at the time which was to become the bride of Christ whom heard him, and also those who got to partake the Gentiles. Paul, along with the other living apostles, and also others mentioned within some of the context of the letters, there were several people Paul wrote concerning them both from men and women. This was the church which hell would not previal against, spoken to Peter through Jesus. (Perhaps I could be wrong).

The important things to note for me, is that if anyone comes claiming they are the true church or something like that, in my opinion it is not true. While I believe the church, bride of Christ has been taken, and do not believe there is only one true church, that would mean fellowshiping at one congergation or another is all fine and good. People should if they are able to explore and see if there is a church that is able to fit their needs, and sometimes at church you just up listening to little or no bible. Its not good in my opinion, however they have the right and freedom to choose where they would like to attend.

With the first-fruit bride of Christ one could call it, there would be more fruit that would come down the line, therefore “one in their own order”, learning and growing and becoming more like Christ by abiding him, through faith and willingness to do so.

Thank you for taking time to read and sharing with me

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ScottA

“I was made a minister of this church according to the commission from God granted to me for your benefit, so that I might fully carry out the preaching of the word of God, that is, the mystery which had been hidden from the past ages and generations, but now has been revealed to His saints,”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1‬:‭25‬-‭26‬ ‭NASB2020‬‬

I found this, and I believe this reference to the apostolic church at the time which was to become the bride of Christ whom heard him, and also those who got to partake the Gentiles. Paul, along with the other living apostles, and also others mentioned within some of the context of the letters, there were several people Paul wrote concerning them both from men and women. This was the church which hell would not previal against, spoken to Peter through Jesus. (Perhaps I could be wrong).

The important things to note for me, is that if anyone comes claiming they are the true church or something like that, in my opinion it is not true. While I believe the church, bride of Christ has been taken, and do not believe there is only one true church, that would mean fellowshiping at one congergation or another is all fine and good. People should if they are able to explore and see if there is a church that is able to fit their needs, and sometimes at church you just up listening to little or no bible. Its not good in my opinion, however they have the right and freedom to choose where they would like to attend.

With the first-fruit bride of Christ one could call it, there would be more fruit that would come down the line, therefore “one in their own order”, learning and growing and becoming more like Christ by abiding him, through faith and willingness to do so.

Thank you for taking time to read and sharing with me

Thank you as well!

I will say however, that the mystery of marriage that was from the beginning then elaborated upon by Paul, likens the marriage of one man and one women, as "all in Adam" and "all in Christ"; Christ being the Groom and the church as the bride, with both men and women being the likeness of women. That would limit the bride to the church during the church age at the very least, except that the rest of scripture tells us, although expressed elsewhere in plural as "sons" and "fruits" and even as "the sand that is on the seashore", that only One is begotten of God, while all others who have received the promise of salvation before and after His coming, are "in Him" in the resurrection; which then again aligns with the marriage of one man and one woman and the two becoming one; all of which folds again into Christ in God what was unfolded out from Adam, ending with "At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you."

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Satan is a DAMNED LIAR and his children say that Jesus isn't coming again!
He has already came, is that not go enough for you.
What do you think Jesus will do in the second coming ? change what he said in the first at all ?

If one does not pick up on what Jesus was on about in the first, what hope has such a one have in the second ?
One must be lost now if you have not picked up on the first ?

What are you seeking ? something that you have problems with swallowing with what was said in the first ?
Such a one is only of little faith ?

But what of them who have the faith that can move mountains ? what do they need ? Nothing ! because they have it all and some people got to endure in that faith 2000 years ago and to this day ?

If one is seeking Jesus you are not truly found !
It's Jesus who finds you in fact ! you do not find him.

In the second coming no one has the free will to play along with this world ? That Jesus informed us that it was Full of Deceptions and Delusions ! So at the second coming, if you think you wish for such be careful ! because what you want or seek for is Satan comes first in fact, that is the Hellfire ! then everything is burnt up and nothing is left of this world for anyone to be under Delusions or deceptions, for they are all burnt up ! And not to mention who caused all the Hellfire ? it was you ! for rejecting Christ Jesus in fact ! Not putting Christ Jesus first and foremost in your life ! and if one is not willing to do that you are not Saved in fact, for if one was ? Christ Jesus would be in you and you in him period ! and what does that mean for a person who may live to the second coming ? Nothing regarding ones self at all in fact and what is that, well because once one is truly saved you are always Saved period ! regardless, so at the point that Jesus comes back ? is such a one going to be changed ? born again twice :rolleyes:. No !
So why seek the second coming ? it's only because one is not truly Saved in fact !

There is an antidote for the Hellfire that is to come, Preach Christ Jesus to all and you will not have to go through the Hellfire or others will not have to go through the Hellfire.
Would a Real Christen want your loved ones to go through the Hell fire, or anyone in such a regard.
Well Bible clearly points out that we reap what we sow !

The BS that Satanist claim, that you will be raptured up ? so that you will not suffer ? is a delusion and a deception in fact ! so you will sit back and let such take place or hell to bring such Hellfire on, they who do not the will of Christ Jesus will be condemned in fact ! you can not do wrong in order to do what you think is right. Satanist only do such !

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He has already came,
And He will again.

1 Thessalonians 4
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you as well!

I will say however, that the mystery of marriage that was from the beginning then elaborated upon by Paul, likens the marriage of one man and one women, as "all in Adam" and "all in Christ"; Christ being the Groom and the church as the bride, with both men and women being the likeness of women. That would limit the bride to the church during the church age at the very least, except that the rest of scripture tells us, although expressed elsewhere in plural as "sons" and "fruits" and even as "the sand that is on the seashore", that only One is begotten of God, while all others who have received the promise of salvation before and after His coming, are "in Him" in the resurrection; which then again aligns with the marriage of one man and one woman and the two becoming one; all of which folds again into Christ in God what was unfolded out from Adam, ending with "At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you."
ScottA,

I do not find marriage that much of a mystery, as it is founded in the beginning of the Bible. The mystery of that day, was the fact that God had the plan of including the gentiles into the fold, by Yeshua.

Colossians 1:26-27 - See here in the writing from Paul to the people who lived in Colossae.​

New American Standard Bible 1995​

26 that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His [a]saints, 27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScottA,

I do not find marriage that much of a mystery, as it is founded in the beginning of the Bible. The mystery of that day, was the fact that God had the plan of including the gentiles into the fold, by Yeshua.

Colossians 1:26-27 - See here in the writing from Paul to the people who lived in Colossae.​

New American Standard Bible 1995​

26 that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His [a]saints, 27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Indeed, the two "mysteries" are related, even combined in the words, "Christ in you, the hope of glory"...which is the marriage of Christ with the saved/elect as One in glory.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, the two "mysteries" are related, even combined in the words, "Christ in you, the hope of glory"...which is the marriage of Christ with the saved/elect as One in glory.
Praise God for those whom allow his spirit to indwell within faithful Godfearing believers.

Reactions: ScottA