Why do alot of Christian denominations have a problem with looking into the Past for the return of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is also some information concerning the history

Preterist Archives – An Encyclopedia of Faith & Heritage
Glenn L Hill - Christianity's Great Dilemma

There is Suetonius, Josephus, Tacitus, Cassius Dio, \\

Just to be clear there is no history report ever say "We seen Jesus came!" - because of this, and because of all the history surrounding what was promised by Jesus, all those who were faithful and of the bride were taken, and there was no one left to record "We seen Jesus and he took us," and that is something I have to admittedly say - I believe they were taken and I believe it by faith, without any written record. That is my subjective take on why, we do not have that claim written anywhere. And aside from all that from Genesis to Revelation it is all about faith.

Do you trust God to provide and take care of you until you die? Are you faithful to trust him to provide the spiritual newness in your life by and through Christ?

Faith is important... it will always be important because God is pleased by faith.

That is why I stated " I believe by faith that Jesus Christ did come and take his bride in that day in age " Which is a subjective belief, looking at all the evidences that are provided.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is fine to look at History (as described in scriptures) to determine WHEN God acted in a major way and why.

And then to make a guess as to whether there's an imminent concern for Armageddon or not.

And the truth is often very different from what most people concentrate on....as was the last time God showed up in human form or Spiritual form....or had a messenger show up in His place. They just look at the various plagues, conflicts, or some incident to be the watershed moment. And that really is not the case. This is no different from the Jews who looked for Jesus to be a great Military Commander/King. Instead the humble Servant of Mankind that has enthralled an uncountable number these thousands of years was the thing the Jews still miss to this day.

And if we do look very broadly at the different scenarios where God acted in a big, immediate manner....it was ALWAYS because of CORPORATE SIN.
Because the Spiritual/Religious leadership failed the people in every manner possible.

In the Book of Judges towards the last two or three Chapters an atrocity in Gibeah of unimaginable consequences is described. With the High Priest of the Tabernacle absolutely ignoring the Law and giving the worst advice to the "good guys" on the sole basis of what they wanted to hear instead of what they needed to hear.

That brought about Samuel and ultimately King David. But this is a good example of the details of how and why God acts on a corporate basis. (As explained in the first several chapters in Samuel)

The prophet Hosea explains this further in chapter 10 in song prose and references this watershed. It's not sudden by the people's viewpoint at all. It requires decades upon decades to get there...to the point that acting sinfully is traditional and believed to be what God desires.

I know that people look at the exact prophesies of Revelation, Daniel, Thessalonians, 2Timothy, Olivet Discourse, and then fantasize about the meaning of these words to fit today and how we all need to worry. BUT....perfect love drives out all fear.

So....look on to what needs to be done in your immediate community. Do not fear actions on the other side of the planet (literally). Just keep telling others about how much God has done for you.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is taken care of?

Is Satan decieving nations today?

Look at the news.. Satan is very active today..
Many now preach as did hyemanues , they preach the ressurection is past already .
They preach THE COMING of JESUS as though its already past and happened in seventy AD .
My advice is , DONT HEED THEM .
Many preach the mark and etc as already being in the past and yet , and yet , i challenge everyone
to look at the digital system . TIS a system that once its enforced
NO MAN will be able to buy or to sell , LEST ......................................
And what will rule and govern the digital system . AI . now lets examine AI
AI can produce any image and that image can SPEAK . OH YES .
SO visualize this , you have an image that has life that can SPEAK , that can cause
that is over the very system that if a man complies not , HE NO BUY , HE NO SELL .
NOW lets go read revelation chapter thirteen . And he giveth life unto the image of the beast
so that the image can SPEAK and cause that as many as would not worship .........................

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like all the bible @Behold. Im not good at the old testament but i got a fairly good grip on the new testament. Not saying i know everything I get the general overall picture and layout. Many suggest its for today as though the events of a generation then will happen today. I disagree. Thats all you can do here with me is disgaree or suggest otherwise.

Either the bible is right and the truth is the devil is gone, or its not true and he still exists. What you believe is he does, im okay with that. I personally do not, why are you not okay with that?
Your grip might be very tight on the new test , but the problem is your fingers have been greased by the deceptoins of men .
Greased fingers cannot hold onto the truth ,
Time to get back in that bible for YOU and do flee preterism . cause preterism and universalims has GREASED YOUR HANDS
so full , so very full of grease , no matter how hard you try and squeeze , IT SLIPS right through your fingers .
IF YOU WANNA grasp on the TRUTH . THEN wipe those fingers clean of preterism grease
and get back inthe bible for you .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have to make their choice in this life. Best to live in faith and hope, and love. I’m not bothered by trusting Jesus and his promises for them in that day. To not trust him is nonsensical. People must make their choice and Yahava looks at the heart. Not whether you believe he came or hasnt. It does effect ones world view.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many now preach as did hyemanues , they preach the ressurection is past already .
They preach THE COMING of JESUS as though its already past and happened in seventy AD .
My advice is , DONT HEED THEM .
Many preach the mark and etc as already being in the past and yet , and yet , i challenge everyone
to look at the digital system . TIS a system that once its enforced
NO MAN will be able to buy or to sell , LEST ......................................
And what will rule and govern the digital system . AI . now lets examine AI
AI can produce any image and that image can SPEAK . OH YES .
SO visualize this , you have an image that has life that can SPEAK , that can cause
that is over the very system that if a man complies not , HE NO BUY , HE NO SELL .
NOW lets go read revelation chapter thirteen . And he giveth life unto the image of the beast
so that the image can SPEAK and cause that as many as would not worship .........................
This happened in their day in age. With people from Israel denying their own families food if they did not pledge affiliation with Ceaser being Lord. They started eating each other… it was a horrible tribulation that was great and was to never happen again. Unless Jesus is a liar.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Then the whole bible should be thrown out and tossed away. Can't trust Jesus to return, can't trust the Apostles to be honest about his return which is all seen through the letters. JEsus is a liar, and the Apostles are too. We have to trust men today, to show up signs of the times, in order to wait for JEsus to come get us, but if you are austrila and im in america, how are we gonna get to jeruslaem? I can't see the storm until gets passed a certain border of alabama, then it hits my county, then the rain pours. I Can't see Jeruslaem from here. Doesn't make any sense... it's just a hopeful expectation people have.... And that is fine if people wanna believe that, I am not knocking them at all, they can believe whatever they want, however the story seems very different than what people do suggest.

It's either accept or reject and that is okay with me.

I do believe that Jesus was coming and he did come to that generation who went through the great tribulation which was a one time event according to the written Gospels.

Here is also some information concerning the history

Preterist Archives – An Encyclopedia of Faith & Heritage
Glenn L Hill - Christianity's Great Dilemma

There is Suetonius, Josephus, Tacitus, Cassius Dio, \\

And I know people would desire some just bits and pieces and make it smoother to go down our throats but unfortunately that is not the case for me to do, the more easier it is for you, the more easier it is for you also to forget if anyone is not desirous to do their own study.

I bid you the best of luck, and hope for all the best for each and every member on this board here. @CadyandZoe So sorry for my red flags that make you wonder about the legimacy of a claim which says "I believe that Jesus christ came back as promised in that day" and I believe he wasn't joking around, here is you some objectivity to go through if you desire, if you dont desire then it's best you not engage me any further on this thread.

Cause I am not a debater, and I will let you believe what you want, and not need to win over you. I just present what is believed.

I do have Josephus book, and I have cassius dios book, I did have glenn hills book but alas people must consider information then choose for themselves.
Matthew 24: 29-31
29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18

15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:51-54
51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep,but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable,and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 24: 29-31
29 “Immediately after the distress of those days
“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’
30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18
15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.

1 Corinthians 15:51-54
51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep,but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable,and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

Its amazing the people of that age read these things isnt it? Thats why I tend to value history when it comes to the bible its benefical.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its amazing the people of that age read these things isnt it? Thats why I tend to value history when it comes to the bible its benefical.
Boy are you gonna be disappointed!

Matthew 24
21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened.

Reactions: amigo de christo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus spoke of the end of the age to his disicples, after his death, burial, and resurrection. The Holy Spirit would remind them of everything that they were told, and they would go forth and also confess that the Lord was going to come back, coming through the clouds when they would gather and have fellowship, just like people still do today.

The only difference was the Wrath of God was also going to come down on Israel for what it had done by killing the Son of God, and their entirity history would be wiped out, and be made new by God through spiritual means and no longer matrial means.

To me the trumpet was the last war which was God using the Roman army to take out the nation of Israel and wipe out all of its history, including the temple, and the priesthood, and offering sacrfices, geneaologies was all burned up and done away with when the wrath of God had fallen upon them.

This would include the judgment of Satan, those who were in hell which gave up all the souls within it, the judgement of the beast and false prophet, the doing away with hell and death. And that some souls ahich would partake in the lake of fire. Which was not made for humans but for Satan and his angels.

This would allow for all things to become new, and now all who believe are adopted as children of God, and all people have had their sins taken care off and all people are able to access Yahava because of the Lord Jesus Christ. Which one can relaize that the World has be reconciled back to God and that the Garden of Eden like state has been restablished by spiritual means, today people pick from the tree of life or the other.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If Jesus spoke of the end of the age to his disicples, after his death, burial, and resurrection. The Holy Spirit would remind them of everything that they were told, and they would go forth and also confess that the Lord was going to come back, coming through the clouds when they would gather and have fellowship, just like people still do today.

The only difference was the Wrath of God was also going to come down on Israel for what it had done by killing the Son of God, and their entirity history would be wiped out, and be made new by God through spiritual means and no longer matrial means.

To me the trumpet was the last war which was God using the Roman army to take out the nation of Israel and wipe out all of its history, including the temple, and the priesthood, and offering sacrfices, geneaologies was all burned up and done away with when the wrath of God had fallen upon them.

This would include the judgment of Satan, those who were in hell which gave up all the souls within it, the judgement of the beast and false prophet, the doing away with hell and death. And that some souls ahich would partake in the lake of fire. Which was not made for humans but for Satan and his angels.

This would allow for all things to become new, and now all who believe are adopted as children of God, and all people have had their sins taken care off and all people are able to access Yahava because of the Lord Jesus Christ. Which one can relaize that the World has be reconciled back to God and that the Garden of Eden like state has been restablished by spiritual means, today people pick from the tree of life or the other.
Your understanding Matthew is an incoherent muddle but I guess you understand this yourself.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your understanding Matthew is an incoherent muddle but I guess you understand this yourself.
I do not think so, however having read the gospels several times, it is a good thing to know what the scriptures talks about. So many claim they know what they are talking about, well when it comes to truth peoples mind becomes rejective of such.

May those who continue to go through and read about the Lord Jesus Christ pay attention to what you are reading, and also remember that it will help you with Revelation, and also considering many of the old testament scriptures. Be encouraged.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think so, however having read the gospels several times, it is a good thing to know what the scriptures talks about. So many claim they know what they are talking about, well when it comes to truth peoples mind becomes rejective of such.
Aren't you the one who made the blasphemous comment, "Yeshua BECAME the Lord God Almighty"?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack, I have stated that I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, became the Lord God Almighty, when he overcame all things, and sat in the throne of his father with him. God was all in all, and all enemies had been put beneath the Lords feet, and the last enemy was death.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack, I have stated that I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, became the Lord God Almighty, when he overcame all things, and sat in the throne of his father with him. God was all in all, and all enemies had been put beneath the Lords feet, and the last enemy was death.
What was Jesus before He "became" God? Did He create Himself before He was God? lol

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Eternal Word​

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [a]comprehend it.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Eternal Word​

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not [a]comprehend it.
Evasive!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son. For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭14‬, ‭17‬-‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father’s one and only Son. For the law was given through Moses, but God’s unfailing love and faithfulness came through Jesus Christ. No one has ever seen God. But the unique One, who is himself God, is near to the Father’s heart. He has revealed God to us.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1‬:‭14‬, ‭17‬-‭18‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Please answer my simple question. Who / what was Yeshua / Jesus before He 'BECAME' God?