Why do alot of Christian denominations have a problem with looking into the Past for the return of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way you said this is interesting. “Jesus promise to return shortly in revelation” I get you were referring to the book? But how did Paul see Him? By Revelation?

either Jesus promise to return shortly in Revelation (Spirit?) was truth or it was a lie. —I don’t think it was a lie since Paul confirms that he was taught by the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
What is Revelation if not a revealing or to reveal? Or to be made seen?

John wrote revelation to seven specifc churches of Jesus telling some of them to get rid of things that where hindering them or they would be cut off, there was a promise of destruction placed forth by Jesus to his apostles and this is the full scope of it all. And that Jesus was going to return shortly, quickly without delay, promised to come back the same way he ascended. Therefore I believe the faithful in the great tribulation seen the Son of Man, coming in the clouds as a reality which was promised.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You love playing word games to avoid what you said!
I dont think so. You just have an issue and its something that I can not fix. I love God, and the Lord Jesus, without them, Im not able to do anything good. All my flesh wants to do is bad.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason this thread was made was to see what people thought of when it pertains to this subject at large. There have been many different views presented over the time of this being made, and thank you for being part of the contribuation.

There is a fine reasoning when it comes to the belief of Jesus having came as promised to get his bride in that day in age. It leads to a resting in Christ, and knowing he has completed his work, and he because of what was done has been able to reconciled the world unto God, because of God in and through Christ, doing so by the Word of God being within the flesh of the Lord.

Having faith and trust that God has released his wrath out rightly and justly on those who killed the Son of God.
Judgement of those in hell, and death being done away with.
Satan being done away with, and the false prophet and the beast, forever.

God will rise all people good or bad, and there is a place outside of the Kingdom for unbelievers, and inside for those who are believers who seek out God.

There is the lake of fire, however people say there is the second death which is permanent, idk what this lake of fire is like, however if it comes from God it has some purifying properties that are applied to this second death which perhaps can save the soul of a person, however if that is true or not; no one really knows.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont think so. You just have an issue and its something that I can not fix. I love God, and the Lord Jesus, without them, Im not able to do anything good. All my flesh wants to do is bad.
I certainly have an issue with you saying Jesus wasn't God, that He BECAME God!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly have an issue with you saying Jesus wasn't God, that He BECAME God!
Okay. That is my thought process on what happened to Jesus after overcoming all things. The reason is because he was stripped of his former place when he came down to earth when the holy spirit overshadowed Mary. Jesus in his flesh had to overcome things. Jesus by his flesh was not God. However within the flesh of Jesus, was the Word of God and also the Holy Spirit of God to help keep him from sinning. When he overcame all things he sat back down to his former glory.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Not everyone is going to be in agreement though and its understandable, its God and the Lord who gives us newness of life and that is something to be thankful for.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. That is my thought process on what happened to Jesus after overcoming all things. The reason is because he was stripped of his former place when he came down to earth when the holy spirit overshadowed Mary. Jesus in his flesh had to overcome things. Jesus by his flesh was not God. However within the flesh of Jesus, was the Word of God and also the Holy Spirit of God to help keep him from sinning. When he overcame all things he sat back down to his former glory.

John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Not everyone is going to be in agreement though and its understandable, its God and the Lord who gives us newness of life and that is something to be thankful for.
God was ALWAYS God. Someone can't BECOME God!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was ALWAYS God. Someone can't BECOME God!
Okay, Jack. Ive done tried to explain to you several times, however if you would like to continue to go back and forth we will have to stop here, cause there is no sense. You have an issue and now people know what your issues are, and they are noted. All I know what I have shared with you, about Jesus overcoming and sitting with his Father in His throne, and it seems to me they become one again like in the beginning. Maybe im Wrong but hey youll just have to go on with life.

Have a good thanksgiving.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, Jack. Ive done tried to explain to you several times, however if you would like to continue to go back and forth we will have to stop here, cause there is no sense. You have an issue and now people know what your issues are, and they are noted. All I know what I have shared with you, about Jesus overcoming and sitting with his Father in His throne, and it seems to me they become one again like in the beginning. Maybe im Wrong but hey youll just have to go on with life.

Have a good thanksgiving.
You are indeed WRONG and I'm just here to defend the Christian Bible. Jesus is the Creator. He didn't BECOME God. He always was.

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are indeed WRONG and I'm just here to defend the Christian Bible. Jesus is the Creator. He didn't BECOME God. He always was.

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created!
Okay. Thank you.

Reactions: Jack

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me as though Jesus promised to come back within a generation which would witness the things he promised to foretell to his chosen disciples, however people decide to make Revelation for us today? Now please do not get me wrong, there are many things within the bible to investigate and to go through, the biggest problem mainly I suppose comes with if Jesus already came back now what? What is there left to do but for Yahava to decide if one will allow him to work in their life, all while having faith that Yeshua has indeed overcame all things which he promised he would end up taking care of, such as death, satan, the beast, the false prophet, hades, and of course sin once and for all on the cross. Some believe that this measure doesn't measure out to those who do not have faith - but Yahava has faith, therefore if Yahava has faith, and that what Jesus said was true all would be raised either to resurrection of life, or condemnation, he is unable to get that all with the heavenly kingdom being established and those who die from this life to that life, are resurrected and placed where they belong with God or without God.

Why do people have such a problem with this? Is due to their outlook on seeing all these things unfold in our generation today, when it was for a generation of a time that would be so great no other time would compare to what would come about when Yeshua would return and was seen by those of faith and taken and establishing the heavenly kingdom above?

Overall I believe by faith Jesus had came and taken his bride, - its just a subjective take compared to what most denominations preach today.
The visible churches do not acknowledge the day of Pentecost as a "coming of Christ", but have signed it off as the coming of a separate entity of God, as being The Comforter, aka the Holy Spirit.

So then, even though they declare the three manifestations of God of being three Persons in One (a trinity), they in turn negate the reality that Jesus is Himself a Being of Holy Spirit.

The Three manifestations of Jesus:
1. Jesus came to Israel in the flesh.
2. Jesus is coming to each of us by His Spirit.
3. Jesus will be revealed from heaven to all in His Immortality.
KJV John 14:23; Rom. 8:9; Rev. 3:20; 2 Thes. 1:7-10.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The visible churches do not acknowledge the day of Pentecost as a "coming of Christ", but have signed it off as the coming of a separate entity of God, as being The Comforter, aka the Holy Spirit.

So then, even though they declare the three manifestations of God of being three Persons in One (a trinity), they in turn negate the reality that Jesus is Himself a Being of Holy Spirit.

The Three manifestations of Jesus:
1. Jesus came to Israel in the flesh.
2. Jesus is coming to each of us by His Spirit.
3. Jesus will be revealed from heaven to all in His Immortality.
KJV John 14:23; Rom. 8:9; Rev. 3:20; 2 Thes. 1:7-10.

But you cant mistake those people waiting watching and faithfully seeking him to rescue them.

Idk about those other mentions, wheter they are formative of the narrative which is the context of the bride in that day in age…

To me personally; Jesus did come and those faithful seen him. As he did ascended they saw him, same thing when he came to rescue them and where transformed.

Idk about you; ive always differed from you in this way. Not that we need to go over it again.

Last edited:

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me personally; Jesus did come and those faithful seen him. As he did ascended they saw him, same thing when he came to rescue them and where transformed.
Yes, the disciples did see Jesus ascend, but when afterwards did Jesus rescue them and were transformed?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the disciples did see Jesus ascend, but when afterwards did Jesus rescue them and were transformed?
I believe personally in faith those people where not lied to, and jesus came and rescued them from the tribulation. I believe everything thing came together around the time of israels destruction and divorcent from God. (70ad)

Do you believe those who were shared the revelation were lied too?

Or why do assume he never did come back? He had to come bavk otherwise he was a liar? Why put trust in a liar? And continue to claim “he is coming?”

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe personally in faith those people where not lied to, and jesus came and rescued them from the tribulation. I believe everything thing came together around the time of israels destruction and divorcent from God. (70ad)

Do you believe those who were shared the revelation were lied too?

Or why do assume he never did come back? He had to come bavk otherwise he was a liar? Why put trust in a liar? And continue to claim “he is coming?”
Yes, Jesus did come back, and has been with us in the form of His Holy Spirit since Pentecost, which is the 2nd of the three of His manifestations. His 3rd manifestation in Immortality from heaven, has not taken place yet.
1. In the flesh.
2. By His Holy Spirit.
3. From heaven in flaming fire, in His Immortality.