Why do alot of Christian denominations have a problem with looking into the Past for the return of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, Jack. I am not going to answer your question. If youre not satisifed with the previous answers, there will be no need in doing it a third time. I still believe that Jesus became the Lord God Almighty, as the scriptures proclaim. When he was to overcome all things and God would be all and all, and Jesus would sit on the throne with his Father. The usage of the Lord God Almighty is only refereneced in Revelation, and not anywhere else in scripture.

“Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God’s authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭28‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered all over with eyes, inside and out. Day after day and night after night they keep on saying, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty— the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.” Whenever the living beings give glory and honor and thanks to the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever), the twenty-four elders fall down and worship the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever). And they lay their crowns before the throne and say, “You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭4‬:‭8‬-‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

““Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne. “Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3‬:‭20‬-‭22‬ ‭NLT‬‬

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, Jack. I am not going to answer your question.
You have proven that!
If youre not satisifed with the previous answers, there will be no need in doing it a third time. I still believe that Jesus became the Lord God Almighty, as the scriptures proclaim. When he was to overcome all things and God would be all and all, and Jesus would sit on the throne with his Father. The usage of the Lord God Almighty is only refereneced in Revelation, and not anywhere else in scripture.
Who / What was Jesus / Yeshua before He 'BECAME' God? You'll have to answer on Judgment Day so you better figure it out now before you stand before Jesus the God of the Bible Who was ALWAYS God Almighty.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, Jack. I am not going to answer your question. If youre not satisifed with the previous answers, there will be no need in doing it a third time. I still believe that Jesus became the Lord God Almighty, as the scriptures proclaim. When he was to overcome all things and God would be all and all, and Jesus would sit on the throne with his Father. The usage of the Lord God Almighty is only refereneced in Revelation, and not anywhere else in scripture.

“Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God’s authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭15‬:‭28‬ ‭NLT‬‬

“Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered all over with eyes, inside and out. Day after day and night after night they keep on saying, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty— the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.” Whenever the living beings give glory and honor and thanks to the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever), the twenty-four elders fall down and worship the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever). And they lay their crowns before the throne and say, “You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭4‬:‭8‬-‭11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

““Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends. Those who are victorious will sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat with my Father on his throne. “Anyone with ears to hear must listen to the Spirit and understand what he is saying to the churches.””
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭3‬:‭20‬-‭22‬ ‭NLT‬‬
Simple question: Who / What was Jesus before He "BECAME" the Lord God Almighty? I don't think you have a clue.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple question: Who / What was Jesus before He "BECAME" the Lord God Almighty? I don't think you have a clue.
You can tell me your answer if you want to. I believe Jesus had to overcome things, after having come from his former residentency. Thus he overcame and became, just like he became Gods only begotten son, after resurrecfion.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you have such a problem with me saying it, @Jack, can you tell me that?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can tell me your answer if you want to. I believe Jesus had to overcome things, after having come from his former residentency. Thus he overcame and became, just like he became Gods only begotten son, after resurrecfion.
It was YOUR comment. How can someone BECOME God? Do you think you will be God???

"Eventually though Yeshua has became the Lord God Almighty."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was YOUR comment. How can someone BECOME God? Do you think you will be God???

"Eventually though Yeshua has became the Lord God Almighty."
Why do you have a problem with that?

I see it is as the Father and the Son being one together. The Lord God Almighty. Jesus had to overcome to sit with Father.

No I dont believe I will become a God, however God resides in believers by and through His Spirit.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you have such a problem with me saying it, @Jack, can you tell me that?
Because you're attacking the doctrine of Jesus! The most important doctrine in the Christian Bible!

2 John 1
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you're attacking the doctrine of Jesus! The most important doctrine in the Christian Bible!

2 John 1
9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.
You interpet me seeing Jesus becoming one with His Father as the Lord God Almighty, as attacking the doctrine of Jesus?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's YOUR problem.
I dont have a problem with it at all.
So you're sticking with your blasphemous comment that Jesus BECAME God?
I didnt say he became God. I said became the Lord God Almighty, having overcame all things thay Jesus would sit on the throne with his Father.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't interpret anything. I quoted YOU.
Why do you care so much about it? I have proclaimed the statements you made. What was your purpose? Have you been supplied with enough information?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont have a problem with it at all.

I didnt say he became God. I said became the Lord God Almighty, having overcame all things thay Jesus would sit on the throne with his Father.
Do you read your own comments?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you care so much about it? I have proclaimed the statements you made. What was your purpose? Have you been supplied with enough information?
Because you're preaching blasphemy to others.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because you're preaching blasphemy to others.
Blasphemey is when you say God is not good. When you say you dont need Jesus in your life. When you say everything jesus done was evil and bad. Or you say whatever the holy spirit does is not true.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blasphemey is when you say God is not good. When you say you dont need Jesus in your life. When you say everything jesus done was evil and bad. Or you say whatever the holy spirit does is not true.
You clearly said Jesus wasn't God! That's Satanic!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either Jesus promise to return shortly in revelation was truth or it was a lie.
The way you said this is interesting. “Jesus promise to return shortly in revelation” I get you were referring to the book? But how did Paul see Him? By Revelation?

either Jesus promise to return shortly in Revelation (Spirit?) was truth or it was a lie. —I don’t think it was a lie since Paul confirms that he was taught by the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
What is Revelation if not a revealing or to reveal? Or to be made seen?

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte